Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,626
    mrussel1 said:
    he called it kung flu last week.
    I admit that I called it that way back in March of last year, way before Trump did.  I thought it was funny.... 
    I didn't personally call it that, but I'll admit I chuckled when I first heard it. however, laughing at something or saying something in private is quite a bit different than the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES calling it that. 
    i chuckled when i first heard it too. i was like "how bad can this thing be?"

then i witnessed it first hand at work and then had a couple of friends lose parents to it, wasn't funny to me anymore after that.
    Yes, and now we’ve all been Kung Flu fighting for a year. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    he called it kung flu last week.
    I admit that I called it that way back in March of last year, way before Trump did.  I thought it was funny.... 
    I didn't personally call it that, but I'll admit I chuckled when I first heard it. however, laughing at something or saying something in private is quite a bit different than the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES calling it that. 
    i chuckled when i first heard it too. i was like "how bad can this thing be?"

then i witnessed it first hand at work and then had a couple of friends lose parents to it, wasn't funny to me anymore after that.
    Yes, and now we’ve all been Kung Flu fighting for a year. 
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited March 2021
    For me it’s a combination not only of “China Virus” or “Kung Flu” (I laughed, NGL) but also “blame China” that’s the problem. 

it’s more xenophobic rhetoric vilifying non-white foreigners, a founding principle of Trump’s platform & movement. 

Edit: not just Trump’s movement, I know these sentiments have been exploited in this country since the late 1800s at least... but no American politician in my lifetime has exploited these sentiments to the extent trump has. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688
    nice little fuck you.....

Army denies medals, Special Forces insignia to soldier Trump pardoned for alleged murder

WASHINGTON – The Army has rejected an appeal to return medals for valor to retired Maj. Mathew Golsteyn, a Special Forces soldier former President Donald Trump pardoned for alleged murder in Afghanistan. It was one of three high-profile cases in which Trump interceded on behalf of troops accused of war crimes.

The decision regarding Golsteyn, reached last June, was not announced by the Army in Trump's final months as president but is revealed in documents released to USA TODAY. The Army also denied Golsteyn's request to restore his Special Forces tab, marking his service as a member of an elite unit, and the letter of reprimand placed in his personnel file.

A Green Beret, Golsteyn was charged with killing a suspected bomb maker who had been ordered released after questioning in Afghanistan in 2010. Golsteyn admitted during an interview to join the CIA that he had killed the man. That launched an Army investigation that culminated in the murder charge, but Trump's pardon canceled his court martial.

Golsteyn had appealed to the board in December 2019 to restore his Distinguished Service Cross, second only to the Medal of Honor for valor in combat. Initially, Golsteyn had been awarded a Silver Star for heroism, but it had been upgraded after a review. 

Trump took up Golsteyn's cause and that of two other service members accused of war crimes after their stories were championed in conservative news media. Trumppardoned Golsteyn and Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, and reversed the demotion for Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher. Trump's extraordinary intervention in military justice cases created turmoil in Pentagon leadership, leading to the firing of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer for interceding in Gallagher's case.

The Army review board's decision on Golsteyn, obtained by a researcher and shared with USA TODAY, shows that the panel denied all of his claims. The board cited a letter in his case from the Justice Department that Trump's pardon did not wipe clean Golsteyn's record.

The "Presidential pardon is a sign of forgiveness and 'does not indicate innocence,'” the board wrote.

Lt. Col. Gabriel Ramirez, an Army spokesman, acknowledged the denial by the board, its highest level of review for personnel actions. But Ramirez said privacy laws prevent further comment.

Army released report after Trump left office

Golsteyn, in a statement provided by his lawyer, blasted the Army for failing to follow Trump's pledge to expunge his record and clear him of wrongdoing. Trump stated that repeatedly in a November 2019 phone call in which then-Vice President Pence and others took part, Golsteyn said.

"Clearly, we have seen military departments obey the direction of the Commander in Chief in other cases and, inexplicably, the Army defied the President," Golsteyn said. "It shouldn't be a surprise the findings of the Army Board were released in November 2020 and not mailed to me for 2 more months, after President Trump left office, so my case could languish in the quagmire of Presidential transition."

