dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    Evil is not too strong a word any longer.

Yes it is. As a moderator you should at a minimum know that.
    Oh please. What, is it beyond your scope of perception to understand that the POTUS could be evil?? It's not like it's beyond the realm of reason, and all evidence points towards it. Also, I'm pretty sure moderators are allowed to have opinions too.
    After today of all days are you still ok with using the term "evil"? It is that kind of talk that leads stupid people to do violent things in the name of justice. 
    Yes, I'm still okay with calling evil people evil. Nothing will ever change that. So I gather from your question that you think people should ignore evil or pretend it isn't there in order to pander to insane people so that they don't go on a shooting rampage? You act as though I (and Kat I suppose) are using the word evil as hyperbole. I don't know about Kat, but I wasn't. I think it is fucking ludicrous that you think people calling a spade a spade is to blame for a terrorist attack, lol.
    At least you're honest about it...but sorry...that line of speaking is responsible and you are a contributor to the cesspool that radicalized this man. When someone is "evil" or "parallel hitler" then it becomes very easy for a normal person to act violently to stop that "evil".
    That is ridiculous.
    What was his 10C #? Did I move up in the lottery?
    Haha, post of the day.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Reminds me of the left vs. right in the media.  Yes Rachel Maddow is left, but uses facts and reason in her discourse.  The right has pick your nut.  Jones?  Hannity?  Beck?  Breitbart? etc.  They use neither facts or reason and their lapdogs suck it up.  Yet right thinks that makes it equal...

They are not comparable. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited June 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    Evil is not too strong a word any longer.

Yes it is. As a moderator you should at a minimum know that.
    Oh please. What, is it beyond your scope of perception to understand that the POTUS could be evil?? It's not like it's beyond the realm of reason, and all evidence points towards it. Also, I'm pretty sure moderators are allowed to have opinions too.
    After today of all days are you still ok with using the term "evil"? It is that kind of talk that leads stupid people to do violent things in the name of justice. 
    Yes, I'm still okay with calling evil people evil. Nothing will ever change that. So I gather from your question that you think people should ignore evil or pretend it isn't there in order to pander to insane people so that they don't go on a shooting rampage? You act as though I (and Kat I suppose) are using the word evil as hyperbole. I don't know about Kat, but I wasn't. I think it is fucking ludicrous that you think people calling a spade a spade is to blame for a terrorist attack, lol.
    It wasn't hyperbole with me either. I was very specific about the straw that made me decide he was evil. Anyone who victimizes children is nothing less in my humble opinion. This is my previous post on the topic and I'll repost it anytime it's necessary because it says it all. Oh, and anyone who thinks it's ok to take a gun after people who are evil has mental health issues, another reason for the government to stop screwing with health care so people can get the help they need. 

Previous post from page 115: Repeating the above: Donald Trump cut off medical funds to nephew's sick baby because he was 'angry' over family feud

Let's get the context in here on why I think our president is evil. This isn't the only reason but it was the straw for me. Anyone who victimizes children is EVIL....completely freaking evil -- and that's how I feel and will always feel. 

