Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    I mean does it really matter tho? It can't get any worse, it's as bad as it can get. They were hacking into our networks for years, too. Reagan certainly started the idea of government being evil, and now it's coming full circle. This is what we all get when we act like our own government is the enemy. Trump would sell it all out to make a penny.
    in my opinion, what he tried to pull, with ZERO evidence of cheating in this election, he has forfeited his right to hold that seat.

also, his seeming to be more angry over losing his book deal than a coup attempt tells me that he does not really want his job for anything other than a stepping stone to run for president in 24.
    yeah he referred to the publisher as a "mob"....an odd term to use after a mob resulted in the deaths of 5 people
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    dump just tweeted that he will not be attending the inauguration. 

big surprise, considering nobody wants him there. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    looks like the kraken is about to go through some things. sued for 1.3 billion, haha

I'm sure Trump will loan her the 1.3 Billion out of Eric's allowance.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    I think it's pretty obvious that Senate Republicans and/or the cabinet forced Trump to make that statement with the ultimatum that they would have to support 25th or impeachment 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    MayDay10 said:
    I think it's pretty obvious that Senate Republicans and/or the cabinet forced Trump to make that statement with the ultimatum that they would have to support 25th or impeachment 
    so he made the hostage film and then just went back to his normal petulant self.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719

I have this odd suspicion that on January 20th, Trump is not going to want anyone to know where he is.  I hope I'm wrong and he tweets his exact whereabouts at all times. :) 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    Parksy said:

I have this odd suspicion that on January 20th, Trump is not going to want anyone to know where he is.  I hope I'm wrong and he tweets his exact whereabouts at all times. :) 
    he's either going to go golfing or he's going to hold his own rally with a "real inauguration" theme. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    he is my senator. i do not know a single person who voted for him. but we are stuck with him. he will never, ever resign. and the idiots in my state will probably vote for him in greater numbers next time.
    He doesn't even live in Missouri. 
    He uses his sisters house as his address.
    He needs to go.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    This is an interesting piece about GOP senators who feel but they should’ve been harsher on Trump over the last four years. It paints them is caring about their party a lot more than their country, so I can buy it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533280-republican-senators-now-regret-not-doing-more-to-contain-trump?amp&__twitter_impression=true
    Remember when Trump first won and no one wanted to hitch themselves to his wagon?  Well now that Trump lost they are jumping ship so yes, party first, country second, all the way.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Parksy said:

he's either going to go golfing or he's going to hold his own rally with a "real inauguration" theme. 
    You know, that second point you made is totally what is going to happen. A MAGA themed celebration of the best presidency ever at Mar-a-lago. Otherwise he'll be live tweeting insults and watching Biden on TV.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/world/iraq-arrest-warrant-trump-al-muhandis-intl/index.html

Iraqi judge issues arrest warrant for Donald Trump

Iraqi judge issues arrest warrant for Donald Trump
    CNN Digital Expansion 2016 Mohammed Tawfeeq
    By Mohammed Tawfeeq and Aqeel Najim, CNN

(CNN)A judge in Baghdad's investigative court has issued an arrest warrant for outgoing US President Donald Trump, over the killing of an Iraqi paramilitary leader during the assassination of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani last year.

Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis -- the Iraqi deputy head of the Iran-backed Iraqi Popular Mobilization Forces -- was killed along with Soleimani in a US airstrike just over a year ago, on January 3, 2020.

"After the completion of the preliminary investigation procedures, the judge decided to issue an arrest warrant for the outgoing President of the United States of America, Donald Trump," read a statement released by the Supreme Judicial Council of Iraq on Thursday.
    "The investigation procedures will continue to find out the other participants in the implementation of this crime, whether they are Iraqis or foreigners," the statement added.

The Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) is a Shia paramilitary force made up of former militias with close ties to Iran. It was recognized under a 2016 Iraqi law as an independent military force that answers directly to the prime minister.

Iran also has an arrest warrant out for Trump in relation to Soleimani's death, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Monday.
    Soleimani was the architect of a growing Iranian military presence in Iraq, Syria and Yemen as the leader of the Iran Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force, an elite unit that handles Iran's overseas operations. It is considered a foreign terrorist organization by the US.

At a fundraising dinner in Florida shortly after the strike, Trump described the operation as taking out "two for the price of one." He described Soleimani as a "noted terrorist" who "was supposed to be in his country," but did not describe an "imminent threat" that precipitated the strike authorization -- the justification given by administration officials in the aftermath of the attack.

Tehran attorney general Ali Alqasi Mehr claimed Trump would be prosecuted after his term ends, Fars reported.
    Last week, a large crowd gathered in Baghdad close to midnight (local time) for a memorial service at the site where the drone strike killed Soleimani and al-Muhandis a year ago.

