Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Did you even research it before posting?
    W/ in 2min the headlines are now stating 2005 returns.
    Radlibs are crazy (not you) maddow is using twitter like your POTUS.
    If you hate something don't you do it too.
    MSNBC - FAKE NEWS!
    What did I post that would constitute fake news?
    I have the tax returns for President Trump and I will post it at 10pm ET.
    Not my words, try harder.
    From her twitter
    BREAKING: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.
    (Seriously).

and 38 min later since all hell has broken loose

What we've got is from 2005... the President's 1040 form... details to come tonight 9PM ET, MSNBC.

click bait for suckers and libs.
    I think she will face some discipline for this.
    What discipline? From who?

Will MSNBC be mad because she spiked viewership tonight? Wait until you see tonight's ratings. Bet they jumped
    So MSNBC spikes because of clickbait tonight?
    The execs won't like this.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

mrussel1 said:

Did you even research it before posting?
    W/ in 2min the headlines are now stating 2005 returns.
    Radlibs are crazy (not you) maddow is using twitter like your POTUS.
    If you hate something don't you do it too.
    MSNBC - FAKE NEWS!
    What did I post that would constitute fake news?
    I have the tax returns for President Trump and I will post it at 10pm ET.
    Not my words, try harder.
    From her twitter
    BREAKING: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.
    (Seriously).

and 38 min later since all hell has broken loose

What we've got is from 2005... the President's 1040 form... details to come tonight 9PM ET, MSNBC.

click bait for suckers and libs.
    I think she will face some discipline for this.
    What discipline? From who?

Will MSNBC be mad because she spiked viewership tonight? Wait until you see tonight's ratings. Bet they jumped
    So MSNBC spikes because of clickbait tonight?
    The execs won't like this.
    No because people are watching the show. Me thinks they like that. Just guessing.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017

Buuuuuuut she was honest in both tweets. How do you discipline someone who hasn't done anything wrong? There was nothing misleading and, even if there were, there would be no punishment. You need to learn how things work in America.

I don't want to know how things work in America anymore because your President is supposedly the most unpopular in history, lost way more than Hillary yet won because a couple of people said he should win.
    No thanks.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

Buuuuuuut she was honest in both tweets. How do you discipline someone who hasn't done anything wrong? There was nothing misleading and, even if there were, there would be no punishment. You need to learn how things work in America.

I don't want to know how things work in America anymore because your President is supposedly the most unpopular in history, lost way more than Hillary yet won because a couple of people said he should win.
    No thanks.
    Damnit. I think you've got me beat there. Well done, guy.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

Still sitting out the second amendment questions, I see.

?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Holy crap! Trump paid taxes! Lots of taxes!
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Rachel Maddow is looking extremely stupid.
  • Options
    Not nearly as much as he claims. But, then again, Trump lying isn't exactly groundbreaking news.
    I think that the thing to take away from this is, whether Trump releases them or someone leaks them- the returns will see the light of day. Politically speaking, if there's something bad in them, if Trump releases them and corrects the wrong- he could survive it. If it takes someone going rogue and leaking them and something bad is in it, I don't believe he can survive that. Moral of the story, do yourself a favor and release them and own up to whatever it is that worries you.
  • Options

Not nearly as much as he claims. But, then again, Trump lying isn't exactly groundbreaking news.
    I think that the thing to take away from this is, whether Trump releases them or someone leaks them- the returns will see the light of day. Politically speaking, if there's something bad in them, if Trump releases them and corrects the wrong- he could survive it. If it takes someone going rogue and leaking them and something bad is in it, I don't believe he can survive that. Moral of the story, do yourself a favor and release them and own up to whatever it is that worries you.

Pardon my ignorance as I don't file US taxes but which part of the forms does one put the "bad" stuff in?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Pardon my ignorance as I don't file US taxes but which part of the forms does one put the "bad" stuff in?
    I'm no tax expert. I just file for myself. I don't own businesses or have massive debt, but I believe that one has to itemize their businesses and put where the loans come from/who else is part of the business. Again, pardon my ignorance this time, but I'm 99.9% certain that you have to itemize for your businesses.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

