Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    SC got another discussion closed for review. 
    I don't think he banned, he just nervous.
    i checked. he has the "banned" banner on her profile. 
    I hate the banning.  Even for him.  
    I hate banning too, but how else do you deal with someone where the posts are 80% incendiary?  At some point enough is enough.  It's funny but your row was at the low end of the spectrum.  Hopefully it's just temporary.  I'm a huge fan of disagreements/argu,emts on these boards, but they should be rooted differently than they have been.  
    That's the problem with always creeping forward to find out where the line is - eventually you find it. I don't really understand that antagonistic behaviour (though like anyone I know I've done it here under the right conditions), and honestly, antagonism is rarely productive. If we're truly running out of time here, we should be trying to unite and understand each other rather than dividing and goading each other into saying something we'll regret saying. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    I hate banning too, but how else do you deal with someone where the posts are 80% incendiary?  At some point enough is enough.  It's funny but your row was at the low end of the spectrum.  Hopefully it's just temporary.  I'm a huge fan of disagreements/argu,emts on these boards, but they should be rooted differently than they have been.  
    That's the problem with always creeping forward to find out where the line is - eventually you find it. I don't really understand that antagonistic behaviour (though like anyone I know I've done it here under the right conditions), and honestly, antagonism is rarely productive. If we're truly running out of time here, we should be trying to unite and understand each other rather than dividing and goading each other into saying something we'll regret saying. 
    Yes the line was certainly discovered.  But if past was any indication of present, there were warnings. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    how does one post when banned?
    I wondered the same.
    I bet it's an edit from the mods or something. 

The ban makes sense. He's gotten at least half-a-dozen threads locked with his routine. 
    He didn't do it by himself.
    When people post certain things they are trying to stir the pot and get a reaction.  Let s put blame where blame is due which is on him.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    OnWis97 said:
    Whenever someone from the Party of Trump rebukes, I temper my expectations about what that really might mean.  That stuff usually blows over.  I think they know what Trump is and want to put out a couple off "right side of history" tweets for posterity. That said, I think Lindsay's past the point of no return.
    It's really odd.  And given all that has happened I would think the GOP would be ready to convict him in the Senate and be done with him.  They must think that they are better off letting him lose in the general election but the way they put party over country is disgusting.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited October 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    Yes the line was certainly discovered.  But if past was any indication of present, there were warnings. 
    I'm sure there were warnings.  I have received a few in the past and changed my behavior.  One time I got a warning for telling someone to drink bleach.

If you haven't noticed...they do keep track of your warnings on your "Moderation" tab. :) 
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    OnWis97 said:
    Whenever someone from the Party of Trump rebukes, I temper my expectations about what that really might mean.  That stuff usually blows over.  I think they know what Trump is and want to put out a couple off "right side of history" tweets for posterity. That said, I think Lindsay's past the point of no return.
    It's really odd.  And given all that has happened I would think the GOP would be ready to convict him in the Senate and be done with him.  They must think that they are better off letting him lose in the general election but the way they put party over country is disgusting.
    Whatever they're thinking, the bottom line is "party over country" or perhaps "self over country."

(my guess is "he's too popular with the GOP voters; I don't want to lose my seat").

Look at all the resignations.  I'm thinking those people don't want to push back against the Party of Trump but they also know that history won't look kindly on today's Party of Trump.  So they're slinking out quietly.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Totally agree, It really is sad. How can anyone say with a straight face sea this president should not be impeached?
    party before country should be instant termination.  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

The ban makes sense. He's gotten at least half-a-dozen threads locked with his routine. 
    When people post certain things they are trying to stir the pot and get a reaction.  Let s put blame where blame is due which is on him.  

That just isn't how I see it. There is plenty of blame to spread around IMO. But whatever. Too bad about the ban. I enjoyed having S_C around. Nothing he said ever really bugged me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm banned now.
    That is a great question. based upon my private messages...I'm not sure I'll be around here much longer, I doubt I have the personality for it, walking on pins and needles ain't my strong suit.  Letting others be condescending and just going and telling someone else to deal with it ain't my way either. 
    Just be better than that person. It is not worth it. 
    you are probably the best around here at it. I have been amazed at your cool temperament when mercilessly attacked personally. 
    Thanks for the kind words bud. 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Bottom Line - Anyone that says,"in my great and unmatched wisdom" or "I'm a stable genius" shouldn't be in charge of anything except maybe the ping pong table in a hospital rec room.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Whatever they're thinking, the bottom line is "party over country" or perhaps "self over country."

(my guess is "he's too popular with the GOP voters; I don't want to lose my seat").

Look at all the resignations.  I'm thinking those people don't want to push back against the Party of Trump but they also know that history won't look kindly on today's Party of Trump.  So they're slinking out quietly.
    They aren't  just choosing party over country. 
    They are also choosing party over the people, the constitution,  the rule of law, and common sense.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited October 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

They aren't  just choosing party over country. 
    They are also choosing party over the people, the constitution,  the rule of law, and common sense.
    And when you really get down to it, they aren't choosing party over any of those things either. They are simply choosing themselves over everything. There is a reason they "choose party". Because choosing it lines their own pockets at the end of the day, and provides them with the opportunity to simply have and maintain that sense of power they are all so horny for. They don't give a shit about anybody but their own selves. They'd throw Trump and any other Republican under the bus if it happened to serve them well.... So far, they just haven't found a scenario where throwing Trump to the wolves will help them gain more money or power.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

That just isn't how I see it. There is plenty of blame to spread around IMO. But whatever. Too bad about the ban. I enjoyed having S_C around. Nothing he said ever really bugged me.
    Me too ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    myoung321 said:
    Bottom Line - Anyone that says,"in my great and unmatched wisdom" or "I'm a stable genius" shouldn't be in charge of anything except maybe the ping pong table in a hospital rec room.
    Haha!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    UN-freakin-hinged

I can feel the venom spewing from him
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Extremely stable genius who happens to have great and unmatched wisdom

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:
    Don't sleep on this story.
    It's ALWAYS about the $$$$.

They wanted to actually INSTALL someone on the board of an occupied by Russia UKE NATURAL GAS company...
    you know, exactly the same thing they're BITCHING about with Hunta Biden, except this isn't about getting your kid a kushnery ® job.  This is about extortion.

yo that shizznit is spinning pretty good now.  Easy to watch this slip through the cracks with all the augmented voices and testifying behind screens.  I'm thinking they're going to be able to tell it's Kelly Ann.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
  • Options
    Turns out he works for Russia.  Wow, didn't see that coming.
  • Options
    A tsunami of nonsense.
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Anyone get Moscow Mitchy Baby’s thoughts? Maybe run a campaign ad asking why he’s sitting silently by as Team Trump Treason does Putin on the ritz’s bidding? A hundred K and a troll farm goes a long way, yo!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    UN-freakin-hinged

That's hamburger meat....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    UN-freakin-hinged

Haha!
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    UN-freakin-hinged

Hamburder 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    will get denied, then appealed, denied again then appealed to scotus who would be hard pressed to overturn the courts own decision.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Get Allstate and be protected from mayhem, like Team Trump Treason.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.