Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mcgruff10 said:
    How long until the dems formally bring up impeachment?  Does something like this take a few weeks/months? I can’t remember ‘98.  
    As long as it takes. Impeachment is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly. The House is currently in investigative mode and the question becomes, how many articles will there be and what evidence will they present for each. It could drag along through the election and a flipped senate. Or, begin after the holidays.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully this process starts sooner rather than later.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I'm banned now.
    how does one post when banned?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    I'm banned now.
    That is a great question. based upon my private messages...I'm not sure I'll be around here much longer, I doubt I have the personality for it, walking on pins and needles ain't my strong suit.  Letting others be condescending and just going and telling someone else to deal with it ain't my way either. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    SC got another discussion closed for review. 
    I don't think he banned, he just nervous.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ikiT said:
    i checked. he has the "banned" banner on his profile. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiT said:
    i checked. he has the "banned" banner on her profile. 
    I hate the banning.  Even for him.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I'm banned now.
    That is a great question. based upon my private messages...I'm not sure I'll be around here much longer, I doubt I have the personality for it, walking on pins and needles ain't my strong suit.  Letting others be condescending and just going and telling someone else to deal with it ain't my way either. 
    Just be better than that person. It is not worth it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.
    I bet it's an edit from the mods or something. 

The ban makes sense. He's gotten at least half-a-dozen threads locked with his routine. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm banned now.
    me neither. I've flown off the handle more than I should have. but you just have to realize these people say these things just for that reason. or they're psycho.

just put those that bother you on ignore. that's what I've done. it still can take a bit of will power not to check what narcissistic nonsense they blather on about, and you can still see it if it's quoted, but I've started to exercise restraint. even where i used to always respond. Just live and let live. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm banned now.
    Others are good at that, I am not. ;)

I do find it really odd that we had an issue...it stopped, let it go, and an hour later warnings and bans come.  After it;s been let go...so, if I were to go back and delete all my comments when I'm letting it go and moving on, does that help any?  Seems weird to me

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

The ban makes sense. He's gotten at least half-a-dozen threads locked with his routine. 
    He didn't do it by himself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm banned now.
    you are probably the best around here at it. I have been amazed at your cool temperament when mercilessly attacked personally. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

You're right he had lots of help...cause he had lots of people he was condescending and other things to.  Regardless, I'm a big boy and I don't need him banned.  So I hope he can come back.  maybe just take away his ability to post pictures/memes/etc :) I keed, I keed...maybe.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

It's always him and someone else....with the constant being him. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

It's hard to disagree with this.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

I kind of do. I feel like it was constantly him and two or three others as well. Always the same people in general who could never let a single thing he ever said go (whether it was condescending or not). I really don't think he was the only one responsible for the problem at all. But in any case, I don't like bans one bit. Not unless the person is truly hateful, which S_C is not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm banned now.
    I wondered the same.

I kind of do. I feel like it was constantly him and two or three others as well. Always the same people in general who could never let a single thing he ever said go (whether it was condescending or not). I really don't think he was the only one responsible for the problem at all. But in any case, I don't like bans one bit. Not unless the person is truly hateful, which S_C is not.
    I'm not on board with the ban, fwiw, but I also feel like he made his bed.
  • Options
    I personally didn't find his behaviour bannable, at least not what I saw. he was not attacking anyone personally, just being condescending/cheeky. I've seen MUCH worse condescension around here on a daily basis than that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I'm a fan of bans, otherwise this place would be another Facebook or Twitter. At the same time I've never reported a post, not my style 

Keep up the good work mods, and while you're at it, can you figure out how to ban Trump?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    I'm a fan of bans, otherwise this place would be another Facebook or Twitter. At the same time I've never reported a post, not my style 

Keep up the good work mods, and while you're at it, can you figure out how to ban Trump?
    I doubt it would turn into FB or twitter with the paywall in place. not many people would pay $20 just to troll once and get banned. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

Trump's working that part on his own.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I am one of the few (I think) Americans that was not bothered by him.  Probably because 1) I kinda thought of his constant whining about America was similar to sports fans complaining about the Patriots.  They're always on top...just like the U! S! A! (particularly on an American band's discussion board) and 2)  I think the USA needs to be taken down a peg at times.  I think he got beaten up for posting criticism of the US that some others of us would have gotten away with.

