Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    By allowing trump to take over the party and falling in line behind him, it really seems like this is a case where the Republicans were thinking very short-term and "won the battle but lost the war".

Totally agree with this. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    By allowing trump to take over the party and falling in line behind him, it really seems like this is a case where the Republicans were thinking very short-term and "won the battle but lost the war".

I'd argue they're winning the war, though.  I think this is where social media was bound to help lead us. They want liberals to lose; even if it means they and/or their country lose.  And by "they" I mean conservative America.  The GOP members of congress?  I am sure some of them know they're selling their souls...but they did not fall in line to win a battle, they fell in line because their party's rank-and-file thinks Trump walks on water (or in other words, to keep their jobs).  Justin Amash must have hit a point where his conscience could not take it.  That's 1.  And his political career is over, now.  He's a cautionary tale to the rest of the GOP, now.

They're owning the libs.  And that's winning the war.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688

he exposed whats been under the surface all along.  While some peogress has been made in this country, we arent as far along as we thought or have been told. Although minorities have been virtually screaming about the way things actually are in practice , collectively we seem to not believe it......

As for GOP, it really smacks of desperation. Although if memory serves, it sorta aligns with action taken over the years, usually subtly but more overt now.

meanwhile capitalism is selling us a perversion of how life should be. buy buy buy. consume consume consume.

Does anyone think the stuff made today, with decent care, will last as long as some of the stuff from 50 or more years ago? Stuff still in service.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    OnWis97 said:

I'd argue they're winning the war, though.  I think this is where social media was bound to help lead us. They want liberals to lose; even if it means they and/or their country lose.  And by "they" I mean conservative America.  The GOP members of congress?  I am sure some of them know they're selling their souls...but they did not fall in line to win a battle, they fell in line because their party's rank-and-file thinks Trump walks on water (or in other words, to keep their jobs).  Justin Amash must have hit a point where his conscience could not take it.  That's 1.  And his political career is over, now.  He's a cautionary tale to the rest of the GOP, now.

You could be right, but I think you are wrong.  I think this will result in the GOP being less influential in 20 years.  But who knows.  I've been wrong about plenty of things!!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    OnWis97 said:

Yeah many of them have sold their souls. That Lindsey Graham video I posted above tells ya all you need to know about him. But Ted Cruz is the same. Is conservatism beating liberalism so important that this guy would bow down to Trump even though Trump suggested Cruz's father helped murder JFK? I just don't get how these guys are so spineless that they can't be critical of Trump. Are they worried about losing their next election? Then so be it. At least they'd have their self-respect. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Yeah many of them have sold their souls. That Lindsey Graham video I posted above tells ya all you need to know about him. But Ted Cruz is the same. Is conservatism beating liberalism so important that this guy would bow down to Trump even though Trump suggested Cruz's father helped murder JFK? I just don't get how these guys are so spineless that they can't be critical of Trump. Are they worried about losing their next election? Then so be it. At least they'd have their self-respect. 
    apparently a lifetime goverment pension helps to sleep at night...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    You should thank him for this.
    OAC and Pelosi and at the dems were all just squabbling away.  He should have sat back and watched it boil.  But he stopped the inner fighting on a dime and got that off the front pages.  He stupidly is doing you a favor.  I don't condone what he said 1iota.
    This was as bad as Hillary's deplorable comment, and if he would say such a thing 4 weeks before an election it might really tip the scale.  I don't defend him when he says/does shit like this.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,626
    RYME said:
    OAC and Pelosi and at the dems were all just squabbling away.  He should have sat back and watched it boil.  But he stopped the inner fighting on a dime and got that off the front pages.  He stupidly is doing you a favor.  I don't condone what he said 1iota.
    This was as bad as Hillary's deplorable comment, and if he would say such a thing 4 weeks before an election it might really tip the scale.  I don't defend him when he says/does shit like this.
    exactly.. this was a gift from Trump and allowed the Dems to remember who they are fighting.  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RYME said:
    This is a good thing to see right here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited July 2019
    RYME said:
    If pussy-grabbing and his racist baiting before the former election couldn't tip you to the right side of the scale, I doubt this will would matter to most voters. 

