Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    8 am to 850am, all about fuckstick.

which is a bit more than 10 minutes. but fuckstick only actually spoke for 10 minutes, the rest was the fake drsma from the walk to marine one, the long tour of dc , the taxiing of M1 for one complete circle around AF1.
    not once did they show the full crowd.

blitzer described it as pathetically small.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    enough already. mace made an innocent remark and he's been attacked for fucking four pages. is it out of your systems yet?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mace fucked four pages?! I’d have been impressed with two. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,840
    enough already. mace made an innocent remark and he's been attacked for fucking four pages. is it out of your systems yet?
    Seriously. Ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    He made self admitted uninformed comments and was criticized for it.

Does it need to go on for 4 pages? No, but there's something to be said for taking the L when you again, self admittedly, don't know what you're talking about. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    mickeyrat said:
    8 am to 850am, all about fuckstick.

which is a bit more than 10 minutes. but fuckstick only actually spoke for 10 minutes, the rest was the fake drsma from the walk to marine one, the long tour of dc , the taxiing of M1 for one complete circle around AF1.
    not once did they show the full crowd.

blitzer described it as pathetically small.
    And the fucker was a half hour late causing the Bidens to delay leaving for their church service as they actually showed some grace and let the outgoing boob enjoy his non democratic send off rally. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Jason Williams: In the end, Donald Trump showed he didn't give a damn about working class Ohioans

Jason Williams
    Cincinnati Enquirer
    President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump board Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base Md Wednesday Jan 20 2021AP PhotoManuel Balce Ceneta

Dear working class Ohioans: 

I hate open letters, but I don't know how else to say all this.

As a journalist in the so-called "mainstream media" who's tried really hard to separate the pro-you policies of Donald Trump from the churlish and inexcusable behavior of Donald Trump, please hear me out. 

As someone who grew up in the heart of Ohio's Trump country and has kept my ties to and pride in Southeast Ohio for 45 years, I think I have some credibility to say this. 

Forget Donald Trump.

I'm not saying you have to like Joe Biden. I'm saying for your health and your family's future, move on from Trump. Give up the idea that he’ll be back in four years. The man is not worth fighting for.

In the end, Trump showed he didn't give a damn about you.

You have to at least question whether MAGA and "America first" were make believe. Maybe Trump initially meant to help when his journey to the White House began in 2015. We may never know, though it's fair to be highly skeptical given that he's long been a New York City billionaire brat. 

What we do know is Trump developed a messianic complex that ultimately brought him down. No one who truly puts Americans first would've stoked the flames of unproven, widespread election fraud to a point of inciting a violent attack on the U.S. government.

Well, almost no one.

Please spare me the "but look what the Democrats did to Trump blah, blah, blah." Both sides-ism is often appropriate. Not on this one, though. You have to come to grips with the now-former Leader of the Free World's role in an attack on the Free World. Or maybe you don't, but that doesn't change the truth. 

I realize you're not an extremist. You can't stand those people who attacked the Capitol, a small but loud and destructive group of sickos. They've made you, the regular Trump supporter, look bad and fueled stereotypes about you from people who claim to hate stereotypes.

But please face reality: Trump is solely responsible for the demise of the Trump presidency.

His me-first agenda overshadowed all the good things he did on the economy, deregulation, tax cuts and fighting terrorism. Trump's nastiness and narcissism only fueled Democrats' desire to criticize and undo all the good things he did. Most Democrats agree with Trump on trade and what he did to cut red tape to speed up getting a coronavirus vaccine. 

Heck, Trump had a chance to preserve some positive parts of his legacy even after the election. He could've shared ideas with the incoming Biden administration on how to help the economy rebound. But Trump pissed it all away by continuing to espouse the election conspiracy nonsense after the Electoral College voted in mid-December.

A sore loser doesn’t deserve your love and adulation. 

You were the key to Trump's back-to-back 8-point victories in our state. You still love him. He gave you hope for jobs and security. I'll leave it to you to Google "jobs Trump brought to Ohio" to determine whether he delivered on his promises.

Meanwhile, Youngstown is still waiting for all those steel mills Trump promised in a rally there in July 2017 (I was there). 

