Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    mcgruff10 said:
    View image on Twitter
    I had to dig deep in a few books I read back in college but I finally found it.  I think this is when GW took over Newark airport.  I almost wrote my senior thesis on these series of battles but passed on it for something World War 2 related.  
    lol 😂 your on a roll today ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913
    so. he apparently has tweeted the teleprompters went out. but he knew the speech, so......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,773
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    edited July 2019
    Nobody noticed from the speech that he also thinks Alexander Graham Bell was American?

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited July 2019
    “Our quest for greatness unleashed a culture of discovery that led Thomas Edison to imagine his lightbulb, Alexander Graham Bell to create the telephone, the Wright Brothers to look to the sky and see the next great frontier,” Trump said Thursday.

If this quote is accurate from the speech, Trump never said he was a US Citizen

Yes, Bell lived in Brantford, Ontario (and died in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia) but he showcased his telephone invention at the first World’s Fair in Philadelphia – the Centennial International Exhibition of 1876 – had the invention patented in the U.S., but did not become an America citizen until 1882.

I have never read that he was a Canadian citizen, he was living in Canada as a British Subject.

He's an interesting read.  He seemed to do work in both countries. 

After that is Trumps quote, then I see it more as him promoting the free market economy that helped these inventions along.

I cannot believe how many news articles filled the Canadian papers.  Canadians must have an inferiority complex or a very slow news day...

Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nobody noticed from the speech that he also thinks Alexander Graham Bell was American?

naturalized in 1882.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

naturalized in 1882.....
    It was a very, very slow news day in Canada.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

naturalized in 1882.....
    Just wait Kahwi Leonard announces hes staying in Toronto, that goes sure bring some action news. Forgive me but I'm sure I butchered his name.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Loving these war memes lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    How about this letter from the battlefield.....

My dearest Kate, I must tell you of our latest triumph in our war for independence. Though outnumbered by the redcoats, General Washington was adamant that at dawn we charge the concourse by gate 12, the one nearest Spirit Airlines, sadly we had to pull back all the way to the Southwest gates. There I saw my best friend James die of a gunshot wound. Oh the humanity! But by noon we were triumphant! I feel this war will be coming to a close soon as we now control JFK and LaGuardia. Ever your love, Thomas.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,566
    #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories
  • Options
    g under p said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

naturalized in 1882.....
    Just wait Kahwi Leonard announces hes staying in Toronto, that goes sure bring some action news. Forgive me but I'm sure I butchered his name.

Peace
    Gone to LA 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Loving these war memes lol
    where we are...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,118
    mickeyrat said:

Haha. Impossible to not read it in his voice.

(Only seen season 1 and the Spielberg-produced movie. Need to watch the rest of the original seasons.)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    edited July 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

naturalized in 1882.....
    Speak for yourself. The west coast was and is consumed by earthquake news.
    (But Bell was Scottish-Canadian, and invented the phone in Canada in the 1870s)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/26/politics/otto-warmbier-family-lawsuit-north-korea/index.html
    Someone should send this to Baffoon as he praises the piece of shit Korean !
  • Options
    I think NK might be softening on westerners being arrested.  They arrested Australian and said he was spying but was released and deported.  But agian...personal responsibility.  You enter that shithole and get arrested...sucks to be you.

Like NK is going to pay if they lose a lawsuit...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

naturalized in 1882.....
    He was never a Canadian citizen.  He was an American citizen.  

The invention of the telephone
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_of_the_telephone

Many hands were involved in the invention of the telephone...and many lawsuits as well.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I think NK might be softening on westerners being arrested.  They arrested Australian and said he was spying but was released and deported.  But agian...personal responsibility.  You enter that shithole and get arrested...sucks to be you.

You always find faults in the victims, I agree with your point if you enter a dangerous situation it’s on you but he didn’t deserve to die at their hands just like the immigrants that have perished at the border ..
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

You always find faults in the victims, I agree with your point if you enter a dangerous situation it’s on you but he didn’t deserve to die at their hands just like the immigrants that have perished at the border ..
    I think the migrant situation is different.  They are trying for a better life.  I will never blame anyone for that.  I don't quite understand why Otto went to NK. If he was trying to be a mission or proselytizing,  there are plenty of places in the world to make a difference. 
  • Options

It called be responsible.  They are not victims.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    People don't deserve to die when they base jump.  Easily prevented by not base jumping.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

naturalized in 1882.....
    citations....

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,118

It called be responsible.  They are not victims.  
    So you are saying the Otto guy was not a victim, and therefore NK is not to blame for his death? Without a victim there can be no crime.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:

I think the migrant situation is different.  They are trying for a better life.  I will never blame anyone for that.  I don't quite understand why Otto went to NK. If he was trying to be a mission or proselytizing,  there are plenty of places in the world to make a difference. 
    He was going to study abroad in Hong Kong. China has Pioneer Groups that visit North Korea essentially at the one International Hotel - he went for a 5 day trip over New Year's (where people essentially drank) on his way to Hong Kong. He was arrested either at the airport or on the plane. He was Jewish, but his parents didn't want to dispute his confession out of fear. He was there to party on his way to study abroad. All the other Americans lived. 

Blaming a 22 year old for dying for ALLEGEDLY stealing a poster is heartless. 

• Options
    No blaming anyone for dying.  

But if you do something dumb like going to NK and stealing a poster (something as petty as that) can carry serious repercussions.  Are the laws unjust in NK...of course they are...and if you are taking that risk...if things turn out bad, that was the risk you choose.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

He was going to study abroad in Hong Kong. China has Pioneer Groups that visit North Korea essentially at the one International Hotel - he went for a 5 day trip over New Year's (where people essentially drank) on his way to Hong Kong. He was arrested either at the airport or on the plane. He was Jewish, but his parents didn't want to dispute his confession out of fear. He was there to party on his way to study abroad. All the other Americans lived. 

Blaming a 22 year old for dying for ALLEGEDLY stealing a poster is heartless. 

Ok.  I thought he had gone there for mission,  not on a school thing.  A person should consider themselves reasonably secure.  Do you know why he was targeted?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    No blaming anyone for dying.  

But if you do something dumb like going to NK and stealing a poster (something as petty as that) can carry serious repercussions.  Are the laws unjust in NK...of course they are...and if you are taking that risk...if things turn out bad, that was the risk you choose.
    No blaming anyone for being raped.

But if you do something like walk around late at night in jeans and a sweater (something as modest as that) can carry serious repercussions.  Are rapists bad...of course they are...and if you are taking that risk...if things turn out bad, that was the risk you choose.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.