Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Wow... I have literally never heard “swishy” used to mean effeminate.  I had no idea.
    And if you had posted that without knowing wouldn't your immediate reaction be "Oh jeeze...I had no idea...I'll take that down. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea." Or would you vigorously defend it in post after post?
    Looks like maybe, just maybe, you’re the one making the unfounded assumptions here. Too bad you’re the one trying to defend it post after post. 
    Google it for yourself or go look at the link he provided. I'm not making an obscure point and it's not a coincidence who he chose that nickname for.

You're the one who accused a poster of homophobia based on a word that you said "everyone" would recognize as a slur, except that not one other poster on here has heard it used that way. Given that, it was on you at that point to step back and apologize for the accusation and say "maybe you don't want to use that word in that way", rather than doubling down. It doesn't really matter whether google lists that as a possible definition or not - the problem is that you accused someone of homophobia based on what seems to be a fringe use of a word and didn't believe their explanation to the contrary. Have you got other evidence that Halifax is homophobic? Maybe something posted in the LGBTQ thread that's right there on AMT? No, you don't. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Wow... I have literally never heard “swishy” used to mean effeminate.  I had no idea.
    And if you had posted that without knowing wouldn't your immediate reaction be "Oh jeeze...I had no idea...I'll take that down. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea." Or would you vigorously defend it in post after post?
    Looks like maybe, just maybe, you’re the one making the unfounded assumptions here. Too bad you’re the one trying to defend it post after post. 
    Google it for yourself or go look at the link he provided. I'm not making an obscure point and it's not a coincidence who he chose that nickname for.

You're the one who accused a poster of homophobia based on a word that you said "everyone" would recognize as a slur, except that not one other poster on here has heard it used that way. Given that, it was on you at that point to step back and apologize for the accusation and say "maybe you don't want to use that word in that way", rather than doubling down. It doesn't really matter whether google lists that as a possible definition or not - the problem is that you accused someone of homophobia based on what seems to be a fringe use of a word and didn't believe their explanation to the contrary. Have you got other evidence that Halifax is homophobic? Maybe something posted in the LGBTQ thread that's right there on AMT? No, you don't. 
    I definitely overestimated how many people had heard of it but there is zero chance of an apology 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I definitely overestimated how many people had heard of it but there is zero chance of an apology 
    huh. this exchange looks incredibly familiar to me.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    just call him leningrad lindsey and call it a day.

on second thought, i hate these nicknames for politicians. it is juvenile and it makes us all look like trump. 

the old me would say those of us on the left are above it, but since the namecalling is the only thing that seems to resonate with trumpers, i am happy to get into the mud with them sometimes.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

on second thought, i hate these nicknames for politicians. it is juvenile and it makes us all look like trump. 

the old me would say those of us on the left are above it, but since the namecalling is the only thing that seems to resonate with trumpers, i am happy to get into the mud with them sometimes.
    i've been saying this from the beginning. we all used to give godfather the gears about saying "obummer" and "nobama" and whatnot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    back on topic, what do we do if the senate whitewashes this and trump is exonerated? He is guilty as sin and the GOP knows it. They are barely even mounting a defense other than hunter biden and the clintons are bad..

if trump walks, a hundred million of us better be prepared to be on the streets in DC if that happens. if trump walks, a precedent will have been set that there is no such thing as impeachable conduct.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,793
    OnWis97 said:
    I've never heard that term as a slur.

But it also doesn't rhyme with Lindsey. 
    I agree...it's not a particularly catchy nickname like, say, Moscow Mitch.
    maybe Flimsy Lindsey?

https://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=lindsey&typeofrhyme=perfect&org1=syl&org2=l
    Spam Graham???
    Lying Lindsey???
    Deputy Dipshit???
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Lindsey Swishy and has fake indignation are Oscar worthy. The callers calling into C-Span are a hoot.
    Pretty cool that the nicknames have now veered into homophobia 
    Nice try but Lindsey Swishy will change his stripes and side with whatever or whoever benefits him the most. Just look to the Clinton impeachment and his stand then versus now. Swishy like the wind. Do you know something about Lindsey that the rest of us don’t? 
    Everyone knows what that slur means. First we had Buck with the sly racism, now you with the sly homophobia. Banner week for the forum.

