Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    JC29856 said:

tbergs said:

^^^
    Why do some want this info so bad?

Summary put together by NPR:

The federal election disclosure forms do tell you something about the value of assets that Trump owns, but tax returns give you other very important information. First of all, they would tell you whether Trump paid taxes, and if he did, how much he paid and what his effective tax rate was. Tax returns would also show whether Trump’s claims about his charitable giving are true. Federal election financial disclosure forms don’t tell us that. Also, while financial disclosures tell you the value of assets, tax returns can tell you how much money Trump is making and how it’s being made.
    Fec discloses require estimated income by source. The filings are available to view.
    Right, but they lack substance. Also:

"First, the details of Trump’s financial ties would be clarified if he released his tax returns. There is evidence that the Trump Organization has attempted business deals in Russia. In 2008, his son Donald Jr. talked of traveling to the country frequently and told a real estate conference, “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross section of a lot of our assets.” There are suspicions that Trump is indebted to Russian banks, which is what he seemed to be responding to here. He held the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, which the Washington Post reports made Trump millions and was financed in part by a Putin ally."
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    JC29856 said:

Donny vowing to donate foreign hotel profits to US treasury instead of divesting? Newsworthy, discussion worthy?

No, it's a sideshow. Sounds like it's right up your alley though.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Donny vowing to donate foreign hotel profits to US treasury instead of divesting? Newsworthy, discussion worthy?

The character and credibility cheerleading squad alternate captain....Rah Rah Rah!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

The character and credibility cheerleading squad alternate captain....Rah Rah Rah!!!!
    I thought you were taking a couple of days off?

Couldn't stay away could ya, you missed us.
  • Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

I thought you were taking a couple of days off?

Couldn't stay away could ya, you missed us.
    Yeah...I my schedule changed. Kinda pushed back a day. I'm at hotel lobby ingesting gmo casadillas and gmo corona looking at Caps Pens game. My phone is a 5% so soon enough.

CNN waited 165 days or so for the trump press conference only to be denied a question and called horrible fake news.
    Classic!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Maybe this is the trigger that caused Rufus to travel back through time to advise our saviors, Wyld Stallyns

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    comic time i guess ... i used to read this back when i was 8 year old ...

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    Ok so the nations news outlets are all garbage as far as some here say ok I'll go along I've watched or listened to NPR , AL jaseera and other independent news outlets and it's not like they are painting a different picture of Bafoon he's still is who he is and in my eyes he's someone that can't be trusted ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,600
    rgambs said:

Free said:

and just because it's jazzed up and flashy, doesn't mean they aren't reporting facts. you take the facts and leave the rest. kind of like eating: use the nutrients, shit out the rest.

Are you guys seriously looking for reason to defend the media? I went to school for media marketing and then work briefly work in the field only to leave because of the hypocrisy.

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the hypocrisy.
    As has been pointed out, an intelligent person is capable of consuming media without being brainwashed.
    Your tone is arrogant and insulting, and I feel compelled to remind you that the media you consume led you to be sure that Trump would never be POTUS because he didn't even want to, and was working for Clinton, and would bow out in the end if it was close.
    The tone was also condescending and totally uncalled for.

Having "gone to school for media marketing" doesn't make your opinion the final word. Yet you insist on trying to make everyone feel and look stupid.

Namaste'
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017

rgambs said:

Free said:

and just because it's jazzed up and flashy, doesn't mean they aren't reporting facts. you take the facts and leave the rest. kind of like eating: use the nutrients, shit out the rest.

Are you guys seriously looking for reason to defend the media? I went to school for media marketing and then work briefly work in the field only to leave because of the hypocrisy.

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the hypocrisy.
    As has been pointed out, an intelligent person is capable of consuming media without being brainwashed.
    Your tone is arrogant and insulting, and I feel compelled to remind you that the media you consume led you to be sure that Trump would never be POTUS because he didn't even want to, and was working for Clinton, and would bow out in the end if it was close.
    The tone was also condescending and totally uncalled for.

Having "gone to school for media marketing" doesn't make your opinion the final word. Yet you insist on trying to make everyone feel and look stupid.

Namaste'
    You guys need to lay off Free. If both your feelings were hurt because of his tone you need to check yourselves.
    The media is having a hard time that President Trump won and it is hard for you two as well I know but attacking other democrats is not the answer.
    Bentley calls some people trolls w/ no Namaste at the end.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

tbergs said:

President Trump had some very good points in his speech.
    Michael Cohen as breaking news by CNN and building up a false story.
    Buzzfeed is a disgrace to journalism and propped by CNN.
    And if his sons fail they will be fired.

The problem with Trump and his team, is that they respond and address everything from a celebrity standpoint. Nothing ever seems to be addressed with serious consideration or actuality.

Spicer sounded and looked ridiculous to start. Clearly they weren't prepared for him to talk first based on the podium set up. It looked like he was going to need a box to stand on.

