President Elect Trump

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

^^^
    Gp,
    His tweet was implying that the dems lost even in swing states that a potus was campaigning in - that speaks volumes.
    President Trump wasn't baited into anything at all. The press are the only ones who seem distracted by covering his every move or word.

it speaks nothing. Obama wasn't running. Hillary was.

Until quite recently, you couldn't stop complaining about how no one was paying attention to his tweets, now you are chastising them for being "distracted" by them? isn't it the media's responsibility to report on the PE and his upcoming policies or, in Trump's case, his childish ramblings?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    It does speak volumes. Having a lame duck president is not a good strategy in swing states, should've used someone that could've done something at the local level were she to win. Coulda, shoulda, woulda
    As for the msm I don't care about them much anymore, especially American news and especially that shitshow of coverage by them on election night.
    I was talking about people on here to pay attention to his tweets because for the most part people on here are a little ahead of the press and therefore give real opinions that are not influenced by the press- unfiltered if you will. Now the press is starting to catch on to his tweets but still don't know how to take him.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

^^^
    It does speak volumes. Having a lame duck president is not a good strategy in swing states, should've used someone that could've done something at the local level were she to win. Coulda, shoulda, woulda
    As for the msm I don't care about them much anymore, especially American news and especially that shitshow of coverage by them on election night.
    I was talking about people on here to pay attention to his tweets because for the most part people on here are a little ahead of the press and therefore give real opinions that are not influenced by the press- unfiltered if you will. Now the press is starting to catch on to his tweets but still don't know how to take him.

and who at the local level would have helped her more than Obama?

oh, they know how to take him. we all do.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

^^^

Nobody does. It's like ramblings of a madman.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    “In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”
    ― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    A quote from my granddad who still has a rotary phone : "The whole age of the computer has made it where nobody knows exactly what’s going on,”. Oops, no, that was trump.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    lol ok Trumpsters tell us how he will spin the latest on this Russian issue ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    The Huffington Post: Buffalo School Board Passes Resolution Telling Carl Paladino To Resign Within 24 Hours. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwn9yw-DI
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099

The Huffington Post: Buffalo School Board Passes Resolution Telling Carl Paladino To Resign Within 24 Hours. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwn9yw-DI

My favourite is the guy with the "Please keep Emperor Palpatine away from my kids" sign. Ever since Trump started forming his campaign, I can't help but think of him as America's Emperor Trumpetine.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2016
    How many times did trump say that soc sec and medicare wont he cut? I hope whats in this piece doesnt turn out to be.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/12/30/the-coming-assault-on-social-security/

The Republican strategy is to destroy this universal support by convincing the young that their FICA taxes are going into a black hole and that those funds won’t be available for them when it’s their turn to retire.

The idea is to pretend that Social Security is like an investment in stocks and bonds, and that the return is not very good in comparison to investing money in privately managed accounts (that’s what the Wall Street financial community wants: to get their hands on all those FICA funds totalling nearly a trillion dollars a year!).

But Social Security is not like a 401(k) fund. It is a government program funded by taxes and with benefits set by Congress. It is a wholly political construct, and it will be whatever the public demands it to be. Sadly, because most of the corporate media have bought into the Republican-led scam that Social Security is just an investment program with a poor return, many Americans are losing confidence in its future. And so for years, during which, as even now, small tweaks in the funding of the program could have made the program fully solvent right through the period when a large population of Baby Boomers will be increasing benefit outlays, and into the foreseeable future, and that in fact would allow it to be expanded (European public retirement programs pay benefits that are about twice as large as those paid by the US Social Security system!), nothing has been done.

IM IN!!
    Social Security could be fully funded for another 75 years or more by simply eliminating the cap on income subject to the FICA tax (currently only the first $118,500 of income is taxes, rising to 127,200 next year), so that all income is taxed, and benefits could even be expanded by adding a small transaction tax of a fraction of a percent on all short-term stock trading (a measure that would not impact long term investors or retirement funds).
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2016
    JC29856 said:

IM IN!!
    Social Security could be fully funded for another 75 years or more by simply eliminating the cap on income subject to the FICA tax (currently only the first $118,500 of income is taxes, rising to 127,200 next year), so that all income is taxed, and benefits could even be expanded by adding a small transaction tax of a fraction of a percent on all short-term stock trading (a measure that would not impact long term investors or retirement funds).

