Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    So for a swede, it's suppose to be yo-se-mitt ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,253

Washington (CNN)Jonathan Swan, a reporter for Axios, has revealed the magic words that expose President Donald Trump's lies for what they are.

Who?
    What?
      How?
      No.
      In an interview that aired Monday night on "Axios on HBO," Swan demolished some of Trump's most dishonest talking points with a powerful tactic that has rarely been used by the people Trump has allowed to interview him:
      100% spot on. 

The problem, though, is Trump has only given just a few interviews to journalists who will actually ask him these simple follow ups. So many just roll over and let him blab and blab and blab. 
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

More like Yo-SEM-it-ee
      my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    • Options
      jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
      edited August 2020

Washington (CNN)Jonathan Swan, a reporter for Axios, has revealed the magic words that expose President Donald Trump's lies for what they are.

Who?
      What?
        How?
        No.
        In an interview that aired Monday night on "Axios on HBO," Swan demolished some of Trump's most dishonest talking points with a powerful tactic that has rarely been used by the people Trump has allowed to interview him:
        100% spot on. 

The problem, though, is Trump has only given just a few interviews to journalists who will actually ask him these simple follow ups. So many just roll over and let him blab and blab and blab. 
        True, but the press corps should be asking these as follow-ups to every response from everyone in the administration. Every time some gives a truly false statement, hit them with a who, what, how, when, or a “that’s not true”. Make them answer or have a tantrum. Should have been doing this from the start.
        Post edited by jerparker20 on
      • Options
        HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815

Who?
        What?
          How?
          No.
          100% spot on. 

True, but the press corps should be asking these as follow-ups to every response from everyone in the administration. Every time some gives a truly false statement, hit them with a who, what, how, when, or a “that’s not true”. Make them answer or have a tantrum. Should have been doing this from the start.
          but they can't. in a room full of reporters wanting to ask a question, if you try for a follow up he yells at you to shut up and moves on. unless you are suggesting they band together and do this, but ultimately, they are all in competition for a nightly soundbite for their own broadcast. that was never going to happen. 
          Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
          PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742

Who?
          What?
            How?
            No.
            100% spot on. 

When it is one on one and multiple questions allowed from the same reporter that is easier to do. The way Trump usually does interviews he protects himself by having full control of who is asked questions and when he moves on to the next. 
          • Options

Who?
            What?
              How?
              No.
              100% spot on. 

that's the amazing thing about his team knowing he is behind in the polls and in real danger of losing. they have no choice but to reach out to moderates by going mainstream, and it's doing exactly what you'd expect: blowing up in their faces. 
              Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
              ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
              JB16057 said:
              Groupthink is an amazing thing isn't it?
              it's worse over there
              Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
            • Options
              Did he actually say YO SEMITES YO SEMITES when he was speaking on Yosemite National Park?  Like YESTERDAY?
              I think he might have.

Pardon my French but what a fucking douche.
            • Options
              This MF loves to RUN HIS MOUTH yo.

• Options
              ikiT said:
              Did he actually say YO SEMITES YO SEMITES when he was speaking on Yosemite National Park?  Like YESTERDAY?
              I think he might have.

he did, and he was. 
              Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
              I don't know anything about it...

• Options

• Options
              mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628

More like Yo-SEM-it-ee
              Is it possible that Trump never has seen this word in print before?  He never heard of Yosemite National Park?  Never watched Yosemite Sam on television?  So bizarre.  
            • Options

Who?
              What?
                How?
                No.
                100% spot on. 

that's the amazing thing about his team knowing he is behind in the polls and in real danger of losing. they have no choice but to reach out to moderates by going mainstream, and it's doing exactly what you'd expect: blowing up in their faces. 
                Yes, this is a good point.  He can't just do Breitbart and Hannity interviews.  People can yap and crow about Hannity's ratings, but they are a pittance compared to where middle American gets their news.  It's not on Fox at 9PM.  
              • Options
                g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
                So let me understand this President....he says the 155,000 deaths so far is *it is what it is*

Then he has a oval office meeting with coronavirus leaders and sources says he STILL doesn't get it. This after 7 months with this pandemic. 

