Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    How is Biden going to make things better?
    google the democratic party platform.

none of us are going to sit here and explain it all to you.

on second thought just vote for trump.
    I don't agree with the democratic party platform. Is it really that hard to accept that others might not think the same way that you do?
    then why are you asking questions as if you are open to being persuaded?

people here are too smart to get sucked in to that at this point in time. it is just baiting.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    JB16057 said:

Enjoy making heads explode in November.

& while you're at it, you can shove your whole "trying to make my community better" nonsense. You wouldn't have admitted to the former if you cared about the latter.

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I don't agree with the democratic party platform. Is it really that hard to accept that others might not think the same way that you do?

people here are too smart to get sucked in to that at this point in time. it is just baiting.
    I don't mind having legitimate conversations whether I can be persuaded or not. I'm not asking to degrade you like you are all doing to me.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

& while you're at it, you can shove your whole "trying to make my community better" nonsense. You wouldn't have admitted to the former if you cared about the latter.

You have no idea who I am or what I do for my community. How I vote for PUSA is not going to make a difference one way or the other on my community. There are bigger things to worry about that who is president. You are rude.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

You have no idea who I am or what I do for my community. How I vote for PUSA is not going to make a difference one way or the other on my community. There are bigger things to worry about that who is president. You are rude.

Thoughts & prayers for your hurt feelings. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I don't mind having legitimate conversations whether I can be persuaded or not. I'm not asking to degrade you like you are all doing to me.

i don't mind having legitimate conversations either. but you are being disingenuous.

you showed me your true motivation when you said you were voting for trump to basically own the libs. 

i am not degrading you. it is just i have been on this forum for a long time and i can tell by how you post you do not want an honest discussion.

because of that, i am going to bow out of this interaction.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    back on topic, it appears that trump co is under investigation for fraud. 

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

i don't mind having legitimate conversations either. but you are being disingenuous.

you showed me your true motivation when you said you were voting for trump to basically own the libs. 

i am not degrading you. it is just i have been on this forum for a long time and i can tell by how you post you do not want an honest discussion.

Coward
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:
    I don't care who is in office because I don't trust any politicians. At the end of the day, I am making my community a better place because that's all I can do. If you think getting Trump out of office is going to fix America's problems, then please do so and good luck to you. Our government was corrupted long before Trump was even born. If you want to deny the good things that Trump has done, that is your right as an American citizen. That's the great thing about America but facts are facts and at the end of the day, we can't make our politicians do the right thing or the things we want them to. We can however make a difference in our own communities.
    @JB16057 please enlighten me on what good things trump has done. I’m genuinely interested.  No matter who I ask the answer always seems to be look it up on your own. Even from close friends.   I google and find zero net positives.  I would really like just once for someone to list of 3 universally positive things he has done for Americans that I can look up. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Coward
    :lol:

run along. adults are talking.

• Options
    edited August 2020

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    I don't care who is in office because I don't trust any politicians. At the end of the day, I am making my community a better place because that's all I can do. If you think getting Trump out of office is going to fix America's problems, then please do so and good luck to you. Our government was corrupted long before Trump was even born. If you want to deny the good things that Trump has done, that is your right as an American citizen. That's the great thing about America but facts are facts and at the end of the day, we can't make our politicians do the right thing or the things we want them to. We can however make a difference in our own communities.
    @JB16057 please enlighten me on what good things trump has done. I’m genuinely interested.  No matter who I ask the answer always seems to be look it up on your own. Even from close friends.   I google and find zero net positives.  I would really like just once for someone to list of 3 universally positive things he has done for Americans that I can look up. 
    How about the 4 executive orders he just signed?
    • The first order directs federally qualified health centers to pass along massive discounts on insulin and epinephrine from drug companies to low-income Americans.
    • The second order will allow the safe, legal importation of prescription drugs from Canada and other countries where the price for identical drugs is lower.
    • The third order will prohibit secret deals between drug manufacturers and pharmacy “benefit manager” middlemen, ensuring patients directly benefit from available discounts at the pharmacy counter.
    • The fourth order ensures the United States pays the lowest price available among economically advanced countries for Medicare Part B drugs. The United States often pays 80 percent more for these drugs than other developed nations.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    • The first order directs federally qualified health centers to pass along massive discounts on insulin and epinephrine from drug companies to low-income Americans.
    • The second order will allow the safe, legal importation of prescription drugs from Canada and other countries where the price for identical drugs is lower.
    • The third order will prohibit secret deals between drug manufacturers and pharmacy “benefit manager” middlemen, ensuring patients directly benefit from available discounts at the pharmacy counter.
    • The fourth order ensures the United States pays the lowest price available among economically advanced countries for Medicare Part B drugs. The United States often pays 80 percent more for these drugs than other developed nations.