Of course they are going to go after the social safety net, it's the wet dream

This is my #1 soap box issue... literally nobody knows there is a cap on paying into SS and that its onlt $118k... candidate Obama spoke about this in 2007-08, essentially pointing out it is a simple fix... but of course this is one of my bones of contention with Obama because he didn't do shit about it

I was just talking to a guy at work that repeated exactly what you just posted, that SS will be bankrupt and is hopeless and needs to be scrapped... years and years of bullshit propaganda is finally paying off for these greedy fucks

People are generally clueless on this issue
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • JC29856 said:

How many times did trump say that soc sec and medicare wont he cut? I hope whats in this piece doesnt turn out to be.

The Republican strategy is to destroy this universal support by convincing the young that their FICA taxes are going into a black hole and that those funds won’t be available for them when it’s their turn to retire.

The idea is to pretend that Social Security is like an investment in stocks and bonds, and that the return is not very good in comparison to investing money in privately managed accounts (that’s what the Wall Street financial community wants: to get their hands on all those FICA funds totalling nearly a trillion dollars a year!).

But Social Security is not like a 401(k) fund. It is a government program funded by taxes and with benefits set by Congress. It is a wholly political construct, and it will be whatever the public demands it to be. Sadly, because most of the corporate media have bought into the Republican-led scam that Social Security is just an investment program with a poor return, many Americans are losing confidence in its future. And so for years, during which, as even now, small tweaks in the funding of the program could have made the program fully solvent right through the period when a large population of Baby Boomers will be increasing benefit outlays, and into the foreseeable future, and that in fact would allow it to be expanded (European public retirement programs pay benefits that are about twice as large as those paid by the US Social Security system!), nothing has been done.

IM IN!!

So does that mean the cap on benefits goes away as well? I mean their is a cap what you pay in as their is a cap on benefits.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

IM IN!!

So does that mean the cap on benefits goes away as well? I mean their is a cap what you pay in as their is a cap on benefits.
    Exempt the first $50k of earnings then tax the $50k to $5M bucket so the top earners can't cry. Everyone gets an equal first $50k exemption!
    Offer a "Cadillac soc sec plan" option for the high earners that funded soc sec. Wouldn't those high earners and soc sec funders feel really good about themselves knowing they subsidized the elderly to grow old gracefully?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    It is funny that people view a government that is 20 trillion in debt as a qualified alternative to privatizing social security. Both alternatives are pretty bad, but don't pretend that the US government is some great steward of our tax dollars. I'd rather choose where my retirement dollars go and control my own destiny but not everyone can do that so we have to pay for the government to bail them out.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    I don't think Josevolution will like this one.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What a national shame we have to deal with.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    "FoxNews gets it"

Lol
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited December 2016

Wow, that sent me down into the rabbit hole that is Drumpf twatter. Got lost for about an hour :dizzy:
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217

Yeah as if I take anything this giant Bafoon says to be sound logic , you keep kneeling at his statue every night will see if your prayers come true ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Here is a Happy New Year tweet from the American President
  • Here is a Happy New Year tweet from the American President

It's gold jerry! Gold I'm telling you!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Here is a Happy New Year tweet from the American President

It's almost like he's satirizing himself.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Here is a Happy New Year tweet from the American President

It's almost like he's satirizing himself.
    If only. How embarrassing.
    edited December 2016
    Dude has zero fucking class.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    It's just unreal. Every time I think he can't get any worse, he proves me wrong. How does anyone stand behind him with this childish behavior? It's actually disrespectful to children to compare him to them. How embarrassing to be one of his family members.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    America is Great Again on this New Years eve. Be not an enemy of Christ any longer. Grope will conquer all!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    my2hands said:

Dude has zero fucking class.

Exactly
    Damm childish and narcissistic
    People should be embarrassed for supporting such a self-centered....... (fill in the blank)
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    vaggar99 said:

America is Great Again on this New Years eve. Be not an enemy of Christ any longer. Grope will conquer all!

More like that Cannon punk rock horror film, New Years Evil!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Just when you thought it couldn't be more embarrassing to have this guy as the future President he goes and tweets again.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    Even more embarrassing is the 170,000 plus who hearted it. Yuck.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.