Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    mickeyrat said:
    heres what I really dont understand, why have we placed such great importance on Iowas convoluted process and NH fraction of ots 1.3 million population?
    its a great boon to their economies to be sure, but other than that, why?

There is really no need for them to go first when they are in no way representative of the country as a whole.

I'm starting to come around on the idea that there's going to be a contested convention.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    edited February 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    heres what I really dont understand, why have we placed such great importance on Iowas convoluted process and NH fraction of ots 1.3 million population?
    Oh I can answer that one for you....

The primary process is STUPID. They should do every state at once, or if that's too much to ask, Ten states at a time. Ten "super Tuesdays" if you will. The way they do it with Iowa and then New Hampshire is a perfect example of "Welp, this is how it's always been!" I fucking hate it. 

And don't get me started on delegates and super delegates, or the possibility of a brokered convention. 

Edit: Just realized that I capitalized the word "Ten." That's when you KNOW you're a Pearl Jam fan lol.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

The primary process is STUPID. They should do every state at once, or if that's too much to ask, Ten states at a time. Ten "super Tuesdays" if you will. The way they do it with Iowa and then New Hampshire is a perfect example of "Welp, this is how it's always been!" I fucking hate it. 

And don't get me started on delegates and super delegates, or the possibility of a brokered convention. 

Edit: Just realized that I capitalized the word "Ten." That's when you KNOW you're a Pearl Jam fan lol.
    Even better would be no primaries - one election a year, rank-choice-voting style - while rolling back Citizens United. One of the few times where the name on the back of the jersey (candidate) should matter more than the one on the front (party). Less time for all this nonsense taking up our airwaves in the vein of toxic commercials, and spending hard-earned tax revenue on bullshit elections.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    edited February 2020
    mickeyrat said:

Even better would be no primaries - one election a year, rank-choice-voting style - while rolling back Citizens United. One of the few times where the name on the back of the jersey (candidate) should matter more than the one on the front (party). Less time for all this nonsense taking up our airwaves in the vein of toxic commercials, and spending hard-earned tax revenue on bullshit elections.
    I'd take that. Anything that in any way upends the two-party system is okay with me.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    mickeyrat said:

I'd take that. Anything that in any way upends the two-party system is okay with me.
    weekend voting.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

weekend voting.....
    E Day a federal holiday or better yet an entire month of no-excuse absentee voting.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    mickeyrat said:

So - wouldn’t this change benefit those with deep pockets the most? In iowa and NH candidates can meet just about everyone. Or would you prefer the Bloomberg’s just get to run all the tv ads and get all the votes ;)

I see value in small states early. I can see value if figuring out more diverse electorate earlier too.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

weekend voting.....
    Yeah why the hell don’t they do that??? Saturday would be perfect. Or a designated holiday like jearlpam said. Even if ya don’t create a new one. Combine Veterans Day and Election Day. What can be more American!

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

weekend voting.....
    Yeah why the hell don’t they do that??? Saturday would be perfect. Or a designated holiday like jearlpam said. Even if ya don’t create a new one. Combine Veterans Day and Election Day. What can be more American!
    Because there are certain parties or forces that are more interested in suppressing turnout
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

weekend voting.....
    Having a non-veteran presidential candidate collude with Russia, Russia, Russia to steal an election. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

So - wouldn’t this change benefit those with deep pockets the most? In iowa and NH candidates can meet just about everyone. Or would you prefer the Bloomberg’s just get to run all the tv ads and get all the votes ;)

I see value in small states early. I can see value if figuring out more diverse electorate earlier too.
    Definitely shouldn't have all the states go at once. But the first states should be more representative of the country as a whole. Also caucuses are a neat novelty, but it's  2020 - end them.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    https://youtu.be/mrX3Ql31URA

Still rings true as it ever did
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:

That seems very rational.  The process they employ now is too expensive and those early states are not representative of the population as a whole.

How about 5 Regional primaries? Northeast Southeast Midwest Northwest Southwest...one a week for 5 weeks (with weekend voting and easy early and absentee voting as well) and then a general election...Get this whole process done in two months.  No running for president the day after you're sworn in, no rallies, and elected officials actually doing their jobs instead of running for president for half the length of the term.  

