vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    gene pool matters.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Under Trump, EPA inspections fall to a 10-year low

The agency’s inspection rate last year is half of what it was in 2010, while the civil penalties levied against polluters is the lowest since 1994.

Have at it!

I'm old, orange, and got a pee wee pee pee in the shape of a mushroom. I couldn't care less about anything other than my existence and what is left of it.
    That's about the size of it... It's crazy that he can't even think about the future for his own children and grandchildren. He's just a horrible piece of shit.
    Not just him
    Also his advisors, supporters, voters, believers
    Well yes, he surrounds himself with the biggest scumbags available, obviously. Nobody who isn't a rotten human being would work for him or cooperate with him or side with him, and they certainly wouldn't be anti-EPA unless they thought that the EPA wasn't doing enough to protect the environment from corporate activities.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I see the edit you made, but it doesn't answer my question. 
    I explained why: Team Trump Treason brags about his great physical health/stamina, promotes his quack doctor that tells him what he wants to hear, thus opening himself up to “tabloid shit.” Got it?
    yeah, that still doesn't answer the question. if you don't give a shit about the details, why post them?

all i was saying is that type of "article" is below respectable journalism. 

That type of article does nestle itself into the 'interest' category which many people have time for when they aren't too busy solving the problems of the world.
    C’mon Hugh that article is obviously way more important than discussing a potential presidential nominee that lied about not knowing if she ever identified as Native American.

ill give you a clue hugh, if the article is negative about trump it Trumps all other articles in importance!
    The Warren incident has been discussed at length. How long do we have to spend on that nothingburger before we can begin to laugh at Trump's follies again?

Who gives a shit? Some woman thought she was native. It turns out she wasn't. She reacted poorly to hearing her personal schema was not as she thought. So?

Trump mocking her as Pocahontas prior to results is still bigger than the actual story. What 'president' says shit like that?

Let me answer... the president of fools. That's what type of president talks like that. Are you proud? Some are lol.

I can't wait for the next completely ridiculous item McDonald serves us! His goofiness presents itself on a daily basis and, to the embarrassment of the US, the rest of the world is amused to death. It's f**king hilarious. 
    It's kinda crazy. 

Trump lies everyday. About important things. Things that affect peoples lives.

But some people are hung up on somebody's mistake they made about their belief in their heritage. An honest mistake, not a lie.

Oh please how many of these stupid comments are going to be made? You all seriously can only focus on trump? That’s it? I sure hope you aren’t driving.

Mans the whole point is, it hurts her candidacy and imo means she has no shot. People here also have a tendency to not think about the voters. If it doesn’t matter to them then it doesn’t matter at all....but it does.

Cant wait to see everyone flip out over trumps next typo!! So thrilling!

Haha, I'm the one making stupid comments? You are complaining about people focusing on Trump in the Trump thread.

Hahaha. Can't make this stuff up.

Hmmm that’s a fair point about the thread part. So I won’t say anything else on it here. I will point out the absurdity of some people’s posts regarding trump though. Won’t have to wait long I don’t think.

It's a Trump thread on a rock band page.  Why wouldn't we post absurd and silly things?
    Why wouldn’t I respond to said posts?
    Respond to them but it seems odd to be bothered by them.  Maybe you're not bothered and this is all part of the game.  If so, have at it.  Most articles are trash, imo. But I also don't care. 
    The hypocrisy bothers me. 
    Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

The fact that some people don't find a Warren story as interesting as McDonald serving Big Macs to the National Champions... or McDonald looking especially orange... or McDonald walking away from the dumper with toilet paper on his shoe... or McDonald... ?

You think it's hypocritical? That is wrong. Simply put: it's because it's not as interesting. Not even remotely.

Many just like to continue to point out how pathetic you POTUS is. Why leave it alone? Why not pour it on? Every stupid thing that idiot does and says should be laughed at because that is what the situation is... a joke. It's not 'new' or 'fresh'... it's just f**king absurd is what it is. So relish in the absurdity of it all!
    So the hypocrisy I see is people posting about trumps skin color etc and then the same people not just disinterested in topics about others but they claim you are focusing on the wrong things when you do. But regardless, it doesn’t matter. Happy Friday.
    To be honest... I see it happening the other way around. I see people claim 'you are focusing on the wrong things' when jokes are made or shared about Trump.
    there is some of that, yeah, for sure. But what he's referring to is merry go rounds of "whataboutisms" and giving a pass to everyone else because whatever they said/did pales in comparison to trump/the right. 
    I get that part of it, but- if I could be so bold to suggest such a thing- most of the 'left material' really does pale in comparison. The news bits just seem to come across as feeble jabs.

