Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    edited April 2019
    Sounds bogus. Why would the greatest country in the world have something as undemocratic and Soviet-like as voter suppression.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Was it racist when 9% of democratic black voters stayed home in 2016 because a black person wasn't on the ticket, handing the election to Big Don?

Why else would they stay home during the largest voter turnout ever? Oh, right, Russian hashtags 

Everyone scared to touch that one? Lol
    No, it wasn't. I think when you're thinking about racism (or sexism probably), you're failing to acknowledge the terrible inequity of power involved, both historically and currently. That inequity really really matters, and changes everything when considering what is and isn't racist (or sexist). You act like it's all a level playing field or something.
    Yeah I don't think it's racist that those black democrats didn't get out to vote in 2016 like they did in the Obama elections. But I also don't think historical inequality is a good excuse for them not getting out to vote. You noted that the playing field isn't level....and you're right. And that's all the more reason for them to get out and vote. A poor black women's vote counts the same as a rich white man's. They have to take advantage of that particular equality. 
    I'm not saying there are good reasons not to vote (although IF there is a decent reason not to, that's about the only one, seriously). I'm just saying that that particular reason for black people not to vote isn't racist.
    Ok I got you there (that it's not racist for them to not bother to vote in 2016) but I'm confused as to what the decent reason not to is that you're referencing. 
    In protest of the terrible racial inequality in politics and society, or total disengagement in the process for the same reason.
    Oh well then that I don't agree with. I think they could protest with their vote. Even if it's for some third-party candidate. 
    That is easy for white people to say. I think you're underestimating the pain and disenfranchisement and anger in involved here. It's fine and dandy to nobly uphold the principle of participating in democracy, but when it feels like all that often-touted democracy has done for you and yours is to cause suffering and injustice and rage, it's not so clear cut, right?
    So we're clear, are we still talking about the 9% of black democrats my2hands made reference to that voted in 2012 but not in 2016? Because if we are, okay, they're disenfranchised and angry because this democracy that works so well for my white ass doesn't work for them. They'll put aside their anger at this system to come out and vote for a black candidate like Obama. But they won't come out and vote for Hillary Clinton, who was appointed by Obama to SOS, endorsed by Obama to be the President, and whose polices are, for the most part, the same as Obama's? Maybe my2hands is right. That might be racist; to enthusiastically vote for Obama, but not vote for someone who is like Obama in every way except for the color of her skin. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    Was it racist when 9% of democratic black voters stayed home in 2016 because a black person wasn't on the ticket, handing the election to Big Don?

Why else would they stay home during the largest voter turnout ever? Oh, right, Russian hashtags 

Low voter turnout is weaksauce. More like racist Obama voters switched to trump in 2016: 

“A new study shows that this response isn’t as powerful as it may seem. The study, from three political scientists from around the country, takes a statistical look at a large sample of Obama-Trump switchers. It finds that these voters tended to score highly on measures of racial hostility and xenophobia — and were not especially likely to be suffering economically.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm
    Here we go again..... evil racists voted for a black guy twice, then realized they were racist and voted Trump... yeah, i call bullshit, doesnt even pass a sniff test..... 

Fact: black support for the democratic candidate fell 9% nationally between 2012-2016... even more so from 2008...

Black turnout dropped 19% in Wisconsin!!!!!! Hillary lost that state by less than 1% right?

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/study-black-voter-turnout-in-wisconsin-declined-by-nearly-one/article_d3e72e41-96a0-51fb-83ba-11dfc6693daf.html

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/11/why-black-voters-in-milwaukee-werent-enthused-by-clinton.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/many-in-milwaukee-neighborhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html

Soak in those articles my fellow AMT'ers then get back to me.....

Hillary also LOST white women in 2016 nationally....