Images broadcast by the PMF showed a crowd of people in an area lit by candles, where tributes were broadcast on loudspeakers and attendees chanted, "God is great, America is the great Satan."
  • Options
    I like what Colin Powell had to say:

Former secretary of state Colin Powell said Friday that Trump should follow the lead of former president Richard M. Nixon and resign before being forced out of office.

Appearing on NBC’s “Today” show, Powell said that both impeachment and removing Trump under the 25th Amendment would be “time-consuming” and that Trump should simply resign “as quickly as possible.”

“I wish he would just do what Nixon did, and that’s step down,” Powell said. “Somebody ought to go up there and tell him, ‘It’s over. The plane’s waiting for you. You’re out.’ That way he would not only step down, he would in addition sort of cut the guts out from underneath this group of people who he has working for him.”

The retired four-star general said: “What he is responsible for is one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever seen in all my years as a government employee here in the United States of America and in Washington, D.C. He should be totally ashamed of himself, and he should take that shame and turn it into a resignation as quickly as possible.”

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    he is my senator. i do not know a single person who voted for him. but we are stuck with him. he will never, ever resign. and the idiots in my state will probably vote for him in greater numbers next time.
    Yup. I am in the same fucking boat.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I still can't wrap my head around how these idiots didn't expect the violence.  It could have been worse for sure.  I have seen some trashed offices but other than broken windows, etc., it didn't seem like there was much damage done inside the capitol.  One guy they interviewed said that he was telling people not to damage anything inside.  I'm honestly surprised that they didn't destroy Pelosi's office.

Of course it's possible that we haven't been notified of all the internal damage yet.

But 5 people are dead....one murdered (the cop), and all because tRump couldn't accept his loss like a man.
    One of those arrested is from Russia. Documents and electronic devices “with national security implications” were taken from congressional offices. Think of that as you will.
    You have a link to that article? Very very interesting.  
    Different source but you know Pat Riots.

DoJ warns national secrets may have been stolen after mob ransacked offices filled with dossiers and laptops as DC cop claims off-duty personnel were among rioters and 'flashed ID badges' at on-duty colleagues

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    This is fucking good. This is what I've been saying. Step on some throats. Get to work.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Jfc. My boss at my new job is a kook.  “ I’m just shell shocked that they stole our democracy from Trump and that the media is brainwashing people to be against the patriots”. This coup attempt has big time future radicalization power.  Trump and all the rest need swift justice or next time it will be a success...this country is so pathetic.  1 in 5 people believe that this was a fraudulent election, with zero evidence besides the words from the clown show.  Guess I better start looking for a new job, but I fear we will never be completely clear of these extremists again.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    This is fucking good. This is what I've been saying. Step on some throats. Get to work.

100%. But I fear the dem's will fall into the same old bullshit "reach across the aisle" and "we need to be moderate or we risk obliteration in 2 years" garbage. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Only the best people folks, only the best.

President Donald Trump has prepared a sweeping list of individuals he’s hoping to pardon in the final days of his administration that includes senior White House officials, family members, prominent rappers -- and possibly himself, according to people familiar with the matter.

Trump is hoping to announce the pardons on Jan. 19 -- his final full day in office -- and his ideas are currently being vetted by senior advisers and the White House counsel’s office, the people said.

The biggest question facing his legal team may be whether the president has the authority to pardon himself, as he has discussed in recent weeks with top aides, according to the people familiar with his conversations. Trump has previously claimed the power, though it’s a matter of legal dispute and has never before been attempted by a president.

A self-pardon could also prove a major political liability and hamstring another presidential bid, with opponents sure to suggest the self-pardon amounted to an admission that he thought he might be prosecuted for breaking the law.

Preemptive pardons are under discussion for top White House officials who have not been charged with crimes, including Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, senior adviser Stephen Miller, personnel chief John McEntee, and social media director Dan Scavino.

The president’s eldest daughter, Ivanka Trump, her husband, Jared Kushner, who both hold White House positions, are also under consideration, the people said. Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has also discussed the issue of a pardon with the president.

Preemptive pardons are also under consideration for other members of the president’s family, as well as friends and allies. For instance, Trump has floated a preemptive pardon for Kimberly Guilfoyle, the former Fox News host who is dating his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr.

The president wants the preemptive pardons to shield recipients from prosecutions for any federal crimes committed before the pardons were issued.

He’s also considering a traditional pardon for Albert Pirro, who previously worked with the president on real estate deals and was convicted of tax fraud. Pirro is the ex-husband of Fox News host Jeanine Pirro, a former district attorney of Westchester County in New York.

Celebrity Pardons

Trump is similarly considering pardoning celebrities including rapper Lil Wayne -- with whom he posed for a photo during the presidential campaign --as well as rapper Kodak Black, who is serving time for falsifying paperwork to obtain a firearm.

