Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, as usual, the distraction is working like a charm. I really don't know what else to say right now. I'm just going to wait and watch what happens next, and hope that people don't take their eye off of all the bullshit that Trump is trying to distract them from. This bunch of idiots don't know wtf they're doing - they are not qualified to try and wage a war or do whatever the fuck they are trying to do. Not in the least. So they are already poised to cause this to spiral completely out of control. I will be surprised if the US (and, unfortunately, many of its allies) is not in a war with Syria and Iran, and maybe even Russia, by summer, if not earlier.

It spiraled out of control before Trump took office...before Obama took office...before Bush took office and things will get worse before even the remote possibility that they might get better.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So it wasn't Kerry and Susan Rice who lied about weapons of mass destruction...it was Syria. Right. Yet the Obama administration wants to convince people that the Iran deal will prevent them from going nuclear....because Iran won't lie.

Again I ask you how will he get Putin to move aside to get rid of Assad we're waiting?
    You won't get an answer. BS only exists in the moment with never a mind for the future or the past.
    But because bafoon flexed his muscles BS is so proud yet he can't tell us what the end game is for this administration, is it to get rid of Assad or just deflect from his own political problems he has here !
    The end game is victory.
    Courage! What a joke. You have no principles. The continuation of the Bush Doctrine. Brilliant. You don't know what victory looks like because you haven't seen it in 16 years. Care to describe, "victory?" All and everything for Bibi.
    Unfortuantely I cannot describe victory as all I see is defeat. Defeat is far more likely. The question is whether we try to push back against defeat.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So it wasn't Kerry and Susan Rice who lied about weapons of mass destruction...it was Syria. Right. Yet the Obama administration wants to convince people that the Iran deal will prevent them from going nuclear....because Iran won't lie.

Again I ask you how will he get Putin to move aside to get rid of Assad we're waiting?
    Trump won't get rid of Assad. Syrians will get rid of Assad. I am not sure other then hating Trump what your objection to the current policy is though? I get it...if Trump does something you are against it but clearly you must agree that the status quo in Syria is unacceptable? Do you agree? The AMT always wants things both ways. Stop blaming Obama! Trump is now responsible! Trump is shouldering responsibility and takin action?! This is outrageous! What is the end game?!

It is a long running joke that any of you have any clarity on what result you actually want to come from a collapsed middle east. Opposition to Bush, Trump, insert Republican name here, is all that drives the AMT. Period. The end.
    lol what a joke Syrians ? Who's left Assad & Putin are systematically murdering any opposition damn dude please tell how America can triumph when Assad has Putin as his bodyguard there is no victory unless the Russians step aside as of now they are not ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709

BS44325 said:

A person who voted for Donald Trump voted for a candidate who had no intention of touching Syria.
    Three months in, he's launching bombs.

That's the part I don't get. I don't necessarily disagree with the action -- you can argue it was long overdue -- but what I don't get are the Trump supporters celebrating it today. Because you voted against this action last November.

Not exactly. I have tried to explain this before but it never got that much traction. Most Trump voters new that he was not ideological and that him flipping on something like this was not only possible but even quite likely over time. His voters just want someone who is results driven and will weigh every action one decision at a time. His ability to act without being beholden to a staked out position was seen as a feature not a bug. Some of the alt-right won't be able to accept it but many others will judge as results come in. Many of his voters just want "success".
    this is a very nicely dressed up way of saying he has no idea what he's doing and is 100% under the guidance of his advisors.
    And even you said it too nicely. He is winging it. Period. How does he decide to strike so quickly when on Tuesday Tillerson says something exactly the opposite. I know the chemical attack was awful, but Assad has been striking his citizens with weapons for several years now. This is not something that is new for him (with all due respect to Polaris's position).
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    Jason P said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Trump won't get rid of Assad. Syrians will get rid of Assad. I am not sure other then hating Trump what your objection to the current policy is though? I get it...if Trump does something you are against it but clearly you must agree that the status quo in Syria is unacceptable? Do you agree? The AMT always wants things both ways. Stop blaming Obama! Trump is now responsible! Trump is shouldering responsibility and takin action?! This is outrageous! What is the end game?!

It is a long running joke that any of you have any clarity on what result you actually want to come from a collapsed middle east. Opposition to Bush, Trump, insert Republican name here, is all that drives the AMT. Period. The end.
    no, it's because the US government only goes to war in a certain region, like that's the only place on the planet that has "bad guys" in power and the only ones killing their own citizens.gimme a break. there is ALWAYS a financial/political angle to these acts of aggression.
    Somalia and Yemen are useless shit holes so why are waging war there?
    the "war" on ISIS.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Trump said that attacking Syria would start WW3.

good thing y'all didn't vote for the war-monger!

He wasn't wrong. The only change is that he may have learned that the war is almost inevitable and that maybe the US should engage

BS44325 said:

A person who voted for Donald Trump voted for a candidate who had no intention of touching Syria.

That's the part I don't get. I don't necessarily disagree with the action -- you can argue it was long overdue -- but what I don't get are the Trump supporters celebrating it today. Because you voted against this action last November.