I understand Democrats have abandoned you, and they're not coming back around. They only care about what goes on in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus. Of course, I realize some of you live in those cities. But most of you live in small towns and in the country. 

Most of you are not racist rubes like some – not all – Democrats falsely claim. Most of you are like my dad.

You go to work in a power plant every day for 37 years. You spend enough time on the boiler deck breathing in coal dust, you start to believe black is the natural color of snot. (I worked in my dad's Ohio River power plant for two summers while in college and can vouch for this.)

You leave work and head to your son's basketball game; help him with his math homework later because you want him to go college; eat dinner with your family; and then do it all over again starting at 6 a.m. tomorrow.

Maybe you get to go fishing and drink a few beers on the weekends. But more likely, you get to go to more of your son's basketball games. You teach your kids the value of hard work, discipline and to respect others. 

I'm not saying Biden cares about you. He says he does, but “Scranton Joe” is reportedly already making plans to kill working-class jobs by stopping the Keystone Pipeline. That doesn't directly impact Ohioans, but fracking does. Whatever way the wind is blowing right now is where Biden stands on the issue.

I was unimpressed with Biden's appeal to you on the campaign. 

Here’s what Biden said to you in Wednesday's inaugural address: 

Look, I understand that many of my fellow Americans view the future with fear and trepidation. I understand they worry about their jobs. I understand – like my dad – they lay in bed at night staring at the ceiling wondering: Can I keep my healthcare? Can I pay my mortgage? Thinking about their families, about what comes next. I promise you, I get it.

But the answer is not to turn inward, to retreat into competing factions, distrusting those who don’t look like you or worship the way you do or don’t get their news from the same sources you do. We must end this uncivil war that pits red against blue; rural vs. urban; conservative vs. liberal. We can do this if we open our souls instead of hardening our hearts."

Biden's comments seemed a bit condescending and preachy, but perhaps he was saying: Don't let your support of Trump turn into an obsession and take a turn for the worse. 

All you want is a good job, a nice house in a safe neighborhood and for your family to be healthy and happy. I have some modest advice that could help, at least regarding how you view politics and government. 

Don't get so worked up about the celebrity aspect of the presidency. Pay closer attention to local and state politics. Hold local and state Republican and Democrat elected officials more accountable, especially after all the corruption charges the past year in the statehouse and urban city councils. Can you imagine what some politicians are getting away with in your small towns and rural townships?

There's a governor's race in Ohio next year. State and local elected officials have a lot more power on decisions that matter most to your daily life – recruiting and retaining jobs, keeping your neighborhoods safe and making sure your streets and highways are open.

And stop kidding yourselves and accept that Donald Trump is an unrepentant jackass.

Here's to a brighter future,

Jason Williams

Gallia County born and raised

Jason Williams is the political columnist for The Cincinnati Enquirer. He can be contacted by email at jwilliams@enquirer.com and on Twitter @jwilliamscincy

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    JW269453 said:
    “Very weak and flaccid.” I love how they eat their own.

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2021/01/20/proud-boys-trump

Do they swing both ways? Serious question

I don't think so. Don't think any of the Proud Boys have ever been with a woman. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    hedonist said:
    mace fucked four pages?! I’d have been impressed with two. 
    :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    yo I slept like a BABY last night.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    edited January 2021
    ikiT said:
    yo I slept like a BABY last night.
    I could get used to this whole waking up & not having to worry about what that dumb f did last night thing.  
  • Options

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,867
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    One never knows... does one..
    “The president wrote a very generous letter,” he revealed of Trump’s note to him. “Because it was private, I won't talk about it until I talk to him. But it was generous.”
    Well, there's Biden's first Pinocchio! 
    This gave me a hearty guffaw. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, that he'd be physically dragged out. That isn't happening. I just don't know what is laughable. If he was making today about him he'd be staging a rally at the white house during the inauguration until he was forced to leave. Then he'd stage protests around the white house or capitol during the inauguration and celebrations that go with it. None of that his happening. He left this morning without issues. I don't see how that is making today about him? But to some comparing a good bye rally in the morning and leaving the office and traveling out of state hours before required to as not making a scene is laughable I guess. 
    He left the way he did because his insurrection attempt failed and he was forced to back down. I don't get why you're acting like Trump chose to go out gracefully, when he had the intention of dong anything but, and most certainly did not, and the attack on the Capitol is the main demonstration of that. By this morning the idiot literally had none of his desired options left, so he slunk out quietly, with every intention of continuing to poison America's democracy any way he can going forward. But hopefully he will be too busy losing all his money to do that.

