Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Not sold out on my end.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pbody said:

Hey all, I'm new to this print/poster deal. Are the posters available on Ames site the same as the ones available at the concert minus the signature and #, or are the ones available online a better quality vinyl print?

Yes it is
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Not sold out on my end.

If you add it to your cart, then go to checkout, it says sold out.
  • Options
    pbody said:

Hey all, I'm new to this print/poster deal. Are the posters available on Ames site the same as the ones available at the concert minus the signature and #, or are the ones available online a better quality vinyl print?

The non variant is the same as you would buy at the show, except the signature and #. The variant wasn't sold at the show.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    EM194007 said:

Not sold out on my end.

Just went thru with one.....processing page
    Shopping cart
    Product image Description Quantity Price
    Temple of the Dog 2016 San Francisco Poster - Variant Edition1
    Temple of the Dog 2016 San Francisco Poster - Variant Edition
    1 $200.00 Scroll for more items
    Gift card or discount code
    Apply
    Cost summary
    Description Price
    Subtotal $200.00
    Shipping —
    Total USD $200.00
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I personally like my blue show edition poster I got at the show much better than the $200 red variant. I'm not a fan of the red poster, but I do like the blue one very much. Such an amazing show, that will make me smile everytime I look at the poster hanging on the wall for years to come.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options

EM194007 said:

Not sold out on my end.

Just went thru with one.....processing page
    Shopping cart
    Product image Description Quantity Price
    Temple of the Dog 2016 San Francisco Poster - Variant Edition1
    Temple of the Dog 2016 San Francisco Poster - Variant Edition
    1 $200.00 Scroll for more items
    Apply
    Cost summary
    Description Price
    Subtotal $200.00
    Shipping —
    Total USD $200.00
    Must have been some saved it carts, because now it will go through. as before, I was getting the inventory issue, when trying to check out. Still am not spending $200 on it.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909

Im curious as to why its only on sale until Monday at noon? Im assuming another Ames design tomorrow night?

Maybe it will go back into the Ames vault :lol:
    Seriously, like Ames would just pull them and potentially lose out on some sales....
    If it's a triptych like being reported, they may sell each individually for just 24 hours and then sell full sets after Seattle next week.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    They won't sell well on eBay.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    Regular is far superior IMO.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624
    The blue and green colors of the show edition gives it the Van Gogh Starry Night look, the red not at all.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    ski-bum said:

I wonder if thats why they ramped up the price. Flippers won't go near them cause they can't make much of a profit. Ames knows that we'll pay high numbers on auction sites so they just made the price higher to eliminate the flippers.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options

ski-bum said:

I wonder if thats why they ramped up the price. Flippers won't go near them cause they can't make much of a profit. Ames knows that we'll pay high numbers on auction sites so they just made the price higher to eliminate the flippers.
    If it was truly a fantastic poster it would sell for more on ebay.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    Lol at $200
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,539
    LOL - the variants are all gone.
  • Options
    shecky said:

Ames just made $40,000 from that poster sale...
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

ski-bum said:

They've been doing this with concert ticket prices for awhile now. Might as well give it to the band or artist then some scalper.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,539
    edited November 2016
    Well, don't forget the overhead plus other expenses they have: paper, ink, equipment, employee payroll, rent, utilities etc.
    More power to them!
    I have great respect for hardworking, creative, successful people.
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    ski-bum said:

ski-bum said:

They've been doing this with concert ticket prices for awhile now. Might as well give it to the band or artist then some scalper.
    Agreed.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    Have they sold poster tubes at the shows?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Not consistently. No tubes in Philly, tubes in SF. Can't remember for MSG.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    Suziemay said:

Not consistently. No tubes in Philly, tubes in SF. Can't remember for MSG.
    Msg had tubes but not for long.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    shecky said:

Well, don't forget the overhead plus other expenses they have: paper, ink, equipment, employee payroll, rent, utilities etc.
    More power to them!
    I have great respect for hardworking, creative, successful people.

2nd'd plus with all of you collectors losing your shit over every poster that's released, I'd charge you that much too!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669

shecky said:

Gross. Deduct ~2.5% for credit card processing and ~$8 cost per poster. They likely saw ~$37,000 net.

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    100 Pacer said:

shecky said:

Gross. Deduct ~2.5% for credit card processing and ~$8 cost per poster. They likely saw ~$37,000 net.

Poor them, lol. Good for them for seeing the profit they can make. I can't justify a $200 poster. If this was a older poster (i.e. 1998, etc), sure, but not for a show that just happened the other day.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    demetrios said:

Temple of the Dog rocks San Francisco… new poster.
    http://scrapedknee.com/temple-of-the-dog-rocks-san-francisco-new-poster/

When I was in high school I was a huge Pearl Jam & Soundgarden fan. At that time, the Seattle music scene was in its heyday with bands like Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, Tad, & Nirvana pumping out albums. Sub Pop Records was king and amazing loud music from this quiet part of the country was getting national exposure. As a fan, one of the best things about the scene was the family-like feel to it in which a lot of the musicians had solo or side projects incorporating members from other bands. Lots of these were for fun and not meant to go any further than 1 album which most didn’t.

Along with epic “super-groups” Mad Season & Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog was one of the more notable to form and definitely grabbed my attention as it was made up of members of Soundgarden & Pearl Jam. The band formed as a tribute to a fallen Seattle-musician, Andrew Wood (Malfunkshun, Mother Love Bone) and unfortunately only released 1 album which is currently celebrating it’s 25th Anniversary re-release this year along with a short tour. I was extremely psyched and honored to be able to do a print for this occasion and even more ecstatic to get to finally get to see them perform Live!!!

Since this tour is a bit of nostalgic journey back to the old “grunge” days of early 90’s Seattle I wanted the poster that represented that feel as well. The fashion of ragged flannels, long hair, painted nails, thrift-store everything is very recognizable as well as the Riot Grrl/zine, cut’ n paste xerox esthetic of those days. The dog may seem like too obvious a choice but it actually appears a lot in lyrics and I thought should be present.

One interesting thing is, since the band only had 1 album and probably didn’t tour too heavily, there are barely any Temple of the Dog posters out there to reference which adds a lot of pressure when creating one.

The final print is a 5-color (18′ x 24) printed by Monolith Press and I will have a small run of 40 Artist Edition Prints (signed/Numbered) available on Tuesday, November 15th @ 11AM (PST).

Was this sold at the show? I'm pretty sure I only saw the Ames poster, but I wasn't looking that hard (been trying to stay away from the merch stand!)
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    edited November 2016
    Suziemay said:

Was this sold at the show? I'm pretty sure I only saw the Ames poster, but I wasn't looking that hard (been trying to stay away from the merch stand!)

This is a promoter print for Bill Graham Presents. It wasn't available for purchase at the shows but I saw someone who works at the venue, I believe as a bartender, post on facebook that he got one internally.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

Suziemay said:

This is a promoter print for Bill Graham Presents. It wasn't available for purchase at the shows but I saw someone who works at the venue, I believe as a bartender, post on facebook that he got one internally.
    So it wasn't a handout at the end of the show like the Philly mini-poster was? That's what I assumed.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    100 Pacer said:

derbydave said:

That will be interesting...
    wouldn't surprise me to see Ames Bros do LA & Seattle posters too!
    To me, this poster is about average for an Ames poster...
    not GREAT,
    but DEFINITELY not one of their worst!! :wink:

I never understood the hate for the '10 Columbus. Putting aside the fact the show was terrific (which IMO helps to solidify a poster's stature), if this poster had the words NEW YORK CITY in place of COLUMBUS on it the price it commands would likely be 2X/3X its' current value. A "fun" poster you can enjoy getting lost in and analyzing all the little details...I may be in the minority on this but those are the hallmarks of a solid effort as far as I'm concern.
    I'm with you. I love the Columbus '10 poster.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    LA AMES - image from FB Davide Vania

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif