Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Tiki said:

Hey BS you know who else will back him on this take one guess he doesn't reside in Washington ? Let's see how big bafoon's balls really are let's see him go up against the man who put him in the WH ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    edited April 2017

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

A person who voted for Donald Trump voted for a candidate who had no intention of touching Syria.
    Three months in, he's launching bombs.

That's the part I don't get. I don't necessarily disagree with the action -- you can argue it was long overdue -- but what I don't get are the Trump supporters celebrating it today. Because you voted against this action last November.

Not exactly. I have tried to explain this before but it never got that much traction. Most Trump voters new that he was not ideological and that him flipping on something like this was not only possible but even quite likely over time. His voters just want someone who is results driven and will weigh every action one decision at a time. His ability to act without being beholden to a staked out position was seen as a feature not a bug. Some of the alt-right won't be able to accept it but many others will judge as results come in. Many of his voters just want "success".
    "Vote for Me, you'll never know what I'm going to do" is a helluva campaign slogan
    Ha... so friggin true. I don't know in what world that's an admirable quality.
    It's not flipping.
    President Trump will not accept paralysis by analysis.
    He has done what he thought is right and it is.
    But -- and hear me out -- what if he's a know-nothing dumbass who should maybe take a beat to think things through?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,727
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So it wasn't Kerry and Susan Rice who lied about weapons of mass destruction...it was Syria. Right. Yet the Obama administration wants to convince people that the Iran deal will prevent them from going nuclear....because Iran won't lie.

Again I ask you how will he get Putin to move aside to get rid of Assad we're waiting?
    Trump won't get rid of Assad. Syrians will get rid of Assad. I am not sure other then hating Trump what your objection to the current policy is though? I get it...if Trump does something you are against it but clearly you must agree that the status quo in Syria is unacceptable? Do you agree? The AMT always wants things both ways. Stop blaming Obama! Trump is now responsible! Trump is shouldering responsibility and takin action?! This is outrageous! What is the end game?!

It is a long running joke that any of you have any clarity on what result you actually want to come from a collapsed middle east. Opposition to Bush, Trump, insert Republican name here, is all that drives the AMT. Period. The end.
    Dropping cruise missles as payback for misdeeds is the status quo. The US has been doing it for years. There is no gain or progress from it. It continues the pattern of instability.

You think trump going from the gut is a good thing because you projecting some sort of wise plan on the guy. trump's plan is to win, or look like he's winning. Someone told him cruise missles is a good option. He thinks blowing shit up is winning, and winning is good.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

A person who voted for Donald Trump voted for a candidate who had no intention of touching Syria.

That's the part I don't get. I don't necessarily disagree with the action -- you can argue it was long overdue -- but what I don't get are the Trump supporters celebrating it today. Because you voted against this action last November.

Not exactly. I have tried to explain this before but it never got that much traction. Most Trump voters new that he was not ideological and that him flipping on something like this was not only possible but even quite likely over time. His voters just want someone who is results driven and will weigh every action one decision at a time. His ability to act without being beholden to a staked out position was seen as a feature not a bug. Some of the alt-right won't be able to accept it but many others will judge as results come in. Many of his voters just want "success".
    "Vote for Me, you'll never know what I'm going to do" is a helluva campaign slogan
    It isn't admirable but it is a fact that he was making it up as he went along. Does anybody on here disagree with this statement? Are people now suggesting that Trump really has an ideological core or thought deeply on any of these issues? This is probably the one thing that the AMT agrees with me on. Where we differ is on the point that now that he is President that posture actually has tactical advantages.
    It's okay not to have an ideological core. But it's not okay to not have a set of principles that generally govern your decisions. And it's not okay to make decisions off the cuff. I believe in IBS.. Information based strategy. I don't believe in GBS... gut based strategy. The POTUS utilizes the latter.
    You are completely correct. 100% agree. I just leave open the fact that his GBS tends to work for him even though I don't like it. Sometimes he fails for sure but he somehow "fails forward" if that makes any sense. It comes across as chaotic but in time moves in the right direction.
    He's wrong all the time.. He just lies about what he previously said.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Trump said that attacking Syria would start WW3.

good thing y'all didn't vote for the war-monger!