I never said he is going out gracefully. My comment was in response to Trump trying to take the spotlight today. I don't see how he is trying to take the spotlight, he's getting on a plane and leaving before he was even out of office. But that has nothing to do with going out gracefully. I would agree that he did not.
    He had no choice but to leave. You make it seem like him leaving was Trump doing something on his own. He literally had no choice unless he planned on sleeping in the street.

So he became the first president in 160 some years to not go to the inauguration, creating an awkward spotlight on himself. He had to leave today. So before he left he held a rally in his honor. He had cannons go off in his honor. He had all the same music playing that are usuallty played at his political rallies. He got up there and repeated much of the same kinds of lies he always says. He never mentioned his successor's name. He never mentioned that he lost. He mentioned that he will be back "in some form." Then he had air force one take off in perfect unison to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" as if its the final scene of a ridiculous reality show.

All of the above, mind you, delayed the Bidens leaving for mass by over twenty minutes. Their day was help by Trump's ridiculous going away party.

I ask you, short of refusing to leave the White House, which was never realistic, what more could he have done to make this morning about himself, considering just two weeks ago he failed to overthrow the incoming administration with a violent invasion of the capitol. 
    Of course he had to leave. Seems like our disagreement is in our definition of stealing the spotlight. I don't see his good-bye rally and 21 gun salute as out of the normal. I never heard of it before, but never paid attention to what an outgoing president does either. When I got up at 7 AM (9 eastern) the coverage was already on Biden and the inauguration. Watched for about 40 minutes and never heard 1 thing about Trump. Watched for about an hour during my plan period at work, not 1 word about Trump. That does not fit my standards of stealing the spotlight. Perhaps you have different standards for that. 
    That says nothing about Trumps character or intentions or motivations. Just the facts for today and who the spotlight was on. 

not out of normal?

heres whats normal.

the fucking loser concedes.
    the fucking loser is gracious
    the fucking loser hosts the pres elect at the WH
    the fucking loser attends the inauguration
    the fucking loser then goes back to WH with the WINNER
    the fucking loser then leaves WH on Marine One AFTER asking for a plane to wherever

THE FUCKING LOSER THEN LEAVES ANDREWS ON A NONDESCRIPT GOVERNMENT PLANE NOT AIR FORCE ONE

Whats ABNORMAL IS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY.
    FUCKSTICK STILL HASNT SAID PRESIDENT ELECT OR PRESIDENT BIDEN BY NAME.

So just stop your bullshit. or trolling or whay ever the fuck you are doing.

apologist.

Geez man, untwist your panties. All I said was Trump didn’t steal the spotlight and you and a few others like to turn it into this huge thing. A comment was made about trump stealing the day, I said he hasn’t been on the news since 4 or 5 hours before inauguration. I guess that makes me a troll and apologist? Some people here are just a little too worked up on a day that should be a good day. 
    I said it before, I’ll say it a 5th or 6th time. Trump was embarrassing, even more the last few months. I’m glad he lost the lawsuits. It’s a good day for democracy. But I’m an apologist and a troll because I disagreed with 1 negative thing 1 person said about trump today that didn’t even make sense. Okay.
    You slept through what you said wasn’t stealing the spotlight. Then you admitted you did not know what normally happens on innauguration day yet you argued what you didn’t see appeared to be normal. 