Money is a also huge stumbling block.  Look at the amount of $$$ burned through by Kamala Harris over the course of 2019.  It had to have been at least 30M dollars, probably more. FOR WHAT?  In addition to the diverse demographics of the Dems voting population being considered, there ought to be a level playing field. Instead of heeding the call to "get money out of politics", Tom Perez Dee's made fundraising totals (and POLLING? now that's stupid...) a metric of "viability" for inclusion on the stage debates; all that did was jettison of the ideas and ideals and ENERGY of Julian Castro, John Delaney, Beto, Kristen Gillibrand, and the aforementioned Kamala.  (I would have PAID to watch KH debate Trumpito, by the way).

He may need to be impeached again.   That really did not take long.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:

That seems very rational.  The process they employ now is too expensive and those early states are not representative of the population as a whole.

How about 5 Regional primaries? Northeast Southeast Midwest Northwest Southwest...one a week for 5 weeks (with weekend voting and easy early and absentee voting as well) and then a general election...Get this whole process done in two months.  No running for president the day after you're sworn in, no rallies, and elected officials actually doing their jobs instead of running for president for half the length of the term.  

Money is a also huge stumbling block.  Look at the amount of $$$ burned through by Kamala Harris over the course of 2019.  It had to have been at least 30M dollars, probably more. FOR WHAT?  In addition to the diverse demographics of the Dems voting population being considered, there ought to be a level playing field. Instead of heeding the call to "get money out of politics", Tom Perez Dee's made fundraising totals (and POLLING? now that's stupid...) a metric of "viability" for inclusion on the stage debates; all that did was jettison of the ideas and ideals and ENERGY of Julian Castro, John Delaney, Beto, Kristen Gillibrand, and the aforementioned Kamala.  (I would have PAID to watch KH debate Trumpito, by the way).

Yeah that regional idea would work great. And you're dead-on about money. I've never donated to a pollical campaign. But if I did, and that candidate didn't even make it to the first primaries, well then I just totally flushed money down the toilet. And it wouldn't necessarily be the candidate's fault. I'd blame the system. 

And beyond wasting money, your right to vote (and the candidates' right to secure votes) is sorta diminished in these primaries if the candidate you like is gone before your state votes. I'm from Pennsylvania and we don't vote until April 28th. It's possible that someone like Joe Biden could be gone by then. Is that fair to a Pennsylvanian who might want to vote for him? Is it fair to HIM (or anyone like him) that faltering in early states could cost him a chance to even compete in later states?

Since this is all just a big game anyway, I often compare the American election system (especially when there's no incumbent) to something like the NFL playoffs, with the Dems being one conference and the GOP being the other, and then each conference's champion play in the Super Bowl (general election). Taking that metaphor one step further, candidates struggling in early primary states and having to drop out because of it is tantamount to an NFL team starting the season 1-4, and having the rest of their season cancelled because of it. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah that regional idea would work great. And you're dead-on about money. I've never donated to a pollical campaign. But if I did, and that candidate didn't even make it to the first primaries, well then I just totally flushed money down the toilet. And it wouldn't necessarily be the candidate's fault. I'd blame the system. 

And beyond wasting money, your right to vote (and the candidates' right to secure votes) is sorta diminished in these primaries if the candidate you like is gone before your state votes. I'm from Pennsylvania and we don't vote until April 28th. It's possible that someone like Joe Biden could be gone by then. Is that fair to a Pennsylvanian who might want to vote for him? Is it fair to HIM (or anyone like him) that faltering in early states could cost him a chance to even compete in later states?

Since this is all just a big game anyway, I often compare the American election system (especially when there's no incumbent) to something like the NFL playoffs, with the Dems being one conference and the GOP being the other, and then each conference's champion play in the Super Bowl (general election). Taking that metaphor one step further, candidates struggling in early primary states and having to drop out because of it is tantamount to an NFL team starting the season 1-4, and having the rest of their season cancelled because of it. 
    Just want to address your statement that I've underlined/bolded - if there's anything I've learned in all this is that donating to a candidate you believe in, are motivated by, is just as important as donating to any charity. Non-profits need to play by the rules laid out by them, which is done by these same fucking politicians. It's an underrated value really, for the average American that is. While PACs and corporations keep throwing millions of dollars around, helping a candidate put boots on the ground whether it be by volunteering or donating to their campaign is a powerful rebuke to the PAC money. Again, I can't stress enough how important it is to donate to campaigns you believe in - especially at the local level. And now that the usual tax payer is not seeing the benefit of giving for deduction purposes, I give the majority of my money to public servants/campaigns/501c4's that meet my ideals and what I want the country to be.