these are not legislative successes. they are executive orders. not laws. can easily be undone by the next president.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,705
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    or it comes from trump himself....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

these are not legislative successes. they are executive orders. not laws. can easily be undone by the next president.

I'm sorry, I didn't see that I was being asked for "legislative successes". Do you really think the next president is going to undo these executive orders? Congress couldn't get this done so Trump did. If you're so blinded with hate, you wouldn't be able to accept this as a positive thing.

You want legislative success? How about the First Step Act?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

My understanding is that the fourth order has not been signed or fully drafted. As for 1-3 there are still rules that HHS must follow as well as budgetary stipulations that require managing costs without raising taxes or increasing spending, good luck. There really isn’t a way around charging consumers more somewhere on the supply chain to help subsidize the lower cost to those it will benefit. Additionally  HHS still has no pathway for safely importing drugs on a large scale.  And finally there is still room for negotiations with big pharma when it comes to all of this.   My takeaway from this is that anyone can draft and sign an executive order to make themselves look good, implementing it is another story.   If in 6 months these executive orders actually end up benefitting Americans at large I will come back to this thread and say yes these executive orders have accomplished something. As of now nothing has been accomplished other than signing the order.  

How about something long term that has been proven to be an effective net positive ?  I’m not giving you shit or trying to start an argument here.  Just really curious about what your views on policy are, and why you think Trump is doing a good enough job to re-elect.  If your only criteria is really to make some heads explode that seems odd.  If you don’t think he’s any better or worse, why not vote for someone else that will at the minimum help to bridge the massive divide that has developed under Trump term?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'm sorry, I didn't see that I was being asked for "legislative successes". Do you really think the next president is going to undo these executive orders? Congress couldn't get this done so Trump did. If you're so blinded with hate, you wouldn't be able to accept this as a positive thing.

The main successes of the first step act were brought about by amendments from democrats to make the 2010 Fair Sentencing act(signed by Obama) retroactive.   This allowed many incarcerated individuals a chance to receive reduced sentences based on the crack vs Cocaine sentencing disparities.  This provision was not in the original Republican bill and far righties like Tom Cotton even tried to block this.  I will agree however that the First Step act was a positive, but not solely due to Trump and the Republicans.  Without the fair sentencing act the First step bill would likely have been another empty gesture.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited August 2020
    static111 said:
    @JB16057 please enlighten me on what good things trump has done. I’m genuinely interested.  No matter who I ask the answer always seems to be look it up on your own. Even from close friends.   I google and find zero net positives.
    I will agree however that the First Step act was a positive
    If you looked maybe you'd find more positive things. You said you google it and you find zero net positives.
  • Options
    Trump is not an ideal president. I don't feel like Biden is any better but there's just so much nonsense going around. I'll agree Trump does it to himself and is an idiot. Most likely, the most idiotic president ever but I share more of his beliefs than I do with Biden. Can that please just be accepted for what it is? The PUSA does not dictate who we are or how we are supposed to interact with each other. It comes down to each individual. I don't hate anyone for voting for Biden. I understand it and especially going up against the moron in chief Trump.

When I say silly things like that I am only voting for him to make your head explode, it is a stupid joke. I wish some of the things I see on this message board were stupid jokes but they don't feel like jokes.

Kudos to @static111 for actually starting a conversation instead of a name calling game. I do not want your head to explode and if you are voting for Biden, you have my respect and with all sincerity, good luck.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    kce8 said:
    JB16057 said:
    kce8 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'm not worried if he gets elected or not because there are bigger things going on than whomever is in the white house. Don't worry though, I will be voting for Trump but mainly just to see some people's heads explode.
    Wow, this is absolutely amazing what you will do for your country! There has never been a better reason to help destroy it.
    Just watch how it goes down while you kick your own butt too. Respect!

Unbelievable...
    You're welcome!

