Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I keep seeing tRumpsters talk about Hunter Biden being wired $3.5 million from some Russian.  

My understanding is that the $3.5 was wired to the investment firm that Biden worked at.  Not an unusual transaction for an investment firm to receive a large investment.  Optics might not be the best but not unusual at all.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I dunno, does not paying taxes really resonate as a big thing with american voters? i'd think that would be cause for admiration, not condemnation. 
    Admiration when a repub is in office...unacceptable when a Dem is in office.  The hypocrisy is deafening.

tRumpsters love to talk about leaches on society.  Takers that pay no tax yet receive welfare, etc.  

If I were advising Biden I would have him hammer the "I can't release my returns because they are under audit" thing 24/7.  We know that the IRS has already stated that there is nothing stopping him from releasing returns.  If tRump wants to say he can't release them then the first question is "why won't you release the returns that are NOT under audit?"  The IRS can only audit open tax years, generally the last three years of returns.  The only reason that returns older than three years would be under audit would be if the IRS suspects or is investigating fraud.  Biden needs to press him on that and either make him admit that the IRS is examining him for fraud or to prove the NYT wrong and release his returns.
    yeah, i just don't see this moving the needle even with undecideds. many people, not just republicans, view legal but ethically ambiguous tax evasion as something to be proud of. sure, paying ivanka as a consultant seems shady, but is it illegal? this would likely take down a mayor or city councilor, but the president? more importantly, THIS president?

trump's take will likely hit it home: i didn't pay much tax because i'm smart. 
    That's not Trumps take though. He says it's fake news. 

He's hiding those returns because they show lots of illegal activity.
    his kneejerk is always fake news. then he sometimes pivots. i think he might pivot on this one. 
    Pivot and release the returns or just tell us what's on them? No way he releases them. Doesn't want anyone to be able to go into them in detail. He's more afraid of going to jail than not getting elected.
    no, just pivot from denial (fake news) to somewhat confirmation (smart businessmen keep more of their money away from government)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    I keep seeing tRumpsters talk about Hunter Biden being wired $3.5 million from some Russian.  

My understanding is that the $3.5 was wired to the investment firm that Biden worked at.  Not an unusual transaction for an investment firm to receive a large investment.  Optics might not be the best but not unusual at all.
    It's stupid that people are concerned over what the potential president's son did to make money, but the current president directly scammed everyone and evaded millions in taxes. That should be the rebuttal every time Hunter is brought up.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I dunno, does not paying taxes really resonate as a big thing with american voters? i'd think that would be cause for admiration, not condemnation. 
    It's funny you would say this because I was just talking to my boss about Trump and his taxes about an hour ago. Now, she HATES Trump, and is as democrat as they come (Biden signs in her yard, thinks Andrew Cuomo is great, loves Pelosi, etc). But she said (jokingly...mind you) that "he's sort of my hero for that." But even to hear her say that jokingly was shocking to me. I responded, "I'm gonna quote you on that; "Trump's my hero," to which she quickly said "Don't you dare!" lol
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    • Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.
    • He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service.
    • Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money — losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.
    • The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.
    • Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.
    • Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.
    • As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known. The records do not reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    PJNB said:
    • Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.
    • He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service.
    • Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money — losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.
    • The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.
    • Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.
    • Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.
    • As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known. The records do not reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.
    40% of the voting population still doesn't care. They will check the box unless he says he's pro choice and wants to restrict gun ownership.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    tbergs said:
    PJNB said:
    40% of the voting population still doesn't care. They will check the box unless he says he's pro choice and wants to restrict gun ownership.
    I think they'd still vote for him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    PJNB said:
    I think they'd still vote for him.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    i just read that Rudy G is one of trump's debate coaches? WHAAAAT. LOLOLOLOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    I'm sure its been noted on here but needs repeating .. 
    Not such a big deal that he doesn't pay federal taxes.
    The problem is that he is such a bad business person and is on the hook for over $400 million that he is a SECURITY THREAT.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I'm sure its been noted on here but needs repeating .. 
    Not such a big deal that he doesn't pay federal taxes.
    The problem is that he is such a bad business person and is on the hook for over $400 million that he is a SECURITY THREAT.
    Yes, I agree.  It's about the gilded veneer he has created, it's a lie.  We knew that though.  
  • Options
    The more Trump will try to debate like a scripted politician the worse he will do. That is not what his voters want to hear and in that realm he doesn't have much to back the words up with. That will not give viral moments shitheads will clap for. 

Look at him in the republican primary, or Clinton VS Him in 2016, it wasn't him debating professionally like her that made people adore the ol' fella. 