So can we stop with the Russian memes and  bullshit forcefed narrative that sexism and white racism lost the election..... the black vote dropped fucking 19% in Wisconsin.... i'm sure someone will find a way to still blame it on Putin, or evil white people lol

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Sounds bogus. Why would the greatest country in the world have something as undemocratic and Soviet-like as voter suppression.
    I defended your other thread earlier as being non-bashing in nature because i didnt think it was, but this is just trolling bullshit and is why you get labeled such. No one in this thread is claiming to be the greatest country or saying that issues don't exist. Once your country is perfect feel free to be an arrogant jackass all the time and we'll respond accordingly, with crickets, but until then you better check yo-self.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I know its become trendy to blame white penises for everything,  but that garbage doesn't fly with me,  sorry.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    my2hands said:
    I know its become trendy to blame white penises for everything,  but that garbage doesn't fly with me,  sorry.
    Now I'm intrigued. I wonder how much can be blamed on white penises? Any polling data on that?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,654
    my2hands said:
    Putin on the ritz’s or Team Trump Treason’s?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    If Obama was white, he wouldn't have been the nominee, and he wouldn't have won

How about that for a hypothesis?
    That is just trolling.  I know it's the internet but that's literally just making shit up.
    That's what a hypothesis is, making shit up and seeing if it's true or not

I think it's true
    Because the democratic party has no history of nominating young white guys.  Got it.  I won't even try to debate because it requires suspension of reality. 

Pj soul nailed it. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

No, it wasn't. I think when you're thinking about racism (or sexism probably), you're failing to acknowledge the terrible inequity of power involved, both historically and currently. That inequity really really matters, and changes everything when considering what is and isn't racist (or sexist). You act like it's all a level playing field or something.
    Yeah I don't think it's racist that those black democrats didn't get out to vote in 2016 like they did in the Obama elections. But I also don't think historical inequality is a good excuse for them not getting out to vote. You noted that the playing field isn't level....and you're right. And that's all the more reason for them to get out and vote. A poor black women's vote counts the same as a rich white man's. They have to take advantage of that particular equality. 
    I'm not saying there are good reasons not to vote (although IF there is a decent reason not to, that's about the only one, seriously). I'm just saying that that particular reason for black people not to vote isn't racist.
    Ok I got you there (that it's not racist for them to not bother to vote in 2016) but I'm confused as to what the decent reason not to is that you're referencing. 
    In protest of the terrible racial inequality in politics and society, or total disengagement in the process for the same reason.
    Oh well then that I don't agree with. I think they could protest with their vote. Even if it's for some third-party candidate. 
    That is easy for white people to say. I think you're underestimating the pain and disenfranchisement and anger in involved here. It's fine and dandy to nobly uphold the principle of participating in democracy, but when it feels like all that often-touted democracy has done for you and yours is to cause suffering and injustice and rage, it's not so clear cut, right?
    So we're clear, are we still talking about the 9% of black democrats my2hands made reference to that voted in 2012 but not in 2016? Because if we are, okay, they're disenfranchised and angry because this democracy that works so well for my white ass doesn't work for them. They'll put aside their anger at this system to come out and vote for a black candidate like Obama. But they won't come out and vote for Hillary Clinton, who was appointed by Obama to SOS, endorsed by Obama to be the President, and whose polices are, for the most part, the same as Obama's? Maybe my2hands is right. That might be racist; to enthusiastically vote for Obama, but not vote for someone who is like Obama in every way except for the color of her skin. 
    Yes, I'm talking about them still, lol. And no, that's not racist for the reasons I already said. Also, Hillary Clinton is NOT like Obama in every except for the colour of her skin. Not even close.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Yes, I'm talking about them still, lol. And no, that's not racist for the reasons I already said. Also, Hillary Clinton is NOT like Obama in every except for the colour of her skin. Not even close.
    Okay so American politics and society have terrible racial inequality, and that 9% didn't vote in protest of that in 2016. But they did come out to vote in 2012. And fine, I'll concede that it's not racist. But it's something, right? Maybe I just can't articulate what it is (or rather not).
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,663
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Low voter turnout is weaksauce. More like racist Obama voters switched to trump in 2016: 

“A new study shows that this response isn’t as powerful as it may seem. The study, from three political scientists from around the country, takes a statistical look at a large sample of Obama-Trump switchers. It finds that these voters tended to score highly on measures of racial hostility and xenophobia — and were not especially likely to be suffering economically.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm
    Here we go again..... evil racists voted for a black guy twice, then realized they were racist and voted Trump... yeah, i call bullshit, doesnt even pass a sniff test..... 