Feel free to defend what you like...discussion is a good thing but I find this indefensible...imho. Now have a beautiful day.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    Gtilley8 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Please show me the liberal version of the truthers and the birthers claiming the Scalise shooting was a right wing false flag event to take the news cycle off of Trump and/or get the repubs to finally go along with the Dems to seize your guns. The shooter? He doesn't exist as he's not in the phone book.
    N
    The point I made is that the left is becoming intolerant too. You've made this about the leaders and elected officials and your arguments center around it.   That's not what I said.  For the left, the intolerance starts at the grass roots and it is starting to impose its own purity tests.  You saw it here for yourself with the intolerance of Free before he got banned.  That mindset is growing and it risks alienating the moderates in the party. Go to Huffington and read the article entitled "Bill Maher is s dangerous white man". 
    The left has been intolerant.  Both fringes have been for a while and continue to get worse.
    The left is intolerant of going back to 1950's social values. Intolerant of making or enforcing laws regarding religions except for the freedom one gets to worship whatever they please, or nothing at all - and you don't get to impose your views based on those religions in the form of law no matter how much you hate abortion or LGBTs or whatever. And pretty damn intolerant of people who spew hatred or advocate for the two things listed. Riots, and violence aren't OK. To say there's an inherent issue with the left because of what happened at Berkley, as someone mentioned before, is absolutely ridiculous. Coulter and Milo can speak whatever they want, wherever they want, but nowhere does it state they have the right to do it on a college campus. They don't have a right to not get protested against (peacefully). To say there's an inherent issue with the left because of yesterday's shooting is also stupid. That guy was a sick individual and should never have been able to own a gun given his prior record. To say there's an inherent issue with gun laws, on the other hand, is an argument worth having.
    I should have clarified. I'm taking about the extreme left and the extreme right.  And I don't include all protestors in the "extreme" category.

but the reality is that the vocal fringes of each party haven't been tolerant for a long time. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Alex Jones is entering the mainstream on the right. The man has the ear of the President, who is also a nutter. The President still has the support of the vast majority of republicans....both the leaders and voters.

It's a non-contest. The right has gone mainstream crazy. The left has nothing comparable.
     yet that doesn't make the left blameless nor does it mean that it isn't entering a dangerous period.  Just because the left has nothing comparable doesn't mean it doesn't have issues.  It does and we can't be blind to those issues.   The Berkeley situation is a perfect example.  You don't riot because you don't likeAnne Coulters message. 
    Is any talking head on the left still talking about Berkeley? It's the right that won't let it go and if the roles were reversed would be using it as a battle cry. Nothing wrong with being intolerant of intolerance, which is what Anne coulter and her ilk are about, "whites only" should be okay. Fuck that. And her.
    They aren't talking about Berkeley because they have moved on to Evergreen College.
    Please let me know when Liberty University invites the President of Planned Parenthood or a pro-choice advocate to campus and speak.
    So that's who you want to be? Like Liberty u?  AIm higher.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    REMINDER: Do not talk about other members...stick to the discussion. Post has been removed.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    Smellyman said:
    Reminds me of the left vs. right in the media.  Yes Rachel Maddow is left, but uses facts and reason in her discourse.  The right has pick your nut.  Jones?  Hannity?  Beck?  Breitbart? etc.  They use neither facts or reason and their lapdogs suck it up.  Yet right thinks that makes it equal...

They are not comparable. 
    Exactly.  Fox News has probably been the worst thing to happen to this country.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Alex Jones is entering the mainstream on the right. The man has the ear of the President, who is also a nutter. The President still has the support of the vast majority of republicans....both the leaders and voters.

It's a non-contest. The right has gone mainstream crazy. The left has nothing comparable.
     yet that doesn't make the left blameless nor does it mean that it isn't entering a dangerous period.  Just because the left has nothing comparable doesn't mean it doesn't have issues.  It does and we can't be blind to those issues.   The Berkeley situation is a perfect example.  You don't riot because you don't likeAnne Coulters message. 
    Is any talking head on the left still talking about Berkeley? It's the right that won't let it go and if the roles were reversed would be using it as a battle cry. Nothing wrong with being intolerant of intolerance, which is what Anne coulter and her ilk are about, "whites only" should be okay. Fuck that. And her.
    They aren't talking about Berkeley because they have moved on to Evergreen College.
    Please let me know when Liberty University invites the President of Planned Parenthood or a pro-choice advocate to campus and speak.
    I assume you mean other then Trump?
  • Options

MayDay10 said:
    There is certainly way too much division, and it goes both ways....  I will say though that the "Right" started it and also are the ones who have taken it too far, which is why we are here in the first place with a reality star sitting as POTUS.

There was your typical back and forth fights in the Reagan and Clinton administrations, but for the most part people worked together and so did politicians.