if you want to talk hypocrisy... some of the same people expressing the need to leave Trump and his appearance alone mocked Hillary and Sanders prior to the election.
    alright. from now on, anytime someone bitches about trudeau in the canadian politics thread I'll bring up Harper or the Ford Brothers. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    PJ_Soul said:

The agency’s inspection rate last year is half of what it was in 2010, while the civil penalties levied against polluters is the lowest since 1994.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. 
    It's what happens when you put anti-EPA people in charge of the EPA

F@#ckin' A$$holes
    Honestly some of these inspections are a complete waste of time and $.  I think most of the time anything big comes out it’s after an event...not random or scheduled I inspections.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I explained why: Team Trump Treason brags about his great physical health/stamina, promotes his quack doctor that tells him what he wants to hear, thus opening himself up to “tabloid shit.” Got it?
    yeah, that still doesn't answer the question. if you don't give a shit about the details, why post them?

That type of article does nestle itself into the 'interest' category which many people have time for when they aren't too busy solving the problems of the world.
    C’mon Hugh that article is obviously way more important than discussing a potential presidential nominee that lied about not knowing if she ever identified as Native American.

ill give you a clue hugh, if the article is negative about trump it Trumps all other articles in importance!
    The Warren incident has been discussed at length. How long do we have to spend on that nothingburger before we can begin to laugh at Trump's follies again?

Who gives a shit? Some woman thought she was native. It turns out she wasn't. She reacted poorly to hearing her personal schema was not as she thought. So?

Trump mocking her as Pocahontas prior to results is still bigger than the actual story. What 'president' says shit like that?

Let me answer... the president of fools. That's what type of president talks like that. Are you proud? Some are lol.

I can't wait for the next completely ridiculous item McDonald serves us! His goofiness presents itself on a daily basis and, to the embarrassment of the US, the rest of the world is amused to death. It's f**king hilarious. 
    It's kinda crazy. 

But some people are hung up on somebody's mistake they made about their belief in their heritage. An honest mistake, not a lie.

Oh please how many of these stupid comments are going to be made? You all seriously can only focus on trump? That’s it? I sure hope you aren’t driving.

Mans the whole point is, it hurts her candidacy and imo means she has no shot. People here also have a tendency to not think about the voters. If it doesn’t matter to them then it doesn’t matter at all....but it does.

Haha, I'm the one making stupid comments? You are complaining about people focusing on Trump in the Trump thread.

Hmmm that’s a fair point about the thread part. So I won’t say anything else on it here. I will point out the absurdity of some people’s posts regarding trump though. Won’t have to wait long I don’t think.

It's a Trump thread on a rock band page.  Why wouldn't we post absurd and silly things?
    Respond to them but it seems odd to be bothered by them.  Maybe you're not bothered and this is all part of the game.  If so, have at it.  Most articles are trash, imo. But I also don't care. 
    Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

The fact that some people don't find a Warren story as interesting as McDonald serving Big Macs to the National Champions... or McDonald looking especially orange... or McDonald walking away from the dumper with toilet paper on his shoe... or McDonald... ?

You think it's hypocritical? That is wrong. Simply put: it's because it's not as interesting. Not even remotely.

Many just like to continue to point out how pathetic you POTUS is. Why leave it alone? Why not pour it on? Every stupid thing that idiot does and says should be laughed at because that is what the situation is... a joke. It's not 'new' or 'fresh'... it's just f**king absurd is what it is. So relish in the absurdity of it all!
    So the hypocrisy I see is people posting about trumps skin color etc and then the same people not just disinterested in topics about others but they claim you are focusing on the wrong things when you do. But regardless, it doesn’t matter. Happy Friday.
    To be honest... I see it happening the other way around. I see people claim 'you are focusing on the wrong things' when jokes are made or shared about Trump.
    there is some of that, yeah, for sure. But what he's referring to is merry go rounds of "whataboutisms" and giving a pass to everyone else because whatever they said/did pales in comparison to trump/the right. 
    I get that part of it, but- if I could be so bold to suggest such a thing- most of the 'left material' really does pale in comparison. The news bits just seem to come across as feeble jabs.

if you want to talk hypocrisy... some of the same people expressing the need to leave Trump and his appearance alone mocked Hillary and Sanders prior to the election.
    alright. from now on, anytime someone bitches about trudeau in the canadian politics thread I'll bring up Harper or the Ford Brothers. 
    You’re free to do that . You won’t have me moaning about it.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes
    Honestly some of these inspections are a complete waste of time and $.  I think most of the time anything big comes out it’s after an event...not random or scheduled I inspections.

