Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    One of the redeeming qualities of President Trump is that no real doctor is coming forward with what prescription he should be on.
  • Options

One of the redeeming qualities of President Trump is that no real doctor is coming forward with what prescription he should be on.

Because he wouldn't release his medical records? It will be interesting what the spin is when he's to have his annual physical by the White House doctor. Or Ben Carson. Cough Donald, cough.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709

Yes when I think top ten qualities for a POTUS, this is right up there.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

NPD is untreatable. a lost cause. the only 'treatment' is to keep the narcissist in check and perhaps in prison.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:
    The truth? He claimed that Trig Palin was not in fact Sarah Palin's baby. Talk about birtherism! Clearly you are new to this game if you are just coming across Andrew Sullivan now. He is one of the father's of the blogosphere but he hasn't been a conservative for years.
    unlike other gay conservatives, he has a history of standing up for LGBT rights. i just tweeted him asking whether or not he considers himself conservative. anyway, if you think Trump isn't at least suffering from acute Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I can refer you to the DSM V.
    psi.uba.ar/academica/carrerasdegrado/psicologia/sitios_catedras/practicas_profesionales/820_clinica_tr_personalidad_psicosis/material/dsm.pdf
    He also has a history of believing in baby conspiracies. I have been reading Andrew Sullivan for years and I know full well his evolution on conservatism. As far as his support for LGBT rights it is about the same as Trump's which predated both Obama and Hillary Clinton. Trump was for gay marriage before it was cool.
    you can keep attacking the messenger. the truth will hurt that much more when you finally decide to accept it.
    What truth? That Trump has a mental disorder?
    a very specific mental disorder called NPD. It puts him in the same club as Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Pol Pot among others.
    Ok doctor.
    i am not a psychologist of course. i did take a couple psych classes in college including Abnornal Psychology. I have also studied the specific areas of depression/bipolar, schizophrenia and npd among others as a hobby for the last 20 years since. but don't take my word for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l_f_Q-MflU
    My undergraduate degree was in Psychology. Thanks.
    oh, then what's your diagnosis?
    An undergraduate degree doesn't qualify one to make a diagnosis. Nor does your handful of courses.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

NPD is untreatable. a lost cause. the only 'treatment' is to keep the narcissistic in check and perhaps in prison.
    Yes. All diagnosed narcissists should be put in prison. That is straight from your abnormal psych course.

It's quite amazing actually...Hillary actually collapses in front of the whole world and all the doctors on here declare her completely fit to serve but Trump shows evidence of narcissism and he must be imprisoned!

This version of crazy has clearly gone airborne.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    What I find astounding is that President Trump hasn't accomplished anything yet since his election three short weeks ago and a lot of folks here still hate the man.
    Nothing President Trump has said yet is the way.
    Time people, time.
  • Options
    ^^^
    fraud, sexual assault and treason can also get a person put into prison.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    ^^^
    Agree, but
    None of which your POTUS has been convicted of.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

^^^
    Agree, but
    None of which your POTUS has been convicted of.

Not yet.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

NPD is untreatable. a lost cause. the only 'treatment' is to keep the narcissistic in check and perhaps in prison.
    Yes. All diagnosed narcissists should be put in prison. That is straight from your abnormal psych course.

It's quite amazing actually...Hillary actually collapses in front of the whole world and all the doctors on here declare her completely fit to serve but Trump shows evidence of narcissism and he must be imprisoned!

trump shows more than evidence, he shows the full diagnosis. I'm also qualified to give the diagnosis.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

trump shows more than evidence, he shows the full diagnosis. I'm also qualified to give the diagnosis.
    Ok doctor. So you have made the diagnosis. I assume at this stage your qualifications should touch upon his ability to function with this horrible and obviously debilitating condition. I mean the purpose of the "diagnosis" controversy is to sugget that the President is not healthy enough to function in his role and therefore for the good of the country should be removed from office. This is the testimony that a qualified doctor would be required to give in any impeachment hearing so if this is your belief you should certainly be prepared to present this point of view. You should also be ready to provide some examples of other patients you have treated with the same diagnosis who have been unable to function in high level situations. Congress will be very interested in hearing your expert opinion and as a matter of fact so would we all. Feel free to have at it. If this is your professional belief go ahead and make the case.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    Trump is clearly on his way to a massively failed presidency, sponsored by the kremlin... the majority of the planet is going to hate him...

But BS will still be here defending him lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Trump is clearly on his way to a massively failed presidency, sponsored by the kremlin... the majority of the planet is going to hate him...