I live here in Florida and he's confident of mail in voting in this state with a Republican mini trump governor DeSantos following his every direction. The  President changed his mind. I wonder which big money donor got into his ear. No wonder this virus is out of hand here, it's one big mess as folks I know are coming down with it left and right.

Yet with a Democratic governor in Nevada Trump is certain mail in voting fraud is rampant. This President is truly is a MORON.

Peace
                *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
                .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
                PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
                mrussel1 said:

More like Yo-SEM-it-ee
                Is it possible that Trump never has seen this word in print before?  He never heard of Yosemite National Park?  Never watched Yosemite Sam on television?  So bizarre.  
                I just wish once someone would slip a "Go fuck yourself San Diego" onto the teleprompter/on his written notes. Cause he clearly doesn't pre-read anything and just gets up there sounding like a first grader sounding out the big 2 syllable words as he reads what they prepare for him.
                This weekend we rock Portland
              • Options
                mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
                edited August 2020
                I dont find it bizarre at sll.
                Post edited by mickeyrat on
                _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
                you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
                memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
                another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
              • Options
                Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
                ikiT said:
                I think he might have.

Yeah for someone who claims to be a "stable genius" that "knows lots of words" it is kind of hard to believe he wouldn't know the MOST POPULAR NATIONAL PARK IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE
                Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
                2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
                2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
                2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
                2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
                2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
              • Options
                oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
                mrussel1 said:

More like Yo-SEM-it-ee
                Well, to be fair, wilderness is not his natural environment. He’s more of a lounge lizard. 
                my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
              • Options
                mrussel1 said:

More like Yo-SEM-it-ee
                Well, to be fair, wilderness is not his natural environment. He’s more of a lounge lizard. 
                True, but television is his natural habitat and Looney Tunes should be right in his wheelhouse.  
              • Options
                gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
                i am wondering if he calls yosemite sam "Yo Semite Sam".
                There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
              • Options
                DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
                It isn’t that big of a deal in a vacuum, just highlights how little he cares. Asked my tween age daughters how to pronounce it. One nailed it, one knew the pronunciation was a little peculiar but didn’t quite have it.

I’m sure there will plenty of his herd  throwing themselves under the bus to justify his stupidity.
              • Options
                Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
                DewieCox said:
                It isn’t that big of a deal in a vacuum, just highlights how little he cares. Asked my tween age daughters how to pronounce it. One nailed it, one knew the pronunciation was a little peculiar but didn’t quite have it.

I’m sure there will plenty of his herd  throwing themselves under the bus to justify his stupidity.
                The narrative seems to be that he just does those things to make libs freak out....highly unlikely
                Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
                2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
                2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
                2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
                2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
                2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
              • Options
                DewieCox said:

The narrative seems to be that he just does those things to make libs freak out....highly unlikely
                He's such a world class dick,  he deserves every bit of ridicule he gets.  It's that simple to me. 
              • Options
                DewieCox said:

I see this all the time. "he's being sarcastic, and you stupid libs fall for it every time!". ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. 
                Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
                The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,253

Who?
                What?
                  How?
                  No.
                  100% spot on. 

Yeah. If that does not work, then just HIT 'EM WITH THE HEIN. 
                  chinese-happy.jpg
                • Options
                  KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

More like Yo-SEM-it-ee
                  Adding this help. :)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGGMBvo-pQ4

Falling down,...not staying down
                • Options
                  PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
                  edited August 2020
                  DewieCox said:

I see this all the time. "he's being sarcastic, and you stupid libs fall for it every time!". ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. 
                  Right, just like the day after he asked about injecting bleach and doing shots of Lysol to kill the virus when he said it was a joke he was making to reporters...except he was looking right at the doctor when he asked about it and nobody was laughing.
                  Nothing but backtracking when it comes to his gaffes.
                  This weekend we rock Portland
                • Options
                  Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,581
                  Poncier said:
                  DewieCox said:

Right, just like the day after he asked about injecting bleach and doing shots of Lysol to kill the virus when he said it was a joke he was making to reporters...except he was looking right at the doctor when he asked about it and nobody was laughing.
                  Nothing but backtracking when it comes to his gaffes.
                  “Gaffes?” More like ignorance and stupidity. Team Trump Treason has to be the most unlearned, unread, non-traveled, least aware, POTUS ever.
                  09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
                This discussion has been closed.