Donald Trump

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,078
    Turns out that Lindsey Graham’s denial of pressuring GA to throw out legally cast ballots in November is what motivated them to record the call. 

Yeah and they said they wouldn't release the transcript of the call unless tRump tweeted about it and lied....and then he tweeted about it and lied.

Well played.

This is going to be a strange couple of weeks.
    There should be an investigation into Graham's actions as well as others... The democrats should call the GOP's bluff and do a sweeping investigation into this election. 

Does anyone think they would uncover wrongdoing by anyone other than Trump & his cronies? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    man, we all kept saying "buckle up, his last 3 months is going to get wild", but it's still always so fascinating the depths this POS will go to. 

I still can't decide if he truly believes he won because of the yes people he has around him, or if it's solely because his narcissism won't allow the loss to be true. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    edited January 2021
    man, we all kept saying "buckle up, his last 3 months is going to get wild", but it's still always so fascinating the depths this POS will go to. 

I still can't decide if he truly believes he won because of the yes people he has around him, or if it's solely because his narcissism won't allow the loss to be true. 
    I tend to think it's more the latter. Any loss he suffers he creates a victim scenario for himself.  He was claiming the 2016 election was rigged when he thought he was going to lose.  He claimed the Iowa Caucus was rigged when he didn't win. He even tweeted about the Emmys being rigged because the Apprentice never won. I think it's rooted in insecurity; like, deep down he knows he's a dipshit that was born into fortune. 

The yes-people certainly help validate his nonsense. And without them, he might still think he was cheated but it wouldn't be going anywhere.

It's really amazing that this man-baby's ego is the impetus for putting the Republic in jeopardy.

Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    what i love seeing is the republican party at war with itself. and not because i want them to implode, they are an important part of the machine; i'm just glad that there is an equal amount of senators with a spine that are speaking out against the Seditious Dozen

www.headstonesband.com

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    A strong contingent Republican Party NEEDS to denounce this and a number of other things.  It will break the Republican Party, and likely lead to a short term surge for Democrat control... but it would also create precedent that Democrats cant attempt to lock all the doors like Trump/McConnell have been doing.  It would be personally risky, but it would be in the interests of both the country and their Party.

New Republican Party would be a REAL conservative Party that would not have to live/depend on Abortion Holy Rollers and screaming "Troops" as loud as possible while hiding behind giant flags.  They would be able to claim all the 'real' republicans as well as a lot of the ones driven toward Libertarianism.  many Centrist Democrats would likely defect here as well.

This shit really cant fly.  We are so very fortunate that this election wasnt close... and very fortunate that this package was delivered to us in the form of a bozo in Donald Trump.  Next time we will not be so lucky.  We are very likely at this point to see some Right Wing domestic terror attacks in the near future in the name of this nonsense.  If we arent there already, we are close to the point of no-return
    MayDay10 said:
    A strong contingent Republican Party NEEDS to denounce this and a number of other things.  It will break the Republican Party, and likely lead to a short term surge for Democrat control... but it would also create precedent that Democrats cant attempt to lock all the doors like Trump/McConnell have been doing.  It would be personally risky, but it would be in the interests of both the country and their Party.

New Republican Party would be a REAL conservative Party that would not have to live/depend on Abortion Holy Rollers and screaming "Troops" as loud as possible while hiding behind giant flags.  They would be able to claim all the 'real' republicans as well as a lot of the ones driven toward Libertarianism.  many Centrist Democrats would likely defect here as well.

This shit really cant fly.  We are so very fortunate that this election wasnt close... and very fortunate that this package was delivered to us in the form of a bozo in Donald Trump.  Next time we will not be so lucky.  We are very likely at this point to see some Right Wing domestic terror attacks in the near future in the name of this nonsense.  If we arent there already, we are close to the point of no-return
    you're right, this could have been so much worse if trump had not been such a bumbling idiotic buffoon. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    OnWis97 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    Impeach the fucker again. Doesn't matter if his term will be up before the proceedings end. Get it on record. The moment his term ends, bury him under congressional subpoenas. Follow that up with criminal referrals. Just hammer this shit until there are actual consequences.

If this stands, next time will be worse, and the time after that, until this crescendos in the end of American democracy.

Logistically, is it even possible to impeach him when he has 16 days left?
    Probably not, if the goal is to actually enact the remedy--upon conviction--of removal from office before his term naturally ends. But it may still be possible to impeach a former president, in which case it could prevent them from holding federal office again, or serve as a vehicle to thrust more evidence into public record and prosecutors' hands.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    Mike D88 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    Impeach the fucker again. Doesn't matter if his term will be up before the proceedings end. Get it on record. The moment his term ends, bury him under congressional subpoenas. Follow that up with criminal referrals. Just hammer this shit until there are actual consequences.

If this stands, next time will be worse, and the time after that, until this crescendos in the end of American democracy.

Logistically, is it even possible to impeach him when he has 16 days left?
    Probably not, if the goal is to actually enact the remedy--upon conviction--of removal from office before his term naturally ends. But it may still be possible to impeach a former president, in which case it could prevent them from holding federal office again, or serve as a vehicle to thrust more evidence into public record and prosecutors' hands.
    from what i just read, even a president removed via senate conviction can still run for and hold office again, unless the senate holds a separate vote to disqualify him from doing so. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/features/2020/01/20/can-an-impeached-president-run-for-re-election/

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,542
    OnWis97 said:

I tend to think it's more the latter. Any loss he suffers he creates a victim scenario for himself.  He was claiming the 2016 election was rigged when he thought he was going to lose.  He claimed the Iowa Caucus was rigged when he didn't win. He even tweeted about the Emmys being rigged because the Apprentice never won. I think it's rooted in insecurity; like, deep down he knows he's a dipshit that was born into fortune. 

