Donald Trump

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He looks pretty tough.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Why the shortage of confidence?  I don't get D's.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jesus Christ, even my five year old knew this was wrong.  (What a fucking idiot Trump is)
    I'm a tad late to this latest bashing, but he obviously meant the moon is part of the mission to get to mars permanently. 

is there not enough real shit to criticize?
    Whar makes you think that you know what he means? He says stuff that doesn’t make any logical sense all the time. Why try to explain it away?
    after reading about NASA's plans, it seems pretty obvious to me. yes, he says shit all the time that makes no sense. But in a 280 character limit, sometimes it's worth thinking about before jumping on the "fucking idiot" train, just because most of the time he is. 

you can't tell me you HONESTLY believe that he honestly believes the moon is part of mars, can you?
    I don't honestly know. If he doesn't have a script, he is often unintelligible. And remember, he thinks windmill noise causes cancer, that windmills are bird kill zones, that if the wind isn't blowing you can't watch TV, that with solar energy if the sun isn't shining you can't watch TV, and that weather and climate are the same thing. When it comes to science, I have no idea what his level of understanding of any of it is, except that it isn't sufficient for his position. So again, to answer your question, I honestly wouldn't know if he believes the moon is part of mars or not.
    This is a good point.  You definitely cannot give him the benefit of 'common sense'.  His whole theory of your body being a battery is enough to discourage any assumptions.  
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    edited June 2019
    I intentionally don't focus on things like weight, hair, etc. for those reasons...it seems petty and gets conversations sidetracked.  After all, the dude is in his 70s and probably doesn't look worse than the average guy his age...even if some of his techniques for not looking old (orange / combover) are kinda funny.  Folks are looking to pounce on anything and if I call him "the orange one" I must not have anything of substance...

...that said, sometimes you have to laugh...the TP on the shoe, for example. If I don't laugh at this clown, I'll cry.

Trump can't laugh at himself...other presidents in my memory could.  That, along with the extreme level of devotion we're seeing from supporters, makes mocking him pretty fruitless.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jesus Christ, even my five year old knew this was wrong.  (What a fucking idiot Trump is)
    I'm a tad late to this latest bashing, but he obviously meant the moon is part of the mission to get to mars permanently. 

Whar makes you think that you know what he means? He says stuff that doesn’t make any logical sense all the time. Why try to explain it away?
    after reading about NASA's plans, it seems pretty obvious to me. yes, he says shit all the time that makes no sense. But in a 280 character limit, sometimes it's worth thinking about before jumping on the "fucking idiot" train, just because most of the time he is. 

you can't tell me you HONESTLY believe that he honestly believes the moon is part of mars, can you?
    I don't honestly know. If he doesn't have a script, he is often unintelligible. And remember, he thinks windmill noise causes cancer, that windmills are bird kill zones, that if the wind isn't blowing you can't watch TV, that with solar energy if the sun isn't shining you can't watch TV, and that weather and climate are the same thing. When it comes to science, I have no idea what his level of understanding of any of it is, except that it isn't sufficient for his position. So again, to answer your question, I honestly wouldn't know if he believes the moon is part of mars or not.
    This is a good point.  You definitely cannot give him the benefit of 'common sense'.  His whole theory of your body being a battery is enough to discourage any assumptions.  
    people are legitimately debating whether Trump believes the moon is part of mars. 

now I've seen everything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

No shit...the so called leader of the free world has the grammar of a fifth grader.  
    so you think he actually meant to say the moon is part of mars? yes, it's unbecoming of POTUS to speak in these terms, but come on. complain about something worthwhile. 
    No I think he should be able to get his point across clearly.  He can't....he's a fucking idiot
    Pretty sure I knew what he meant.  So I guess he got it across to someone.  
    Yes you trumpsters have your own language.  And view of the world.
    you think cincy is a trumpster? LOL

I guess anyone who doesn't instinctively insult the guy is a supporter. 
    Yes...that's correct
    I guess you get points for honesty. 

what this says to me is that many on the left are ok with becoming the same as hannity, just on the other side. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mcgruff10 said:

No shit...the so called leader of the free world has the grammar of a fifth grader.  
    so you think he actually meant to say the moon is part of mars? yes, it's unbecoming of POTUS to speak in these terms, but come on. complain about something worthwhile. 
    No I think he should be able to get his point across clearly.  He can't....he's a fucking idiot

Yes...that's correct

what this says to me is that many on the left are ok with becoming the same as hannity, just on the other side. 
    So, what is the "left" version of Trump in that case then?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:

people are legitimately debating whether Trump believes the moon is part of mars. 