Other prominent celebrities including rapper Lil Yachty and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson have publicly lobbied Trump to pardon Kodak Black, who said in a now-deleted tweet that he would donate $1 million to charity if the president freed him.

Trump’s list is currently being vetted by lawyers who are concerned that pardons could create new allegations of obstruction of justice for members of the administration. The process is being managed in part by White House Counsel Pat Cipollone. A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

While some of the proposed pardons have moved through the legal steps needed inside the White House, the idea of a self-pardon is far less developed, the people say, and so far only at the discussion stage.

Shielding Trump

A self-pardon could shield Trump from prosecution over a myriad of issues his political opponents have suggested could be worthy of prosecution, from his federal income tax filings to hush money payments to an adult film star to his inaugural committee’s spending at venues owned by the Trump family.

Some Democrats have continued to say Trump should face legal scrutiny over the Russian interference campaign during the 2016 election, despite Special Counsel Robert Mueller finding no evidence the president colluded with the Kremlin. And in recent days, Trump has drawn scrutiny over his effort to pressure officials in Georgia to overturn the results of the presidential election there, as well as inciting what became a violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

A U.S. Capitol Police officer died of injuries he sustained “while physically engaging with protesters” during the unrest, according to the department. The officer was the fifth person who died in connection to the storming of the Capitol.

The Constitution says that a president “shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” That sprawling authority is seen as absolute by some, though a Department of Justice legal opinion from 1974 stated that “the president cannot pardon himself,” because of what it described as a “fundamental rule that no one may be a judge in his own case.”

Brian Kalt, a professor at Michigan State University College of Law who has written extensively about self-pardons, said it’s not clear whether the president can do it.

“The main argument in favor of the self-pardon power is that the Constitution does not expressly rule it out, and that the pardon power is extremely expansive,” he said.

“The argument against self-pardonability starts with the idea that granting a pardon is, by definition, something one can only do to another person,” Kalt said. “There is also a general principle in the law against being the judge in one’s own case.”

Continues........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-prepares-pardon-list-for-aides-and-family-and-maybe-himself/ar-BB1cyXeC

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    Jfc. My boss at my new job is a kook.  “ I’m just shell shocked that they stole our democracy from Trump and that the media is brainwashing people to be against the patriots”. This coup attempt has big time future radicalization power.  Trump and all the rest need swift justice or next time it will be a success...this country is so pathetic.  1 in 5 people believe that this was a fraudulent election, with zero evidence besides the words from the clown show.  Guess I better start looking for a new job, but I fear we will never be completely clear of these extremists again.
    Better start looking for a new country.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831

100%. But I fear the dem's will fall into the same old bullshit "reach across the aisle" and "we need to be moderate or we risk obliteration in 2 years" garbage. 
    I hear ya. They can deliver the optics of that all day if need be, yes - that being the idea of bipartisan support - but even in a moderate Senate I think swift, substantial Covid relief can happen along with the actual fiscal relief, too. If these things don't happen then I'll be livid. Like I don't see M4A happening, but we can get closer. I believe they can get people like Manchin/Sinema/Casey/Shaheen/etc to buy into those things.
  • Options

Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau says Trump incited rioters

From CNN's Paula Newton

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in a news conference today that the "current president" incited the violent rioters that stormed the Capitol on Wednesday.

“What we witnessed was an assault on democracy by violent rioters, incited by the current president and other politicians. As shocking and deeply disturbing and frankly, saddening as that event remains, we’ve also seen this week that democracy is resilient in America, our closest ally and neighbor. Violence has no place in our societies and extremists will not succeed in overruling the will of the people,” Trudeau said.

Trudeau is among other American allies that have decried the attack against the Capitol.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    Better start looking for a new country.
    Started that in October.  I need to start learning italian
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    How can you pardon a person who hasn't been charged of a crime?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    Parksy said:

Tweet: Your favorite president has been replaced by sleepy Joe and the Deep State is Looking for me.  But they'll never find me at Mar A Lago.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    How can you pardon a person who hasn't been charged of a crime?
    Sounds like a good history lesson in the making
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    static111 said:
    That sucks! My of my friends is convinced that the Democrats stormed the Capitol. SMH
  • Options
    That sounds like a nice fix for you until PJ starts touring again. ;)
  • Options
    i find it bizarre that anyone from a country that can't vote would go to these lengths. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2021
    static111 said:
    That sucks! My of my friends is convinced that the Democrats stormed the Capitol. SMH
    I’ve heard other people say here at the plant that it was antifa, BLM, Dems, Soros funded thugs etc and that it’s time for a real revolution.  I don’t think that some of the isolated more well to do libs and politicians realize just how dangerous this shit is.
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.