Pence looked like someone had a gun to his head and he was trying to convince everybody that he was willfully making the choice to be there and speak the words coming out of his mouth.

Then you had the equivalent of Scott Boras in Sheri Dillon, Trump's attorney, who spent the entire time convincing us how generous the Don is and that all of the money he will make as president isn't actually a policy violation so it's all good because his sons will run the business because Don's going to focus on presidential duties.

Finally there's the Don, who still acts like he's on reality TV and is giving TMZ interviews.

Someone get some real info out there so our country doesn't suffer through this for 4 - 8 years.
    See, out of your whole post the only digestible nutrient is that TMZ has the first scoop on everything.

I forgot to mention another good point he had in his speech.
    America and the rest of the world doesn't care about his tax returns, he won.

No, we need the pressure to stay on for those returns. More people care than don't.
    But you know that they're never coming right?
    I have a feeling that if he continues to publicly and privately shit on the intelligence agencies that these and other documents may see the light of day.
    After today's nonsense it will be the intelligence agencies who are on the defensive. It was just reported that Clapper called Trump to say that he was disappointed that this material leaked. "Leaking" (and I don't mean the golden shower variety) by agencies should be unacceptable under any administration and Trump will hammer leakers going forward.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    edited January 2017

Suck it up. It is pathetic. Maybe because I'm that akward 33 year old that's always been conservative, but I'm not a huge trump supporter, but he is the president elect. Like it or not, the next four years will be our success, or our failure. Grow up, this is how the United States of America's government is set up. Seriously, don't protest now because your race horse lost. be an angry key board warrior, do yo thang as the cool kids say. But this is how our demacracy works, accept it. This isn't the first time a democrat lost the presidency to a republican. It might be in some of you melinials that still wave and wear a Che' flag or shirt. But it'll be alright.

I am a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian (just so you know my POV).

I have not seen Democrats this mad at Republicans since the Republicans got the 19th amendment passed (granting women right to vote) or maybe even all the way back to when the Republicans freed the slaves.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    As a student of history like you fanch is I'm sure well aware, until about 1900 the Democrats were considered the conservative party and Republicans were the progressive party.

What about today's Republican Party makes you of the belief that they would champion causes of equality for minoroties or women? Hell, we can't even get them to agree to the belief that a woman should be paid equally as a man for equal work.

So please continue telling us how minorities and women have their freedoms because of conservative ideas present in today's Republican Party.
  • Options
    Maybe you could give us one of your famous drunken reviews but, instead of Pearl Jam records, you review the 2016 election cycle.
  • Options

As a student of history like you fanch is I'm sure well aware, until about 1900 the Democrats were considered the conservative party and Republicans were the progressive party.

What about today's Republican Party makes you of the belief that they would champion causes of equality for minoroties or women? Hell, we can't even get them to agree to the belief that a woman should be paid equally as a man for equal work.

So please continue telling us how minorities and women have their freedoms because of conservative ideas present in today's Republican Party.

It was a joke, sweetness. Laugh. Say haha. Yes I am aware of the history.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Latest tweet folks https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/819393877174087682We had a great News Conference at Trump Tower today. A couple of FAKE NEWS organizations were there but the people truly get what's going on
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Good Lord. I don't log in for 6 months and when I finally do, LVM is there within minutes to reply. Let's have a beer next tour. I suggest Cheap Trick.
  • Options
    Haha! Right on, man. It's been a long time, man. I think our paths crossed back in '06 in Cincy. Is that right?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited January 2017
    i

jeffbr said:

Donald Trump Actually Just Ended His News Conference By Saying ‘You’re Fired’

The parting words, which were also his signature catch phrase during his time as host of “Celebrity Apprentice,” came in the context of Trump discussing his plan to have his two eldest sons run his business ventures while he’s president.

“I hope at the end of eight years I’ll come back and I’ll say, ‘Oh, you did a good job,’” he said. “Otherwise, if they do a bad job, I’ll say ...”

At that exact moment, the president-elect pulled out a finger gun and said, “You’re fired.”

And with that, his first press conference in six months was over.

good god what a fucking buffoon.
    It's mind-blowing how many people support this guy. Common sense & critical thinking are a thing of the past.

it isn't really. remember GWB? he was not only elected but REELECTED by the same people.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Yeah notice he said "profits" rather than revenue....my guess is that there are no "profits" yet Trump will still benefit from revenue.

Revenue reduces loss when "profits" don't exist.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

HAHAHAHAHA.

*swish*
    Ooooooooohhhh. Way to go on attempting to knock. me. down! :lol:

Really impressive. :wink:

Free said:

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the glam covered "facts" as facts.