Are you saying this from a position of knowledge? Do you work for a company that is regulated by the EPA? Serious question..
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Are you saying this from a position of knowledge? Do you work for a company that is regulated by the EPA? Serious question..
    I have been apart of multiple epa inspections just about every year since 2000

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Do you think if your company stopped complying,  it wouldn't be noticed? My company is subject to OCC and CFPB oversight and we work our asses off to stay in compliance. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Do you think if your company stopped complying,  it wouldn't be noticed? My company is subject to OCC and CFPB oversight and we work our asses off to stay in compliance. 
    It’s a waste of time. They know we are complying. But it’s written into law they have to visit. It would be much better to focus on and target the non compliant places.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

hmm, makes me wonder how many have been averted because of inspections.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

"This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups."

"This is a circus," Kavanaugh said with urgency. "The consequences will extend long past my nomination; the consequences will be with us for decades." 

Utter Belligerence.

The contentious hearings are going to be commonplace.  Meet your next Trump chief of staff...Matty Whitaker.  

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Honestly...at large companies... I would think few. Mostly it’s paperwork.

Look I’m not saying the epa isn’t important. I’m saying how they are used is poor. Writing into law annual walk through to see air emission units and review paperwork at places thatbhavent had any real problems in .... I don’t know 20 years or so at least is dumb. Let them focus where they believe there to be actual environmental issues, not potential paperwork issues.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Look I’m not saying the epa isn’t important. I’m saying how they are used is poor. Writing into law annual walk through to see air emission units and review paperwork at places thatbhavent had any real problems in .... I don’t know 20 years or so at least is dumb. Let them focus where they believe there to be actual environmental issues, not potential paperwork issues.
    They been neutered.  Scott Pruitt actually raped the EPA.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2019

ie...the nerve of my opponents and media to hold me accountable...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    Remember when other presidents bragged about their approval ratings?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Tax code changes leave Americans asking, 'What happened to my refund?'

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/taxes/tax-code-changes-leave-americans-asking-what-happened-my-refund-n969366?fbclid=IwAR32mau7YVUC8obwUGvLMdtNWUaUMnDPlrEwAiwvNSehygWjsMDfTghvo5M

It went to the billionaires and the millionaires that Americans love to worship...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    Tiki said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

#F@#KINGA$$HOLE
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Mulvaney did the same to the CFPB and all of the subservient regulators under the umbrella like the FDIC and OCC.  It's a strategy.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

It's kinda crazy. 

Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

it serves zero purpose. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

It's kinda crazy. 

Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

it serves zero purpose. 
    Are you talking about 'whataboutisms' (currently being discussed in another thread)? Then I would tend to agree to some point.

Or are you talking about making fun of Trump? Then I would disagree. It's fun to make fun of him.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    edited February 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

It's kinda crazy. 

Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

it serves zero purpose. 
    Wait - so you said you were going to do something, someone else said “go ahead”, and now you’re complaining about doing it? :lol: 

"Do, or do not...."
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

It's kinda crazy. 

Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

it serves zero purpose. 
    Wait - so you said you were going to do something, someone else said “go ahead”, and now you’re complaining about doing it? :lol: 

"Do, or do not...."
    i was obviously being facetious and trying to make a point....which didn't go over as intended. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Okay I missed something.

I’m going to assume there’s nothing to see here and keep moving along. I think this is best.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

It's kinda crazy. 

Lol

Hypocrisy of what?

it serves zero purpose. 

"Do, or do not...."
    i was obviously being facetious and trying to make a point....which didn't go over as intended. 
    This makes it even funnier. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

Mulvaney did the same to the CFPB and all of the subservient regulators under the umbrella like the FDIC and OCC.  It's a strategy.  

deconstruction of the administrative state.  appointing the most unqualified candidates to run the agencies into the ground by choking them off from funding and proper staffing, and by promoting values and policy (often in written statements given beforehand) that are often the antithesis of what these agencies were created to do in the first place.  Scott Pruitt is the most glaring example, but how about Tommy Price, Betsy DeVos, Rick Perry, and Ryan Zinke. The new guy in the EPA is JUST AS BAD, he's just doing it on the down low.

"If you look at these Cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction, the way the progressive left runs, is if they can't get it passed, they're just gonna put in some sort of regulation in -- in an agency," Bannon said. "That's all gonna be deconstructed and I think that that's why this regulatory thing is so important." 

Hitting it over and over again with a hammer just to watch it shatter is criminal negligence, if not TREASON.  Goddamn it, I hate this guy.

• Options
    Relax that’s not treason.
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.