I don't identify it with homophobia either. I didn't see it as anything other than another alliterative nickname.
    Same here - and I work in a steel mill with all kinds of "men's men". Those with varying political beliefs and those who outwardly make homophobic comments. I have never heard the term swishy utilized in a homophobic connotation. 
    It’s a really outdated term that was used to suggest a guy might be gay before people really talked about homosexuality. I immediately made the connection when I read it because my parents, who were older when they had me (born in ‘30 and ‘31)  would say that was a term used back in the 40s or so. Since the meaning of it has changed I wouldn’t really say it’s homophobic unless maybe the person saying it is 90 years old
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,793

I agree with all of this. The second an adult whom I generally respect throws "shifty Schiff" or "nervous Nancy" or "Creepy Joe" onto a conversation, I am usually done with the conversation. Or at least done being objective during it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Lindsey Graham is a vile terrible human being, regardless of his sexual orientation. Devoid of principle, values and morals. He only cares about what's good for Lindsey Graham above all else.

Jon Stewart used to make fun of Graham as a southern belle, was that out of bounds? I don't think so because he is such a hypocrite.

• Options
    dignin said:
    Lindsey Graham is a vile terrible human being, regardless of his sexual orientation. Devoid of principle, values and morals. He only cares about what's good for Lindsey Graham above all else.

Jon Stewart used to make fun of Graham as a southern belle, was that out of bounds? I don't think so because he is such a hypocrite.

Southern belles have a reputation for being hypocrites?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Probably, but you may have missed the point.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:

So are the rest of us free to call people unwarranted names and not apologize, or is that just your thing? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:

So are the rest of us free to call people unwarranted names and not apologize, or is that just your thing? 
    he's not the only one, often. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

It's possible. What did Jon Stewart mean when he referred to him as a southern belle?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

It's possible. What did Jon Stewart mean when he referred to him as a southern belle?
    effeminate. try and keep up.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

effeminate. try and keep up.
    Ah...thanks. Good times around here. If anyone else has funny examples like this, keep posting them so we can have some good bro laughs about it together.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7ycyri/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-fifty-shades-of-graham

Shit was funny. I miss that show.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7ycyri/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-fifty-shades-of-graham

Quite the flourish! Someone tell Halifax this is the link he's looking for. Boy is he gonna be surprised. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Quite the flourish! Someone tell Halifax this is the link he's looking for. Boy is he gonna be surprised. 
    I didn’t have cable in 2013 but I also wouldn’t take John Stewart’s characterization of Lindsey “Flimsy Flipflop Faloozy” Graham (partial credit to HFD) as confirmation of his sexual identity/preference. But that’s just me. Nor would I equate a word with a primary definition related to wind as being “homophobic.” Again, that’s just me. And I had been using the previous moniker since at least the Kavanaugh hearings, if not before. Oh well.

I was more surprised by the previous administration’s diplomatic efforts to rid Syria of chemical weapons and avoiding a war and Lindsey “Flimsy Flipflop Faloozy” Graham’s reaction, as I wasn’t aware of his blood lust during the Obama Administration.

I look forward to the secondary and beyond definitions of “flimsy,” “Flipflop,” and/or “Faloozy” and the resultant unfounded, phobic accusation.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Flakey Lindsey works no ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ikiT said:
    it's over

I said this day one, during the rules debate, after the first 53-47 vote. 

3 problems I see (aside from the PERJURY):

Mitch and those COMPLICIT R's cannot be trusted. 
    Even though they're CRUSHING it, Adam and Jerry PERSONIFY all they hate.
    The COMPLICIT R's don't seem to be swayed by basic truth.   

More Hakeem Jefferies please.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I vote for Deputy Dipshit as lindseygrahamsc 's new name.

While this trial is happening he needs to find his seat, sit down, and STFU.  

"To my Democratic colleagues, you can say what you want about me, but I'm covering up nothing," said Graham. "I'm exposing your hatred of this president, to the point that you would destroy the institution. Nobody would be saying this about a Democratic president if a Republican house had done this."
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    Fascinating day on the forum.  I admittedly didn't know that either.  Next sometime is going to tell me there's some negative connotation for santorum... 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Fascinating day on the forum.  I admittedly didn't know that either.  Next sometime is going to tell me there's some negative connotation for santorum... 

You mean RickyTikkiTikkiTemboNoSarimbo HariKariBushkiePerry PemDo Hai KaiPom PomNikkiNoMeenoDomBarakoSantorum
    That guy?

That guy shouldn’t be allowed on CNN to spout his alternate reality and facts. He should be on RTN and RTN only. Or fall into a well.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    smart guy. not sure nadler best fit as manager.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Agreed...gaross...

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    edited January 2020
    Rick Santorum is the first non-president politician I ever heard of. I was walking home from school when I was in elementary school and there was a crumbled-up Rick Santorum For Senate pamphlet on the side of the road. I picked it up and was fascinated by it. I took it home and asked my dad, "Hey Dad, are you going to vote for Rick Santorum for Senate?"

"What? No! Haha. Why would you even ask me that?

"I found this on the side of the road..."

"That's where it belongs..."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com