Not to belabor the point but quit talking about shit you know nothing about. Or just defer to folks who know better. 
    I’m not sure who appointed you Juggs Almighty. But according to you getting up at 7:00 is sleeping through the day and the important events of the day. By the way, most of the country wasn’t up when he left the office, so quit acting like it’s a big deal or a character fault to wake up at 7:00. I actually think the inauguration was a bigger deal than the 10 minutes Trump got very early in the morning. You want to focus on those 10 minutes. Weird, but okay. Saying I don’t recall other presidents having an exit rally means I don’t know anything about Inauguration Day.
    The reality is most Americans have a good idea what to expect. I never said it was a normal day or graceful. Just he didn’t steal the spotlight. And if I have to get up at 5:00 to witness the 10 minutes of news coverage he got for the day, I’m sorry but that isn’t stealing the spotlight.
    Its weird, I’m not sure why the hate you and a few others have. It’s cult like. I can agree trump should go, I can agree he was embarrassing. I can agree with the outcome of the election results and that isn’t enough. You still hate anyone who disagrees with a single thing you said about trump. Time to move on man. He’s out of office. I’m sorry he didn’t steal the spotlight and give more news coverage that you were obviously looking for. But it’s over, time to move on. But you’re ignorance and hatred runs so deep for anyone different from you that it apparently makes me a sympathizer in your eyes.  
    Stop letting your true colors show by putting others down who disagree with 1 thing you said. I’ve asked 4 times how he stole the spotlight and your only response has been insults.  That’s because he didn’t steal the spotlight and you can’t stand anyone who disagrees with you in that.
    I hope you can learn to accept others different from you. We need to if we want to move on as a country. 

Most of the country wasn't up?
    What time do you think people wake up?
    By far, most of the population in the US lives in the Eastern and Central time zones - look at the map of those two time zones combined.  This is an old map so it could be wrong...but it is not going to be wrong by too much. 

It was in the 8-9 AM hour in Eastern and 7-8 AM hour in Central when all this went down.  Approx. 8:13 AM when Tubby wobbled out to Marine 1 and then a short while later when they arrived at Andrews.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Btw, I like the term Juggs Almighty.  
    Just paints a nice picture!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    I am now contemplating updating my name. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    Kate Upton?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,867
    tbergs said:
    Kate Upton?
    🤣 Good point! I do believe Juggs Almighty may already be taken. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, that he'd be physically dragged out. That isn't happening. I just don't know what is laughable. If he was making today about him he'd be staging a rally at the white house during the inauguration until he was forced to leave. Then he'd stage protests around the white house or capitol during the inauguration and celebrations that go with it. None of that his happening. He left this morning without issues. I don't see how that is making today about him? But to some comparing a good bye rally in the morning and leaving the office and traveling out of state hours before required to as not making a scene is laughable I guess. 
    He left the way he did because his insurrection attempt failed and he was forced to back down. I don't get why you're acting like Trump chose to go out gracefully, when he had the intention of dong anything but, and most certainly did not, and the attack on the Capitol is the main demonstration of that. By this morning the idiot literally had none of his desired options left, so he slunk out quietly, with every intention of continuing to poison America's democracy any way he can going forward. But hopefully he will be too busy losing all his money to do that.

I never said he is going out gracefully. My comment was in response to Trump trying to take the spotlight today. I don't see how he is trying to take the spotlight, he's getting on a plane and leaving before he was even out of office. But that has nothing to do with going out gracefully. I would agree that he did not.
    He had no choice but to leave. You make it seem like him leaving was Trump doing something on his own. He literally had no choice unless he planned on sleeping in the street.

So he became the first president in 160 some years to not go to the inauguration, creating an awkward spotlight on himself. He had to leave today. So before he left he held a rally in his honor. He had cannons go off in his honor. He had all the same music playing that are usuallty played at his political rallies. He got up there and repeated much of the same kinds of lies he always says. He never mentioned his successor's name. He never mentioned that he lost. He mentioned that he will be back "in some form." Then he had air force one take off in perfect unison to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" as if its the final scene of a ridiculous reality show.

All of the above, mind you, delayed the Bidens leaving for mass by over twenty minutes. Their day was help by Trump's ridiculous going away party.