He wasn't wrong. The only change is that he may have learned that the war is almost inevitable and that maybe the US should engage

BS44325 said:

this is a very nicely dressed up way of saying he has no idea what he's doing and is 100% under the guidance of his advisors.
    I always said that he was making it up as he went along during the campaign. I still believe that. I also believe that he had upside capacity to learn. He has made great foreign policy appointments so far that are respected by both sides of the aisles...this is a very strong team...and McMaster ended up being a huge upgrade over Flynn. These are good advisors and he should be listening to them. The massive narcissist with the huge ego is listening to the experts...this is exactly what you should want!
    yes, it is a good thing for someone to listen to their advisors. to be 100% dependent upon them? that's not presidential. that's parenting.
    This is your own interpretation though and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny in the same week that he started to push aside Bannon. He is listening to all sides and is making decisions that he thinks are correct. This decison specifically has bipartisan support. Even Hillary said this was the right move.
    well hillary said all along she wanted assad gone, so that's not a surprise.

is he really pushing bannon aside? he's still there. he still has top security clearance. was it his choice, or was it bannon's?
    Actually hard to answer these questions because it is all inside baseball. Media states Bannon is being pushed aside but also reports that Bannon has threatened to resigned based on Trump siding against him more frequently.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    Could it be a distraction from the ongoing Russian investigation? Just a thought...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

He wasn't wrong. The only change is that he may have learned that the war is almost inevitable and that maybe the US should engage

BS44325 said:

this is a very nicely dressed up way of saying he has no idea what he's doing and is 100% under the guidance of his advisors.
    I always said that he was making it up as he went along during the campaign. I still believe that. I also believe that he had upside capacity to learn. He has made great foreign policy appointments so far that are respected by both sides of the aisles...this is a very strong team...and McMaster ended up being a huge upgrade over Flynn. These are good advisors and he should be listening to them. The massive narcissist with the huge ego is listening to the experts...this is exactly what you should want!
    yes, it is a good thing for someone to listen to their advisors. to be 100% dependent upon them? that's not presidential. that's parenting.
    This is your own interpretation though and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny in the same week that he started to push aside Bannon. He is listening to all sides and is making decisions that he thinks are correct. This decison specifically has bipartisan support. Even Hillary said this was the right move.

is he really pushing bannon aside? he's still there. he still has top security clearance. was it his choice, or was it bannon's?
    Actually hard to answer these questions because it is all inside baseball. Media states Bannon is being pushed aside but also reports that Bannon has threatened to resigned based on Trump siding against him more frequently.
    And his statement to breitbart was that he accomplished his mission in the NSC, so he didn't need to be there... which is total bullshit. Although I would guess he would have been against action yesterday.

Regardless, I think the smart money is that he lost clout due to his failure on the healthcare bill (which Kushner skipped town during the week.. clever...) and the travel ban.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2017

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It's not flipping.
    But -- and hear me out -- what if he's a know-nothing dumbass who should maybe take a beat to think things through?
    If he is a know-nothing dumbass, President Trump has the wherewithal to not accept paralysis by analysis.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    mfc2006 said:

Could it be a distraction from the ongoing Russian investigation? Just a thought...

Or the SC confirmation hearing today?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

mfc2006 said:

That's one helluva distraction!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It's not flipping.
    If he is a know-nothing dumbass, President Trump has the wherewithal to not accept paralysis by analysis.
    You're absolutely right. Analysis is not his problem.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

mfc2006 said:

that as well...good point.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

And his statement to breitbart was that he accomplished his mission in the NSC, so he didn't need to be there... which is total bullshit. Although I would guess he would have been against action yesterday.

Regardless, I think the smart money is that he lost clout due to his failure on the healthcare bill (which Kushner skipped town during the week.. clever...) and the travel ban.
    Agree and this bring me back to my point of Trump "failing forward". He is results driven and isn't emotionally attached to somebody like Bannon. If one guys strategy isn't working he will cast him aside and go with someone else.
  • Options
    so, did they miss the target(s)??? Because according to this, the base is still operational.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

mfc2006 said:

Why would he want to distract from what is an absolute victory? Gorsuch unified the right while the action in Syria splits it apart. This theory just does not make sense
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Agree and this bring me back to my point of Trump "failing forward". He is results driven and isn't emotionally attached to somebody like Bannon. If one guys strategy isn't working he will cast him aside and go with someone else.
    Again.. he isn't emotionally attached, but he doesn't care what it is. He didn't care what was in the healthcare bill, he wanted it to pass so he could declare victory. That is not a quality to be admired in a leader. It's fucking retarded. Imagine if a CEO declared victory no matter what happened. Lose a deal? That's perfect.. just what we wanted. Get fired by a client.. Awesome, we hated them anyway. I mean it's delusional and people would start looking to escape immediately.
  • Options
    As an aside...for those who thought Andrew McCarthy was biased yesterday should read him today