The yes-people certainly help validate his nonsense. And without them, he might still think he was cheated but it wouldn't be going anywhere.

It's really amazing that this man-baby's ego is the impetus for putting the Republic in jeopardy.

Agreed....he knows he lost.  It's his narcissism that requires him to go to the nth degree to convince everyone else that he won.  That way he isn't a "loser" in his mind.  He didn't lose it was stolen from him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    OnWis97 said:

Agreed....he knows he lost.  It's his narcissism that requires him to go to the nth degree to convince everyone else that he won.  That way he isn't a "loser" in his mind.  He didn't lose it was stolen from him.
    i'm not convinced. the way he talks, online and on that phone call with Brad R.....I lean towards he actually believes there's no conceivable way he lost. 

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97 said:

Prison avoidance as well. Some of those NY State charges have statue of limitations. Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat is trying to run out the clock. He’ll never see the inside of a courtroom never mind a prison cell, unfortunately.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    OnWis97 said:

i'm not convinced. the way he talks, online and on that phone call with Brad R.....I lean towards he actually believes there's no conceivable way he lost. 
    He actually believes that because he saw all the boat & car parades flying his flag that there was no way he could lose 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    edited January 2021
    Turns out that Lindsey Graham’s denial of pressuring GA to throw out legally cast ballots in November is what motivated them to record the call. 

Yeah and they said they wouldn't release the transcript of the call unless tRump tweeted about it and lied....and then he tweeted about it and lied.

Well played.

This is going to be a strange couple of weeks.
    There should be an investigation into Graham's actions as well as others... The democrats should call the GOP's bluff and do a sweeping investigation into this election. 

Does anyone think they would uncover wrongdoing by anyone other than Trump & his cronies? 
    I would like to see the various State GOP party voter suppression efforts brought to light. Some of it has been documented, but there was most likely a lot more that went undiscovered or not reported.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    MayDay10 said:

Things are heading that way in some places already.  In our small city, we have had proud boys and Trump train pickup truck parades on Main St. and these idiots are aggressive and fanatical and seem to be poised to take it to the next level.  It's to the point where I am glad not to be working downtown any more and have no desire to go there.  I re-stock my little records section at the bookstore after hours when things are quiet, so I can miss the mayhem, but the radical right wingers' b.s. is going to hurt business (or only attract these creeps).

I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Chico, Calif. and she said the Trump/ proud boy biker types have been parking in front of their local hippie coffee shop and harassing the liberal/progressive types there.

This kind of thing is not going to go away after January 20th.  It probably will get worse.  Shit's getting real.  Real ugly.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    brianlux said:

This kind of thing is not going to go away after January 20th.  It probably will get worse.  Shit's getting real.  Real ugly.

That is the scariest part.  The whole "movement" is predicated on some desire/need to play the victim.  They did this while the Republicans held every branch of the Federal Government.  Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way, they are really going to be told they are the victims, and feeling more helpless, we will see some violence/mass murder.
    MayDay10 said:
    brianlux said:

That is the scariest part.  The whole "movement" is predicated on some desire/need to play the victim.  They did this while the Republicans held every branch of the Federal Government.  Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way, they are really going to be told they are the victims, and feeling more helpless, we will see some violence/mass murder.
    all i'm going to say is this: I think Biden should quadruple his security detail. 

www.headstonesband.com

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    edited January 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    brianlux said:

all i'm going to say is this: I think Biden should quadruple his security detail. 

This!  Him and other high profile progressives. 

I worry about this a lot.  Some people close to me have distributed "El Dorado County is Too Great For Hate" bumper stickers and I worry about the potential for reprisal for doing that.  This country scares me.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    This clown about to have some issues.

Many Americans, including a bunch of smarter lawyers than Donnie got, don't go for that 'overthrowing the gubmint' shit.  

"They illegally taped me."  Fuck you and fuck that.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiT said:
    This clown about to have some issues.

Many Americans, including a bunch of smarter lawyers than Donnie got, don't go for that 'overthrowing the gubmint' shit.  

"They illegally taped me."  Fuck you and fuck that.
    And they “illegally spied on his campaign.” Anyone remember that fruit from the poisonous tree? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    taped and spied him doing illegal shit.

Jesus Christ.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    OnWis97 said:

I actually think he believes he won but it's more because he has to talk himself into it. Deep down there are probably doubts but I do think he believes he won.  But it's rooted in his own fear of being a "loser."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • ikiT said:
    Nancy should impeach their TRAITOROUS asses.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,674
    Doesn't  the U.S. have an extradition treaty with Scotland?

Plane Sightings Fuel Rumors Trump Planning Escape to Scotland on Day Before Biden Inauguration.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/plane-sightings-fuel-rumors-trump-planning-escape-to-scotland-on-day-before-biden-inauguration?source=cheats&via=rss
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225

Plane Sightings Fuel Rumors Trump Planning Escape to Scotland on Day Before Biden Inauguration.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/plane-sightings-fuel-rumors-trump-planning-escape-to-scotland-on-day-before-biden-inauguration?source=cheats&via=rss
    Scotland has closed borders only open to essentials..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466

It’s part of the UK still, so they have an extradition agreement with the US. Id like to see the Scots deny entry.
    this is a great photo of a sad man.

ew.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    still the most punchable face in dc
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,078
    I'm genuinely curious what Cruz & company see as an endgame in all of this. 

This discussion has been closed.