Golsteyn's lawyer, Phillip Stackhouse, called the board's decision "silly." Trump's pledge to leave Golsteyn with an unblemished record entitles him to receive his medals and Special Forces tab, Stackhouse said.

President Joe Biden should honor Trump's commitment, Stackhouse said. Golsteyn has not yet decided whether he wants to appeal the decision to federal court, Stackhouse said. 

The Army "may have dodged a bullet" by releasing the report after Trump left office, said Dwight Mears, the researcher and author who obtained the record. 

"Certainly, the Army had an incentive to avoid antagonizing the president here," said Mears, a West Point graduate and former history professor at the military academy. "It’s certainly possible Trump could have attempted to overrule the (board), which would be the worst-case scenario for the Army. He could theoretically have ordered them to rule differently, as they are all government employees."

Golsteyn's name is redacted in the board's decision. But the facts and issues cited make clear that he is the subject of their deliberation and his lawyer acknowledged the document's authenticity.

Afghanistan 2010

The report cites a letter from the CIA to the Pentagon in 2011, acknowledging that Golsteyn admitted killing the unarmed Afghan man.

Golsteyn was a captain in the 3rd Special Forces Group - Airborne in February 2010 when he reported shooting an unarmed Afghan man, the board's report states. The man had been questioned after the explosion of an improvised explosive device. Golsteyn shot the man, he said, over concern for lives of a local tribal leader's family and U.S. troops.

Biden's dilemma: U.S. troops have been in Afghanistan 20 years. Will they be out by May 1?

"Subject advised he elected to terminate the life of the unarmed combatant because he knew that obtaining evidence in order to convict this individual of the detonation would be 'hard to get,'" according to the report. Golsteyn admitted that he and another member of the unit disposed of the man's body.

The commander of Special Forces Command - Airborne reprimanded Golsteyn, citing his admission of violating the laws of war.

"Your behavior in this matter manifests a complete lack of judgment and responsibility ...You have discredited yourself, (Army Special Operations) and the U.S. Army."

In a tweet in 2019, Trump called Golsteyn a "U.S. military hero."

Trump also granted a pardon to Lorance, who had been serving a 19-year sentence for ordering soldiers to fire on unarmed Afghan civilians. Two of them were killed. Gallagher was convicted of posing with the corpse of an ISIS fighter but acquitted of charges of murder and attempted murder.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Yep it’s the orange buffoon who has stoked the Asian hate by white Americans! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    Cool. Ok. Who’s stoking the Asian hate from black Americans?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    Tiger Woods.  After the racial draft several years ago,  he was released by Team Asia. He hasn't let it go. 

Edit - doh!  I forgot the Asians drafted the Wu.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah the statistics show that most violence against an ethic group is perpetrated by that same ethic group (black on black, white on white, etc.) with the exception of one group: Asians. 

"In 2018, there were 182,230 reports of Asian victims. Of these, the offender was white 24% of the time and Black 28% of the time. For comparison, the US population is 62% White, 12% Black, 17% Hispanic, and 6% Asian. So while the US population has more white people than black people, Asians are victimized in violent crime by Black people more often than by Black people even without adjusting for the population difference."

Black on Asian Crime Statistics (financegeek.org)

Source is from Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), which is run by the US DOJ. The report used was “Criminal Victimization, 2018”
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    nicknyr15 said:
    Trump off course! It’s certainly not Sharpston or Harris or any black officials..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah the statistics show that most violence against an ethic group is perpetrated by that same ethic group (black on black, white on white, etc.) with the exception of one group: Asians. 

"In 2018, there were 182,230 reports of Asian victims. Of these, the offender was white 24% of the time and Black 28% of the time. For comparison, the US population is 62% White, 12% Black, 17% Hispanic, and 6% Asian. So while the US population has more white people than black people, Asians are victimized in violent crime by Black people more often than by Black people even without adjusting for the population difference."

Source is from Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), which is run by the US DOJ. The report used was “Criminal Victimization, 2018”
    I copied this comment and posted it on a Stephen Colbert YouTube video where he blames Trump for violence against Asians and the comment was immediately deleted. Then I posted it again noting that it was just deleted and let's see if it will deleted again, and it was. 

