Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

A look at 10 of the key promises Trump made for his first day as president:
    Introduce a constitutional amendment for congressional term limits.
    Freeze hiring for the federal government to reduce payrolls, although the military, public safety and public health agencies would be exempt.
    Ban White House and congressional officials from becoming lobbyists for five years after they leave the government.
    Announce plans to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico or withdraw from the deal.
    Formally withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
    Lift restrictions on mining coal and drilling for oil and natural gas.
    Remove any Obama-era roadblocks to energy projects such as the Keystone XL pipeline.
    Cancel U.S. payments to UN climate change programs and redirect the money to U.S. water and environmental infrastructure.
    Stop all federal funding to “sanctuary cities,” places where local officials don’t arrest or detain immigrants living in the country illegally for federal authorities.
    Suspend immigration from regions associated with terrorism where vetting is difficult. 

so in other words, turning back the clock.
    Yep. Get those women back in the kitchen and white men living free and clear to harass women and minorities carte blanch. Anyone that says we need to "rebuild" our country clearly thinks the civil war just ended.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ^^^
    Nothing in the above is good?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

^^^
    Nothing in the above is good?

What do you think ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ^^^
    I think there're plenty of good things just like the many people in your country do that made today possible.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I'm just impressed at the maturity and tolerance being displayed by the left wingers at the protests today...wait, riots and fires again :|

Not a single person in this country has acted less mature over the last year and a half than our new president.
    That's a bit of an exaggeration...
    Ok so let's see who else that's been in the públics eye for the past yr has been worse than him ?
    Hillary Clinton, obviously....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I'm just impressed at the maturity and tolerance being displayed by the left wingers at the protests today...wait, riots and fires again :|

Not a single person in this country has acted less mature over the last year and a half than our new president.
    Ok so let's see who else that's been in the públics eye for the past yr has been worse than him ?
    Oh come on, that's just ludicrous. Usually you post ration thoughts.
    Not today I guess, Clinton was less mature than Trump? Simply ridiculous.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

I guess we liberals are supposed to take ownership of the morons rioting in D.C. I guess if we have to own faux liberals, you need to own faux conservatives like David Duke and his "We did it!" tweet today.

Yeah what you're describing is one of my biggest annoyances through all this. People calling looters/rioters "Hillary Supporters" like those people give a shit one way or another about Hillary.
    From Micah Nelson, who has it right:

"Pretty tired of being lumped into the "dem" category just because i openly criticize the prez-elect for being a piece of shit. It is a cheap quick-to-the-draw assumption which is quite honestly getting to be very obnoxious. If I was all pro-Trump you might assume I was a "republican", which would be dead wrong too. This isn't about being "red or blue"., which is meaningless, topical and divisive. I've stated this one too many times, but I will again. Dems and republicans are two versions of the same agenda -- one is simply blatant and the other is more systematic and politically correct. They are both power-hungry, statist machines. People shouldn't accept being so generally categorized this way. It's not real. It is a fake construct designed to divide people from unification against the state. There. I said it again.
    Not that I subscribe to the extremist idea that all government is evil and should be abolished, although I think we could use some decentrilization of power. Less privatization of fuggin' everything would be nice too. Not to digress..
    Not a huge fan of Obama's bloody war record at all either. However, his policy was significant progress from the last president (Bush/Cheney) in literally every area. Obviously things werent perfect and they aren't today, but I was sort of hoping for some more progress this time yknow? I figured I wasn't alone there. I'm aware that ideas of "progress" can be vastly different from person to person, generation to generation...but I think everyone here for the most part is fed up with the overwhelming power of the state vs the people. I may be wrong, but I think there is something of a common denominator there.
    The irony here is that you would think anybody with two eyes could take a critical look at Trump and realize not only he is obviously not "of or for the people", he is a spoiled asshole who doesn't give a shit about you or anyone but his money. Whether or not you think it's all purely "schtick", it's not exactly standup president material. Take even a slightly critical look and anyone can see that he's not a great person to hand over the reigns to in an already morally bankrupt political climate. In fact, listening to him speak, I seriously think he may suffer from some mental issues.. I'm not trying to be mean here. I think it's sad that nobody has gotten him the attention he may possibly need. Either that or he's a cocaine addict. Ive known some coke heads and Trump has got major cokey vibes. I wish someone would get him some help, but he is obviously surrounded by "yes" people and so that probably won't ever happen. His spoiled adolescent behavior most likely won't be addressed by the mosquitoes around him who claim to care about him. I'm honestly not making fun of the guy here, I'm being critical. Because yea he's got his finger on the button, he could annihilate the world as we know it on a whim
    -- fuck yea I'm gonna take a critical look.
    "A critical look". What ever happened to the practice of taking a critical look at things, getting beneath the headlines and propaganda and seeing a bigger picture before making a judgement? I realize it becomes more and more a challenge to have a clear picture of anything at all these days -- we are literally drowning in the matrix... but this is why it is more important than ever to look deeper at what is going on around us. If that was happening I don't think as many people would be getting told to shut up and "give Trump a chance".
    This is not about democrats or republicans. There is deeply absurd levels of corruption in both. This is about being a "decent human being", an increasingly rare creature ..yet they exist all over the spectrum and cannot be generalized into "right or left". This is about steadfastly standing up for what I consider to be American ideals, both progressive and conservative ideals that the current prez-elect blatantly shits on every time he opens his mouth or signs a check.
    Take a deep look.
    Honesty, integrity, intelligence, class, compassion, humility.. decent human values -- very difficult to find on the guy. (Like his tax returns!) I wouldn't even let this guy in my house.
    I would let John McCain in my house. I would let Mitt Romney in my house. I would even let George Bush in my house purely out of compassion and forgiveness and an attempt at healing. I might even offer him tea. I would not let Donald Trump in my house.
    Yet somehow he's become the commander in chief of the free world and everyone is telling people who openly think that is terrifying to shut up and "give him a chance". A man who gave the responsibility of the nuclear codes to someone who didn't even know what the department of Energy does until recently (Rick Perry) and I'm being told constantly "give him a chance". A man who campaigned on "drain the swamp" and then literally hired the swamp as his cabinet, and im being incessantly told "give him a chance".
    THAT was his chance, along with a long list of horrible judgments, depressingly familiar hate rhetoric, and the most awkwardly cringe-worthy ego-maniacal, insecure personality I've yet witnessed. He's had a million chances. He spends more time fighting TV actors on twitter than fighting terrorists.
    It's not a fucking game.
    This is really happening.
    We see everything through screens, which makes everything feel more unreal. There is so much fake news bombarding us daily that it cripples our ability to act in any capacity. I've been a victim of it too and I try to keep my feed clear of it, although occasionally it slips by me for which I apologize. There have even been over-embellished anti-Trump agenda news stories that have made him appear far worse in certain situations (not that they needed to embelish). As unreal as it may all seem, this all has real consequences for real people living in a real world.
    I don't "hate" Donald Trump. I just think he's a piece of shit. I wasn't a fan even long before he ran for president. So far he hasn't convinced me that he isn't a piece of shit.
    It amazes me how easily manipulated folks can be by someone's "success" without even taking a critical look at what exactly brought them that excessive amount of bank-notes in the first place. Too many people are in love with "fame" and not talent. Too many people are persuaded by flashy hollow egos instead of looking at a person beneath the surface to see who they really are. Somehow we arrived in this shallow America... and I feel that we as Americans should refuse to sit idly by and let it become normalized. Fake news, fake people, fake president.
    So no, we aren't going to just sit around a wait to see what happens, fellow Americans. Trump has shown time and again what he is about with his words and actions. I believe him. This is just an analogy, but when someone tells you, "I'm going to rape your mother", you look at their history of sex abuse and then you FUCKING BELIEVE THEM. You don't instead then buy them a vacation getaway for two on a private island with your mother. Get it?
    I wrote a song a handful of years ago that seems apt:

MOSQUITO
    Mosquito on my arm, I love you
    So you can have some of my blood before I kill you
    Mosquitoes in my head
    Looks like we're living here together
    So just take your time, take my mind but then
    Please fuck off

O o o o o o
    Mosquito
    O o o o o o
    Mosquito

I guess that you were born a vampire
    Well you remind me of some folks I used to know
    But I would never pass you the pipe
    around the campfire
    Cause you know it'd be a waste of the tobacco
    O o o
    Mosquito

O o o O o o
    Mosquito"
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

The second she used the word deplorables made her on level playing ground w/ President Trump.
    rgams don't slight pjpower, stay on topic
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

The second she used the word deplorables made her on level playing ground w/ President Trump.
    Yep, calling a group populated with avowed white supremacists deplorable, puts her on a level playing ground with the guy who said, "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

:lol:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    http://m.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/20/1622806/-One-of-Trump-s-first-actions-axing-a-middle-class-tax-cut

And he's already raping the country with trickle down horse shit. FU Orange Bin Laden.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Of course there were less. The silent majority can't be seen.
    jeesh
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Yep, calling a group populated with avowed white supremacists deplorable, puts her on a level playing ground with the guy who said, "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

:lol:
    Right? His behavior, and that of many of his supporters WAS deplorable. Funny how all of a sudden so many people on the right needed their safe space when Hillary accurately described them (one of the only things she got right in 2016 btw)

While on the subject of Trump's gullible minions, how much of an FU to the rubes who chanted & believed in 'lock her up' was his acknowledgment of the Clintons today?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/president-trump-applauds-clintons-at-inaugural-lunch-i-have-a-lot-of-respect-for-those-two-people-210526559.html?client=safari

Suckers.......
    The vast majority of Trump supporters have lost too, it's just going to take them a lot longer to realize it.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    What have President Trump supporters lost?
    This thread title really needs to change OP.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

^^^

it's up to them to change it, I guess. Nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

as to your question...I think I understand what Merkin Baller was saying. I think he's suggesting that it will take longer for his supporters to see the negative impact some of his policies and/or behaviors may have on the country (& the world for that matter). This makes sense...his supporters are mostly happy because their guy won. Time will tell. I just hope he doesn't fuck up the country (& the world) beyond repair.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

^^^

Maybe some people are nostalgic for the good old days when Trump was just the President Elect of the United States.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    You know what will make America great again?