Just let him loose and hope for the best, would be my advice if I was Rudy G.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The more Trump will try to debate like a scripted politician the worse he will do. That is not what his voters want to hear and in that realm he doesn't have much to back the words up with. That will not give viral moments shitheads will clap for. 

Look at him in the republican primary, or Clinton VS Him in 2016, it wasn't him debating professionally like her that made people adore the ol' fella. 

well rudy is off his rocker too so it might be the exact strategy he tells him
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

All true.  But now he has to defend a record, which he didn't before.  
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I’m just glad that Donald Trump is the only rich person not paying his fair share.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    so i guess the debate plan is to immediately pivot to "9/11, 9/11, 9/11!!!!!!" every time trump gets into a jam and he can't get out of it?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    trumps performance is going to be so easy to predict. make promises that something amazing is going to happen before the election, middle east peace, gop health bill, something like that.

also, gop does not know how to run against biden. trump is going to do his old, tired attacks on sleepy joe and hunter biden. he will probably throw in there something about hillary's emails. he will also accuse biden of being in on some sort of mail in ballot scheme.

trump has to attack because he cannot run on his record and expect to win.

he will also tout jobs numbers, while not mentioning how many were lost under his watch before they began to rebound. will talk about how this is the greatest economy in the history of the world, and how he is the greatest president ever, besides possibly lincoln, for african americans.

it is going to be a shitshow. biden is going to be caught off guard and will spend his time trying to fact check instead of present his platform.

hopefully wallace will do fact checking in real time on both candidates, but i am not holding my breath.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    trumps performance is going to be so easy to predict. make promises that something amazing is going to happen before the election, middle east peace, gop health bill, something like that.

also, gop does not know how to run against biden. trump is going to do his old, tired attacks on sleepy joe and hunter biden. he will probably throw in there something about hillary's emails. he will also accuse biden of being in on some sort of mail in ballot scheme.

he will also tout jobs numbers, while not mentioning how many were lost under his watch before they began to rebound. will talk about how this is the greatest economy in the history of the world, and how he is the greatest president ever, besides possibly lincoln, for african americans.

it is going to be a shitshow. biden is going to be caught off guard and will spend his time trying to fact check instead of present his platform.

hopefully wallace will do fact checking in real time on both candidates, but i am not holding my breath.
    I don't think Biden will be caught off guard.  Any attack tRump makes on Hunter can be easily deflected with an attack on Don Jr, Ivanka, Jerrad, etc.  

Biden is ready for all of that.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

I don't think Biden will be caught off guard.  Any attack tRump makes on Hunter can be easily deflected with an attack on Don Jr, Ivanka, Jerrad, etc.  

The question is really whether he ignores the attacks and stays professional or hammer him with his hypocrisy and lies.  Honestly, it's not an easy call. 
  • Options

it has already been stated that wallace will not be fact checking in real time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

If there is something Trump is at this point.... its highly predictable.  He is like an 80s 1-hit-wonder band who goes around playing the same exact concert for 40 years.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Every reason I’ve ever heard given for voting for him has been thoroughly debunked and they just keep moving the goalposts. Left with nothing else, I’m hearing people literally say, “who cares?” 

The tax dodging goes back through the 90s. I think only 3 out of 10 he actually paid in during that decade.  

He’s not smart and has virtually no savvy so the only possible way he’s avoided is fraud. 

Here’s to hoping Vlad the Imp hailer offers competitive interest rates and collateral requirements.

• Options
    Never miss an opportunity to own the libs and perceived enemies.

Murtaugh sought to accuse political enemies of the campaign of playing a role in Parscale’s reported suicide threat.

“The disgusting, personal attacks from Democrats and disgruntled RINOs have gone too far, and they should be ashamed of themselves for what they’ve done to this man and his family,” he said in his statement. RINO — or Republican in Name Only — is an epithet for GOP members who do not support the party’s policies or candidates.

He offered no evidence that attacks by critics played a role in Sunday’s incident, and the police in their statement did not provide any reason for Parscale’s reported suicide threat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-parscale-police/2020/09/27/356f861a-0127-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

If there is something Trump is at this point.... its highly predictable.  He is like an 80s 1-hit-wonder band who goes around playing the same exact concert for 40 years.
    Yep...he's KISS.  Same fucking setlist every night

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,284
    MayDay10 said:

Its good though because his dumb rallies do not garner nearly as much interest (or television ratings) as before. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Its good though because his dumb rallies do not garner nearly as much interest (or television ratings) as before. 
    I love seeing the people start to file out after about an hour of his BS...those are likely the paid actors that only sign up for 2-3 hours or something

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    YO

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    YO

GET IT!!!

• Options

it has already been stated that wallace will not be fact checking in real time. 
    oh well. i guess we should all be ready for a river of BS flowing out of trump then...

This discussion has been closed.