Rogue One (SPOILER WARNING)

Comments

• Can we please just talk about how terrifying that Vader scene was. Worth the price of admission for that.
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• I loved it. Beginning with all of the jumps was kinda lame but I had a really good time and thought there were a bunch of awesome scenes
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Holy poop!

Damn good movie. Feel bad for the force awakens cast as they need to step their game up.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,177
    Hell yeah good flick !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I can't believe Disney green-lighted that ending.
  • Can we please just talk about how terrifying that Vader scene was. Worth the price of admission for that.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

That Vader scene shows how much of a badass he really is. Wish there was more of that. Having James Earl Jones lend his voice to him again makes this all the more enjoyable.

The CGI for Grand Mof Tarkin and Leia was friggin cool too.

Good story line. Now we know how they got the plans!

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I caught the beginning of Episode IV this weekend randomly on TV.

Was kind of cool, seeing that backstory now.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I added a spoiler warning to the thread title for people who hadn't seen the film yet.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I thought Leia's CGI was a little choppy, but Tarkin's worked for me. I loved seeing him in this.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i agree with whoever said there was some pacing issues ... i think the difficulty for the film is that you know what ultimately has to happen ... but the very last bit was fantastic ... characters were pretty good considering they didn't exist in any other movie ... would have loved if saw gerrera played a larger role in the film ... overall, I enjoyed it but definitely no need to see it again ...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    edited December 2016
    Holy Schnikies that movie was great.

I don't get the criticism about the pacing or the dialogue, I thought those were fine. It seemed a bit jumbled at first with the cuts to all the different planets, but it didn't take away from the movie for me. I look forward to following it better when I watch it again.

As far as the dialogue goes........ I thought it was 10 times better than TFA, after seeing that a few more times, I find a couple of Finn's scenes almost unwatchable.

Probably my biggest gripe was the aforementioned Vader joke, but his presence in the movie was better than the return of any old characters in The Force Awakens...... it was really really great to see him in this movie. (& yeah, his scene at the end was unbe-f'ing-leivable)

I thought this was awesome, and will definitely see again in the theater.

Edit: I understated how freakin' awesome Vader's scene at the end was. That was a 'seeing Mike McCready solo on Reach Down' level of awesome.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    The whole final act kicked major ass. (although you think the empire would have protocol on how close star destroyers can be next to each other during combat operations).

Also, why do storm troopers wear armor? I think they would be more effective in their underpants. I'm assuming the armor is supposed to be state of the art shit, but people with sticks seem to have no problems kicking the crap out of them.
    Trailer footage not used in the actual movie ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JgikAH0LF4
    After the nuking / beach scene ended, I thought that would have been a great spot to end the movie and was disappointed they continued to show the blast from space ... and then came the hallway scene!
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    So did no one else feel that they now have a glaring plot hole?

In Star Wars episode 4, during the first scene, a rebel tells Vader that they are on a diplomatic mission to Alderran. But...Vader supposedly just killed like 8 of your guys during a massive battle that the rebels initiated... And Leia even reiterates what the rebel said as if they had all just forgotten about the battle.
    bflynn1 said:

In Star Wars episode 4, during the first scene, a rebel tells Vader that they are on a diplomatic mission to Alderran. But...Vader supposedly just killed like 8 of your guys during a massive battle that the rebels initiated... And Leia even reiterates what the rebel said as if they had all just forgotten about the battle.

They were trying to play the diplomatic immunity card ... it was revoked.
    It's like blowing past a cop, having him chase you down, and then claiming you weren't speeding.

This is a film franchise that screwed up "That boy is our last hope." I'll let this one slide.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    bflynn1 said:

Princess Leia Organa: Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you've attacked a diplomatic...
    Darth Vader: Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.
    Princess Leia Organa: I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...
    Darth Vader: You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!

Seems okay to me.

• Jason P said:

The whole final act kicked major ass. (although you think the empire would have protocol on how close star destroyers can be next to each other during combat operations).

Also, why do storm troopers wear armor? I think they would be more effective in their underpants. I'm assuming the armor is supposed to be state of the art shit, but people with sticks seem to have no problems kicking the crap out of them.

Idk, the blind guy obviously had some force powers I guess.

After Ewoks were beating up storm troopers w/ sticks & rocks though, I'm kind of surprised to see this complaint brought up again now. Sure, it's a valid complaint, but it's also sci fi, where does your suspension of disbelief begin & end?

Jason P said:

After Ewoks were beating up storm troopers w/ sticks & rocks though, I'm kind of surprised to see this complaint brought up again now. Sure, it's a valid complaint, but it's also sci fi, where does your suspension of disbelief begin & end?
    also ... doesn't that staff turn into like some kind of bow? ... could be more than a stick ...

Jason P said:

Didn't Jen play whack-a-mole also on a few troopers? Anywho, just poking light
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Didn't Jen play whack-a-mole also on a few troopers? Anywho, just poking light
    stormtroopes are like orcs ... completely useless and inept baddies ...
  • Saw it last night and really liked it, so much better than last years'. Diego Luna was a good choice :smile: Jaysus though there was a lot of death!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Jason P said:

Trailer footage not used in the actual movie ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JgikAH0LF4

Director's cut w/ bonus footage? :grin:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    caught a 12:30 am showing on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Dug it a lot. Might have to see it again cause i closed my eyes a few times towards the beginning. Went out before and a few a drinks with some friends and we were talking about star wars. there was a movie theater a few miles away that was playing it that late (which i was surprised). Only got like 3 hours of sleep. Last scene was pretty sweet.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    BY JONATHON DORNBUSH Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher has reportedly suffered a heart attack at the age of 60 while on an international flight and is currently in "critical condition" according to multiple reports.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Fisher was in critical condition following what emergency officials described as a "cardiac episode" that occurred during her flight from London on Friday, December 23. She was then rushed to the hospital by paramedics from the Los Angeles Fire Department after the plane landed at LAX. A source also confirming the "full cardiac arrest" to NBC News said the actress' condition was "not good."
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Holy shit this movie kicked some major ass!! So dark and a lot of action. My current rankings are:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761

caught a 12:30 am showing on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Dug it a lot. Might have to see it again cause i closed my eyes a few times towards the beginning. Went out before and a few a drinks with some friends and we were talking about star wars. there was a movie theater a few miles away that was playing it that late (which i was surprised). Only got like 3 hours of sleep. Last scene was pretty sweet.

saw it again on Wednesday evening and I did the same thing around the same part was apparently kinda tired and nodded off a few times image:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC