• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,824
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

KC138045 said:

hrd2imgn said:

That is one of the beat Ames posters in a long time

Lexington
    Lexington and Columbia. I think the jackalope was so bad people are forgetting that Ames had a great year until Fenway lol.
    Columbia was done by Taylor and Lexington was an uninspired rehash of an old poster. Ames hasn't done a truly great poster since 2007.
    I meant Greenville. I love both of these posters so your opinion is they haven't done anything great since 2007. Their Lexington is a very high demand poster which would suggest otherwise
    Being in demand doesn't mean it's a great poster(see everything from Wrigley 2013 although the Cracker Jack isn't bad). And that doesn't change the fact it is still an uninspired rehash of an old poster and theme(five guys in a v-ish stance in costumes).
    Greenville is one of their more inspired and original pieces in a while but I will give you that, still not great.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    derbydave said:

That will be interesting...
    wouldn't surprise me to see Ames Bros do LA & Seattle posters too!
    To me, this poster is about average for an Ames poster...
    not GREAT,
    but DEFINITELY not one of their worst!! :wink:

I never understood the hate for the '10 Columbus. Putting aside the fact the show was terrific (which IMO helps to solidify a poster's stature), if this poster had the words NEW YORK CITY in place of COLUMBUS on it the price it commands would likely be 2X/3X its' current value. A "fun" poster you can enjoy getting lost in and analyzing all the little details...I may be in the minority on this but those are the hallmarks of a solid effort as far as I'm concern.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

KC138045 said:

hrd2imgn said:

Lexington
    Lexington and Columbia. I think the jackalope was so bad people are forgetting that Ames had a great year until Fenway lol.
    Columbia was done by Taylor and Lexington was an uninspired rehash of an old poster. Ames hasn't done a truly great poster since 2007.
    I meant Greenville. I love both of these posters so your opinion is they haven't done anything great since 2007. Their Lexington is a very high demand poster which would suggest otherwise
    Being in demand doesn't mean it's a great poster(see everything from Wrigley 2013 although the Cracker Jack isn't bad). And that doesn't change the fact it is still an uninspired rehash of an old poster and theme(five guys in a v-ish stance in costumes).
    Greenville is one of their more inspired and original pieces in a while but I will give you that, still not great.
    I think Ames has a certain style that they stay close to from year to year. If you're not a fan of that style or if you demand that they constantly reinvent themselves year after year then I can see why you might prefer other artists. But to state they haven't done anything great in 9 years is a little ridiculous.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    2010 was the last great year for Ames
  • Options
    on2legs said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

KC138045 said:

hrd2imgn said:

Lexington
    I think Ames has a certain style that they stay close to from year to year. If you're not a fan of that style or if you demand that they constantly reinvent themselves year after year then I can see why you might prefer other artists. But to state they haven't done anything great in 9 years is a little ridiculous.
    The problem for me, is that most of their stuff looks "lazy" or quickly done. Compared to e.g Munk One who seems to but a lot of effort into his drawings, coloring, details etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,875
    Anyone know the measurements of the Ames?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,089
  • Options
    The variant ..

• Options
    Is it already sold out
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,407
    edited November 2016
    The variant looks better... i wonder how big the run will be
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Is it already sold out

It goes on sale at 12 PM PST/3 PM EST.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Is it already sold out

Today? Sorry I live in Europe. I don't understand time
  • Options

EM194007 said:

Is it already sold out

Yes, just under a hour now, before they go on sale (55 minutes).
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Is it already sold out

Thanks!! I really appreciate.
  • Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Is it already sold out

Thanks!! I really appreciate.
    Anytime, good luck!
  • Options
    QE340QE340 Posts: 22
    Any word on prices or edition sizes?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    $200???? Hahahhaha
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    $200?! Heck no to the variant
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    $200 for the variant, you have to be kidding Ames. :rofl:
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,444
    ONLY 85 VARIANTS AVAILABLE! Well, only 84 now.
  • Options
    51$ dollar for shipping to the Netherlands!!!!
  • Options
    No PayPal?
  • Options
    Im curious as to why its only on sale until Monday at noon? Im assuming another Ames design tomorrow night?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

Im curious as to why its only on sale until Monday at noon? Im assuming another Ames design tomorrow night?

That's what I'm thinking as well.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,444
    Actually, the price of the variant isn't that crazy. Based on there only being 85 red variants compared to 330 regular blue ones the price should be $272. And that doesn't factor in all of the blue regulars sold at two nights worth of shows - what's that, maybe another 1,000 copies or so?
    Buy now or cry later...
  • Options
    I like ames. Beautiful poster. Good service and always quick response. But what I don't like is the shipping costs. Come on 51$ to the Netherlands!!!! That's insane!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Maybe it will go back into the Ames vault :lol:
    Seriously, like Ames would just pull them and potentially lose out on some sales....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    shecky said:

Actually, the price of the variant isn't that crazy. Based on there only being 85 red variants compared to 330 regular blue ones the price should be $272. And that doesn't factor in all of the blue regulars sold at two nights worth of shows - what's that, maybe another 1,000 copies or so?
    Buy now or cry later...

It seems they got 85 people to pay $200 a pop, as they're sold out.
  • Options
    pbodypbody Phoenix Posts: 7
    Hey all, I'm new to this print/poster deal. Are the posters available on Ames site the same as the ones available at the concert minus the signature and #, or are the ones available online a better quality vinyl print?