I ask you, short of refusing to leave the White House, which was never realistic, what more could he have done to make this morning about himself, considering just two weeks ago he failed to overthrow the incoming administration with a violent invasion of the capitol. 
    Of course he had to leave. Seems like our disagreement is in our definition of stealing the spotlight. I don't see his good-bye rally and 21 gun salute as out of the normal. I never heard of it before, but never paid attention to what an outgoing president does either. When I got up at 7 AM (9 eastern) the coverage was already on Biden and the inauguration. Watched for about 40 minutes and never heard 1 thing about Trump. Watched for about an hour during my plan period at work, not 1 word about Trump. That does not fit my standards of stealing the spotlight. Perhaps you have different standards for that. 
    That says nothing about Trumps character or intentions or motivations. Just the facts for today and who the spotlight was on. 

not out of normal?

heres whats normal.

the fucking loser then leaves WH on Marine One AFTER asking for a plane to wherever

THE FUCKING LOSER THEN LEAVES ANDREWS ON A NONDESCRIPT GOVERNMENT PLANE NOT AIR FORCE ONE

apologist.

Geez man, untwist your panties. All I said was Trump didn’t steal the spotlight and you and a few others like to turn it into this huge thing. A comment was made about trump stealing the day, I said he hasn’t been on the news since 4 or 5 hours before inauguration. I guess that makes me a troll and apologist? Some people here are just a little too worked up on a day that should be a good day. 
    I said it before, I’ll say it a 5th or 6th time. Trump was embarrassing, even more the last few months. I’m glad he lost the lawsuits. It’s a good day for democracy. But I’m an apologist and a troll because I disagreed with 1 negative thing 1 person said about trump today that didn’t even make sense. Okay.
    You slept through what you said wasn’t stealing the spotlight. Then you admitted you did not know what normally happens on innauguration day yet you argued what you didn’t see appeared to be normal. 

Not to belabor the point but quit talking about shit you know nothing about. Or just defer to folks who know better. 
    I’m not sure who appointed you Juggs Almighty. But according to you getting up at 7:00 is sleeping through the day and the important events of the day. By the way, most of the country wasn’t up when he left the office, so quit acting like it’s a big deal or a character fault to wake up at 7:00. I actually think the inauguration was a bigger deal than the 10 minutes Trump got very early in the morning. You want to focus on those 10 minutes. Weird, but okay. Saying I don’t recall other presidents having an exit rally means I don’t know anything about Inauguration Day.
    The reality is most Americans have a good idea what to expect. I never said it was a normal day or graceful. Just he didn’t steal the spotlight. And if I have to get up at 5:00 to witness the 10 minutes of news coverage he got for the day, I’m sorry but that isn’t stealing the spotlight.
    Its weird, I’m not sure why the hate you and a few others have. It’s cult like. I can agree trump should go, I can agree he was embarrassing. I can agree with the outcome of the election results and that isn’t enough. You still hate anyone who disagrees with a single thing you said about trump. Time to move on man. He’s out of office. I’m sorry he didn’t steal the spotlight and give more news coverage that you were obviously looking for. But it’s over, time to move on. But you’re ignorance and hatred runs so deep for anyone different from you that it apparently makes me a sympathizer in your eyes.  
    Stop letting your true colors show by putting others down who disagree with 1 thing you said. I’ve asked 4 times how he stole the spotlight and your only response has been insults.  That’s because he didn’t steal the spotlight and you can’t stand anyone who disagrees with you in that.
    I hope you can learn to accept others different from you. We need to if we want to move on as a country. 

By far, most of the population in the US lives in the Eastern and Central time zones - look at the map of those two time zones combined.  This is an old map so it could be wrong...but it is not going to be wrong by too much. 

It was in the 8-9 AM hour in Eastern and 7-8 AM hour in Central when all this went down.  Approx. 8:13 AM when Tubby wobbled out to Marine 1 and then a short while later when they arrived at Andrews.

Holy cow, talk about beating a dead horse. People just can't let things go. People really have a hard time of accepting a good day and moving on, people just have to find something to be angry and argue about. I thought we were done with this.