Ah, thanks, but I'm good... just shaking my head from overseas. ;)  I'm only one of those Europeans who still would wish Obama back for you and your country ... or at least someone with a bit of class and dignity. But well...some of you are screaming for it. Just sad for your wonderful country. :(

Obama had a full 8 years to make a difference. Trump has had less than 4 and somehow he has ruined everything? I'm not sad. I love my country but I think it's been a very long time since class and dignity has had anything to do with politics in the USA.
    Maybe sit the next few posts out, champ. 
    You'd love to silence those that don't agree with you eh?
    No. Actually before I typed that post, I was going to ask why there are no reasonable republicans in here. I know they exist because I know them in real life. I, in fact, used to be one. Yet everyone who shows up to support Trump here just spouts the usually illogical nonsense like you. The moment you make an asinine statement like you're just going to vote for Trump to "make some people's heads explode" is the moment you reveal that you literally have nothing to bring to the table. You're a caricature of a deplorable Trump supporter who seems content with voting for someone just to piss other people off. It's a joke. 

So instead of that, I gave you a Champ Kind quasi reference. Use it in good health. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    Trump is not an ideal president. I don't feel like Biden is any better but there's just so much nonsense going around. I'll agree Trump does it to himself and is an idiot. Most likely, the most idiotic president ever but I share more of his beliefs than I do with Biden. Can that please just be accepted for what it is? The PUSA does not dictate who we are or how we are supposed to interact with each other. It comes down to each individual. I don't hate anyone for voting for Biden. I understand it and especially going up against the moron in chief Trump.

When I say silly things like that I am only voting for him to make your head explode, it is a stupid joke. I wish some of the things I see on this message board were stupid jokes but they don't feel like jokes.

Kudos to @static111 for actually starting a conversation instead of a name calling game. I do not want your head to explode and if you are voting for Biden, you have my respect and with all sincerity, good luck.
    NO. hahaha

You are admitting you are voting for someone you think is "the most idiotic president ever."

That is the definition of idiocy. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

Would you like a reminder of what republicans used to think of executive orders before Trump became president?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

but, but, but, you called me a coward 

:'(

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

Would you like a reminder of what republicans used to think of executive orders before Trump became president?

i memba!

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    JB16057 said: 
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

I don’t think they thought they were meaningless. They thought that it was the president abusing power. Obviously their tune has changed.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JB16057 said: 
    JB16057 said:

static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

I don’t think they thought they were meaningless. They thought that it was the president abusing power. Obviously their tune has changed.
    Yeah you're right. I just thought of that scene after typing out the post. lol

Their tune has completely changed though. So to list a bunch of executive orders, which can be overturned the second Biden is inaugurated is kind of pointless. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lets see what he accomplished.

a wall that blew over in bad weather.
    a muslim ban.
    record debt and record deficit.
    a ban on people traveling from china.
    criminal response to a worldwide pandemic.
    got americans banned from canada, mexico, and the EU.
    got caught in over 20,000 lies.
    got impeached.
    most of the candidates he has endorsed in subsequent elections have lost badly.

i could go on, but you get the idea.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532

a muslim ban.
    got impeached.

You forgot filling his cabinet with only the best people.  Wait a second...nope...you are good. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    edited August 2020

a muslim ban.
    got impeached.

You forgot filling his cabinet with only the best people.  Wait a second...nope...you are good. 
    Locked her up
    Broke Obamagate wide open
    Recognized what Fredrick Douglas is doing
    Brought back Christmas
    De-escalated WWIII with North Korea
    Destroyed ISIS
    Saved a failing economy
    Signed greatest tax cut in history
    Fired Sean Spicer, Scaramucci, Omarosa and the rest of the hug a bunch
    Celebrated sports champions with McDonald's at the WH
    Played more golf than anybody who isn't a professional golfer in 3.5 years
    Entertained VIP guest like Kid Rock and Sarah Palin at the WH
    Held the largest inauguration in history
    Won the election by the widest margin ever
    Supported out of work porn stars and models with good will donations just because he's a nice guy
    Ended nonsense agreements like TPP and Paris climate accord
    Made Mexico pay for the wall
    Made China pay their share in trades
    Made Canada kiss the ring
    Gave Putin a seat at the table again
    Made the Anthem matter

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Oh man! I totally forgot how great it is that we can say "Merry Christmas" again! Woo!
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.