My criticism is that the message is 180 degrees from his last one, extolling the moon missions.  I have no idea what he knows and doesn't know.  He probably knows the moon and mars are different parts of the universe.  But I would have thought that he knew that exercise doesn't decrease your life span too...but he doesn't.  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My criticism is that the message is 180 degrees from his last one, extolling the moon missions.  I have no idea what he knows and doesn't know.  He probably knows the moon and mars are different parts of the universe.  But I would have thought that he knew that exercise doesn't decrease your life span too...but he doesn't.  
    Lol what did he say about exercise? Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just love when the Don talks, pretty much about anything at all!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:

At least 2 more years of Trump...you will say this a lot with Trump as president.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mcgruff10 said:

Shocking. Someone labeling another a trumpster when you don’t find something about him to be worthy of ridicule. I’m really shocked. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:

covfefe
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    No man....please tell us you are joking

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    His hard core supporters are definitely the equivalent of Trump supporters.  I don't think Bernie is a pathological liar though.  I disagree with him on a host of subjects and his positions actually converge with some of Trumps though.  So I get why you say this.  But the lying...
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol what did he say about exercise? Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just love when the Don talks, pretty much about anything at all!
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/15/politics/donald-trump-exercise/index.html

Maybe there's some conjecture, but I think you have to follow some links to the original source..

After college, after Trump mostly gave up his personal athletic interests, he came to view time spent playing sports as time wasted. Trump believed the human body was like a battery, with a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depleted. So he didn't work out. When he learned that John O'Donnell, one of his top casino executives, was training for an Ironman triathlon, he admonished him, "You are going to die young because of this."
    And then there was this from a 2015 New York Times magazine profile of Trump:
    Trump said he was not following any special diet or exercise regimen for the campaign. '''All my friends who work out all the time, they're going for knee replacements, hip replacements — they're a disaster,'' he said. He exerts himself fully by standing in front of an audience for an hour, as he just did. 'That's exercise.'"

mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    This is just dishonest.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    His hard core supporters are definitely the equivalent of Trump supporters.  I don't think Bernie is a pathological liar though.  I disagree with him on a host of subjects and his positions actually converge with some of Trumps though.  So I get why you say this.  But the lying...
    People wanting the US to be a good country, for all. 

VS

Right winged backwards racists, alt righters and dumb-dumb-dumb knuckleheads. 

Would not say it's an equivalent. 

Saying the supporters are in any way 
    equivalent, is pretty much saying a version this:

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited June 2019
    Testimony from today on video.
    John Dean: Mueller Report Is To Trump What Watergate Report Was To Nixon
    Robert Mueller “has provided this committee with a road map,” the former Nixon White House counsel testified before the House Judiciary Committee.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-dean-testimony-trump-mueller-report_n_5cfea16ee4b02ee3477b2e7d

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 

VS

Saying the supporters are in any way equivalent, is pretty much saying a version this:

This is far too complicated of an argument for you to grasp.  You have to have much more than just the rudimentary understanding of the US political scene that you possess.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    Yeah it's the closet I could get.  There is no one like trump full on.  More about his populist message, the crazy supporters, and him rallying them against an evil target....the rich.

hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    No man....please tell us you are joking
    Partially joking...but there are some similarities.  But no one is like trump really.
    hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    This is just dishonest.
    Don't call me a liar, that's against the posting guidelines
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 
    Yeah it's the closet I could get.  There is no one like trump full on.  More about his populist message, the crazy supporters, and him rallying them against an evil target....the rich.

The way Sanders' hard core supporters treated any supporter of a different candidate (in 16 and today) is also similar to the Trump supporters.  Trump has been unable to grow his coalition.  Sanders has the same problem.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 

VS

Saying the supporters are in any way equivalent, is pretty much saying a version this:

This is far too complicated of an argument for you to grasp.  You have to have much more than just the rudimentary understanding of the US political scene that you possess.  
    I doubt that.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes...that's correct

Bernie Sanders 

VS

I doubt that.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.
    shoosh please.  Thanks.  
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines

The Ten Club Community forum is an all-ages, topical and moderated forum. We'll be talking about Pearl Jam's music, new albums and tours and all Pearl Jam and Ten Club activities. Most of all...please be kind and take care of each other and we hope you have lots of FUN!!

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    hahahaha but trump's a fat ass
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited June 2019
    hahahaha but trump's a fat ass
    no idea why my image won't save so fuck it
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I think they mean to say “to the other forum members” . This is a Donald Trump thread and it makes sense people would comment on Donald Trump on many different levels. I can understand there’s a line you can cross as well. I mean when the President actively campaigns with a bucket of fried chicken it’s only natural we would also talk about his fat ass. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

This discussion has been closed.