Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    i think he is as much of a partisan as the rest of them. trump gave him gorsuch and kavanaugh, which gives roberts a conservative majority for propably 25 years. this is probably one of the reasons roberts is acting the way he is. the fix is in.
    Oh Christ... anytime someone doesn't agree with someone else or things don't go someone's way "the fix is in".. what's he fixing precisely?  I'm so tired of Bernie/Trump talking points infiltrating every discussion.  
    Ruling that executive privilege Trumps house subpoenas, if it ever reaches the Supreme Court. Once this trial farce has concluded, the house should go to court over the witness testimony and documents to compel them to be provided. See where that goes because it will reach the Supreme Court. See how that turns out. “The fix is in,” is not a Bernie talking point but a distinct possibility, particularly now that there have been life time appointments to the federal bench of folks who have never presided over a trial and owe their loyalty to a party and an ideology. Impartiality is being systemically eroded. On purpose.
    1. Bitch when Roberts rules for unlimited executive privilege
    2. Bitch when Roberts makes a binding ruling that materially affects the course of the trial. 

Until then,  it's Trump/Sanders complaining of "rigged".
    So wait until it’s too late. Gotcha.
    Your pre-bitching makes a difference?
    I dont think anyone’s bitching makes a difference unless it’s directed at your elected representatives and believe me, I’m sure mine are sick of hearing from me. I know they’re on my side and are doing what they can. You’re dismissing of what is happening as “Trump/Bernie bitching” and waiting for it to be too late before speaking up is what is concerning. Unless you tend to agree with what is happening right under your nose?
    Yes,  I agree with it.  My 14k posts all indicate the same.  

There's nothing in Roberts judicial record to indicate that he's an overtly partisan hack. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,064
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    i think he is as much of a partisan as the rest of them. trump gave him gorsuch and kavanaugh, which gives roberts a conservative majority for propably 25 years. this is probably one of the reasons roberts is acting the way he is. the fix is in.
    Oh Christ... anytime someone doesn't agree with someone else or things don't go someone's way "the fix is in".. what's he fixing precisely?  I'm so tired of Bernie/Trump talking points infiltrating every discussion.  
    Ruling that executive privilege Trumps house subpoenas, if it ever reaches the Supreme Court. Once this trial farce has concluded, the house should go to court over the witness testimony and documents to compel them to be provided. See where that goes because it will reach the Supreme Court. See how that turns out. “The fix is in,” is not a Bernie talking point but a distinct possibility, particularly now that there have been life time appointments to the federal bench of folks who have never presided over a trial and owe their loyalty to a party and an ideology. Impartiality is being systemically eroded. On purpose.
    2. Bitch when Roberts makes a binding ruling that materially affects the course of the trial. 

I dont think anyone’s bitching makes a difference unless it’s directed at your elected representatives and believe me, I’m sure mine are sick of hearing from me. I know they’re on my side and are doing what they can. You’re dismissing of what is happening as “Trump/Bernie bitching” and waiting for it to be too late before speaking up is what is concerning. Unless you tend to agree with what is happening right under your nose?

There's nothing in Roberts judicial record to indicate that he's an overtly partisan hack. 
    It's annoying when people assume judges are partisan caricatures like House reps
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Citizens United.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He doesn’t have to be “overt” to be a partisan hack.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I appreciate pieces like this, although I'd quibble with the headline that it's unexpected 

https://theweek.com/articles/816202/unexpected-alliance-sonia-sotomayor-neil-gorsuch
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Obamacare
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

True,  but just because you don't like his judicial philosophy also doesn't render him a hack 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    "THE FIELD"
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's annoying when people assume judges are partisan caricatures like House reps
    20 years from now, they will be.  Trump is the first president of the Own the Libs era.  Party loyalists like Kavanaugh are probably going to be the norm.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

True,  but just because you don't like his judicial philosophy also doesn't render him a hack 
    He doesn’t have to be “overt” or a “hack” to be partisan. Do you think Roberts is an independent thinker, devoid of politics when deciding?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He doesn’t have to be “overt” or a “hack” to be partisan. Do you think Roberts is an independent thinker, devoid of politics when deciding?
    That's an unattainable bar. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Defeatist. Who do you trust more, Sotomayor or Roberts?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

20 years from now, they will be.  Trump is the first president of the Own the Libs era.  Party loyalists like Kavanaugh are probably going to be the norm.
    Yet even he didn't nominate buffoons. For my taste Gorsuch was a fantastic pick and, while I don't like Kavanaugh, that was a pretty garden variety choice for a Republican President.
  • Options
    Lev Parnas has his own recording of Team Trump Treason talking about getting rid of Yovanovitch. Team Trump Treason “doesn’t know him,” and “takes lots of pictures with lots of people,” and “doesn’t know him.” Yea, right.

What else do you think Lev might have recordings of? PTAPE!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Have you noticed the shrill level increase? From the Team Trump Treason side? Def-con 3. One side speaks in almost monotones, the other? Rabid, foaming, shrill. What does that tell you?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It only takes one post. Not 14000 unless you want to clarify?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PS. off to work. uugh

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Yo Lindsey Graham was talking ALL kinds o unhinged shizzy to Sean Hannity last night about Joe and Hunter Biden.  Like a madman.

When Roberts allows this irrelevant alternative narrative to flow through the Senate Chamber like a telenovela, it's gonna be really bad.  What is the procedure for checking the lies that this "legal" team will impose on the Sens and us for that matter?   Will he DO anything?

from this morning...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    by the way 

jcornyn (or someone on his staff) is the one US Senator that follows my own meager personal instagram feed. 
    He literally posts pictures of his cat, and office visits from his constituents.

• Options
    I will be unfollowed.  FoSho
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The dumb question got a dumb answer.  Do what you will with that. 
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Yo Lindsey Graham was talking ALL kinds o unhinged shizzy to Sean Hannity last night about Joe and Hunter Biden.  Like a madman.

When Roberts allows this irrelevant alternative narrative to flow through the Senate Chamber like a telenovela, it's gonna be really bad.  What is the procedure for checking the lies that this "legal" team will impose on the Sens and us for that matter?   Will he DO anything?

from this morning...

It's not the Justice's role to counter arguments or challenge the statements.  This isn't a SCOTUS hearing. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sotomayor is closer to me politically.  She's also not a-political. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

from this morning...

It's not the Justice's role to counter arguments or challenge the statements.  This isn't a SCOTUS hearing. 
    right, and whats the relevance to Lindsey's insta campaign ad?
    Post edited by Kat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

from this morning...

I lumped those two together to show an overall pattern of deflection and also a misguided sense of righteous indignation that many R's wear right out on their faces.  Lindsey is really good at it.  So is Sean Hannity.  ...my bad.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    It is a trial though.  You cannot just flat out LIE about shit.

Fun fact, Donnie's attorneys aren't under oath. 

• Options
    ikiT said:
    It is a trial though.  You cannot just flat out LIE about shit.

Fun fact, Donnie's attorneys aren't under oath. 

Attorneys are never under oath.  Imagine if a criminal defense attorney was under oath... there would be few defenses. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The dumb question got a dumb answer.  Do what you will with that. 
    How profound. But not unexpected. What are you afraid of?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sotomayor is closer to me politically.  She's also not a-political. 
    Didn’t answer the question. You know her voting record outside of the decisions she’s made?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

from this morning...

I lumped those two together to show an overall pattern of deflection and also a misguided sense of righteous indignation that many R's wear right out on their faces.  Lindsey is really good at it.  So is Sean Hannity.  ...my bad.
    The wind is also indignate. And changes direction suddenly.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited January 2020
    2 or 3 hours today. Ha. I get that they want to make it seem like the call was perfect! And there's nothing really to defend and stuff....but taking up so little time and filling it with a high volume of lies already is not a good look...
    chinese-happy.jpg