And it was deleted a third time. Facts can hurt narratives. Can't have that. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I copied this comment and posted it on a Stephen Colbert YouTube video where he blames Trump for violence against Asians and the comment was immediately deleted. Then I posted it again noting that it was just deleted and let's see if it will deleted again, and it was. 

I don't get your point.  Imo Trump has allowed/ encouraged hate to become more open,  out from under the rock.  That doesn't have a specific color barrier.  Blacks can be racist too. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    nicknyr15 said:
    Trump off course! It’s certainly not Sharpston or Harris or any black officials..
    This permeates more than just supporters. The president, particularly one that that spent so much time self-promotion and getting his every thought into the mainstream, set a tone that reaches supporters, those who are more or less indifferent (as even with Trump is is probably the case for half the population), and maybe even those staunchly opposed. Scapegoating takes on a life of its own. It's not only Trump; I suspect it came from some of our favorite AM radio and cable news talking heads, as well (not that I follow them).

But blaming China for the virus and the bad things that happen has permeated our culture. Is it just Trump? Probably not, but he fanned the flames in a way that no president in my memory would have.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I don't get your point.  Imo Trump has allowed/ encouraged hate to become more open,  out from under the rock.  That doesn't have a specific color barrier.  Blacks can be racist too. 
    But so much of the talk after the shootings on left-leaning news outlets and twitter was about white supremacy. As if Asians are being targeted specifically by white people because of this maniac killing 8 people. That causes people like JoseEvolution above to say Trump "stoked the Asian hate by white Americans" when really, if you want to blame Trump's rhetoric, he should be saying, "Trump stoked the Asian hate by Americans." 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    edited March 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Tiger Woods.  After the racial draft several years ago,  he was released by Team Asia. He hasn't let it go. 

mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

This is........ absolutely  incredible. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

This is........ absolute incredible. 
    It's an all time classic comedy sketch.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

But so much of the talk after the shootings on left-leaning news outlets and twitter was about white supremacy. As if Asians are being targeted specifically by white people because of this maniac killing 8 people. That causes people like JoseEvolution above to say Trump "stoked the Asian hate by white Americans" when really, if you want to blame Trump's rhetoric, he should be saying, "Trump stoked the Asian hate by Americans." 
    Well the reality is that a white male shot 8 Asians the other day.  Certainly people of other 'races' may dislike Asians or are bigots, but there was not a corresponding Black on Asian atrocity that I can think of.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I yearn for the time when Earth is attacked by entities from outer space and stupid, ignorant bigots on our planet finally realize that people here are all human beings. Well, I don't actually yearn for us to be attacked but you know what I mean. Happy Friday all; stay safe.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Well the reality is that a white male shot 8 Asians the other day.  Certainly people of other 'races' may dislike Asians or are bigots, but there was not a corresponding Black on Asian atrocity that I can think of.  
    Also, not all crimes committed towards Asians are specifically because they are Asian. What we saw this week was most definitely because of their race. That is the kind of stuff that has been on the rise since Trump came to power. So I think those stats that were posted earlier are misleading. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

But so much of the talk on left-leaning news outlets and twitter was about white supremacy. As if Asians should are being targeted specifically by white people because of this maniac killing 8 people. That causes people like JoseEvolution above to say Trump "stoked the Asian hate by white Americans" when really, if you want to blame Trump's rhetoric, he should be saying, "Trump stoked the Asian hate by Americans." 
    I get what you're saying, but it also feels like splitting hairs a little, at least when you consider that hate crimes against Asians spiked in the last year, the same year Trump & the GOP's strategy & narrative was to "Blame China" because goodness knows they needed not only a scapegoat, but also a distraction from their own mishandling of the virus. 

Frankly, I don't believe that race / ethnicity didn't play a role in this shooting; even IF it didn't, when a white cop is making excuses for a white shooter, it's ok to work white supremacy into the conversation. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I know. But I feel as if they're using this specific atrocity to create a narrative. In the weeks/months leading up to the shooting, I've read that hate crimes against Asians were on the rise. I don't know the specific stats of who was perpetrating them so I won't speculate. But now, with something as bad as a mass shooting, they're going say, as you did, "the reality is that a white male shot 8 Asians the other day," which while true, probably doesn't tell the whole story about Asian hate crimes over the past year. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688

NY prosecutors interview Cohen an 8th time in Trump inquiry
    By JIM MUSTIAN
    1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, was interviewed on Friday for an eighth time by New York prosecutors investigating the former president's finances.