The people in power in public office make the rules and I want to make sure I'm supporting those I want in those seats making the right decisions.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:

Just want to address your statement that I've underlined/bolded - if there's anything I've learned in all this is that donating to a candidate you believe in, are motivated by, is just as important as donating to any charity. Non-profits need to play by the rules laid out by them, which is done by these same fucking politicians. It's an underrated value really, for the average American that is. While PACs and corporations keep throwing millions of dollars around, helping a candidate put boots on the ground whether it be by volunteering or donating to their campaign is a powerful rebuke to the PAC money. Again, I can't stress enough how important it is to donate to campaigns you believe in - especially at the local level. And now that the usual tax payer is not seeing the benefit of giving for deduction purposes, I give the majority of my money to public servants/campaigns/501c4's that meet my ideals and what I want the country to be.

The people in power in public office make the rules and I want to make sure I'm supporting those I want in those seats making the right decisions.
    I've never believed that strongly in any political candidate to donate to them. But if I did, I certainly wouldn't donate to a primary candidate for all the reasons I laid out: they might not even make it to my state to vote for them (though this wouldn't really apply to me because I have no party affiliation and can't vote in primaries), or in the case of someone like Kamala Harris, they may not even make it to Iowa. In the end, if you donated to her presidential campaign, basically you just gave her money to help her become more famous.

I donate to cancer research because my mother died of cancer. That's the only thing I give my money away to. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:

I've never believed that strongly in any political candidate to donate to them. But if I did, I certainly wouldn't donate to a primary candidate for all the reasons I laid out: they might not even make it to my state to vote for them (though this wouldn't really apply to me because I have no party affiliation and can't vote in primaries), or in the case of someone like Kamala Harris, they may not even make it to Iowa. In the end, if you donated to her presidential campaign, basically you just gave her money to help her become more famous.

I donate to cancer research because my mother died of cancer. That's the only thing I give my money away to. 
    Absolutely - I guess I emphasize the giving critically on the local/state level. My view if fuck the federal government, at least I can control what my state does as long as it doesn't violate the consitution.

Sorry about your mother. In my mind this is another reason I would keep pushing money behind candidates and parties - especially in office - for things like M4A and other forms of socialized healthcare. The benefit of this type of legislation would put a cap on the maximum amount of out-of-pocket someone needs to pay when it comes to diagnoses like cancer. No one should go broke because of cancer, so I'll gladly give to those candidates in office who believe the same.

Also, would like to say, on the primary issue - I give $25/mo to Elizabeth Warren, which I do because I'm financially capable of doing so. If someone even gave a $1 to someone they believe in - whether it's federal or local - it makes a difference.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    And my apologies for derailing this thread. 

Anyway, this (whole thread) is amazing:

• Options
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:

Absolutely - I guess I emphasize the giving critically on the local/state level. My view if fuck the federal government, at least I can control what my state does as long as it doesn't violate the consitution.

Sorry about your mother. In my mind this is another reason I would keep pushing money behind candidates and parties - especially in office - for things like M4A and other forms of socialized healthcare. The benefit of this type of legislation would put a cap on the maximum amount of out-of-pocket someone needs to pay when it comes to diagnoses like cancer. No one should go broke because of cancer, so I'll gladly give to those candidates in office who believe the same.

Also, would like to say, on the primary issue - I give $25/mo to Elizabeth Warren, which I do because I'm financially capable of doing so. If someone even gave a $1 to someone they believe in - whether it's federal or local - it makes a difference.
    Fair enough, and thanks for your sympathies for my mother. Here's a question though...assuming Warren doesn't make it very far in this primary, when she drops out, would you then begin donating to someone with similar policies? Like, are more about donating towards the policy or the candidate? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

If only.

