Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    So if the virus turns out to have been made in a lab, trump gets off the hook for letting half a million Americans die? 

Is this the mindset people have? 

From where I'm sitting I don't see how any news about the virus' origin changes the negligence, ignorance or incompetence of the trump administration, but I guess conservatives will latch onto whatever it takes to help them feel better about their golden god.
    word up
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    So if the virus turns out to have been made in a lab, trump gets off the hook for letting half a million Americans die? 

Is this the mindset people have? 

From where I'm sitting I don't see how any news about the virus' origin changes the negligence, ignorance or incompetence of the trump administration, but I guess conservatives will latch onto whatever it takes to help them feel better about their golden god.
    Exactly. 
    I genuinely don't get it. Is it a subconscious thing where it's easier to blame foreigners who don't look "American"? 

Half a million Americans are dead due to the incompetence of trump's administration & conservatives are whining about China. 

What a fucking joke. 
    Xenophobia has been used very effectively in the history of the US to shift blame and attention away from politicians.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Yeah who gives a shit when/how the virus got started at this point! Many lives could of been saved with a competent president but unfortunately we had an imbecile running the circus hence 100’s of thousand perished..
    Well ya should care. How the hell do you prevent future pandemics without knowing how this one started? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    It's not that difficult to get. It's number 3 on the ol' checklist:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Yeah who gives a shit when/how the virus got started at this point! Many lives could of been saved with a competent president but unfortunately we had an imbecile running the circus hence 100’s of thousand perished..
    Well ya should care. How the hell do you prevent future pandemics without knowing how this one started? 
    i care, 100%. if this was done as a result of a lab fuck up, then absolutely this type of research needs to be stopped immediately, globally. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    i care, 100%. if this was done as a result of a lab fuck up, then absolutely this type of research needs to be stopped immediately, globally. 
    Yes and no. My understanding is gain of function research is critical to be able to create vaccines for when naturally occurring pandemics happen. That's the rub. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes and no. My understanding is gain of function research is critical to be able to create vaccines for when naturally occurring pandemics happen. That's the rub. 
    I know, but causing an 18 month (and counting) global pandemic is not the reward we want for that risk. At the very least, halt it all until it can be figured out how to do the research safely. 

the researchers "hotelled" without access to the outside world, for example. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    It's not that difficult to get. It's number 3 on the ol' checklist:

Openly embracing fascism & burning down America to own the libs. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I know, but causing an 18 month (and counting) global pandemic is not the reward we want for that risk. At the very least, halt it all until it can be figured out how to do the research safely. 

the researchers "hotelled" without access to the outside world, for example. 
    Yeah agreed. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    We had a total playbook left behind by Obama administration! On how to handle a pandemic guess what Trumps administration did with it dismissed it, most virus start with humans involvement..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I remember back when I lived in Boston proper and BU was building one of these super duper virus labs right in the heart of methadone mile. I think I started looking to move out of town as soon as I read about it. 

So if this Covid-19 was a lab leak, though, it basically proves to me that you can't move far enough away from one of these places. Eventually, if a virus escapes, it will find its way around the world. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    We had a total playbook left behind by Obama administration! On how to handle a pandemic guess what Trumps administration did with it dismissed it, most virus start with humans involvement..
    I get it, dude. Trump is an idiot. I'm not talking about Trump's handling of things. He was terrible as expected. I'm talking about the origin of the pandemic and how Fauci and others were quick to dismiss the lab theory. You say most viruses start with human involvement, but for quite a while there, Fauci was suggesting you're a conspiracy theorist to suggest the lab was the origin. And Facebook was censoring posts linking the virus to the Wuhan lab.

I already know Donald Trump is a shady asshole. It's Fauci who I'm interested in learning more about. Why be so dismissive of the lab theory? Covering his own ass knowing the NIH gave funding to the Wuhan lab? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    I get it, dude. Trump is an idiot. I'm not talking about Trump's handling of things. He was terrible as expected. I'm talking about the origin of the pandemic and how Fauci and others were quick to dismiss the lab theory. You say most viruses start with human involvement, but for quite a while there, Fauci was suggesting you're a conspiracy theorist to suggest the lab was the origin. And Facebook was censoring posts linking the virus to the Wuhan lab.