Cohen met with investigators at the Manhattan District Attorney's Office amid a swirl of new activity in the the criminal inquiry, including fresh subpoenas and face-to-face meetings with key witnesses.

The investigation includes an examination of whether Trump or his businesses lied about the value of assets to gain favorable loan terms and tax benefits. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. also is scrutinizing hush-money payments paid to women on Trump’s behalf.

His office is now in possession of eight years of Trump’s tax records after a lengthy legal battle.

In a recent interview, investigators asked Cohen about Trump’s Seven Springs estate as part of an inquiry into whether the value of the 213-acre Westchester County property was improperly inflated to reduce his taxes. Prosecutors asked about individuals involved in the appraisal of the estate and benefits derived from its valuation, including a $21 million income tax deduction.

Cohen was released to home confinement last year amid coronavirus fears, and his recent meetings have been conducted via video conference.

Vance announced last week that he would leave office at the end of the year and not seek reelection. He recently hired former mafia prosecutor Mark Pomerantz — who, as a federal prosecutor, oversaw the prosecution of Gambino crime boss John “Junior” Gotti — as a special assistant district attorney to assist in the wide-ranging probe of Trump’s finances.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I know. But I feel as if they're using this specific atrocity to create a narrative. In the weeks/months leading up to the shooting, I've read that hate crimes against Asians were on the rise. I don't know the specific stats of who was perpetrating them so I won't speculate. But now, with something as bad as a mass shooting, they're going say, as you did, "the reality is that a white male shot 8 Asians the other day," which while true, probably doesn't tell the whole story about Asian hate crimes over the past year. 
    While evidence is circumstantial, it's certainly directional.  In the past year, Trump insists on calling it the "china virus", "Kung Flu" and other pejoratives.  Why did he do that?  Why couldn't he call it the official name (COVID-19)? And then shockingly, crimes against Asians rise over the year.  And now a mass shooting.  I don't know if this idiot was specifically influenced by Trump's rhetoric, but it's pretty easy to draw a line through these events. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Kat said:
    I yearn for the time when Earth is attacked by entities from outer space and stupid, ignorant bigots on our planet finally realize that people here are all human beings. Well, I don't actually yearn for us to be attacked but you know what I mean. Happy Friday all; stay safe.
    Where's Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias when you need him?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I fear uniting the human race is merely a fantasy...but one for which I could definitely get on board. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576
    The bookends of blaming China for the virus and calling it the "China virus," coupled with POOTWH and his administration blaming China for 2020 election interference, when their own intelligence agency confirmed the biggest threat was Putin on the ritz, and you get 8 people shot and killed. Jose isn't too far off the mark.

Racist anti-Asian hashtags spiked after Trump first tweeted ‘Chinese virus,’ study finds

As the coronavirus spread across the globe last February, the World Health Organization urged people to avoid terms like the “Wuhan virus” or the “Chinese virus,” fearing it could spike a backlash against Asians.

President Donald Trump didn’t take the advice. On March 16, 2020, he first tweeted the phrase “Chinese virus.”

That single tweet, researchers later found, fueled exactly the kind of backlash the WHO had feared: It was followed by an avalanche of tweets using the hashtag #chinesevirus, among other anti-Asian phrases.

“The week before Trump’s tweet the dominant term [on Twitter] was #covid-19,” Yulin Hswen, an epidemiology professor at the University of California at San Francisco and a co-author of the study, told The Washington Post. “The week after his tweet, it was #chinesevirus.”

Hswen is among a group of researchers who analyzed hundreds of thousands of #covid-19 and #chinesevirus hashtags drafted the week before and after Trump first referred to the coronavirus as the “Chinese virus” on the social media platform.

Not only did more people use the #chinesevirus hashtag days after Trump’s tweet, but those who did were more likely to include other anti-Asian hashtags in their tweets, according to the peer-reviewed study published by the American Journal of Public Health on Thursday.

The group’s findings come amid a wave of racist attacks and threats against Asian Americans, which some advocates have blamed on Trump’s anti-China rhetoric over the pandemic. Trump repeatedly referred to the disease as the “Chinese virus” and the “Kung flu” during White House briefings, campaign rallies and other public appearances. Earlier this week, he once again called the disease the “China virus” in an interview with Fox News’s Maria Bartiromo.

