Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    g under p said:

Jason P said:

Trump on getting elected: "I outworked everybody, I think I outworked anyone who ever ran for office. I learned that from Belichick."

OMGoodness Trump really said that.....Oh boy.

Peace
    I thought that was AMT humor. Holy crap.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Jason P said:
    Gabbo's lineup is just as pathetic as the Trump performers if you think about it. RHCP and Bette Midler would never support Orange Bin Laden.
  • Options

A president for all white people. Trying to find a person of color on the National Mall while listening to the Archbishop pray for wisdom . . .

That Archbishop has a wicked sense of humor.
    Don't start any blasphemous rumors, now.
  • Options

a billionaire business man had to learn his work ethic from a football coach.

Tom Brady for Secretary of Offense!

Just another reason to hate the Pats. At least the Cowgirls got eliminated. Silver lining.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

At the Inaugural Concert tonight The Donald and Melania walked out to the Rolling Stones' "Heart of Stone". Who picks these walkout songs?

There's been so many girls that I've known
    I've made so many cry, and still I wonder why
    Here comes a little girl, I see her walking down the street
    She's all by herself, I try to knock her off her feet
    'Cause you'll never break, never break, never break, never break
    This heart of stone, oh no, no, this heart of stone
    What's different about her I don't really know
    No matter how I try, I just can't make her cry
    'Cause you'll never break, never break, never break, never break
    This heart of stone, oh no, no, this heart of stone
    Don't keep on looking that same old way
    If you try acting sad, you'll only make me glad
    Better listen little girl, if you going walking down the street
    I ain't got no love, I ain't the kind to meet
    'Cause you'll…

Edit: He picks the most ironic Stones' songs: "Heart of Stone" tonight. "Can't Always Get What You Want" at his rallies. "Sympathy for the Devil" at his victory speech. Really strange! Or really honest!

And I thought Adam Levine ruined their legacy. :lol:

This country is shattered. We need some emotional rescue. Trump's so cold. He's so cold cold cold. Rape and murder it's just a shot a way with him in charge.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

dignin said:

The boycotts of the inaugural by politicians is ridiculous. All we heard about during the campaign was how precious our democracy is and how elections should be honored. Now, when there is a peaceful transition of power between unrelated people (which was a crazy idea back in the 1700's), the Dems are boycotting. I thought they loved their country and democracy. Maybe it was all just a partisan game after all? I get that they think Trump is an idiot.

It's still peaceful. I don't see the problem.
    They are boycotting because they don''t view the election as legit. That is exactly what the Dems were crying about during the last few weeks of the election.
    They don't view it legit based on the briefing presented to them by intelligence community !
    Again, the hypocrisy of the left criticizing Trump for giving a wait and see answer during the debate when the libs should have said the same thing based on what they are doing now.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my god. reading his inaugural speech, that sounded like the speech of a supreme dicator in some dystopian future.

I will never submit to getting a tiny orange hand tattooed on my left wrist. NEVER!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dignin said:

The boycotts of the inaugural by politicians is ridiculous. All we heard about during the campaign was how precious our democracy is and how elections should be honored. Now, when there is a peaceful transition of power between unrelated people (which was a crazy idea back in the 1700's), the Dems are boycotting. I thought they loved their country and democracy. Maybe it was all just a partisan game after all? I get that they think Trump is an idiot.

They are boycotting because they don''t view the election as legit. That is exactly what the Dems were crying about during the last few weeks of the election.
    They don't view it legit based on the briefing presented to them by intelligence community !
    Again, the hypocrisy of the left criticizing Trump for giving a wait and see answer during the debate when the libs should have said the same thing based on what they are doing now.
    how is it hypcrisy? no one in their right mind believed there would be "rigging". trump didn't even know. it was a lucky guess borne of paranoia and extreme narcicism.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

my god. reading his inaugural speech, that sounded like the speech of a supreme dicator in some dystopian future.

I will never submit to getting a tiny orange hand tattooed on my left wrist. NEVER!

The audio sounded like it, too. Staccato delivery, alienating instead of unifying, slamming past presidents (who were on the podium), current congress (who were on the podium), foreign nations, etc... Very nationalistic (America First!), isolationist, and confrontational. But at least he's going to Make America Great Again!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited January 2017

dignin said:

how is it hypcrisy? no one in their right mind believed there would be "rigging". trump didn't even know. it was a lucky guess borne of paranoia and extreme narcicism.
    Tell me then, what is wrong with saying that you will evaluate the election results after they happen? How stupid is it that the Republicans signed a pledge to support the eventual nominee and then had to back off the pledge when Trump won the nomination?

I don't think it makes sense to made decisions on hypotheticals. I think Jeb Bush should be able to say, "I will decide to support the Republican candidate (if not me) when the Republican candidate wins the nomination." Why can't Trump say, "I will determine whether to challenge the election when there is an election that can be challenged". But instead, the media forces candidates into positions they cannot possibly make a decision on currently.