I'm no tax expert. I just file for myself. I don't own businesses or have massive debt, but I believe that one has to itemize their businesses and put where the loans come from/who else is part of the business. Again, pardon my ignorance this time, but I'm 99.9% certain that you have to itemize for your businesses.
    So is it that you expect to see "bad" loans? Or "bad" business associates? What is the "bad" that you are expecting to find? Other then percentage of overall tax paid and/or charitable givings and/or overall networth estimates I honestly have no idea what "bad" anybody expects to find? I'm pretty sure you won't find a personal loan from Vladimir Putin.
  • Options
    I have no idea what to expect. Honestly, the only reason I suspect there to be issues with him is that he's not releasing them for a reason. It doesn't pass the smell test.
    Obviously Putin's name won't come up. But business associates and oligarchs in Russia could show up. He does a lot of business with China.
    It just doesn't add up. It's like hiding your cell phone from your wife. You're obviously up to something you shouldn't be.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So is it that you expect to see "bad" loans? Or "bad" business associates? What is the "bad" that you are expecting to find? Other then percentage of overall tax paid and/or charitable givings and/or overall networth estimates I honestly have no idea what "bad" anybody expects to find? I'm pretty sure you won't find a personal loan from Vladimir Putin.
    If there's nothing to hide then why the bait & switch? He said if elected his taxes would be released, but then reneged, why? What does he have to hide?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    So did the White House leak the return and Maddow & Co. just played along for ratings?

Sick of all the games right now and the media on both sides just playing right along.

Shenanigans!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

If there's nothing to hide then why the bait & switch? He said if elected his taxes would be released, but then reneged, why? What does he have to hide?
    As I said before maybe there is something to hide and maybe there is nothing. He already won an election without releasing them so he disproved the original assumption that tax returns must be released to win. Now he can withhold them and drive his opposition insane. Look what just happened tonight. Hillary once claimed that Trump paid zero taxes and we end up finding out that in 2005 he paid a higher rate then NBC, Romney and Bernie Sanders. Sure Trump claimed massive legal deductions but he overall paid $38 mil which is absolutely nothing to sneeze at. The media via Maddow and the democratic opposition come off looking ridiculous by continuing to chase these returns.
  • Options

So did the White House leak the return and Maddow & Co. just played along for ratings?

Sick of all the games right now and the media on both sides just playing right along.

Shenanigans!!

Trump might have leaked these himself through another party and got Maddow to take the bait. Who knows? Maybe he did..n't do it? Or maybe he did? Like Hunter the Hungry pranking Connor4real...we're talking the best prankster of all time.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    There was nothing wrong with it as a story. Any network that got them would run it, even Fox maybe. But she overhyped it before and during the show.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    BS44325 said:

Shenanigans!!

Trump might have leaked these himself through another party and got Maddow to take the bait. Who knows? Maybe he did..n't do it? Or maybe he did? Like Hunter the Hungry pranking Connor4real...we're talking the best prankster of all time.
    It had (imo) to be leaked by a Trump associate to benefit the President.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    It took wiretapping out of the news cycle though didn't it. Would love to see 2006 to 2016, though. So, what's he hiding. Lots of money. Lots of laundered money. From Russia. With love.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    President Obama has admitted to the wiretapping....

https://youtu.be/2LcP4R9_QkA
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Those taxes are for 1 yr ok let's move on he's good to go it proves he's a upstanding tax paying citizen and always has no , i mean we really don't need to see from 2006 to now for what it's funny but HRC released her taxes all the way back to the 70's so did her husband when he was president..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    It's still about the FBI director's SENATE TESTIMONY on RUSSIA today at 230 ET.

not this probably fake distraction leaked by the WH.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Didn't he take an enormous loss ($916 million because he's SO good at business) in 1995 that, according to reports, would have allowed him to not pay any taxes for 18 years after that? 2006? That was only 11 years later.

Seems like what is known as "bullshit", not only inside, but outside the beltway.

DISTRACTION

• Options
    Tiki said:

It's still about the FBI director's SENATE TESTIMONY on RUSSIA today at 230 ET.

not this probably fake distraction leaked by the WH.

Exactly those taxes were leaked by his administration to create a distraction keep your eye on the ball folks like Tiki is saying Russian influenced our elections !
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    “I love the poorly educated!”—Donald Trump (2016)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpdt7omPoa0
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    See - Rachel Maddow is just a blowhard like Hannity and Limbaugh.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Ok I can agree do please tell us who will report on issues like this on a non by partisan basis , where can we get info like this surely not in faux&friends so here we are we're do we turn now ?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520

She is far left like they are far right. She uses pesky facts though. The latter don't need to use facts pandering to their audience.
This discussion has been closed.