Fact: black support for the democratic candidate fell 9% nationally between 2012-2016... even more so from 2008...

Black turnout dropped 19% in Wisconsin!!!!!! Hillary lost that state by less than 1% right?

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/study-black-voter-turnout-in-wisconsin-declined-by-nearly-one/article_d3e72e41-96a0-51fb-83ba-11dfc6693daf.html

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/11/why-black-voters-in-milwaukee-werent-enthused-by-clinton.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/many-in-milwaukee-neighborhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html

So can we stop with the Russian memes and  bullshit forcefed narrative that sexism and white racism lost the election..... the black vote dropped fucking 19% in Wisconsin.... i'm sure someone will find a way to still blame it on Putin, or evil white people lol

Now that you mention Putin, he did want trump to win. Fueling a “crooked Hillary” narrative certainly didn’t inspire high turnout. 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
  • Options
    https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/04/01/trump-health-care-reform-1247632
    Yet he wants to just take health care away from 20 million with no fucking plan to replace it in other words fuck you & your health..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GOP have had 10 fucking yrs to come up with a replacement plan of Obamacare yet all they do is bad mouth it for how bad it is yet they can’t come up with a plan of their own ..
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Now that you mention Putin, he did want trump to win. Fueling a “crooked Hillary” narrative certainly didn’t inspire high turnout. 

Lol, pretty weak rebuttal....

Black voter turnout dropped 19% in Wisconsin. Putin didn't win the election, the Democrats LOST the election

The sooner everybody starts dealing with reality, the sooner we can try and win 2020.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Black voter turnout dropped 19% in Wisconsin. Putin didn't win the election, the Democrats LOST the election

The sooner everybody starts dealing with reality, the sooner we can try and win 2020.
    Black voter turnout did not drop 19% in Wisconsin. It dropped 19% in the one zip code your posted links referenced, one of which was a paraphrase of the NYT article you posted in the same post. Stop misrepresenting facts to fit your bias. Also, love how you gloss over the references to voter suppression via new voter ID laws that were implemented by a repub governor. Just stop. LOL.

Edited to reflect “that one zip code” is District 15. I have no idea how many zip codes are in District 15 but one district does not a state make.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I agree the Muller report will come out at some point the only thing I’d question is , if it’s so good for the Baffoon and makes him so innocent why has he not just pushed it to the forefront of the news cycle? Wouldn’t he want everyone to see how exonerated he really is ? 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Black voter turnout did not drop 19% in Wisconsin. It dropped 19% in the one zip code your posted links referenced, one of which was a paraphrase of the NYT article you posted in the same post. Stop misrepresenting facts to fit your bias. Also, love how you gloss over the references to voter suppression via new voter ID laws that were implemented by a repub governor. Just stop. LOL.
    Incorrect... the article clearly states it was 19% statewide. A huge portion of the states black population lives in the Mikwaukee area so a large number of that 19% likely is from Milwaukee

Sorry I have no sympathy for adults that dont have an ID, in the 21st century that's not voter suppression, that's just being lazy. The people interviewed that didnt vote didnt say peep about not being able to vote, they said they had no interest in voting. 

Do we really need to argue whether blacks were more energized by Obama than Hillary? Lol The black guy wasnt on the ticket, and Democrats, especially the Clintons, only pander to blacks for their vote. PJ_Soul touched on it, and so did the gentelmen from the articles. And for the most part they are right.