Americans should have been in the streets to defend their democracy.
  • Options
    dignin said:

If only.

That Judge is in no way sympathetic tol Stone OR Trump.  Believe she has discretion in sentencing. She doesnt HAVE to go with the recommendation.........

Not inclined to believe she will.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:

If only.

That Judge is in no way sympathetic tol Stone OR Trump.  Believe she has discretion in sentencing. She doesnt HAVE to go with the recommendation.........

I get that, but this has much bigger and farther implications than just the Stone case.
  • Options
    But lets go after Mayor Pete!

Trump’s rhetoric has changed the way hundreds of kids are bullied in classrooms

Since Trump’s rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America.

By Hannah Natanson, John Woodrow Cox and Perry Stein ●  Read more » 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:

If only.

I get that, but this has much bigger and farther implications than just the Stone case.
    And I get that as well. However, its completely in line with Trumps rhetoric and tweeting since he first raised that right hand with his left behind his back crossing his tiny fingers

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570

Since Trump’s rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America.

Well he is the bully-in-chief
    Supported by people who think bullying is okay as long as you pretend to be a lover of christ, guns, and forced birth. And of course it's okay as long as your 401K is increasing in value.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,679
    edited February 2020
    Why look who's back. Some of my favorite lines:

On February 27, 2018, Hicks testified to a Congressional committee that she had told "white lies" on Trump's behalf.[7][8][9] The next day, Hicks announced her intention to resign as White House Communications Director.[10][11] She left the White House a month later.

She was dating Rob Porter in 2018 when he resigned as White House Staff Secretary after abuse allegations from his two ex-wives were made public.[52][53] Corey Lewandowski had an on-and-off extramarital affair with Hicks[54]. Trump stated Hicks was "the best piece of tail" Lewandowski would ever have per Michael Wolff's book: Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House[55].

Birds of a feather, I suppose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Hicks

https://apple.news/ArzyZXvN0SbKkZdIW8XPiRQ
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fair enough, and thanks for your sympathies for my mother. Here's a question though...assuming Warren doesn't make it very far in this primary, when she drops out, would you then begin donating to someone with similar policies? Like, are more about donating towards the policy or the candidate? 
    Definitely policy over candidate 1000%.

I'm a pretty practical, pragmatic guy, but my ideals can get the best of me sometimes as I would expect anyone with a pulse that's considered human should. I honestly think there's going to be a contested convention. Amy went all-in on the all-white state of NH. She will be most likely out of it after March because I don't think she has the money to go through all of it.. Warren is a lot of peoples 2nd choice overall. She's still 3rd in the delegate vote, which at the same time so far is a fraction of the total delegate vote tally. I think Biden takes a complete beating but limps around, Bloomberg is going to buy his way through Super Tuesday. Not sure if Pete has the amount of cash to go all the way unless he surges ahead. Some sort of combo of Warren/Sanders/Pete/Biden is going to hang around until June with no one being the clear winner. That's at least my personal view. When and if Warren's out, then Sanders gets my money. From there I'll wait till the convention and see who the nominee is. The only ones that would really give me pains to donate to - and I most likely won't - are Bloomberg & Biden. Bloomberg can print money so he doesn't need from me. Biden is Generic Party Dem, also doesn't need it from me. I'll reluctantly give Pete or Amy my money maybe. After the convention I'll be hitting the ground with my feet knocking doors in my own division here in South Philly, then make some runs in rural PA as well, for whom ever the Dem nominee is. If everyone gives just 2% effort then no one person needs to do it all.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831

Well he is the bully-in-chief
    Supported by people who think bullying is okay as long as you pretend to be a lover of christ, guns, and forced birth. And of course it's okay as long as your 401K is increasing in value.
    You almost nailed it, but isn't a 409K?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    That didn't take long...

Conservative radio personality and Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh said 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg had little chance of winning the election because "America's still not ready to elect a gay guy".
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    ikiT said:
    That didn't take long...

Conservative radio personality and Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh said 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg had little chance of winning the election because "America's still not ready to elect a gay guy".
    I hate Rush...
    ...but I think he's right about this.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.