Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    edited January 2017

jeffbr said:

Donald Trump Actually Just Ended His News Conference By Saying ‘You’re Fired’

The parting words, which were also his signature catch phrase during his time as host of “Celebrity Apprentice,” came in the context of Trump discussing his plan to have his two eldest sons run his business ventures while he’s president.

“I hope at the end of eight years I’ll come back and I’ll say, ‘Oh, you did a good job,’” he said. “Otherwise, if they do a bad job, I’ll say ...”

At that exact moment, the president-elect pulled out a finger gun and said, “You’re fired.”

And with that, his first press conference in six months was over.

good god what a fucking buffoon.

It's mind-blowing how many people support this guy. Common sense & critical thinking are a thing of the past.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    Embarrassing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,492
    Bafoon Is an embarrassment to the whole world he should be thrown off the planet ! Along with his supporters..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    JC29856 said:
    This is your Trump's brain on reading.

There, fixed that one.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:
    As much as I can't stand the guy, I can't stand the media either. The media holds no more weight than Donald Trump does. ESpecially CNN. Why SHOULD the biased overblown MSM be given respect when they've proven what asshats they are? They're right up there w/ Trump, yet he's been given so much media coverage, he should be thanking them.

But whatever. This ship's a'sinkin.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is going to be a fun filled 4 years... if he can make it that long
  • Options
    Free said:

JC29856 said:
    As much as I can't stand the guy, I can't stand the media either. The media holds no more weight than Donald Trump does. ESpecially CNN.
    Yeah yeah so who does you & JC , what is the media supposed to do not ask ?s let this moron keep on lying everyday he spews a false statement ..
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    i cant see him getting through year 1.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Free said:

JC29856 said:
    As much as I can't stand the guy, I can't stand the media either. The media holds no more weight than Donald Trump does. ESpecially CNN.
    Yeah yeah so who does you & JC , what is the media supposed to do not ask ?s let this moron keep on lying everyday he spews a false statement ..
    What exactly do you find reputable about the media, an industry owned & operated by 6 corporations and whose hands are tied as to exactly what they can ask? Our govt and the MSM are in bed together; no journalist hired by the MSM is allowed to investigate our own govt anymore, they are fired (and have been) for stepping outside the lines. What you are defending is all a facade.

It's all a show.

Trump is an idiot; they've given him so much airtime, he owes them, actually, but CNN, a notoriously Clinton biased channel, deserves to be called out. To defend them is to refuse to see what is really going on.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    So CNN is Clinton biased but they helped get trump elected?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,179
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:
    What exactly do you find reputable about the media, an industry owned & operated by 6 corporations and whose hands are tied as to exactly what they can ask? Our govt and the MSM are in bed together; no journalist hired by the MSM is allowed to investigate our own govt anymore, they are fired (and have been) for stepping outside the lines. What you are defending is all a facade.

It's all a show.

Trump is an idiot; they've given him so much airtime, he owes them, actually, but CNN, a notoriously Clinton biased channel, deserves to be called out. To defend them is to refuse to see what is really going on.
    so, Mr. Fletcher/Gibson, where do you get your news from?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

What? :dizzy:
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

It's all a show.

It's all we got what do you propose we do just throw our arms in the air and just let anything this asshole does\say go unchecked please tell us who is the reputable news organization that is of your approval ...Go ahead show us the way to combat this Bafoon ?
  • Options

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

It's all a show.

so, Mr. Fletcher/Gibson, where do you get your news from?
    Why do I feel like I'm on a Ferris wheel. We have been talking about this over and over and over again since early summer. The mainstream media is owned by six corporations. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6?client=safari

Independent sources of journalism including TYT and Common dreams are 2 American Indies, but pay attention to international media. BBC, Al Jazeera are just a couple. They have no reason to be biased.
  • Options
    This tweet is interesting. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/819164172781060096
    Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?
  • Options
    I know about the 6 corporations thing. I don't recall you ever saying where you get your news from. if you did, I may have misse dit. I'm only here from 9-5, when I'm at work. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

It's all a show.

It's all we got what do you propose we do just throw our arms in the air and just let anything this asshole does\say go unchecked please tell us who is the reputable news organization that is of your approval ...Go ahead show us the way to combat this Bafoon ?
    Go check out what I mentioned above. Yes, we are programmed by human conditioning to think that what we are told by our news agencies isfactual information. If you want to be a truly informed citizen you have to look beyond that because it's all corporately owned (by only six corporations, mind you) and and we only hear with those six corporations want us to hear. It is up to you whether you want to believe what we are told or not. If you want to, fine. But it's not accurate. Research. Think critically. Seek out credible sources. Not mainstream sources. Mainstream solely focuses on entertaining, causing drama, and keeping the public in fear. It's not about informing the public.