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446546/us-airstrikes-syria-bashar-al-assad-donald-trump-intervention-foreign-policy-error

On points of law he is pretty right down the middle
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Again.. he isn't emotionally attached, but he doesn't care what it is. He didn't care what was in the healthcare bill, he wanted it to pass so he could declare victory. That is not a quality to be admired in a leader. It's fucking retarded. Imagine if a CEO declared victory no matter what happened. Lose a deal? That's perfect.. just what we wanted. Get fired by a client.. Awesome, we hated them anyway. I mean it's delusional and people would start looking to escape immediately.
    Yeah. I'm not sure if he didn't care or if he just bought into the notion that Paul Ryan had been working on this for years and had constructed something that would not only work but that could pass both houses. He definitely didn't have a dog in the fight between the freedom caucus and the moderates but lent his political capital to the speaker of the house. Of course I would like Trump to be more knowledgeable on the issue but I don't fault him for differing to what everybody thought was the GOP's "policy wonk". I also don't think Trump would declare the health care debacle a victory but again though...healthcare still has the possibility to "fail forward" and at that point calling it a victory would not be wrong.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2017
    mfc2006 said:

so, did they miss the target(s)??? Because according to this, the base is still operational.

So what?
    USA is compassionate in their bombings and they left one runway open for means of civilians to get out or aid in.
    This act was taken advantage of and shows even more true colours of the regime even after chemical attacks.
    This bombing by the USA is just what the regime needed, perhaps a little more now.
  • Options

mfc2006 said:

So what?
    USA is compassionate in their bombings and they left one runway open for means of civilians to get out or aid in.
    This act was taken advantage of and shows even more true colours of the regime even after chemical attacks.
    This bombing by the USA is just what the regime needed, perhaps a little more now.
    oh stfu.. that's ridiculous. Compassionate in their bombings.. what's the point of taking out 3 runways and leaving the 4th. That makes it operational. Please please think before you post.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

So what?
    oh stfu.. that's ridiculous. Compassionate in their bombings.. what's the point of taking out 3 runways and leaving the 4th. That makes it operational. Please please think before you post.
    Operational yes, doesn't mean that they missed targets.
  • Options
    ^^^
    To add w/ out editing....It is up to Syria if they want more where "that" came from.
    Clearly they want more.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,045

mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

So what?
    Operational yes, doesn't mean that they missed targets.
    that doesn't make any sense and (I hope) you know it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427

mfc2006 said:

So what?
    Aid to whom from who Assad makes sure no humanitarian assistance ever gets to the ones that need it that's laughable that you think any aid can get to the people who are systematically being wiped out by constant bombing with the approval of your hero's master & you know who that is no ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited April 2017
    Remember when Dubya went with his gut and went for Saddam after 911. That was quite successful. Sting was right in 1987 and right now. History will teach us nothing. :unamused:
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,936
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yea, sure.
    Just keep following the money. The Russian ambassador to the UN didn't sound like he had a puppet in the white house this morning.
    You really think Russiagate is going away? Not by a long shot. Yea, a puppet he called and told to remove your personnel and any assets you want to keep before the missiles were fired. Big show of an empty sandwich. At least Reagan went after khaddafi's tent.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,936
    And anyone who thinks Trump is some great military strategist, he selected an option of several drawn up during the Obama Administration. Maybe he'll send him a thank you card?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Why did this happen? I've been in denial since he was announced as the Republican nomination. We've got a "President" that has Twittter fights and is a former reality star. 'Murica, you've hit an new all time low. At least my state wasn't red and we've got a great Governor that would be an excellent choice for the Democratic nomination next election. Terry McAullife is really trying to do his best in VA and gives me hope. That being said, I hope we make it to 2020!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options

Why did this happen? I've been in denial since he was announced as the Republican nomination.

That is a very long time to be in denial.
    Are you still in it?
    I think you are one of those who fall in the paralysis by analysis category.
This discussion has been closed.