• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    and I love The Police

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    Idris said:

Tiki said:
    I saw this, but haven't had time to check elsewhere, is dailykos reputable?

If this is happening, then I don't know what to say....... it's kind of unbelievable.
    Good, Give your passwords when asked. If you have nothing to hide then why worry??
    They need to know who's entering. Born here? So what, still provide whatever information they ask, so they know exactly who you are.

and lets please show some respect for our leader. Some of these comments (in this thread) are disgusting.

Ha what a comical statement. I'll show some respect to "our leader" when he shows some respect to women. (Or anyone that doesn't think like him)
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Idris said:

Tiki said:

If this is happening, then I don't know what to say....... it's kind of unbelievable.
    Good, Give your passwords when asked. If you have nothing to hide then why worry??
    They need to know who's entering. Born here? So what, still provide whatever information they ask, so they know exactly who you are.

and lets please show some respect for our leader. Some of these comments (in this thread) are disgusting.

I forget who talks about it, but a comedian used a good analogy for the "if you have nothing to hide, why worry" mentality. Here's my house key. You can search high and low for drugs and won't find anything. You can keep my house key - I trust that you won't come inside my house until you have a good reason that's fully substantiated. You're the police after all!

As for the "so they know exactly who you are" - you know how they know who you are? Your passport. Your birth certificate. Your driver's license. Your green card. Beyond that, it's a warrantless seizure of private information.

Finally, on the President: a base level of respect should be given without sufficient knowledge of a person. Beyond that, respect should be earned, not given. Conversely, respect should be taken away when that loss of respect is deserved. Respect isn't something which should be linked to a title - it should be linked to one's actions.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    So is this new fella in here intentionally not addressing the multiple comments about the second amendment in regards to how irrelevant the constitution is?
  • Options
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

Idris said:

Tiki said:

Ha what a comical statement. I'll show some respect to "our leader" when he shows some respect to women. (Or anyone that doesn't think like him)
    Has he really NOT shown "some" respect for women? Yep he has. Now you should show "some respect" towards President Trump.

Trump has himself spoken about his respect for women "Nobody has more respect for women than I do" (Something like that)

• Options
    Tiki said:
    Dangerous things you post. Flex your rights? You don't really have rights.

Just do what they say, and thats it. how hard is it? They want ID. show it, they ask questions...So answer them. They feel uncomfortable being recorded, then don't record them.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Idris said:

Tiki said:
    Just do what they say, and thats it. how hard is it?
    Yes, I should blindly comply. I don't know how I could have been so stupid. My bad. Thanks for enlightening me.

• Options
    benjs said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

I forget who talks about it, but a comedian used a good analogy for the "if you have nothing to hide, why worry" mentality. Here's my house key. You can search high and low for drugs and won't find anything. You can keep my house key - I trust that you won't come inside my house until you have a good reason that's fully substantiated. You're the police after all!

As for the "so they know exactly who you are" - you know how they know who you are? Your passport. Your birth certificate. Your driver's license. Your green card. Beyond that, it's a warrantless seizure of private information.

Finally, on the President: a base level of respect should be given without sufficient knowledge of a person. Beyond that, respect should be earned, not given. Conversely, respect should be taken away when that loss of respect is deserved. Respect isn't something which should be linked to a title - it should be linked to one's actions.
    and his actions are making America Great. So 'Respect.

passport, birth cert, etc doesnt really show 'who' a person is. Not in a way that'll let us know if they are a danger to the US and our ways or not. We get into emails, texts, facebooks etc then we know who a person is, a little better.
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    edited March 2017
    Idris said:

Has he really NOT shown "some" respect for women? Yep he has. Now you should show "some respect" towards President Trump.

Trump has himself spoken about his respect for women "Nobody has more respect for women than I do" (Something like that)

So I can say "I have zero respect for Donald Trump as a businessman or as a decent human."
    Then add "And nobody has more respect for Trump, the orange idiot, than I do. Believe me."

And it is automatically true as I have said it? Awesome.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Idris said:

Tiki said:
    Dangerous things you post. Flex your rights? You don't really have rights.

Just do what they say, and thats it. how hard is it? They want ID. show it, they ask questions...So answer them. They feel uncomfortable being recorded, then don't record them.

Your papers...do not appear to be in order...

Our families didn't fight for freedom so that a police state can search you without probable cause. They can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Too much blood has been shed for this country and for this soil to just give up our rights.

"The feel uncomfortable being recorded, then don't record them"?? Are you being serious? Are you so willing to give up your rights and freedom? Do you think police and prosecutors are infallible? Have they ceased to be humans, corrupted by the nature of humans. Jesus Christ.. your posts must be in jest.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

It's comical how the "don't tread on me" party of the last 8 years suddenly has no problem with the prospect of having customs agents forcibly search citizens' phones coming in from Canada, or checking citizens' ids while deboarding domestic flights.

Makes perfect sense.

American Citizens: U.S. Border Agents Can Search Your Cellphone

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/american-citizens-u-s-border-agents-can-search-your-cellphone-n732746
    I'm aware the law exists, but incredibly, it never seemed to be an issue before the last couple of months when the ICE became empowered under the new administration.
    Assuming this is the same segment that ran last night on the NBC News, apparently it has risen pretty dramatically over the past few years. Was barely used at the end of Bush and was over 4k searches last year. Pretty sure they'll beat that by Spring, but sounds like it as been on the rise for some time.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

passport, birth cert, etc doesnt really show 'who' a person is. Not in a way that'll let us know if they are a danger to the US and our ways or not. We get into emails, texts, facebooks etc then we know who a person is, a little better.
    I guess our perception of what 'great' looks like differs dramatically. Trump is actively making America: paranoid, ignorant, isolated, white, socially regressive, apathetic, complacent. So no respect beyond the bare minimum that every human being deserves.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

I guess our perception of what 'great' looks like differs dramatically. Trump is actively making America: paranoid, ignorant, isolated, white, socially regressive, apathetic, complacent. So no respect beyond the bare minimum that every human being deserves.
    Oh.. and our President lies on a consistent basis.. Is that the model for our children> Is that what makes America "Great"? Is a contempt and disregard for the truth the model?
  • Options
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

Oh I forgot if Trump said he has respect for woman so it must be true. What a load of horseshit. We all know his comments. Its amazing people try to defend this douchebag of a President.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

Oh I forgot if Trump said he has respect for woman so it must be true. What a load of horseshit. We all know his comments. Its amazing people try to defend this douchebag of a President.
    Your mouth has been that clean? Its never uttered things that if were recorded would seem? Be? Pretty disgusting?

Is it bad that he says things so disgusting? What if one just thinks certain (disgusting)things? Are they less guilty? Do you believe we are in control of our minds? Brains? Thoughts?
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

Your mouth has been that clean? Its never uttered things that if were recorded would seem? Be? Pretty disgusting?

Is it bad that he says things so disgusting? What if one just thinks certain (disgusting)things? Are they less guilty? Do you believe we are in control of our minds?
    Hahaha good trolling right here!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

Is it bad that he says things so disgusting? What if one just thinks certain (disgusting)things? Are they less guilty? Do you believe we are in control of our minds? Brains? Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure I haven't talked about sexually assaulting women. And I haven't heard others either, except when I provided sex offender treatment.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited March 2017
    Tiki said:

and I love The Police

Mother sucked though. That's their Stupid Mop, Bugs et al. Born in the 50s is the worst song lyrically although musically it's awesome.
  • Options
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

The dude was like 57... engaged to be married for the third time... he wasn't a high school kid. Give me a break. You really hear people that age talking like that? I'm 44 and I haven't heard that kind of shit in years.

Still I don't care at this point. I do care that people like you are defending a police state where we check our rights for security. No thanks. Fuck that.
  • Options
    Still sitting out the second amendment questions, I see.
  • Options
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

I have never talked about sexually assaulting women. And definitely haven't bragged about it.
  • Options

Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

I have never talked about sexually assaulting women. And definitely haven't bragged about it.
    Good. Only a moron would brag about sexually assaulting women.
  • Options

Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

When did he do that.
  • Options
  • Options
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

When did he do that.
    You know damn well what I'm talking about. Christ almighty. How about instead of playing dumb on Trump's sexual misconduct, you just answer the questions posed to you about constitution. Specifically the second amendment.
  • Options
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Tiki said:

When did he do that.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?utm_term=.468e6ce023d4
  • Options
    It's still about RUSSIA
This discussion has been closed.