There's enough racists who nods with what he says, and others who are indifferent and those who are maybe not racists but don't want women to take up space.

I don't think Trump will be re-elected. But I don't think this would have mattered whenever this came in relation to an election.

And I doubt it matters to you?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    exactly.. this was a gift from Trump and allowed the Dems to remember who they are fighting.  
      dumb luck for Dems he cant stand not being center of attention....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
      dumb luck for Dems he cant stand not being center of attention....
    Ha!  Well that's probably true, although I'm not sure that it's dumb luck, because you can always count on Trump to double down.  
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

This isn't even about him anymore.  He is 100% reflective of the dominant party and, frankly, is a reflection of what we are.  That it's even possible (and, come on, it's probable) that he's going to win again, is all you need to know about America.  

It's not about Trump.  It's about us.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. His heart sank as he thought of the enormous power arrayed against him, the ease with which any Party intellectual would overthrow him in debate, the subtle arguments which he would not be able to understand, much less answer. And yet he was in the right! They were wrong and he was right. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    RYME said:
    But you would still pull the lever for him ? What else can he do for supporters like yourself to cast him aside , he’s already been accused of rape/sexual abuse by multiple women and now he’s showed the nation his racist streak again ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    CM189191 said:

International laws being BROKEN with Gestapo tactics.   
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

This isn't even about him anymore.  He is 100% reflective of the dominant party and, frankly, is a reflection of what we are.  That it's even possible (and, come on, it's probable) that he's going to win again, is all you need to know about America.  

Defeatist NONSENSE.  This is ALL ABOUT HIM.  He's a piece of shit.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2019
    I love bad lip reading vids - I always look forward to new ones - they crack me up! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Breaking news......the currently elected president (who some on here proudly voted for) is a racist, xenophobic, piece of shite.....

@RYME still team trump?
    None of his supporters will even bat an eye about this as long as the economy is doing well !
    Well for whom?? That's the thing. The so-called healthy economy is absolutely horrible for a massive swath of the population. That tells me that the economy actually has little to nothing to do with the support of Trump's base. They would support him if the economy bombed too IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    ikiT said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

He is absolutely a piece of shit.

But it says something about us that he is our president.  And even more that he's probably going to be re-elected.  He reflects America more than we want to admit.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Has anyone read this?
    Forgive me if it's nestled in these pages somewhere.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/us/politics/trump-go-back-tweet-racism.html
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    If pussy-grabbing and his racist baiting before the former election couldn't tip you to the right side of the scale, I doubt this will would matter to most voters. 

There's enough racists who nods with what he says, and others who are indifferent and those who are maybe not racists but don't want women to take up space.

I don't think Trump will be re-elected. But I don't think this would have mattered whenever this came in relation to an election.

Oddly enough,,
    He didn't mention race, he didn't mention color or people of color or gender.
    None of the cliches were actually mentioned.  I don't think Trump gives a damn about race. But the way he messages things can sure open the conversation again.
    Could it be that he doesn't want the Democrats divided as they were doing to themselves?
    He prefers the more moderate Pelosi be lumped in with the more socialist minded AOC crowd which would not bode well for them electorally.
    AOC is one of the most recognizable people on the left amongst swing voters. Most swing voters aren't on board with all-out Green Deal politics that she was forcing Pelosi and Co to talk about about 22% support amongst swing voters. So could it be that he does not want them dividing themselves as they were?  So he says something inflammatory ( which is what pisses me off I often do not like what he tweets) but the stragity  might just be to get the focus off of the in fighting and back onto Trump versus the left rather than left vs left.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    ikiT said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

But it says something about us that he is our president.  And even more that he's probably going to be re-elected.  He reflects America more than we want to admit.  
    He doesn't reflect the people I know, I work with, I associate with.  Obviously there are people in the US that like this, but I'm not willing to be grouped into that basket of deplorables.  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    ikiT said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

Haha. You gotta stop it with this "he's probably going to be re-elected" nonsense. There's no metric to show that. If anything, he's more likely than most other incumbents to lose re-election.The fact that this is the case with the economy the way it is speaks to how severely disliked he is among most Americans. 