Not exactly. I have tried to explain this before but it never got that much traction. Most Trump voters new that he was not ideological and that him flipping on something like this was not only possible but even quite likely over time. His voters just want someone who is results driven and will weigh every action one decision at a time. His ability to act without being beholden to a staked out position was seen as a feature not a bug. Some of the alt-right won't be able to accept it but many others will judge as results come in. Many of his voters just want "success".
    this is a very nicely dressed up way of saying he has no idea what he's doing and is 100% under the guidance of his advisors.
    I always said that he was making it up as he went along during the campaign. I still believe that. I also believe that he had upside capacity to learn. He has made great foreign policy appointments so far that are respected by both sides of the aisles...this is a very strong team...and McMaster ended up being a huge upgrade over Flynn. These are good advisors and he should be listening to them. The massive narcissist with the huge ego is listening to the experts...this is exactly what you should want!
  • Options
    President Trump is the man!
    Large and in charge, take no shit, grab the low life chemical killers by the nuts and spoon feed them a Tomahawk Missile.
    If this deters any other would be cavemen from using chemical weapons on anyone I am all for it.
    Baby killer launch pad destroyed! Not Sad!
    This shit can't go on anymore people. WW3? Please.
    USA is in a position to bomb the shit out of a military base that launches chemical weapons and did so.
    Good for you guys and the world thanks you for it.
    Bomb their military resources to oblivion.
    The line has been crossed.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

lol what a joke Syrians ? Who's left Assad & Putin are systematically murdering any opposition damn dude please tell how America can triumph when Assad has Putin as his bodyguard there is no victory unless the Russians step aside as of now they are not ...
    There is no guarantee that Russia will step aside but Russia will not step aside unless they think the US is serious. This is a first step in demonstrating resolve. It is not a be all end all and it may accomplish nothing but it is a beginning. You either agree with changing the approach or you accept the status quo Jose. Hatred of Trump is blinding people to the necessity of the policy. There is bipartisan support for what took place last night and I hope Trump goes to congress to cement this support.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,702
    BS44325 said:

Yea, sure.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

And even you said it too nicely. He is winging it. Period. How does he decide to strike so quickly when on Tuesday Tillerson says something exactly the opposite. I know the chemical attack was awful, but Assad has been striking his citizens with weapons for several years now. This is not something that is new for him (with all due respect to Polaris's position).
    This is a fair criticism but I think the fact that Tillerson was giving Assad a signal that with good behaviour there might be a way for him to remain in power and Assad goes ahead and abuses that signal is a massive slap in the face. It tells Trump that Assad cannot except the slightest of olive branches and should now be hit hard. I think it is fair for the policy to change after the chemical attack.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Yea, sure.
    Just keep following the money. The Russian ambassador to the UN didn't sound like he had a puppet in the white house this morning.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

no, it's because the US government only goes to war in a certain region, like that's the only place on the planet that has "bad guys" in power and the only ones killing their own citizens.gimme a break. there is ALWAYS a financial/political angle to these acts of aggression.
    The fracking revolution has reduced the financial angle to this region. It isn't zero but oil ain't what it used to be.
    Lie. Cars don't run on natural gas, and the "endless supply" of fracked gas isn't so endless.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/future_tense/2011/12/is_there_really_100_years_worth_of_natural_gas_beneath_the_united_states_.html

The military industrial complex is the only angle there is, and that angle gives the OF a way out of his Russia entanglements..

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    And fracking is beyond stupid.
    Injecting unknown chems and wastewater a mile deep into the crust of the earth to fracture it. It'll loosen it up the top level fine for the North Korean missiles. We won't need sea level rise, the top layer will just slide off into the ocean.
    So stupid.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    edited April 2017
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, as usual, the distraction is working like a charm. I really don't know what else to say right now. I'm just going to wait and watch what happens next, and hope that people don't take their eye off of all the bullshit that Trump is trying to distract them from. This bunch of idiots don't know wtf they're doing - they are not qualified to try and wage a war or do whatever the fuck they are trying to do. Not in the least. So they are already poised to cause this to spiral completely out of control. I will be surprised if the US (and, unfortunately, many of its allies) is not in a war with Syria and Iran, and maybe even Russia, by summer, if not earlier.

It spiraled out of control before Trump took office...before Obama took office...before Bush took office and things will get worse before even the remote possibility that they might get better.
    Yeah, because what was already happening is the same as starting a war with Iran, Syria and Russia. How come you pretend to not know what people mean so often?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

This is a fair criticism but I think the fact that Tillerson was giving Assad a signal that with good behaviour there might be a way for him to remain in power and Assad goes ahead and abuses that signal is a massive slap in the face. It tells Trump that Assad cannot except the slightest of olive branches and should now be hit hard. I think it is fair for the policy to change after the chemical attack.
    If he was dangling a carrot then he really fucked that one up because the message wasn't clear. Maybe Rubio was right when saying that the Tillerson message was perceived as a green light.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