The study also arrives days after eight people, including six Asian women, were shot dead in Atlanta-area spas. While the suspected gunman allegedly blamed a “sex addiction” for the rampage, authorities have not ruled out whether the killings were racially motivated.

Despite public health experts’ request that people refrain from attaching locations or ethnicity to the disease, Trump argued that the term “Chinese virus” was not discriminatory or racist because the virus “comes from China.”

Researchers, though, suspected they could demonstrate how his rhetoric inspired racist backlash against Asians.

“We wanted to provide evidence to show that the term ‘Chinese virus’ is associated with racist undertones,” Hswen said.

To test their theory, Hswen and other researchers analyzed nearly 700,000 tweets containing the hashtags #covid-19 and #chinesevirus published between March 9 and 23, 2020, corresponding to the week before and the week after Trump’s tweet. (All of the tweets analyzed were in English, and although most were published by U.S. users, the team did not set any geographic limitations when collecting the tweets.)

The group’s analysis found that the week after Trump first tweeted the phrase “Chinese virus,” the number of users tweeting the hashtag increased more than 10 times compared with before his post. Most who tweeted the phrase used it with a negative connotation and were more likely to display anti-Asian hate, the study found. Half the users who tweeted the #chinesevirus hashtag used other anti-Asian hashtags, while only 20 percent who used the #covid-19 hashtag did, according to the study.

“It perpetuated this idea that the disease was the fault of the Chinese,” Hswen told The Post. “It normalized these racist attitudes. That might have perpetuated these beliefs and behaviors offline.”

The findings did not surprise Russell Jeung, a professor of Asian American studies at San Francisco State University and co-founder of Stop AAPI Hate, which tracks incidents of hate and discrimination against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States. Jeung argued that Trump’s repeated use of the phrase “Chinese virus” has a direct correlation with the rise in hate crimes.

“It demonstrates how words matter,” Jeung told The Post. “The term ‘Chinese virus’ racializes the disease so that it’s not simply biological but Chinese in nature, and stigmatizes the people so that Chinese are the disease carriers and the ones infecting others.”

Dean Winslow, a professor of medicine at Stanford University, said the study’s findings are consistent with what the public has continued seeing in the news: a rise of violence and harassment against Asian Americans. He wonders whether Americans would have used a geographical location to refer to the virus had it originated somewhere in the United States.

“It just happened that this particular virus may have arisen in China,” Winslow told The Post. “If this virus had arisen from a cave in New Mexico, I don’t think that people would be tweeting or calling it the ‘New Mexico virus.’ It’s not appropriate. This is science, and viruses don’t discriminate.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/19/trump-tweets-chinese-virus-racist/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https://s2.washingtonpost.com/car-ln-tr/30f51c6/6054ccb39d2fda4c8812bf47/5976284bade4e21a849ea7bf/57/70/6054ccb39d2fda4c8812bf47

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    No one could objectively observe his stance on China and not see the damage it has caused with the Asian community. While the rise of anti-Asian sentiments was most definitely fueled on by his rhetoric, it just ties into his larger poisonous speech directed at everyone except his own family. "Foreigners", Democrats, media, "RINOs" and woman all were targets of over 4 years of constant ugliness and vitriol. He fostered an environment where people felt free to say disgusting and hateful things because they saw him doing it without repercussions. He emboldened the worst traits of people and then stood back enjoyed the chaos it produced. The man was and is a stain on this country.     
  • Options
    No one could objectively observe his stance on China and not see the damage it has caused with the Asian community. While the rise of anti-Asian sentiments was most definitely fueled on by his rhetoric, it just ties into his larger poisonous speech directed at everyone except his own family. "Foreigners", Democrats, media, "RINOs" and woman all were targets of over 4 years of constant ugliness and vitriol. He fostered an environment where people felt free to say disgusting and hateful things because they saw him doing it without repercussions. He emboldened the worst traits of people and then stood back enjoyed the chaos it produced. The man was and is a stain on this country.     
    Well f'n said. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576
    And a reflection of 74,222,958 Americans.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.