He has one the lowest job approvals in recorded history. But, more importantly:
    He's underwater big time in the states he needs to win: 
    https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/
    -3 net approval in Florida
    -9 net approval in Pennsylvania
    -15 net approval in Michigan
    -7 net approval in Ohio
    -14 net approval in Wisconsin
    -3 net approval in South Carolina
    Heck, Texas and Georgia might even be in play at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Oddly enough,,
    None of the cliches were actually mentioned.  I don't think Trump gives a damn about race. But the way he messages things can sure open the conversation again.
    Could it be that he doesn't want the Democrats divided as they were doing to themselves?
    He prefers the more moderate Pelosi be lumped in with the more socialist minded AOC crowd which would not bode well for them electorally.
    AOC is one of the most recognizable people on the left amongst swing voters. Most swing voters aren't on board with all-out Green Deal politics that she was forcing Pelosi and Co to talk about about 22% support amongst swing voters. So could it be that he does not want them dividing themselves as they were?  So he says something inflammatory ( which is what pisses me off I often do not like what he tweets) but the stragity  might just be to get the focus off of the in fighting and back onto Trump versus the left rather than left vs left.
    Concerning the bolded part, no, I don't think that's the case. He's just too dumb to keep his big mouth shut. If he really wanted to get on the case of AOC's "squad," he would have been better off just criticizing them for their disrespect of Pelosi and left it at that. This way, he sorta/kinda/maybe looks like a president by showing respect to his political rival, the long-tenured Pelosi. But nope, he found a way to sound like a racist AND an idiot. If he insists on playing the "go back to your own country" stuff, that's his problem. But at least do a quick google search and learn that AOC was born like 30 minutes away from where he was. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Oddly enough,,
    Concerning the bolded part, no, I don't think that's the case. He's just too dumb to keep his big mouth shut. If he really wanted to get on the case of AOC's "squad," he would have been better off just criticizing them for their disrespect of Pelosi and left it at that. This way, he sorta/kinda/maybe looks like a president by showing respect to his political rival, the long-tenured Pelosi. But nope, he found a way to sound like a racist AND an idiot. If he insists on playing the "go back to your own country" stuff, that's his problem. But at least do a quick google search and learn that AOC was born like 30 minutes away from where he was. 
    Totally agree. He actually started with the showing respect for Pelosi route late last week and i was arguing with my brothers that Trump is playing his hand perfectly and the democrats were doing what the do best: finding a way to lose.

Then on Sunday morning he took a giant shit over that strategy and handed the dems a huge way out of a jam. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    OnWis97 said:
    ikiT said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

Haha. You gotta stop it with this "he's probably going to be re-elected" nonsense. There's no metric to show that. If anything, he's more likely than most other incumbents to lose re-election.The fact that this is the case with the economy the way it is speaks to how severely disliked he is among most Americans. 

-7 net approval in Ohio
    If the economy is still reveling then he gets re-elected, yes.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    ikiT said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump is what Trump is.

-7 net approval in Ohio
    If the economy is still reveling then he gets re-elected, yes.
    That is a big if at this point...and if the election was held today he'd probably lose. Those numbers above are fucking horrible for him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Oddly enough,,
    Totally agree. He actually started with the showing respect for Pelosi route late last week and i was arguing with my brothers that Trump is playing his hand perfectly and the democrats were doing what the do best: finding a way to lose.

Then on Sunday morning he took a giant shit over that strategy and handed the dems a huge way out of a jam. 
    He certainly did that..  it was a political gift, to be honest, as horrible as it was. 
This discussion has been closed.