mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Tiki said:
    Repeal the 22nd amendment!!!

Won't happen.. but one can wish.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited March 2017
    mrussel1 said:

To the neocon, all of Trump's irregularities are regular. And I'm not talking Metamucil.

Follow the money, from Russia with love, all the way to impeachment.

Neoconservatism is essentially incompatible with nationalism. When the neocons defend Trump, it's clear that it's never about principle, rather the letter next to the name. Democrats have the same issue.
    Don't bother...Halifax will not understand that difference. On this point though you are making a broad generalization yourself. I haven't changed my neocon stripes and I am not defending him on points of "nationalism". I am defending him on certain topics. My foreign policy views have not changed and if anything Trump has bending more towards the neocon hawks rather then the other way around.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'm sure this will be good for team Trump.

Follow the rubles.
    Breaking news? That story is almost 1 year old.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-campaign-chief-ducks-questions-about-214020365.html

Reduce, reuse, recycle.
    I think you may be glossing over a few differences in the stories, but that's ok. You're very busy trying to blame Trump's treasonous behavior on Obama Obama Obama, so I'll cut you some slack.

Another guy who can't keep two concepts in his head at once. Behaviour by one person does not discount behaviour of another. Currently no evidence of "treason by Trump". Currently no evidence of spying conducted by Obama. All we have is the back and forth of accusations against affiliates. I am the one on here who accepts the possibility of illegal actions by both. The rest of you are singularly focused. Don't have the brain capacity to entertain ideas that run counter to your narrative. Can't compute. Can't compute. Still too damaged by the Trump victory.
    Whatever you say genius.

Trump & his people keep getting caught up in lie after lie after lie & you're pushing his theories intended to distract & obfuscate reality like a good little lemming. It's almost as if you're not capable of seeing the forest for the trees.

Obama Obama Obama
    I see the forest and I see the trees. You only see the russian bear in the woods.

Oh, you see the forest AND the trees, do you? Of course you do, you’re woke AF.

You also predicted the Russia story was going away. How’s that working out for ya?

Not so good, it’s only gained momentum, but that’s ok. You’re more than happy to push the distraction Herr Trump has laid out for his followers, eh? You’re a good little lemming, and cognitive dissonance is a wonderful thing.

It’s all phony, right Holden?

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

EDIT: Do you realize what a stupid analogy the bear is? Let's all ignore the perceived threat and hope it isn't real.

Your mind is wrapped into a pretzel, stop embarrassing yourself.
    Not expecting the results of the election is embarrassing. Remember when you all used to believe that? Now you have all taken a complete 180 on the Obama/Clinton Russian foreign policy. The only thing that has gained momentum are the conspiracy theories. Nothing else has changed. No new info has been revealed. If it comes I will listen but for now I'll stick with Clapper, Morrell, Rogers and Comey's analysis of the situation over the AMT. Bring some real evidence...otherwise you're all just a broken record.
    ...... says the guy trying to blame Obama for the corruption in the current admin. Talk about a broken record.

Obama Obama Obama

You're embarrassing yourself.
    Blaming Obama for the corruption in the current admin? Is that what is happening? Clearly another person who can't read.
    The first step in acquiescing to political pressure...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/nunes-apologizes-after-going-directly-to-white-house-with-monitoring-claims-236415
    This must confuse the hell out of BS, who saw nothing improper or irregular about Nunes' actions yesterday. It sure got the attention of the Oversight Committee. But again, nothing improper.

But let's not argue about my use of the word irregular, which BS objected to. Let's hear what a former Intelligence Committee counsel said about it:
    MSNBC security analyst Jeremy Bash noted that he served as counsel to the House Intelligence Committee in the past while pointing out that he “never heard of a chairman of an oversight committee going to brief the President of the United States about concerns he had about things he read in an intelligence report.

"The job of the committee is to do oversight of the executive branch,” Bash exclaimed. “Not to bring them into their investigation or to tip them off to things they may be looking at.”

He continued, “I’ve gotta believe that other members of the committee are horrified at what they just witnessed. This is a chairman that’s supposed to be doing impartial, bipartisan investigations of the president’s inner circle and instead he basically goes and tells the president and his team everything he knows.”
    Perhaps instead of saying irregular I should have said unprecedented. Either way BS, you're on the wrong side of this one. I usually appreciate your opposing analysis and opinions and from time to time agree with them, but this was a swing and a miss for you.
    Yeah, and considering Nunes turned around & apologized today, it's safe to say BS missed by a mile.