Fine, not "most" of the country, but a large portion. You had to be out of bed and watching the news by 5 AM on the west coast to see him leave. Again, not the point. Not the point at all. The point, that several are choosing to ignore for unknown reasons to me, is that the day was still about Biden. From 9:00 AM until the end of the day the news was entirely focused on Biden and his administration, as it should be. That is not a complaint, that is not saying I wish Trump had more coverage. That is my response to those who were saying Trump was stealing the thunder. He just simply was not. Okay, so maybe half the country wasn't asleep, but 1/4 of the country maybe, who cares? Does that even matter? Is that worth bringing a dead horse back to life over?
    So here are the facts one last time for those of you who are still confused about the situation before I put this thread on ignore  and move on because some of you just are looking for things to be angry about at this point and can't focus your attention on something positive.
    I didn't say don't know what goes on during inauguration day. I said I don't pay attention to farewell ceremonies. I mean, there has only been 3 since I've been an adult, only 3 in the last 20 years (Clinton, Bush, Obama), so yeah I can't recall every detail when the last 2 left office. But a farewell leaving the Whitehouse seems pretty normal, any other president no one would have thought twice about it.  So I don't know why people are worked up over that and consider that stealing the thunder. Still, I am not sure why not being an expert on farewell ceremonies means I can't comment on the coverage by the media throughout the day to some. That was the whole argument, the amount of focus trump got vs Biden! I haven't figured out the connection between saying I don't pay attention to farewell ceremonies and the fact I live in a part of the country where most are just getting out of bed, has to do with commenting on the coverage of the inauguration for the day. But according to Juggs and Merkin that makes me self-admitted I don't know what I'm talking about and should remain silent on all issues. Maybe Juggs Almighty can explain the connection between the time zone I live in, my experience on farewell ceremonies and commenting on media coverage throughout the day - which was the actual topic at hand. They still refuse to admit that trump did not steal the spotlight, I have no idea why its such a burning issue for them. 
    My daily schedule seems to be of some consequence to others on here. The fact I wake up at 7:00 (technically 6:40, Then poop  and get out of the shower around 7:00, I didn't realize it would be such a critical detail to some, but I guess my daily routine is pretty important in this). From 7:00 (mountain) on, there was almost zero mention of trump. The focus was Biden, as it should be. So those living in the east coast or Midwest, sure, maybe they got a 30 minutes of news about Trump, and then 12 hours of Biden. That is not stealing the thunder by any measure. 
    I never said Trump left respectfully or peacefully. I never said he won the election. I never said he was my personal hero. I never said Biden stole the election. I never said I'll miss trump ( I won't). By the responses, you'd think I said all that. 
    So though all this anger, name calling and other bullshit, I still have the same conclusion that no, trump did not steal the thunder away from Biden yesterday. They will tell you I am wrong, and their reasons will involve zero facts or anything really to do with the topic actually, but they will tell you that doesn't matter and to be silent and listen to them anyway. The vast majority, nearly all of the coverage, starting from about 3 hours prior to the inauguration until the end of the day, was completely focused on Biden and the inauguration. A relatively short amount of time on trump leaving the office prior to that does not change that fact. The fact that when I woke up at 7 AM it was already over does not change what happened during the rest of the day over the next 12 hours. There seems to be some confusion in that. But that is the truth. Total coverage of trump = an  hour at best, total coverage of Biden and the inauguration = 12 hours. Which is bigger? There is zero argument to say trump stole the spotlight, but that doesn't stop some from arguing about it anyway. 
    This topic has made clear who is unable to accept a good thing and be happy. Elections are good. Democracy is good. Our freedom to vote and pick our leader is good. Yesterday represented a good day in this country.  Some really enjoy finding misery and spreading it. Simply stating I do not agree that trump stole the spotlight has clearly opened up wounds to some who cannot accept that he is actually gone and need to find something new to discuss and be angry about. Its actually sad. Why my simple statement of the spotlight being on Biden, has been the focus of that hate and ignorance is beyond me. Can we finally put this to rest now?
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Kate Upton?
    🤣 Good point! I do believe Juggs Almighty may already be taken. 
    Such a wonderful image, though!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:

not out of normal?

heres whats normal.

apologist.

Holy cow, talk about beating a dead horse. People just can't let things go. People really have a hard time of accepting a good day and moving on, people just have to find something to be angry and argue about. I thought we were done with this.