That said, he did need to tone it down in some of his replies.  

I'm not a fan of bannings...if it were up to me (thank God it's not), I'd be about longer suspensions for anyone not making threats or posting things that could get themselves and the rest of us in trouble.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2019
    I'm thinking some of them noticed Rick Perry under that bus too. 

Republicans, Foreign Policy Experts Condemn Trump’s Decision To Abandon Kurds
    Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina called it “a stain on America’s honor.”

President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw support for Kurdish allies in northern Syria ahead of Turkey’s planned invasion of the region drew forceful backlash from both Republicans and Democrats, as well as foreign policy experts.

The Kurds lead the Syrian Democratic Forces, the main ally to the U.S. in fighting the self-described Islamic State in Syria. Turkey has long wanted the U.S. to end its support for the Kurds, an ethnic group the Turkish government views as terrorists.

The White House’s announcement Sunday to allow Turkey to invade northern Syria startled some members of Congress, who warned such a move could lead to a genocide of the Kurds and allow ISIS to creep back into the region. 

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a frequent cheerleader of the president, split with Trump on his Syria decision, calling it “shortsighted” and “irresponsible” during a phone interview with “Fox & Friends” on Monday.

continued at
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/reactions-to-trumps-syria-kurds-turkey-decision_n_5d9b36f6e4b0fc935eddb9c9

P.S. We don't gossip about other members here. Thanks.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Kat said:
    I'm thinking some of them noticed Rick Perry under that bus too. 

Republicans, Foreign Policy Experts Condemn Trump’s Decision To Abandon Kurds
    Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina called it “a stain on America’s honor.”

President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw support for Kurdish allies in northern Syria ahead of Turkey’s planned invasion of the region drew forceful backlash from both Republicans and Democrats, as well as foreign policy experts.

The Kurds lead the Syrian Democratic Forces, the main ally to the U.S. in fighting the self-described Islamic State in Syria. Turkey has long wanted the U.S. to end its support for the Kurds, an ethnic group the Turkish government views as terrorists.

The White House’s announcement Sunday to allow Turkey to invade northern Syria startled some members of Congress, who warned such a move could lead to a genocide of the Kurds and allow ISIS to creep back into the region. 

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a frequent cheerleader of the president, split with Trump on his Syria decision, calling it “shortsighted” and “irresponsible” during a phone interview with “Fox & Friends” on Monday.

continued at
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/reactions-to-trumps-syria-kurds-turkey-decision_n_5d9b36f6e4b0fc935eddb9c9

P.S. We don't gossip about other members here. Thanks.
    America’s honor left the day the Baffoon family walked into the WH and pee boy Graham has been licking Baffoon balls since that day ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    ikiT said:
    i checked. he has the "banned" banner on her profile. 
    I hate the banning.  Even for him.  
    I hate banning too, but how else do you deal with someone where the posts are 80% incendiary?  At some point enough is enough.  It's funny but your row was at the low end of the spectrum.  Hopefully it's just temporary.  I'm a huge fan of disagreements/argu,emts on these boards, but they should be rooted differently than they have been.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Ugh. I cannot say you're wrong but it's an all-ages forum. :( . Thanks.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    if you want you can follow the young man on IG. 

ryderup 

He's not a troublemaker over there.

https://youtu.be/0LSGvziX_6Y
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Now Perry is saying he isn't resigning.  Was that just a tRump plant?  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Whenever someone from the Party of Trump rebukes, I temper my expectations about what that really might mean.  That stuff usually blows over.  I think they know what Trump is and want to put out a couple off "right side of history" tweets for posterity. That said, I think Lindsay's past the point of no return.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.