I already know Donald Trump is a shady asshole. It's Fauci who I'm interested in learning more about. Why be so dismissive of the lab theory? Covering his own ass knowing the NIH gave funding to the Wuhan lab? 
    Best post of the day..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

fauci has not denied NIH gave funding to the wuhan lab, he denies funding was given specifically on the basis of gain of function research. 

i think the pushback on the wuhan lab theory was because they knew full well what would happen (and did happen, to some extent) if it gained traction: racist attacks on chinese people. and because trump was suggesting china did it as a bioweapon. had fauci and others come out and said, at that point, "we don't know anything yet" instead of outright calling it false, people would have gone berserk, calling for WW3 on China. we could easily have had another cold war on our hands, during a pandemic, with trump at the helm. 

that's a trifecta for a massive fuck up. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

fauci has not denied NIH gave funding to the wuhan lab, he denies funding was given specifically on the basis of gain of function research. 

i think the pushback on the wuhan lab theory was because they knew full well what would happen (and did happen, to some extent) if it gained traction: racist attacks on chinese people. and because trump was suggesting china did it as a bioweapon. had fauci and others come out and said, at that point, "we don't know anything yet" instead of outright calling it false, people would have gone berserk, calling for WW3 on China. we could easily have had another cold war on our hands, during a pandemic, with trump at the helm. 

He hasn't denied funding, but in the earliest days of the pandemic (say last March), he wasn't exactly forthcoming with that information. That's why I think at the time, he was trying to minimize the lab theory; trying to get eyes off the lab and the NIH's funding. 

I disagree with the second paragraph. I just don't get how it's racist to suggest Chinese scientists fucked up and that might the cause, but it's not racist to suggest that China's filthy, inhumane wet markets might be the cause. Why would one cause racist attacks on Chinese Americans and not the other? I also don't think saying "We don't know anything yet" would have led to people going berserk on China. But even if that was the fear, it's still better to be honest and say "we're not sure yet" than it is to dismiss one of the possible causes (the lab). That makes it looks as if scientists like Fauci were covering for China. So now you get the same anger towards China that you would've gotten a year ago, but coupled with anger towards people like Fauci who we're supposed to trust. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

He hasn't denied funding, but in the earliest days of the pandemic (say last March), he wasn't exactly forthcoming with that information. That's why I think at the time, he was trying to minimize the lab theory; trying to get eyes off the lab and the NIH's funding. 

I disagree with the second paragraph. I just don't get how it's racist to suggest Chinese scientists fucked up and that might the cause, but it's not racist to suggest that China's filthy, inhumane wet markets might be the cause. Why would one cause racist attacks on Chinese Americans and not the other? I also don't think saying "We don't know anything yet" would have led to people going berserk on China. But even if that was the fear, it's still better to be honest and say "we're not sure yet" than it is to dismiss one of the possible causes (the lab). That makes it looks as if scientists like Fauci were covering for China. So now you get the same anger towards China that you would've gotten a year ago, but coupled with anger towards people like Fauci who we're supposed to trust. 
    of course it isn't racist to suggest it came from a chinese lab; but unfortunately public officials have to cater to the lowest common denominator to keep the peace; the people who take out aggression on people for their government's/homeland's actions, or just use that as an excuse to act on their racist ideology. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411

Agree that Fauci is and was a POS. Gutless puke. I’m not even sure the whole bunch of them who allowed that baby to lie month after month shouldn’t be held responsible for their non-actions.  If Trump would have handled the whole thing honestly he’d be sitting in the WH right now.  He was just too stupid to see it, his last opportunity to do something positive and he was just soooo stupid about it. 
  • Options

The adults on the national stage tried to downplay the importance of the virus' origins and hate crimes against AAPIs spiked regardless.
  • Options

Agree that Fauci is and was a POS. Gutless puke. I’m not even sure the whole bunch of them who allowed that baby to lie month after month shouldn’t be held responsible for their non-actions.  If Trump would have handled the whole thing honestly he’d be sitting in the WH right now.  He was just too stupid to see it, his last opportunity to do something positive and he was just soooo stupid about it. 
    If Fauci had walked, who would trump have replaced him with? Kushner? Gorka? Donald JR? 