• Options
    edited January 2017

I know about the 6 corporations thing. I don't recall you ever saying where you get your news from. if you did, I may have misse dit. I'm only here from 9-5, when I'm at work. :lol:

I used to like PBS, but since they become corporately run, even they are now slanted. NPR is slanted. I watch TNT, but they can be too biased too. I tend to watch international when I really want real news.

The thing about the US media, is that they focus on our bubble. The US lives in a bubble when it comes to media. They focus solely on the US. The rest of the world focuses on global stories including the US. Do you want bubble news or world news?
  • Options
    Regarding the "fake news" stories out there. They're all fake news. They've been that way for years.
  • Options
    Free said:

I used to like PBS, but since they become corporately run, even they are now slanted. NPR is slanted. I watch TNT, but they can be too biased too. I tend to watch international when I really want real news.

The thing about the US media, is that they focus on our bubble. The US lives in a bubble when it comes to media. They focus solely on the US. The rest of the world focuses on global stories including the US. Do you want bubble news or world news?
    I don't spend much time watching or reading the news (don't have tv and don't read the paper much), to be honest. but, as a canadian, US news gives me a perspective on US news, which for me is required knowledge. but most of my news comes from cbc.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017

Free said:

I don't spend much time watching or reading the news (don't have tv and don't read the paper much), to be honest. but, as a canadian, US news gives me a perspective on US news, which for me is required knowledge. but most of my news comes from cbc.
    So you've never noticed American news has a sense of entertainment flair, fear flair, and drama flair? Because that's all it is. Next time you watch, think about that, and the fact that The focus is very much only on the bubble of America.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

So you've never noticed American news has a sense of entertainment flair, fear flair, and drama flair? Because that's all it is. Next time you watch, think about that, and the fact that The focus is very much only on the bubble of America.
    well of course it's all about america. everything in america is all about america. that's nothing new. and of course, they sell news. people don't just watch the evening news anymore. it's a highly competitive market, so they have to jazz it up a bit, overdramatize, produce it with big flashy colours and headlines, etc. try watching the National on cbc with Peter Mansbridge and then turning on CNN with Wolf Blitzer. it's like going from your soft spoken grandfather to krusty the klown.

I trust most intelligent folks can weed through the sensationalism.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and just because it's jazzed up and flashy, doesn't mean they aren't reporting facts. you take the facts and leave the rest. kind of like eating: use the nutrients, shit out the rest.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

and just because it's jazzed up and flashy, doesn't mean they aren't reporting facts. you take the facts and leave the rest. kind of like eating: use the nutrients, shit out the rest.

That's actually an awesome way to put it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Are you guys seriously looking for reason to defend the media? I went to school for media marketing and then work briefly work in the field only to leave because of the hypocrisy.

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the glam covered "facts" as facts.

But that's your choice to be asleep or to be awake.
  • Options
    Free said:

Are you guys seriously looking for reason to defend the media? I went to school for media marketing and then work briefly work in the field only to leave because of the hypocrisy.

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the hypocrisy.
    I've read this post from you at least 25 times. enough already. you aren't any smarter than the rest of us. you don't know anymore than the rest of us because you went to school for marketing and BRIEFLY worked in the field.

I think plenty critically. as do most people here. I know what to take as fact and what to dismiss. strop treating everyone here as though everyone is a fucking moron. you are just making yourself seem like an ass in the process.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Free said:

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the glam covered "facts" as facts.

But that's your choice to be asleep or to be awake.
    Because "international" media couldn't possibly be profit/agenda driven? What "international" other than BBC and Al Jazeera do you get your news from. Please divulge, I'd like to check them out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    Free said:

What? :dizzy:
    I was paraphrasing what you wrote.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

You guys need to wake up. The media is screwing you and you're allowing them to because you're not thinking critically enough to seek the real truth. Stop buying the hypocrisy.
    As has been pointed out, an intelligent person is capable of consuming media without being brainwashed.
    Your tone is arrogant and insulting, and I feel compelled to remind you that the media you consume led you to be sure that Trump would never be POTUS because he didn't even want to, and was working for Clinton, and would bow out in the end if it was close.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
This discussion has been closed.