President Elect Trump

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    That is a long narrative to say that Hillary and Sanders lost to President Trump.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    You missed the point. That's ok.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

mfc2006 said:

^^^
    He is precise and succinct.
    Touches all w/ less.
    Time for the Dems to explain how he won not him.

do we really need to go over it again?

-divisive politics
    -fear politics
    -extreme over confidence by Hillary and her staff
    -perception (true or not is irrelevant) that hillary is corrupt
    -dems in power for 8 years previous
    -people actually (very naively) believed his "drain the swamp" tagline
    -stupid and/or apathetic public who take all statements at face value instead of doing their own research
    -many other factors that have been explained ad nauseum
    Wow, I agree.
    At the end though, Trump was still the better candidate and won.
    In your opinion, he was the better candidate.
    Actually I always thought he was the better candidate and this video, before I even heard of it that has been on AMT from JC accentuates my belief as to why he won.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
    Beauty eh
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    vaggar99 said:

more people use facebook. and it is a much richer environment for communicating and perhaps even policy making.

Facebook is a richer environment for bidirectional communication and collaboration, neither of which are Trump's objectives. Twitter is the right medium for the way Trump likes to govern.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mfc2006 said:

To each, their own.

Not here to get into a pissing match with you at all. I was simply stating that in YOUR opinion, he was the better candidate. That was all.

In my opinion, he wasn't. We agree to disagree. I'm good with that, and you should be as well.

To make a blanket statement such as "Trump was still the better candidate and won" is to completely ignore those that disagree with you.

He won. Yes, that is true. The "better candidate" part is up for debate (depending on your views, obviously) and will be for quite some time. My hope is that he doesn't ruin our country. Or, on a larger scale, the world. (Last time I checked, climate change is real & we don't have any chances on moving to Mars anytime soon. Also.....don't bring up the nukes for a headline.)

Post all of the videos you want. I will not waver one bit. I sincerely hope that he doesn't ruin the country. I hope that he holds the office in high regard and that the Republican Party holds the nation in high regard. It doesn't seem that way now.....at all.

That is MY opinion.

not to mention 3 million more people voted for the other major party candidate
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

more people use facebook. and it is a much richer environment for communicating and perhaps even policy making.

Facebook is a richer environment for bidirectional communication and collaboration, neither of which are Trump's objectives. Twitter is the right medium for the way Trump likes to govern.
    unidirectional communication...isn't that for dictators?
  • my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

To each, their own.

Not here to get into a pissing match with you at all. I was simply stating that in YOUR opinion, he was the better candidate. That was all.

In my opinion, he wasn't. We agree to disagree. I'm good with that, and you should be as well.

To make a blanket statement such as "Trump was still the better candidate and won" is to completely ignore those that disagree with you.

He won. Yes, that is true. The "better candidate" part is up for debate (depending on your views, obviously) and will be for quite some time. My hope is that he doesn't ruin our country. Or, on a larger scale, the world. (Last time I checked, climate change is real & we don't have any chances on moving to Mars anytime soon. Also.....don't bring up the nukes for a headline.)

Post all of the videos you want. I will not waver one bit. I sincerely hope that he doesn't ruin the country. I hope that he holds the office in high regard and that the Republican Party holds the nation in high regard. It doesn't seem that way now.....at all.

That is MY opinion.

Keep repeating that and maybe she will become POTUS,
    oh wait,
    :rofl:
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099

my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

To each, their own.

That is MY opinion.

Keep repeating that and maybe she will become POTUS,
    oh wait,
    :rofl:
    I don't think anyone alluded to that - just that being the better candidate and winning the election aren't directly correlated.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

To each, their own.

That is MY opinion.

Trump campaigned in the Midwest and made sure to get the votes that mattered for the electoral college. If it was a popular vote strategy the campaign would have looked differently.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532

my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

To each, their own.

That is MY opinion.

Trump campaigned in the Midwest and made sure to get the votes that mattered for the electoral college. If it was a popular vote strategy the campaign would have looked differently.
    Both campaigns would have worked differently.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    ^^^
    i still believe there will be more to come in terms of election tampering. the machines used in some of these midwestern states are banned in many other states and other parts of the world. Why? because they can easily be manipulated. How? I don't know, but my understanding is that it doesn't take much more than someone with reasonable hacking ability to make it happen. Also, exit poll data in some states in quite contradictory to actual results. conspiracy theory? yes. let's see what revelations the coming year brings
    vaggar99 said:

^^^
    i still believe there will be more to come in terms of election tampering. the machines used in some of these midwestern states are banned in many other states and other parts of the world. Why? because they can easily be manipulated. How? I don't know, but my understanding is that it doesn't take much more than someone with reasonable hacking ability to make it happen. Also, exit poll data in some states in quite contradictory to actual results. conspiracy theory? yes. let's see what revelations the coming year brings

Yeah it's weird. It all comes down to 77,000 votes in three states...that's what won the election for Trump. All of the other states fell in line with polling. Why not those 3?

Also...national polling was right on. HRC by 2%

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    vaggar99 said:

^^^

There was widespread tampering in Detroit. We found that out thanks to Jill Stein's crusade. Two-thirds of the voting precincts had more votes then eligible voters. The results in that county:

Trump: 229K
    Clinton: 520K

For some odd reason, the crusade for voter fraud lost steam with this discovery.
    Jason P said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^

There was widespread tampering in Detroit. We found that out thanks to Jill Stein's crusade. Two-thirds of the voting precincts had more votes then eligible voters. The results in that county:

For some odd reason, the crusade for voter fraud lost steam with this discovery.
    Source? You should be able to post a legit source for this crap.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^

detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

It was actually only 37% of precincts with more ballots cast then voters registered ... I was going off memory. They shouldn't have that issue anymore because Michigan just signed a voter ID law.
    Exactly why he needs to get off Twitter. You can't govern and 140 characters
    Is this his big reveal? Assange? Fellow pedophile?
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^

detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

It was actually only 37% of precincts with more ballots cast then voters registered ... I was going off memory. They shouldn't have that issue anymore because Michigan just signed a voter ID law.
    “We’re assuming there were (human) errors, and we will have discussions with Detroit election officials and staff in addition to reviewing the ballots,” Thomas said.

This was misinterpreted...poll workers made the error...not the machines. They reported an incorrect number of eligible voters.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Tweeter-in-Chief...

What a loser
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    my2hands said:

Tweeter-in-Chief...

What a loser

LOL!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    vaggar99 said:

Exactly why he needs to get off Twitter. You can't govern and 140 characters

Trump has zero character.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Twitter on fhe Shitter.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589

Twitter on fhe Shitter.

Haha! Must have been a real rough night...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    An album selling one copy a week to selling two copies a week is, percentage speaking, skyrocketing.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

For all those AMT fans of Jackie Evancho

You get your copy? Rocking to it right now I bet. Crank that shit loud and proud!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    edited January 2017
    Is this the song she is singing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1iM3hOKFdg

Seems appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.