Frankly I think their sticking to the job despite trump undermining them at every turn shows great dedication to and service of the country. 
  • Options

If Fauci had walked, who would trump have replaced him with? Kushner? Gorka? Donald JR? 

Frankly I think their sticking to the job despite trump undermining them at every turn shows great dedication to and service of the country. 
    I agree completely.  Fauci resigning would have been a total gift to Trump.  The fact that he was propped up by the media as a voice of truth on masks,  distancing and vaccines likely saved thousands of lives. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I agree completely.  Fauci resigning would have been a total gift to Trump.  The fact that he was propped up by the media as a voice of truth on masks,  distancing and vaccines likely saved thousands of lives. 
    i don't personally get the Fauci hate. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

i don't personally get the Fauci hate. 
    Nor do I. 

With that being said, there's more & more I don't get about this country with every passing day. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Hate" seems strong.

I think folks are merely pointing out that he might not be on the "up and up," which seems like a minor footnote in Ye Olde Book of Duh considering his employment history.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    I understand the point of thinking they were dedicated but they all used the same excuse each time they ended their employment and were asked why they didn’t say something.  It was like the first one used that excuse and everyone bought it so it’s all good. Collectively I imagine, with some congressional backing, they all could have stopped him.  Just wish once someone would have had the nerve to say “no I need my job for the money”. I’m just not buying that all those who stuck around were doing it solely to protect us. I guess my opinion of everyone associated with politics is shaded. 
    But I respect your responses because you may be right. 
    I would certainly welcome that explanation if they were truly being honest and honorable. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I understand the point of thinking they were dedicated but they all used the same excuse each time they ended their employment and were asked why they didn’t say something.  It was like the first one used that excuse and everyone bought it so it’s all good. Collectively I imagine, with some congressional backing, they all could have stopped him.  Just wish once someone would have had the nerve to say “no I need my job for the money”. I’m just not buying that all those who stuck around were doing it solely to protect us. I guess my opinion of everyone associated with politics is shaded. 
    I would certainly welcome that explanation if they were truly being honest and honorable. 
    This is true for a lot of them. But for Fauci, specifically, him staying on the job quite possibly saved tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of lives. Like Russell said earlier, can you imagine the dipshit Trump would've replaced him with? Wuhan lab or a fucking bat....thank god for Tony Fauci. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This is true for a lot of them. But for Fauci, specifically, him staying on the job quite possibly saved tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of lives. Like Russell said earlier, can you imagine the dipshit Trump would've replaced him with? Wuhan lab or a fucking bat....thank god for Tony Fauci. 

If I was Fauci I would have been gone the first second that orange shit undermined me, but to his credit he didn't take the easy way out. He stuck it out and still tried to do his job. 

IDK why that alone doesn't get him more respect. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Fauci is very well paid for the job he does but I doubt he would find it difficult to get other work if he had decided to leave. I don’t believe that he stayed in that job and took the abuse that he did and does just for the money. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126

Honestly it's a terrible reason to just not tell the truth.  Like the CDC with mask usage.  They messed up because instead of telling the truth they tried to manage the message and in order to do it actually lied.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Completely agree. Trump had his chance to be a normal president in the midst of a real crisis, and he blew it. If he handled things correctly, he could've cancelled out a lot of the stupid bullshit from the first three years of his presidency.

In fact, if he didn't vilify Fauci and just stayed neutral, maybe everyone would see Fauci for what he is. But nope, Trump made him his enemy, so by proxy, he became an ally of the left.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Completely agree. Trump had his chance to be a normal president in the midst of a real crisis, and he blew it. If he handled things correctly, he could've cancelled out a lot of the stupid bullshit from the first three years of his presidency.

In fact, if he didn't vilify Fauci and just stayed neutral, maybe everyone would see Fauci for what he is. But nope, Trump made him his enemy, so by proxy, he became an ally of the left.
    so what "is" Fauci?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.