President Elect Trump

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    PLEASE STOP POSTING, REPOSTING, AND QUOTING ALL THE TWEETS.
    THEY'RE JAMMING UP THE PAGE!

THANKS
  • Only when discussing Donald Trump can you go from Jackie Evancho to NIN videos and it doesn't seem bizarre.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    JC29856 said:
    Wow, NIN signed on to play the inauguration? Good for the Don!
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017

Only when discussing Donald Trump can you go from Jackie Evancho to NIN videos and it doesn't seem bizarre.

Motorcade procession song???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL72Tyxe1rc
  • PLEASE STOP POSTING, REPOSTING, AND QUOTING ALL THE TWEETS.

THANKS

Please take your own advice and ignore me.
    This is what your POTUS is saying man, not me.
    I don't believe I am jamming anything.

Anyone else want me to stop posting what he Tweets?

THANKS

I am one to never tell anyone what to post or what not to post. Have at it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    16 days.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

THANKS

No, I think Trump's tweets are extremely relevant. It's not like they're stupid memes. These are the words of the President-elect, and I think they should be posted and discussed, especially considering how haphazard he is with them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Compromise?
    "Trumps Twitter Tweets" thread?
    JC29856 said:

Compromise?

I don't care. I do feel like most of what we will know of the new POTUS will come from his crazy tweets, so I'm not sure it makes sense to separate the topics, but whatever.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • His tweets are all there is to him right now.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Compromise?

I don't care. I do feel like most of what we will know of the new POTUS will come from his crazy tweets, so I'm not sure it makes sense to separate the topics, but whatever.
    Just a suggestion... I wouldnt want to be his press secretary if he keeps tweeting like a madman post 1.20.17
  • JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Compromise?

Just a suggestion... I wouldnt want to be his press secretary if he keeps tweeting like a madman post 1.20.17
    One of the more challenging professions.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    edited January 2017
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589

His tweets are all there is to him right now.

Definitely. It's his only method of communication.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    The issue isn't the tweets themselves.

It's just like back when some people were constantly posting memes and other images that were slowing and jamming up the pages.

My two cents
    Flame on
  • The issue isn't the tweets themselves.
    It's just like back when some people were constantly posting memes and other images that were slowing and jamming up the pages.
    My two cents
    Flame on

Back in the day Donald Trump wasn't POTUS. Now that he is you have to accept all things Donald in a Donald Trump thread.
    These aren't memes you're right, they are words of a POTUS.
    It's clear you may or may not like him but these words need to be discussed.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    If someone wants to point to tweets, just post the link to the account instead of posting images or describe what was said.
    There's a toolbar above every text message box when you're writing your posts. Thank you.
    Admin

Falling down,...not staying down

My two cents
    Flame on

Fair enough. I forgot about that (but also didn't realize so many twitter images had been posted... I skipped a pile of pages). Yeah, Kat's right - it's not hard to just quote a tweet rather than posting the image of one. One good thing about a POTUS who communicates almost exclusively via Twitter: it makes it way easier to keep track of what the moron says.
    PJ_Soul said:

My two cents
    Flame on

Fair enough. I forgot about that (but also didn't realize so many twitter images had been posted... I skipped a pile of pages). Yeah, Kat's right - it's not hard to just quote a tweet rather than posting the image of one. One good thing about a POTUS who communicates almost exclusively via Twitter: it makes it way easier to keep track of what the moron says.
    Indeed. Shouldn't be long before someone puts together a blog, book or Tumblr with the highlights.

What happens on 01/21? Does he just change his handle over or will he tweet with both? That way therealDonaldtrump can talk about how great the POTUS is. I envision a back and forth between his alter egos.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    So hard to keep track of which thread what topic has been posted in, but I think the bit about the manufacturing jobs was in this thread. Almost certainly, because wasn't the crowing in one or two of his tweets?

Not everyone agrees that Trump or his policies are the reason that Ford decided not to move those jobs to Mexico after all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/04/the-real-reason-ford-abandoned-its-plant-in-mexico-has-little-to-do-with-trump/?utm_term=.33af208d80b8&wpisrc=nl_most-draw14&wpmm=1
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Here is a link to President Trumps' Twitter account https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump if anyone wants to follow it.
    I will no longer post his tweets.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • tbergs said:

PJ_Soul said:

My two cents
    Flame on

Indeed. Shouldn't be long before someone puts together a blog, book or Tumblr with the highlights.

What happens on 01/21? Does he just change his handle over or will he tweet with both? That way therealDonaldtrump can talk about how great the POTUS is. I envision a back and forth between his alter egos.
    Does the White House have gold toilets?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

tbergs said:

PJ_Soul said:

My two cents
    Flame on

Does the White House have gold toilets?
    No, but he's like the golden goose so lots of round hard objects will soon line the bowl....
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    JC29856 said:

THANKS

I am one to never tell anyone what to post or what not to post. Have at it.
    agreed
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I like the tweets... it's the only place I get to see them because I sure as hell will not be going on twitter lol
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:

I like the tweets... it's the only place I get to see them because I sure as hell will not be going on twitter lol

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I had never gone out to Trumps Twitter page until a couple of weeks ago, and relied on PJFan to keep us filled in.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

Here is a link to President Trumps' Twitter account https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump if anyone wants to follow it.

Post his tweets with the text of the tweet and a link to the tweet instead. I think that is what Kat was suggesting. That way it won't clutter things up for people who don't want to see the actual graphical tweets, but will still give us up to the minute, breaking lunacy.

Something like:

Hey, Trump just tweeted:
    Jackie Evancho's album sales have skyrocketed after announcing her Inauguration performance.Some people just don't understand the "Movement"
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

Post his tweets with the text of the tweet and a link to the tweet instead. I think that is what Kat was suggesting. That way it won't clutter things up for people who don't want to see the actual graphical tweets, but will still give us up to the minute, breaking lunacy.

Something like:

Hey, Trump just tweeted:
    Jackie Evancho's album sales have skyrocketed after announcing her Inauguration performance.Some people just don't understand the "Movement"
    Yep, only place I see the next crazy statement. Definitely not going to look for them or follow him.
This discussion has been closed.