But that's your choice to be asleep or to be awake.
    Rejecting mass media news because you think it's biased isn't critical thinking, it's cynicism. Critical thinking identifies the bias in any source (because humans are naturally biased) and compares that over time to bias in other similar sources.
    Hey man it's your choice. Keep eating up what you hear and see on mass media, it's exactly what they want you to do: to stay asleep.
    no rebuttal. :hushed:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904

Anyone got the link to video of folks being physically assaulted at Trump rallies? You know, the ones where Trump encouraged violence? Wear a #buildthewall shirt, expect others to exercise their freedom of speech. Or does that right only exist for a few, the chosen?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want my country back and to be "great" again. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Those were bought & payed for, by Democrats!
    We suffered through 8 years of bullshit
    So let the Lefties cry at every Obama executive order that can be wiped out.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    vaggar99 said:

i

jeffbr said:

Donald Trump Actually Just Ended His News Conference By Saying ‘You’re Fired’

The parting words, which were also his signature catch phrase during his time as host of “Celebrity Apprentice,” came in the context of Trump discussing his plan to have his two eldest sons run his business ventures while he’s president.

“I hope at the end of eight years I’ll come back and I’ll say, ‘Oh, you did a good job,’” he said. “Otherwise, if they do a bad job, I’ll say ...”

At that exact moment, the president-elect pulled out a finger gun and said, “You’re fired.”

And with that, his first press conference in six months was over.

good god what a fucking buffoon.
    It's mind-blowing how many people support this guy. Common sense & critical thinking are a thing of the past.
    it isn't really. remember GWB? he was not only elected but REELECTED by the same people.

Trump recognized the post-truth era quickly and unapologetically managed his campaign accordingly. Trump's opportunity existed almost exclusively because of the sleazy and incestuous world of Washington, big money, and the mainstream media, who have been colluding to manufacture news, policies, and collective opinions where serving themselves was the goal, and serving the public was incidental. This kind of nefarious behaviour trained the American population not to think and not to care (because they couldn't do anything about it anyways). People were willing to, in stages, reduce their engagement for a few reasons: mental laziness leaving them susceptible to undue thought control, or a reluctance or incapacity to unify to lay down the ground ethical rules for what should and shouldn't be tolerated by government, corporation, and media (which you could effectively aggregate into one group since they help each other so exclusively and wholly) to the pathetically low point of engagement we see today.

Today, when awakened by the crude but often correct rhetoric by Trump (particularly when analyzing the ineffectual nature of current-state media and government at being agents of change), people have begun to realize how complacent they had become. Clinton embodied everything that complacency encapsulated. There's something about seeing that a vote is effectively useless at driving change, that produces anger and rage, replacing reason and logic (so much so that Trump could point fingers at nefarious actions, and that resonated far more than the fact that he partakes in the same nefarious actions). The populace was then left with a few choices, and I'm guessing that split was something like this: complacent citizens who don't believe change is realistic with either candidate, choose Clinton. Everyone else, choose Trump. Of course, there were the ones who found both unpalatable, and didn't vote. I'm really not sure the inner dialogue went further than that in most cases. As for the "deplorables", Trump clearly subscribes to the "no press is bad press" train of thought (and clearly with good reason), so the best way to do that is a grassroots effort to hijack megaphones, which don't concern themselves with what spews out of them - just that it's loud. When Trump effectively refused to disavow David Duke of the KKK, the KKK became a megaphone sending pro-Trump messages. Extremists are particularly great at bearing megaphones - they are used to screaming loudly to ensure that their messages are heard.

Democracy gives the intelligent and the not-so-intelligent, the critical thinkers and the not-so-critical thinkers, equal ability to elect. It stands to reason, then, that a proper democracy needs to convert the not-so-intelligent, the not-so-critical thinkers, or the people who fall under both - into intelligent, critical thinkers, in order to hold elected officials accountable, and to ensure that further elected officials are elected for the right reasons. This is an uphill battle when the systems (political, social, economic, legal) are designed to make not-so-critical thinkers out of as many as possible, and I wish I could see a light at the end of a tunnel, but I honestly can't think of a road that doesn't lead to destruction, when factoring in our fatal human flaws of greed and selfishness. If there is a way, it must start with tremendous education reform.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    Well said benjs.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747
    RYME said:

Anyone got the link to video of folks being physically assaulted at Trump rallies? You know, the ones where Trump encouraged violence? Wear a #buildthewall shirt, expect others to exercise their freedom of speech. Or does that right only exist for a few, the chosen?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want my country back and to be "great" again. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Which executive orders do you want wiped out?
  • Options
    RYME said:

Yes please let us know how your rights as a citizen we're trampled by the Obama administration? Unlike the Bafoon you voted for who will rewind human rights back 50 yrs to when America was great correct ..
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    RYME said:

I would love to hear about all the bullshit you were forced to endure over the last 8 years.

It sounds like you suffered tremendously.
  • Options
    How many Wall Street cronies has Bafoon hired hey Pjfan post the tweets when Bafoon was complaining about Clinton being in bed with Wall Street ..
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Jason P said:

comic time i guess ... i used to read this back when i was 8 year old ...

I watched his Saturday morning show a lot.

I'd rather have him as president. Make Mondays great again!
This discussion has been closed.