Well, do you?

The incandescent light bulb.

Bring it back!

Make America great again!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    Especially the 100 watt.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Oh my watching Pence dancing if you wanna call it that is priceless lol these two are stiffer than corpses
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Oh my watching Pence dancing if you wanna call it that is priceless lol these two are stiffer than corpses

Nothing will top Al Gore's Macarena. :lol:
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635

You know what will make America great again?

Well, do you?

The incandescent light bulb.

Bring it back!

Make America great again!

I want gas street lights. That'll bring those lamplighter jobs back! Amazing!
  • Options
    The thing that worries me about Trump is if he decides he will never leave. He'd be like some kind of dictator orange troll. Spewing nonsense everywhere. For ever and ever.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    How many protesters were arrested at Obama inaugurations?

I can't believe all of the Trump supporters were so violent today. Those libs were right to be so frightened. 219 arrests so far. Oh wait....no... it was the liberals that got violent. This again is one of the reasons Trump won. A good part of the country is sick of the bullshit holier than thou left and biased MSM.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    All I've seen from reasonable, legit liberal individuals is utter disgust for the rioters.
    Like I stated earlier, if you want to blanket all of these buffoons as a representative of any person with a liberal point of view and tie them to liberals- you have to be willing to accept any person who attributes all conservatives on the actions of people like David Duke or any other despicable person on the right.

I don't want to be associated with the rioters on my belief just as much as you don't want to be blanketed with racists on the conservative side.
  • Options

The thing that worries me about Trump is if he decides he will never leave. He'd be like some kind of dictator orange troll. Spewing nonsense everywhere. For ever and ever.

Don't worry about a thing. He's going to be impeached, impeached , everything is going to be alright.

Follow the money yo!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I can't believe all of the Trump supporters were so violent today. Those libs were right to be so frightened. 219 arrests so far. Oh wait....no... it was the liberals that got violent. This again is one of the reasons Trump won. A good part of the country is sick of the bullshit holier than thou left and biased MSM.

Waaa waaaa I want my country back. Well, you've got it. Did you get chills???????

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Is it just me? I thought there would be more rioting. He has basically been a professional asshole up to this point. Kind of expected some anger. The sad thing is he will love it. It is what he gets off on.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

Don't worry about a thing. He's going to be impeached, impeached , everything is going to be alright.

Follow the money yo!
    I think this is wishful thinking by those opposed to the Don. It's the same line of thinking that got him elected. The hope that something will stop him or that this can't really continue because there seems to be so many things stacked against him. Hoping for his impeachment, resignation, death, etc. is an easy way to get sucked in to not taking action against the many regressive policies he wants to push forward. He will fight for this as long as he can because if we've learned anything about him, it's that he's all about his image and legacy. Never have we seen such an egotistical, self-serving narcissist with a complete lack of integrity, empathy and character serve as president. We've come close, but none have exhibited all of the aforementioned traits in one total package.

I hope for the continued progress and forward movement of this country, but I don't think Trump will be the reason it happens. I think he can completely fail at this position without it causing the damage so many fear. His failure lies in our ability to persevere and thrive in spite of his policies and agendas that seek to rebuild or make America great again.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635

That's not really one of the reasons trump won. One of the reasons is that the world is changing, as is our country, and this is scary for the white privileged conservatives. I see it as a last gasp of once was as we move into a new era.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Follow the money yo!
    I think this is wishful thinking by those opposed to the Don. It's the same line of thinking that got him elected. The hope that something will stop him or that this can't really continue because there seems to be so many things stacked against him. Hoping for his impeachment, resignation, death, etc. is an easy way to get sucked in to not taking action against the many regressive policies he wants to push forward. He will fight for this as long as he can because if we've learned anything about him, it's that he's all about his image and legacy. Never have we seen such an egotistical, self-serving narcissist with a complete lack of integrity, empathy and character serve as president. We've come close, but none have exhibited all of the aforementioned traits in one total package.

I hope for the continued progress and forward movement of this country, but I don't think Trump will be the reason it happens. I think he can completely fail at this position without it causing the damage so many fear. His failure lies in our ability to persevere and thrive in spite of his policies and agendas that seek to rebuild or make America great again.
    Treason yo! Manafort, yo! Russia Russia Russia yo! Follow follow follow the money yo!!!

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.