I'm not so sure. We are in uncharted waters here. Again...a lot of this comes down to what info Nunes has. None of us have this answer and yet many are making a million assumptions. I see zero reason why evidence of improper surveillance should not be made available to the President. The press conference is another story but then people would wonder what their meeting was about wouldn't they? Democrats like Senator Coons can go on tv and say they have transcripts of conversations between Russians and members of the Trump team but Nunes can't do the exact same thing? Bullshit.
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    BS44325 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Follow the rubles.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-campaign-chief-ducks-questions-about-214020365.html

Reduce, reuse, recycle.
    I think you may be glossing over a few differences in the stories, but that's ok. You're very busy trying to blame Trump's treasonous behavior on Obama Obama Obama, so I'll cut you some slack.

Another guy who can't keep two concepts in his head at once. Behaviour by one person does not discount behaviour of another. Currently no evidence of "treason by Trump". Currently no evidence of spying conducted by Obama. All we have is the back and forth of accusations against affiliates. I am the one on here who accepts the possibility of illegal actions by both. The rest of you are singularly focused. Don't have the brain capacity to entertain ideas that run counter to your narrative. Can't compute. Can't compute. Still too damaged by the Trump victory.
    Whatever you say genius.

Trump & his people keep getting caught up in lie after lie after lie & you're pushing his theories intended to distract & obfuscate reality like a good little lemming. It's almost as if you're not capable of seeing the forest for the trees.

Obama Obama Obama
    I see the forest and I see the trees. You only see the russian bear in the woods.

You also predicted the Russia story was going away. How’s that working out for ya?

Not so good, it’s only gained momentum, but that’s ok. You’re more than happy to push the distraction Herr Trump has laid out for his followers, eh? You’re a good little lemming, and cognitive dissonance is a wonderful thing.

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

EDIT: Do you realize what a stupid analogy the bear is? Let's all ignore the perceived threat and hope it isn't real.

Not expecting the results of the election is embarrassing. Remember when you all used to believe that? Now you have all taken a complete 180 on the Obama/Clinton Russian foreign policy. The only thing that has gained momentum are the conspiracy theories. Nothing else has changed. No new info has been revealed. If it comes I will listen but for now I'll stick with Clapper, Morrell, Rogers and Comey's analysis of the situation over the AMT. Bring some real evidence...otherwise you're all just a broken record.
    ...... says the guy trying to blame Obama for the corruption in the current admin. Talk about a broken record.

Obama Obama Obama

Blaming Obama for the corruption in the current admin? Is that what is happening? Clearly another person who can't read.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/nunes-apologizes-after-going-directly-to-white-house-with-monitoring-claims-236415
    This must confuse the hell out of BS, who saw nothing improper or irregular about Nunes' actions yesterday. It sure got the attention of the Oversight Committee. But again, nothing improper.

But let's not argue about my use of the word irregular, which BS objected to. Let's hear what a former Intelligence Committee counsel said about it:
    MSNBC security analyst Jeremy Bash noted that he served as counsel to the House Intelligence Committee in the past while pointing out that he “never heard of a chairman of an oversight committee going to brief the President of the United States about concerns he had about things he read in an intelligence report.

"The job of the committee is to do oversight of the executive branch,” Bash exclaimed. “Not to bring them into their investigation or to tip them off to things they may be looking at.”

He continued, “I’ve gotta believe that other members of the committee are horrified at what they just witnessed. This is a chairman that’s supposed to be doing impartial, bipartisan investigations of the president’s inner circle and instead he basically goes and tells the president and his team everything he knows.”
    Perhaps instead of saying irregular I should have said unprecedented. Either way BS, you're on the wrong side of this one. I usually appreciate your opposing analysis and opinions and from time to time agree with them, but this was a swing and a miss for you.
    Yeah, and considering Nunes turned around & apologized today, it's safe to say BS missed by a mile.
    I'm not so sure. We are in uncharted waters here. Again...a lot of this comes down to what info Nunes has. None of us have this answer and yet many are making a million assumptions. I see zero reason why evidence of improper surveillance should not be made available to the President. The press conference is another story but then people would wonder what their meeting was about wouldn't they? Democrats like Senator Coons can go on tv and say they have transcripts of conversations between Russians and members of the Trump team but Nunes can't do the exact same thing? Bullshit.

Except in his press conference he said that the surveillance was legal and not "improper" so I think you are missing the point.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Follow the rubles.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Whatever you say genius.

Obama Obama Obama

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

Obama Obama Obama

Except in his press conference he said that the surveillance was legal and not "improper" so I think you are missing the point.

No sir. You are missing the point. The "improper" came in the usage and dissemination of the data collected.

Best to stay current with Andrew McCarthy who covers the legal aspects of this all

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446024/devin-nunes-fbi-director-james-comey-house-intelligence-committee-russia-2016-election-trump

Also this guy might understand the Watergate comparisons

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bob-woodward-obama-officials-possibly-facing-criminal-charges-for-unmasking-scheme/article/2618185?custom_click=rss
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    BS44325 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Follow the rubles.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Whatever you say genius.