No. I told you that I am results driven. There are currently no results other then tumult and your emotions. The same kind of tumult and emotions that led you and everyone else to declare that he and the GOP were on their way to a massive electoral defeat. If you were intelligent you would say to yourself..."I have my predictions but I really have no idea how this will all turnout". That is where I am at and for the record I have predicted failure. I have predicted failure though not because of the man but because of the extent of the world's problems that you don't see yet lay before us all. I believe the world is essentially irreparable and that Trump is a final gamble to set things right. You believe that the world is generally ok (nothing to be afraid of I believe you said) but that Trump himself is the crisis (we must fear him!).
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    edited February 2017
    RYME said:

. If it was president Ben Carson, or president Carly Fiorina implementing some restrictions on immigration so we can figure out who's coming and going in the name of National Security, they would be flipping out all over he or she too.
    Don't tell me if it was anyone but Trump that they would be giving he or she a fair shot. NoWay! They would find a quote here or a quote there from Dr Ben Carson from 20 years ago, or Carly Fiorina that would disqualify everything they say now.
    You can not win in a liberal forum such as this.

with the immigration ban, yes. however, you have to remember all the outrage towards Trump leading up to the ban. you can't discount the mounting hatred towards the man from the left, the middle, and I'm sure behind closed doors, even the right. had it been JUST the ban, you wouldn't be seeing the outrage you are now. it is the total package that people are worried about.

Ben Carson would have been a disaster on an equal level. Carly would have been welcome in my eyes.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

No. I told you that I am results driven. There are currently no results other then tumult and your emotions. The same kind of tumult and emotions that led you and everyone else to declare that he and the GOP were on their way to a massive electoral defeat. If you were intelligent you would say to yourself..."I have my predictions but I really have no idea how this will all turnout". That is where I am at and for the record I have predicted failure. I have predicted failure though not because of the man but because of the extent of the world's problems that you don't see yet lay before us all. I believe the world is essentially irreparable and that Trump is a final gamble to set things right. You believe that the world is generally ok (nothing to be afraid of I believe you said) but that Trump himself is the crisis (we must fear him!).
    "if you were intelligent....."

classy
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Ok doctor. So you have made the diagnosis. I assume at this stage your qualifications should touch upon his ability to function with this horrible and obviously debilitating condition. I mean the purpose of the "diagnosis" controversy is to sugget that the President is not healthy enough to function in his role and therefore for the good of the country should be removed from office. This is the testimony that a qualified doctor would be required to give in any impeachment hearing so if this is your belief you should certainly be prepared to present this point of view. You should also be ready to provide some examples of other patients you have treated with the same diagnosis who have been unable to function in high level situations. Congress will be very interested in hearing your expert opinion and as a matter of fact so would we all. Feel free to have at it. If this is your professional belief go ahead and make the case.
    Testy testy. Looks like hit touched a nerve. I'm not saying this Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a reason he should be impeached. Doing that would be an affront to the Constitution, because he was elected and this is who people wanted. I would say being unfit mentally for the presidency would be things like senility, or psychosis, where the person's out of touch with reality. Instead, trump showed us his NPD and what he was about in the campaign. If there happened to be a hearing specifically about his NPD, it actually wouldn't be difficult to make this case, but we don't, and shouldn't, have to get there. I think what will get him impeached are things that are manifestations of his Narcissism. Examples: his conflict of interests with his business that he hasn't separated himself from, and the likely evidence of treasonous activities with Russia.

And if you haven't noticed, trump does not function well in "high level situations". He flubs, is impulsive, has tantrums, bullies, and is extremely awkward. These things run opposite the job, and we're only on day 24.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,280
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Wow, aren't you the pessimistic apocalyptic seer. This explains a lot about what you post. If I believed the world was doomed beyond repair, then I guess Trump as president wouldn't matter to me that much either. You have given up on the world. Time to get in your bunker. Those that care will continue to fight for a better world. Maybe quit watching Seven on repeat. You sound like Morgan Freeman at the end.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

If I were intelligent? I'm at least in the average range... on a good day lol

Are you Steve Bannon? All that apocalyptic doom & gloom must go down smooth with the morning yogurt

I tell you what... I'm well aware of the issues facing the human race moving forward... all caused by humans... let me say this clearly... I have ZERO issue with the human race being wiped off the planet... it would be an improvement... and hopefully something a little more enlightened will come along and take better care of each other... and take better care of the garden that we are destroying in the name of profit and imaginary borders

https://youtu.be/neGdoqsuiN8
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Are you Steve Bannon? All that apocalyptic doom & gloom must go down smooth with the morning yogurt

I tell you what... I'm well aware of the issues facing the human race moving forward... all caused by humans... let me say this clearly... I have ZERO issue with the human race being wiped off the planet... it would be an improvement... and hopefully something a little more enlightened will come along and take better care of each other... and take better care of the garden that we are destroying in the name of profit and imaginary borders

classic !!! thanks for the laugh ! just when I thought nobody here had a since of humor....BOOM ! I read this..