Fine, not "most" of the country, but a large portion. You had to be out of bed and watching the news by 5 AM on the west coast to see him leave. Again, not the point. Not the point at all. The point, that several are choosing to ignore for unknown reasons to me, is that the day was still about Biden. From 9:00 AM until the end of the day the news was entirely focused on Biden and his administration, as it should be. That is not a complaint, that is not saying I wish Trump had more coverage. That is my response to those who were saying Trump was stealing the thunder. He just simply was not. Okay, so maybe half the country wasn't asleep, but 1/4 of the country maybe, who cares? Does that even matter? Is that worth bringing a dead horse back to life over?
    So here are the facts one last time for those of you who are still confused about the situation before I put this thread on ignore  and move on because some of you just are looking for things to be angry about at this point and can't focus your attention on something positive.
    I didn't say don't know what goes on during inauguration day. I said I don't pay attention to farewell ceremonies. I mean, there has only been 3 since I've been an adult, only 3 in the last 20 years (Clinton, Bush, Obama), so yeah I can't recall every detail when the last 2 left office. But a farewell leaving the Whitehouse seems pretty normal, any other president no one would have thought twice about it.  So I don't know why people are worked up over that and consider that stealing the thunder. Still, I am not sure why not being an expert on farewell ceremonies means I can't comment on the coverage by the media throughout the day to some. That was the whole argument, the amount of focus trump got vs Biden! I haven't figured out the connection between saying I don't pay attention to farewell ceremonies and the fact I live in a part of the country where most are just getting out of bed, has to do with commenting on the coverage of the inauguration for the day. But according to Juggs and Merkin that makes me self-admitted I don't know what I'm talking about and should remain silent on all issues. Maybe Juggs Almighty can explain the connection between the time zone I live in, my experience on farewell ceremonies and commenting on media coverage throughout the day - which was the actual topic at hand. They still refuse to admit that trump did not steal the spotlight, I have no idea why its such a burning issue for them. 
    My daily schedule seems to be of some consequence to others on here. The fact I wake up at 7:00 (technically 6:40, Then poop  and get out of the shower around 7:00, I didn't realize it would be such a critical detail to some, but I guess my daily routine is pretty important in this). From 7:00 (mountain) on, there was almost zero mention of trump. The focus was Biden, as it should be. So those living in the east coast or Midwest, sure, maybe they got a 30 minutes of news about Trump, and then 12 hours of Biden. That is not stealing the thunder by any measure. 
    I never said Trump left respectfully or peacefully. I never said he won the election. I never said he was my personal hero. I never said Biden stole the election. I never said I'll miss trump ( I won't). By the responses, you'd think I said all that. 
    So though all this anger, name calling and other bullshit, I still have the same conclusion that no, trump did not steal the thunder away from Biden yesterday. They will tell you I am wrong, and their reasons will involve zero facts or anything really to do with the topic actually, but they will tell you that doesn't matter and to be silent and listen to them anyway. The vast majority, nearly all of the coverage, starting from about 3 hours prior to the inauguration until the end of the day, was completely focused on Biden and the inauguration. A relatively short amount of time on trump leaving the office prior to that does not change that fact. The fact that when I woke up at 7 AM it was already over does not change what happened during the rest of the day over the next 12 hours. There seems to be some confusion in that. But that is the truth. Total coverage of trump = an  hour at best, total coverage of Biden and the inauguration = 12 hours. Which is bigger? There is zero argument to say trump stole the spotlight, but that doesn't stop some from arguing about it anyway. 
    This topic has made clear who is unable to accept a good thing and be happy. Elections are good. Democracy is good. Our freedom to vote and pick our leader is good. Yesterday represented a good day in this country.  Some really enjoy finding misery and spreading it. Simply stating I do not agree that trump stole the spotlight has clearly opened up wounds to some who cannot accept that he is actually gone and need to find something new to discuss and be angry about. Its actually sad. Why my simple statement of the spotlight being on Biden, has been the focus of that hate and ignorance is beyond me. Can we finally put this to rest now?
    Are you calling my seeking clarification of an erroneous statement ignorant?

That sounds hateful.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2021
    I’m a postprandial pooper, myself, if this is where we’re sharing our evacuation schedules. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,679
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
      worth the watch.. 

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
This discussion has been closed.