Obama Obama Obama

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

Obama Obama Obama

Congress is inherently a check on the executive branch. So when the chair runs to the WH to share information on a subject that directly involves the WH (and the broader team), well that is really a violation of the spirit of the separation of powers.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

To the neocon, all of Trump's irregularities are regular. And I'm not talking Metamucil.

Neoconservatism is essentially incompatible with nationalism. When the neocons defend Trump, it's clear that it's never about principle, rather the letter next to the name. Democrats have the same issue.
    Don't bother...Halifax will not understand that difference. On this point though you are making a broad generalization yourself. I haven't changed my neocon stripes and I am not defending him on points of "nationalism". I am defending him on certain topics. My foreign policy views have not changed and if anything Trump has bending more towards the neocon hawks rather then the other way around.
    I'm actually talking about all the apologists on the NRO, like McCarthy and others.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    BS44325 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Follow the rubles.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Whatever you say genius.

Obama Obama Obama

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

Obama Obama Obama

I've agreed with you on this in the past & still agree. Even though it looks like it will all blow up in Trump and/or his administration's face, we don't have all of the details & probably won't for a little longer. We can agree on that...even though we can't agree on much else.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Follow the rubles.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Whatever you say genius.

Obama Obama Obama

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

Obama Obama Obama

No sir. You are missing the point. The "improper" came in the usage and dissemination of the data collected.

Best to stay current with Andrew McCarthy who covers the legal aspects of this all

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446024/devin-nunes-fbi-director-james-comey-house-intelligence-committee-russia-2016-election-trump

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bob-woodward-obama-officials-possibly-facing-criminal-charges-for-unmasking-scheme/article/2618185?custom_click=rss

The National Review article is a good one, but what's you take away from it? To me it makes the case that anything Obama did is most likely legally justified.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

False flag operation?

http://m.jpost.com/#/app/article/484990

How does this idiot keep getting shit right?

He doesn't, his supporters just twist reality to claim that he does.
    Spin, spin, spin the orange POTUS!
    Brilliant!
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Follow the rubles.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Whatever you say genius.

Obama Obama Obama

Obama Obama Obama

Follow the rubles.

Obama Obama Obama

The National Review article is a good one, but what's you take away from it? To me it makes the case that anything Obama did is most likely legally justified.

McCarthy is only focused on whether the taps are legal. From my reading of his ongoing saga summary, he doesn't seem to care what it was the Russians and the Trump team discussed. To me, that seems like an important bit of information.
  • Options
    These quote boxes got fucked up. We need to kill that one.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

False flag operation?

Brilliant!
    Orange Führer would sound better, but that's giving him too much credit lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    I'm partial to Cheeto Führer.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

False flag operation?

Brilliant!
    Mein Drumpf, a memoir by Donald J. Trump.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

False flag operation?

Brilliant!
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    I think it's just yet another example of how useless and inefficient and ridiculous government has become, and it's depressing as hell. :disappointed:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yup, still wrong on your neocon based assumptions. Some things will never change.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

False flag operation?

Brilliant!
    That would sell bigly.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited March 2017
    Nunes was all about seperate branches of government once upon a time.

I wonder what changed?

I wonder what Herr Trump has on him?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303

Nunes was all about seperate branches of government once upon a time.

I wonder what changed?

I wonder what Herr Trump has on him?
    Yep that's what I said he's in on it !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Epic fail on the health care bill vote

1. Trump said we would be tired of winning...wrong....SAD!
    2. Trump said he was the best dealmaker. Trainwreck.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

It's easy to make deals when you have all the leverage. When you are writing the check and can ram a deal down someone's throat. I've been on both sides of those equations. Making deals in Congress takes a whole different set of skills which I don't believe Trump possesses, or has not shown to possess yet. I'm not sure that he understands how his stupid tweet and Russia-gate have damaged his political capital.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757

Don't be shocked if they magically have the votes tomorrow, and then everyone can hail Trump as some kind of deal-making savior.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Don't be shocked if they magically have the votes tomorrow, and then everyone can hail Trump as some kind of deal-making savior.
    yeah...wouldn't surprise me

• Options

It can hardly be declared a victory to get this through the House. It's just a stunning defeat to not bring it to vote. But anything that gets the House conservatives on board will likely just dig the hole deeper for the Senate. Plus, my understanding is that some of the changes fall outside budget reconciliation. If that's the case, then then the Senate will need 60 votes. Not a chance in hell on that.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    mrussel1 said:

It can hardly be declared a victory to get this through the House. It's just a stunning defeat to not bring it to vote. But anything that gets the House conservatives on board will likely just dig the hole deeper for the Senate. Plus, my understanding is that some of the changes fall outside budget reconciliation. If that's the case, then then the Senate will need 60 votes. Not a chance in hell on that.
    My understanding as well. It's a lot of work for something that's probably going to be spiked in the Senate. And a lot of work for something the public doesn't seem to want at all.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
This discussion has been closed.