And by the way, Trump's answer was completely, utterly correct (which doesn't happen much) as borne out by actual events.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    It was a great speech. Tremendous. He even used a line by Bane from Batman. Maybe it was coincidental...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

It was a great speech. Tremendous. He even used a line by Bane from Batman. Maybe it was coincidental...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited January 2017
    Thought the Donald and family did a good job..baron behaved..and there wasn't that moment where all i could do is shake my head in disbelief and embarasment..lets see what happens
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

dignin said:

Tell me then, what is wrong with saying that you will evaluate the election results after they happen? How stupid is it that the Republicans signed a pledge to support the eventual nominee and then had to back off the pledge when Trump won the nomination?

I don't think it makes sense to made decisions on hypotheticals. I think Jeb Bush should be able to say, "I will decide to support the Republican candidate (if not me) when the Republican candidate wins the nomination." Why can't Trump say, "I will determine whether to challenge the election when there is an election that can be challenged". But instead, the media forces candidates into positions they cannot possibly make a decision on currently.

And by the way, Trump's answer was completely, utterly correct (which doesn't happen much) as borne out by actual events.
    I don't recall personally having an issue with him saying that. i thought it was overblown by the media and the clinton camp. but to me, at the time, it showed his ridiculous paranoia and ego in that he couldn't possibly lose unless his opponent cheated. I think the real issue was that people feared that it was going to cause violent outbreaks if he lost.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dignin said:

I don't recall personally having an issue with him saying that. i thought it was overblown by the media and the clinton camp. but to me, at the time, it showed his ridiculous paranoia and ego in that he couldn't possibly lose unless his opponent cheated. I think the real issue was that people feared that it was going to cause violent outbreaks if he lost.
    Well, the only people that should be fearing "political" violence against them are the ones wearing Trump gear it seems. One Trump supporter in Chicago was beaten and had his car stolen, and I never saw that in the MSM.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Thought the Donald and family did a good job..baron behaved..and there wasn't that moment where all i could do is shake my head in disbelief and embarasment..lets see what happens

What's your timeline for seeing what happens? Mine has already passed and it's it's past tense. I've seen what has happened.
  • Options

dignin said:

Well, the only people that should be fearing "political" violence against them are the ones wearing Trump gear it seems. One Trump supporter in Chicago was beaten and had his car stolen, and I never saw that in the MSM.
    one isolated incident doesn't mean squat. just like when people were talking smack about some trump supporters trashing that office, equating them with your average trump supporter, I also said "bullshit". thugs will be thugs, no matter which party.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dignin said:

one isolated incident doesn't mean squat. just like when people were talking smack about some trump supporters trashing that office, equating them with your average trump supporter, I also said "bullshit". thugs will be thugs, no matter which party.
    Exactly. The more the media can report both sides than I think that can help the country come together. When people feel like they are not be preresented fairly they take it out on others (who aren't even at fault since it is the politicians and media that try to manufacture conflict).
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I guess we liberals are supposed to take ownership of the morons rioting in D.C. I guess if we have to own faux liberals, you need to own faux conservatives like David Duke and his "We did it!" tweet today.
  • Options

I guess we liberals are supposed to take ownership of the morons rioting in D.C. I guess if we have to own faux liberals, you need to own faux conservatives like David Duke and his "We did it!" tweet today.

Yeah what you're describing is one of my biggest annoyances through all this. People calling looters/rioters "Hillary Supporters" like those people give a shit one way or another about Hillary.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

They're gonna scream "But but but Robert Byrd and they founded the KKK!" as typical strawman crap.

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Americanism NOT Globalism.
    and that's ...

• Options
    Trump wants to create 25 million jobs. I wonder if he knows that there aren't 25 million people looking for a job?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Anybody else catch Melania dissing Obama during handshake greetings right before the speeches? He was extending a hand to all the Trump family and she appeared to blatantly ignore him.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/news/2017/01/20/dc-officers-injured-95-arrested-in-inauguration-riots.aspx

Globalist supporters looting a Starbucks near the parade route? crazy kids, lmao
    They shoulda put "SCHULTZ OWNED" in big letters on the front and they woulda got a pass. lmao
  • Options
    rssesq said:

http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/news/2017/01/20/dc-officers-injured-95-arrested-in-inauguration-riots.aspx

Globalist supporters looting a Starbucks near the parade route? crazy kids, lmao
    They shoulda put "SCHULTZ OWNED" in big letters on the front and they woulda got a pass. lmao

What are you trying to say?
  • Options
    #BLM
    BaristaLivesMatter
  • Options
    OP
    The thread title needs to be changed.

The inauguration speech wasn't anything special it was more like a rally speech.
    Nothing in there was bad at all. However there was mention of something Obama would never say.
    President Trump now officially calls it Radical Islamic Terrorism.
This discussion has been closed.