Bush was in office and had like an 85% approval rate on the heels of 911.  The handling of the military action, and some other gaffes such as Katrina and tanking the economy on the back of deregulation brought on a lot of justified criticism.  The Republicans couldnt even bring him out on the campaign trail.

Then Obama takes over, and Republicans felt the need to 'get even' and the criticism was there from day 1, even though, most of the time, there was nothing to criticize.  He did a pretty good job and was dignified as President, even navigating an extremely partisan and venomous Republican congress.  

Now we have Donald fucking Trump in there.  He deserves criticism.  People I know who are Republicans hated him until he got the nomination, and suddenly support him because he is on 'their team'.  I also know R's who still are true and cant stand him.  They have invented something called "fake news", which gives them license to deny any fact they please, and people buy in.  That is scary.  They deny science and progress.  They are pushing an extreme-right agenda, in the face of a "mandate" of not even winning the popular vote.  It is safe to say, most people do not want this swing in climate change, health care, planned parenthood, de-regulation, etc...  Just show a little bit of moderation.  His inauguration speech basically amounted to "neener-neener I won".  He appears to have mental illness, which is also scary.

If this were John Kasich in there, Rubio, Jeb Bush, Romney.... and people and media were acting this way, sure... it is not good.  Donald Trump is president though.  It makes our country an international disgrace.  
    I love how you gloss over Bush and Cheney being compared to Hitler...followed by McCain/Palin...followed by Romney/Ryan. Every conservative candidate since 2000 has been compared to hitler at some point, has been called a racist, has been accused of pushing granny over a cliff. This rhetoric extends down to the republican voter as well...the tea-party is labelled racist, the deplorable are labelled racist. This is done over and over again and not once do any of you demonstrate the self-awareness in realizing how destructive it is. Repealing and replacing Obamacare is not seen as an attempt to improve the system but is seen as stripping health care away and the literal killing of people. People who want to debate science are accused of "denying science"...the word denier is specifically chosen to compare it to holocaust denial which is understood to be an ultimate evil. Everything you have written is absolute nonsense and you really need to look in the mirror. No previous education secretary needed a 1 million dollar per month security detail but Betsy DeVos for some reason does.

https://youtu.be/ci5kBbxthtg

But who cares..."The right started it".

• Options
    Smellyman said:

They are not comparable. 
    Yes. Alternative view points must not be tolerated. Life would be so much better with only one approved news source. Just like in Russia...wait...what are we talking about?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,640
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Berkeley and Evergreen are liberal bastions. The conservative comparison I could think of was Liberty University. I would never aspire to a school that doesn't allow adult members of the opposite sex to dance or has zero tolerance for anyone LGBT. It was a comparison, not an aspiration.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:

They are not comparable. 
    Yes. Alternative view points must not be tolerated. Life would be so much better with only one approved news source. Just like in Russia...wait...what are we talking about?
    You mean like Norver Grovequist?

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/423072-RyanGOP-cuts-add-7-3-mill-children-to-13-3-mill-chldrn-already-in-extreme-poverty

The republican tax policy guru who goes after any republican that wants to raise taxes to pay for things? You mean like that alternative view point? Or the factless based, made up fantasy, misrepresented facts based alternative view point?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:
    There is certainly way too much division, and it goes both ways....  I will say though that the "Right" started it and also are the ones who have taken it too far, which is why we are here in the first place with a reality star sitting as POTUS.

There was your typical back and forth fights in the Reagan and Clinton administrations, but for the most part people worked together and so did politicians.

Bush was in office and had like an 85% approval rate on the heels of 911.  The handling of the military action, and some other gaffes such as Katrina and tanking the economy on the back of deregulation brought on a lot of justified criticism.  The Republicans couldnt even bring him out on the campaign trail.

Then Obama takes over, and Republicans felt the need to 'get even' and the criticism was there from day 1, even though, most of the time, there was nothing to criticize.  He did a pretty good job and was dignified as President, even navigating an extremely partisan and venomous Republican congress.  

Now we have Donald fucking Trump in there.  He deserves criticism.  People I know who are Republicans hated him until he got the nomination, and suddenly support him because he is on 'their team'.  I also know R's who still are true and cant stand him.  They have invented something called "fake news", which gives them license to deny any fact they please, and people buy in.  That is scary.  They deny science and progress.  They are pushing an extreme-right agenda, in the face of a "mandate" of not even winning the popular vote.  It is safe to say, most people do not want this swing in climate change, health care, planned parenthood, de-regulation, etc...  Just show a little bit of moderation.  His inauguration speech basically amounted to "neener-neener I won".  He appears to have mental illness, which is also scary.

If this were John Kasich in there, Rubio, Jeb Bush, Romney.... and people and media were acting this way, sure... it is not good.  Donald Trump is president though.  It makes our country an international disgrace.  
    I love how you gloss over Bush and Cheney being compared to Hitler...followed by McCain/Palin...followed by Romney/Ryan. Every conservative candidate since 2000 has been compared to hitler at some point, has been called a racist, has been accused of pushing granny over a cliff. This rhetoric extends down to the republican voter as well...the tea-party is labelled racist, the deplorable are labelled racist. This is done over and over again and not once do any of you demonstrate the self-awareness in realizing how destructive it is. Repealing and replacing Obamacare is not seen as an attempt to improve the system but is seen as stripping health care away and the literal killing of people. People who want to debate science are accused of "denying science"...the word denier is specifically chosen to compare it to holocaust denial which is understood to be an ultimate evil. Everything you have written is absolute nonsense and you really need to look in the mirror. No previous education secretary needed a 1 million dollar per month security detail but Betsy DeVos for some reason does.

Funny how you didn't include Obama being compared to Hitler in your treatise of how us libs are the reason for all this vitriol and are the ones that need to be careful with our words and comparisons. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Ha. You could have at least picked an example where Obama was actually compared to Hitler. In the linked example the idiot congressmen was not comparing him to Hitler...in fact it was the opposite. Dumb statement by the congressman but once again illustrating your difficulty reading. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:

They are not comparable. 
    Alternative viewpoints are fine.  Creating an alternate universe for conservatives is wrong.  That's exactly what has happened.

You have been convinced that facts are "liberal media" that should not be trusted.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:

They are not comparable. 
    Alternative viewpoints are fine.  Creating an alternate universe for conservatives is wrong.  That's exactly what has happened.

You have been convinced that facts are "liberal media" that should not be trusted.  
    No. I follow all the sources liberal/conservative/or otherwise and decide for myself what to believe. You should try it sometime. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:

They are not comparable. 

No. I follow all the sources liberal/conservative/or otherwise and decide for myself what to believe. You should try it sometime. 
    Oh my bad...so do you believe that the investigation in to whether Trump obstructed justice is justified?

• Options
    BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:

Didn't Trump's son just say (a few days ago) that democrats criticizing his dad weren't even human?

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    Ha. You could have at least picked an example where Obama was actually compared to Hitler. In the linked example the idiot congressmen was not comparing him to Hitler...in fact it was the opposite. Dumb statement by the congressman but once again illustrating your difficulty reading. 
    So, if that's how you took it, why did the congressman apologize. And yet you condemn a fellow poster for using the term "evil" to describe Trump and write about how using the term "denier" as it relates to climate change or climate science denial is toxic to the discourse and as such libs bear responsibility for the shooting yesterday but so quickly dismiss a repubs same tactic. Who needs to look in the mirror again?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Berkeley and Evergreen are liberal bastions. The conservative comparison I could think of was Liberty University. I would never aspire to a school that doesn't allow adult members of the opposite sex to dance or has zero tolerance for anyone LGBT. It was a comparison, not an aspiration.
    Yeah I just get tired of everyone always deflecting an saying....remember when Side A didn't care back in 1999? Instead of dealing with the issue at hand.  