He wasn't wrong. The only change is that he may have learned that the war is almost inevitable and that maybe the US should engage

BS44325 said:

I always said that he was making it up as he went along during the campaign. I still believe that. I also believe that he had upside capacity to learn. He has made great foreign policy appointments so far that are respected by both sides of the aisles...this is a very strong team...and McMaster ended up being a huge upgrade over Flynn. These are good advisors and he should be listening to them. The massive narcissist with the huge ego is listening to the experts...this is exactly what you should want!
    yes, it is a good thing for someone to listen to their advisors. to be 100% dependent upon them? that's not presidential. that's parenting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    edited April 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

There is no guarantee that Russia will step aside but Russia will not step aside unless they think the US is serious. This is a first step in demonstrating resolve. It is not a be all end all and it may accomplish nothing but it is a beginning. You either agree with changing the approach or you accept the status quo Jose. Hatred of Trump is blinding people to the necessity of the policy. There is bipartisan support for what took place last night and I hope Trump goes to congress to cement this support.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/europe/russia-condemns-us-missile-strike-on-syria/2017/04/07/c81ea12a-1b4e-11e7-8003-f55b4c1cfae2_story.html
    There is already tension so tell who will get Assad out of office , that's the only way to resolution he has to go and as long as Putin is the gatekeeper that won't happen , like people have stated this is not the 1st gas attack on civilians since bafoon has been in office why react now ? Oh yeah I forgot he is under investigation..
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    BS44325 said:

"Vote for Me, you'll never know what I'm going to do" is a helluva campaign slogan
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    BS44325 said:

Tiki said:
    I agree with that Trump over this Trump but I like this Trump better then that Trump. Getting congressional authority is important but post-Libya that demand will no longer be enforced.
    Can't handle the fact that he's a hypocrite so you go full Kellyanne with your Alternative Fact mental gymnastics bs because he's not a black or female democrat. It's ok to admit you're wrong on something. World won't end.

• Options

BS44325 said:

"Vote for Me, you'll never know what I'm going to do" is a helluva campaign slogan
    Ha... so friggin true. I don't know in what world that's an admirable quality.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It's not flipping.
    President Trump will not accept paralysis by analysis.
    He has done what he thought is right and it is.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It isn't admirable but it is a fact that he was making it up as he went along. Does anybody on here disagree with this statement? Are people now suggesting that Trump really has an ideological core or thought deeply on any of these issues? This is probably the one thing that the AMT agrees with me on. Where we differ is on the point that now that he is President that posture actually has tactical advantages.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Tiki said:
    I agree with that Trump over this Trump but I like this Trump better then that Trump. Getting congressional authority is important but post-Libya that demand will no longer be enforced.
    Can't handle the fact that he's a hypocrite so you go full Kellyanne with your Alternative Fact mental gymnastics bs because he's not a black or female democrat. It's ok to admit you're wrong on something. World won't end.

I don't think he was a hypocrite. I just think he was a phoney who said or tweeted whatever he thought would get him the biggest applause at any given time. It was his upside potential that I liked and on that I still ain't wrong.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

yes, it is a good thing for someone to listen to their advisors. to be 100% dependent upon them? that's not presidential. that's parenting.
    This is your own interpretation though and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny in the same week that he started to push aside Bannon. He is listening to all sides and is making decisions that he thinks are correct. This decison specifically has bipartisan support. Even Hillary said this was the right move.
  • Options

• Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It isn't admirable but it is a fact that he was making it up as he went along. Does anybody on here disagree with this statement? Are people now suggesting that Trump really has an ideological core or thought deeply on any of these issues? This is probably the one thing that the AMT agrees with me on. Where we differ is on the point that now that he is President that posture actually has tactical advantages.
    It's okay not to have an ideological core. But it's not okay to not have a set of principles that generally govern your decisions. And it's not okay to make decisions off the cuff. I believe in IBS.. Information based strategy. I don't believe in GBS... gut based strategy. The POTUS utilizes the latter.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2017
    IBS mixed with GBS yields a swift decision.
    W/ out GBS in the mix you are stuck in paralysis by analysis mode.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It's okay not to have an ideological core. But it's not okay to not have a set of principles that generally govern your decisions. And it's not okay to make decisions off the cuff. I believe in IBS.. Information based strategy. I don't believe in GBS... gut based strategy. The POTUS utilizes the latter.
    You are completely correct. 100% agree. I just leave open the fact that his GBS tends to work for him even though I don't like it. Sometimes he fails for sure but he somehow "fails forward" if that makes any sense. It comes across as chaotic but in time moves in the right direction.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This is your own interpretation though and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny in the same week that he started to push aside Bannon. He is listening to all sides and is making decisions that he thinks are correct. This decison specifically has bipartisan support. Even Hillary said this was the right move.
    well hillary said all along she wanted assad gone, so that's not a surprise.

is he really pushing bannon aside? he's still there. he still has top security clearance. was it his choice, or was it bannon's?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The strategy comes from downtown...
    Oh, the strategy? Strategy?

I contend there is no strategy.
This discussion has been closed.