But feel free to continue with the Putin Derangement Syndrome, it's a good look for some people lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Incorrect... the article clearly states it was 19% statewide. A huge portion of the states black population lives in the Mikwaukee area so a large number of that 19% likely is from Milwaukee

Sorry I have no sympathy for adults that dont have an ID, in the 21st century that's not voter suppression, that's just being lazy. The people interviewed that didnt vote didnt say peep about not being able to vote, they said they had no interest in voting. 

Do we really need to argue whether blacks were more energized by Obama than Hillary? Lol The black guy wasnt on the ticket, and Democrats, especially the Clintons, only pander to blacks for their vote. PJ_Soul touched on it, and so did the gentelmen from the articles. And for the most part they are right.

But feel free to continue with the Putin Derangement Syndrome, it's a good look for some people lol
    Show me where the NYT article “clearly states” it was 19% “statewide.” I couldn’t open the first article. Further, Team Trump Treason carried non-college educated white women by 2% and lost college educated by 6%. You also continue to ignore the effect of voter ID laws in that it wasn’t just a photo ID was required but that they also changed what or how residency was defined and what was required to get the ID and be on the rolls. Keep blaming a singular reason for the loss, ignoring all other factors. It’s a good look for your biases and holier than thou approach to election digestion. LOL.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Show me where the NYT article “clearly states” it was 19% “statewide.” I couldn’t open the first article. Further, Team Trump Treason carried non-college educated white women by 2% and lost college educated by 6%. You also continue to ignore the effect of voter ID laws in that it wasn’t just a photo ID was required but that they also changed what or how residency was defined and what was required to get the ID and be on the rolls. Keep blaming a singular reason for the loss, ignoring all other factors. It’s a good look for your biases and holier than thou approach to election digestion. LOL.

It's in the first article, which also discusses the voter suppression issue... that article states 19% statewide... 

I don't care if a person has a degree or not, Trump won white women, period, full stop. 

My bias is the truth
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

I wasn’t really making a rebuttal, although Clinton’s negatives were in a lot of ways manufactured. You’re not treading in dangerous untouchable ground by discussing lower black voter turnout. It get discussed in the media every election amd gets discussed in the primary season regarding which candidate appeals to whom. 

• Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

It's in the first article, which also discusses the voter suppression issue... that article states 19% statewide... 

I don't care if a person has a degree or not, Trump won white women, period, full stop. 

My bias is the truth
    Race played a significant role in the election, which I guess is your point, but racism didn’t play a role?

• Options
    https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2017/11/01/441926/voter-trends-in-2016/

Interesting read for those hoping to move past the russian red scare smokescreen... pretty exhaustive study by a liberal leaning group

In the study it states if black turnout remained static between 2012-2016 in each state that Hillary would have won Wisconsin & Michigan, and therefore the election
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2017/11/01/441926/voter-trends-in-2016/

Interesting read for those hoping to move past the russian red scare smokescreen... pretty exhaustive study by a liberal leaning group

In the study it states if black turnout remained static between 2012-2016 in each state that Hillary would have won Wisconsin & Michigan, and therefore the election
    I think everyone knows about voter turnout. I think the Russian references are about them compromising our elections, or attempting to, and trump’s relationship with all of that combined with republican indifference to the whole thing. 

Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Soooo... you're tellin' us there's a chance?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MLB Whiparound.  FS1 at 11pm.  I can't recommend it highly enough.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Frank Thomas still looks jacked.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Hillary's reputation was destroyed in 2016.

You are claiming Putin did not contribute to that?

"Several days before the presidential election, Fox News anchor Brett Baier, considered by many as a fair and balanced journalist, had to apologize on air for two false reports from “sources” about an imminent indictment against Democrat Hillary Clinton and her family’s foundation, and that Clinton’s email server had been hacked by five foreign intelligence agencies."
  • Options
    Hillary...
  • Options
    so NOT the President.
This discussion has been closed.