"The democrats are obstructionist" 
    "yeah, well the Republicans did it first"

Trump has really helped lower the bar and has everyone just bickering and claiming how bad the other team is whenever confronted with something their team is doing that isn't really ok.

Oh and Liberty is a private school whereas Cal Berkeley is Public.  So is Evergreen ....isnt it?  It makes a difference. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    What universities are considered conservative?  Liberty U?  Is there really a comparison?

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:

They are not comparable. 

Oh my bad...so do you believe that the investigation in to whether Trump obstructed justice is justified?
    Hmmm. I have two problems with the question. First...is obstruction of justice by Trump actually being investigated? The Washington Post via unnamed sources says so but who knows if that is true or to what extent. It could be another leak generated to make things look worse then they actually appear (As Comey testified with respect to leaks to the New York Times). Two...the word "justified"...based on public evidence available so far no I do not believe that if obstruction is being investigated that it is "justified. Now it is possible that there is evidence we do not know that "justifies" that type of investigation but I haven't seen it yet. Is Trump's "hope" comment with respect to Flynn really going to be the evidence Mueller hangs his hat on? Also "If" no actually crime has been committed then what justice has actually been obstructed? The colIusion charge seems to have already gone out the window. What is being obstructed? My thoughts don't really matter though...I don't believe charging Scooter Libby for Richard Armitage's big mouth was "justified" yet it still happened. Does this answer suggest I live in an alternative conservative universe? It seems to stick to publicly available evidence we all share. 
  • Options

BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:

Didn't Trump's son just say (a few days ago) that democrats criticizing his dad weren't even human?
    Yeah. He was wrong to say that. The shooter was clearly human. Not even mentally ill. Just a normal member of the #resistance. 
  • Options

BS44325 said:
    So, if that's how you took it, why did the congressman apologize. And yet you condemn a fellow poster for using the term "evil" to describe Trump and write about how using the term "denier" as it relates to climate change or climate science denial is toxic to the discourse and as such libs bear responsibility for the shooting yesterday but so quickly dismiss a repubs same tactic. Who needs to look in the mirror again?
    He did need to apologize. I called him an idiot. Anybody who uses "hitler" in any sentence is a moron that needs to apologize.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited June 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    He did need to apologize. I called him an idiot. Anybody who uses "hitler" in any sentence is a moron that needs to apologize.
    Hitler wasn't a cool dude.

I'm sorry, I'm a moron, I apologize for having said that.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Yeah I just get tired of everyone always deflecting an saying....remember when Side A didn't care back in 1999? Instead of dealing with the issue at hand.  

Trump has really helped lower the bar and has everyone just bickering and claiming how bad the other team is whenever confronted with something their team is doing that isn't really ok.

Oh and Liberty is a private school whereas Cal Berkeley is Public.  So is Evergreen ....isnt it?  It makes a difference. 
    Evergreen is private as well.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited June 2017
    BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:

its funny because I flipped on Rush for a minute on lunch... and he was associating the democrats with Nazi Germany, and also with Communism.  All because "they" constantly engage in Social warfare and also racial warfare and that is what those groups were made from. (He also repeated these points 3 or 4 times so they "hopefully" took root)

Im not a Democrat... but talk like this, from a mainstream host is completely inflammatory and uncalled for.  

Were mainstream people making connections between McCain and Romney and Hitler?  If so, that isnt accurate.  Palin was a cartoon character, and for some reason the told McCain to prance around like a fool and talk about being a Maverick and shaking up "Warshington".  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:

Yeah. He was wrong to say that. The shooter was clearly human. Not even mentally ill. Just a normal member of the #resistance. 
    There you go again, doing exactly what you're criticizing libs for. What's the matter, no mirrors in your house?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Evergreen is private as well.
    Evergreen is public. It is a weird, non-traditional public college in Olympia, WA. They don't give out grades (you get teacher evaluations). Their mascot is the geoduck, which seems to be appropriately weird as well.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.