President Elect Trump

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Jason P said:

Trump seems to be having an enjoyable day so far.

SNL wasn't new, so Alec Baldwin couldn't ruin his week and make him SAD!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    Trump has guaranteed an increased product cost (Chevrolet can choose between increased labour costs, or indirect costs via the border tax). To offset this and still have a net gain or no-change scenario, Chevrolet will have to increase their volume of sales or their price to the customer. Needless to say, it's unrealistic to expect this to induce an increased volume of sales, so they'll have to increase their price, which you don't need to be an economist to say should have an adverse effect on volume.

In other words, because of the reality Trump is imposing on Chevrolet, he's creating a scenario that by default is unfavourable to the company, most likely unfavourable to its customers, and all masked as a positive through patriotism.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited January 2017
    You think trump was going to see those outcomes? The guy can't even write a sentence.
    benjs said:

Trump has guaranteed an increased product cost (Chevrolet can choose between increased labour costs, or indirect costs via the border tax). To offset this and still have a net gain or no-change scenario, Chevrolet will have to increase their volume of sales or their price to the customer. Needless to say, it's unrealistic to expect this to induce an increased volume of sales, so they'll have to increase their price, which you don't need to be an economist to say should have an adverse effect on volume.

In other words, because of the reality Trump is imposing on Chevrolet, he's creating a scenario that by default is unfavourable to the company, most likely unfavourable to its customers, and all masked as a positive through patriotism.
    blows me away that trump supporters can't see this. all they see in their eyes is "jobs! jobs! jobs!". what happens when those businesses go under for good because they can't sustain the profit loss due to increase prices (and probably large increases). either the american people are going to have to be ok with no affording their favourite things, or workers are going to have to be ok with lower wages, wage freezes, layoffs, etc, etc.

he has promised them a massively unsustainable economy. it was brought up during the debates, that most experts don't see his economic plans as viable, and some even went so far as to say it was dangerous. people bought it anyway.

make america broke again.

I wonder who this idiot is going to blame when his policies tank the economy and/or the employment rate.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

Jason P said:

Trump seems to be having an enjoyable day so far.

SNL wasn't new, so Alec Baldwin couldn't ruin his week and make him SAD!
    Wait until he promotes Boss Baby.

Fitting title for Trump.
  • I bet people will still have something to spin about this.

Bowel movement at 6:58 pm on January 3, 2017.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Who gets to go to the news conference? Hannity and Papa Bear?
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    it was sarcasm Hugh. if you read my earlier posts on Dave A. thread, you'll see have the utmost respect for drummers and all musicians alike.

Bowel movement at 6:58 pm on January 3, 2017.
    And this?
    JC too?
    comments
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    Oh good, a president who spins his own conspiracies instead of the media needing to do it based on partial information.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    apparently hillary and bill will be at the inauguration. i guess she's finally turning herself in.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589

I bet people will still have something to spin about this.

I like how he spelled out 11. Interesting choice for a tweet even by his low standard. Anyway, I can only imagine what he means by general news conference. Does that mean he pre-records a message and answers questions he pulls out of a hat submitted by his supporters. I picture something like this:

Don - Becky from Wichita wants to know how I'm able to create so many jobs. Thanks for the question Becky. It's all about making America great again and that's what I'm going to do. Next question....
    It's a hopeless situation...
    couldn't he at least use Facebook instead of Twitter? wtf is the idea behind limiting thoughts to 140 characters anyway?
  • ^^^
    He is precise and succinct.
    Touches all w/ less.
    Time for the Dems to explain how he won not him.
    more people use facebook. and it is a much richer environment for communicating and perhaps even policy making.
  • ^^^
    Zuckerberg can't wait for Trump to appear on his domain.

^^^
    Touches all w/ less.

do we really need to go over it again?

-divisive politics
    -fear politics
    -extreme over confidence by Hillary and her staff
    -perception (true or not is irrelevant) that hillary is corrupt
    -dems in power for 8 years previous
    -people actually (very naively) believed his "drain the swamp" tagline
    -stupid and/or apathetic public who take all statements at face value instead of doing their own research
    -many other factors that have been explained ad nauseum

www.headstonesband.com

• ^^^
    Touches all w/ less.

-divisive politics
    -fear politics
    -stupid and/or apathetic public who take all statements at face value instead of doing their own research
    Wow, I agree.
    At the end though, Trump was still the better candidate and won.

^^^
    Touches all w/ less.

-divisive politics
    -fear politics
    Wow, I agree.
    better. right.

grab em by the p**** better.

www.headstonesband.com

^^^
    Zuckerberg can't wait for Trump to appear on his domain.

Zuckerberg will be T's next press secretary.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Bafoon tweets the briefing was pushed back to Friday by agency to gather more evidence moments later agency shoots back stating meeting was always scheduled for Friday lol lol and he's running the show !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    How many times has Bafoon announced a news conference to tell us how he will let go of his business lol yeah ok we're waiting ..
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411

^^^
    Touches all w/ less.

-divisive politics
    -fear politics
    Wow, I agree.
    In your opinion, he was the better candidate.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    tbergs said:

Hmm, it seems he may be a bit constipated today. Tweeting from 1044 - 1120 and 630 - 651. Maybe he can get them to change it to "Shitter" instead of "Twitter" and hashtag it #sheeting. Someone should tell him just because money is green doesn't make it a vegetable...

:rofl: Thank you for the laugh. #FUDTNAF
    edited January 2017
    Also spent New Year's Eve with convicted mobster Joey Socks lol
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • mfc2006 said:

^^^
    Touches all w/ less.

-divisive politics
    -fear politics
    Wow, I agree.
    In your opinion, he was the better candidate.
    Actually I always thought he was the better candidate and this video, before I even heard of it that has been on AMT from JC accentuates my belief as to why he won.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    edited January 2017
    To each, their own.

Not here to get into a pissing match with you at all. I was simply stating that in YOUR opinion, he was the better candidate. That was all.

In my opinion, he wasn't. We agree to disagree. I'm good with that, and you should be as well.

To make a blanket statement such as "Trump was still the better candidate and won" is to completely ignore those that disagree with you.

He won. Yes, that is true. The "better candidate" part is up for debate (depending on your views, obviously) and will be for quite some time. My hope is that he doesn't ruin our country. Or, on a larger scale, the world. (Last time I checked, climate change is real & we don't have any chances on moving to Mars anytime soon. Also.....don't bring up the nukes for a headline.)

Post all of the videos you want. I will not waver one bit. I sincerely hope that he doesn't ruin the country. I hope that he holds the office in high regard and that the Republican Party holds the nation in high regard. It doesn't seem that way now.....at all.

That is MY opinion.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.