Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,959

mfc2006 said:

Idiots. They should keep it in place and try to come up with an alternative if they want to change it so much. Fucking idiots.

You understand it's completely unaffordable. Right? I do agree they should leave it in place as it would die its own death based on needed premium increases. That's definitely the more convenient political way of doing it (though they did back themselves into a corner by shouting repeal which should have happened 5 years ago). However, when trying to fix a problem you can see coming, you need to do something. And the only solution is throwing bad money after good. The ACA needs the majority of its provisions repealed or a proper solution can never be put in place. All you'd end up doing is patching the leaks on the Titanic.

It was an expansion of Medicaid with money we don't have plain and simple. You need a solution that trims back mandated benefits, allows managed care companies to manage care (with oversight to prevent abuses) and focuses on preventive care and catastrophic coverage with incentives and disencetives for people taking responsibility for their own health.

People have to realize that handing over free coverage with no parameters is simply not feasible in a country where we expect timely, quality care (realizing that is not always achieved either because, well, people are people).

mfc2006 said:

Idiots. They should keep it in place and try to come up with an alternative if they want to change it so much. Fucking idiots.

You understand it's completely unaffordable. Right? I do agree they should leave it in place as it would die its own death based on needed premium increases. That's definitely the more convenient political way of doing it (though they did back themselves into a corner by shouting repeal which should have happened 5 years ago). However, when trying to fix a problem you can see coming, you need to do something. And the only solution is throwing bad money after good. The ACA needs the majority of its provisions repealed or a proper solution can never be put in place. All you'd end up doing is patching the leaks on the Titanic.

It was an expansion of Medicaid with money we don't have plain and simple. You need a solution that trims back mandated benefits, allows managed care companies to manage care (with oversight to prevent abuses) and focuses on preventive care and catastrophic coverage with incentives and disencetives for people taking responsibility for their own health.

People have to realize that handing over free coverage with no parameters is simply not feasible in a country where we expect timely, quality care (realizing that is not always achieved either because, well, people are people).
    You're blaming Medicaid? And who's stopping managed care companies from managing care? And premium increases didn't seem to bring the death of the system, pre- ACA. Sorry, but competition across state lined won't do much. Repealing aca could even make a single payer system hsppen sooner, since most Americans want that anyway.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    you can help in Canada by boycotting as many American products/services as possible.
  • vaggar99 said:

you can help in Canada by boycotting as many American products/services as possible.

It's been happening for a long time here.
    Who the hell wants to drive anything from gm or chrysler?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

dignin said:

I pray to God they can stop all the terror groups quickly so this insanity can stop. The innocent people in the Middle East must feel so hopeless right now.

I'm sure terror will end within a week. Maybe two.
    Wrong. We already solved terrorism when we started calling it "radical Islam" about 8 days ago. We're all so much safer.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those words. Why impose the ban in the first place then, problem was solved.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    vaggar99 said:

BDSA....I love it!
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

vaggar99 said:

true. i don't know why we think we should be making stuff here.
    Roosting chickens!

Since when does the president have all these empirical powers? I thought this was a democracy. Where are the "checks and balances"?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

People who fought with the US for 10 years are now being sent home to die...

How s that?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    mcgruff10 said:

How s that?
    Looks like he was actually let in but an Iraqi army interpreter who fought with us for a decade was detained and questioned. This is now who we are.

Also a 77 year old grandmother coming to visit her refugee family was turned away.

For the first time in my 30 some odd years in this country, I feel like I don't know it...
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    cmon cliffy you are being a little dramatic.
    There are millions of people that approve of these measures in "your country"

mcgruff10 said:

How s that?
    Looks like he was actually let in but an Iraqi army interpreter who fought with us for a decade was detained and questioned. This is now who we are.

Also a 77 year old grandmother coming to visit her refugee family was turned away.

For the first time in my 30 some odd years in this country, I feel like I don't know it...
    Wow I didn't see that. Fucking crazy
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761

mcgruff10 said:

How s that?

I agree to your last statement. Even with Iraq my thought was, "I'm against this, but this isn't shocking to me". This is shocking to me.

^^^
    cmon cliffy you are being a little dramatic.
    There are millions of people that approve of these measures in "your country"

I'm not.

mcgruff10 said:

How s that?

I agree to your last statement. Even with Iraq my thought was, "I'm against this, but this isn't shocking to me". This is shocking to me.
    Completely agree. Utterly shocking...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411

mcgruff10 said:

How s that?

Completely agree. Utterly shocking...
    Yup.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

true. i don't know why we think we should be making stuff here.
    LOL
    The thing getting me through this is the protests at jfk and all around the country.

apparently all New York taxis are refusing service to or from JFK. Just amazing.

https://youtu.be/gp5JCrSXkJY

mcgruff10 said:

How s that?

I wonder why he didn't block Afghanistan and Pakistan. (I definitely could have missed that)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Why do I get the feeling domestic attacks are going to go up around the country. Why was is it so difficult to give a 7 day warning that you maybe detained if you're from these countries. The callousness and decency towards people has been astounding. On this travel ban made by the President a hornet's nest has been stirred.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Yeah protest protest this Bafoon and his crew they are deplorable everyone of'em !! How can anyone defend this goon is beyond me .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Did anyone here consider this day in history?
    Latest tweet Today, we remember the crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger, 31 years later. #NeverForget

Latest tweet Today, we remember the crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger, 31 years later. #NeverForget

Are you kidding us dude there are people at airports being held for no reason at all this is a total lunacy from president Bafoon !
    This is totally obscene, we are a nation of laws...next the president will be drone killing Americans or worse by passing congress and waring sovereign nations!
    It's out control!!!

Are you kidding us dude there are people at airports being held for no reason at all this is a total lunacy from president Bafoon !
    Here in Sveden we call it being Assanged!!!
  • Did anyone here consider this day in history?

There are millions of people coming to America that don't know the challenger disaster. Why?

There are millions of people coming to America that don't know the challenger disaster. Why?
    What is wrong with you?
    Fuck Bafoon I'm not ever going to address him as president ever , his a total Bafoon oh wait folks you know what's next don't you ? The gays will be next laws discriminating against their community take that to the bank !
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

It's like you have accepted making the dumbest post today as some kind of challenge.

;)

Still lot's of time left today to raise (lower?) the bar.
    edited January 2017
    Post edited by JC29856 on
This discussion has been closed.