• Options
    I have put forth this theory and as I said earlier I flip back and forth on it all the time. Clearly he ran a genius general election campaign with respect to media management and general strategy while spending extremely little money. Even if you hate him or you dislike his style of campaigning (I dislike his style!) you must recognize that on the campaign front his instincts were remarkable. Now the question following this is can campaigning "genius" be converted to a "genius" in governing? The jury is still out on this and again I think it is wrong to not at least ask yourself the question. When I ask it of myself I consider his behaviour and say "If he is a genius and his style is intentional what could be long term benefits of his current behaviour and how would that compare to the long term risk?". I have some theories that I doubt any of you care about but when I break it down I still see some possible benefits of his continued "politically provocative rhetoric/actions" even though I personally find the style to be distasteful (a point which I have been consistent on since I said he could win many months ago). The biggest problem with the #resistance, the democratic party, and of course the AMT is the level of certainty you all have. By thinking you're infallible you are tempting fate instead.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

I have put forth this theory and as I said earlier I flip back and forth on it all the time. Clearly he ran a genius general election campaign with respect to media management and general strategy while spending extremely little money. Even if you hate him or you dislike his style of campaigning (I dislike his style!) you must recognize that on the campaign front his instincts were remarkable. Now the question following this is can campaigning "genius" be converted to a "genius" in governing? The jury is still out on this and again I think it is wrong to not at least ask yourself the question. When I ask it of myself I consider his behaviour and say "If he is a genius and his style is intentional what could be long term benefits of his current behaviour and how would that compare to the long term risk?". I have some theories that I doubt any of you care about but when I break it down I still see some possible benefits of his continued "politically provocative rhetoric/actions" even though I personally find the style to be distasteful (a point which I have been consistent on since I said he could win many months ago). The biggest problem with the #resistance, the democratic party, and of course the AMT is the level of certainty you all have. By thinking you're infallible you are tempting fate instead.
    Was his campaign actually 'genius'?

It was successful- we can't debate that, but I'm wondering if it was more a case of being atypical and not necessarily by design. I think that Trump stumbled (I say stumbled) on to a tactic that has never been tried before: appeal to the non-intellects who are incapable of questioning exactly how Trump was going to Make America Great Again. Then, toss in some race based rhetoric like building a wall and banning some Muslims and look at me now...

Remember... he was shitting his pants already declaring himself the loser prior to winning. He didn't even give himself a chance based on his crying.

I don't think it was genius. I think it was revealing.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Wow, aren't you the pessimistic apocalyptic seer. This explains a lot about what you post. If I believed the world was doomed beyond repair, then I guess Trump as president wouldn't matter to me that much either. You have given up on the world. Time to get in your bunker. Those that care will continue to fight for a better world. Maybe quit watching Seven on repeat. You sound like Morgan Freeman at the end.
    Those that care are fighting for a better world. That is the point. I believe Morgan Freeman said exactly that.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Ha. I don't think I would describe it as apocalyptic doom & gloom...life will go on...it always does...it will just be lived in a very different and more difficult way. I am glad however that you admit that you believe the human race being wiped off the planet would be an improvement. That is what I think progressives generally believe and you have confirmed it. It is that type of thinking that myself and others are trying to combat. We want to survive.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I don't think you can call Hillary a horrible candidate and Trump's campaign a genius strategy at the same time. it's one or the other.

I have zero idea how the media got it so horribly wrong with their estimates of him having as low as a 3% chance of winning the election. But I don't think he was brilliant. I think he goofed his way into the white house. Looking back, I think had it been any other republican candidate the margin of victory would have been much bigger.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

I don't think you can call Hillary a horrible candidate and Trump's campaign a genius strategy at the same time. it's one or the other.

I have zero idea how the media got it so horribly wrong with their estimates of him having as low as a 3% chance of winning the election. But I don't think he was brilliant. I think he goofed his way into the white house. Looking back, I think had it been any other republican candidate the margin of victory would have been much bigger.
    I think it can be both. I also think what started with a lot of "goofing" became more tailored as time went on even if the style was still objectionable.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I think it can be both. I also think what started with a lot of "goofing" became more tailored as time went on even if the style was still objectionable.
    so winning a race against a horrible candidate is genius? is michael jordan declared the greatest of all time because he beat ricky gervais in a game of 21?

I honestly think he was winging it the whole time. looking back at his speeches, they were all off the cuff, nothing of substance, rambling, "bing bing bing" and whatnot. it wasn't genius or calculated. it seems clear now that a rabid monkey could have beat hillary. and he did.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.