Options

Temple Of The Dog 2016 Poster Artists

Comments

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    shecky said:

Still available!

So are night 1 as well. Think Ames will have trouble moving 330 of either of these show editions, especially when they'll most likely have all three available together as a set after the Seattle show as well.
  • Options
    Didn't take long, someone is trying to flip a Matt Leuning for $195.00 :angry:
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,814
    EM194007 said:

That's prob cheap compared to what we'll see eventually
  • Options
    Matts poster rocked. Congrats to him with the poster and selling it out!

Congrats to whomever picked one up!!!
  • Options

Matts poster rocked. Congrats to him with the poster and selling it out!

Congrats to whomever picked one up!!!

Yea it's an awesome print.

• Options
    EM194007 said:

Geez, I looked earlier today to see if there were any just from the free ones that were handed out, but I didn't see anything.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

I'm not surprised...
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    shecky said:

edwho said:

fyi: Back in the day if attending a Bill Graham promoted concert you received a free poster leaving the concert. So i think this plays off that.

Although Bill Graham Presents is long gone, they still hand out free posters at the Fillmore.
    Did not know that about Fillmore. Glad they kept the tradition going. Time for a PJ residency.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Did not even get a sniff of any of the free posters in SF. Anyone with a spare want to trade for the free Philly one? :)
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Did not even get a sniff of any of the free posters in SF. Anyone with a spare want to trade for the free Philly one? :)

They were only given out by the promoter to select people, might be a hard one to come by. It wasn't handed out like the Philly one.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    edwho said:

shecky said:

edwho said:

fyi: Back in the day if attending a Bill Graham promoted concert you received a free poster leaving the concert. So i think this plays off that.

Although Bill Graham Presents is long gone, they still hand out free posters at the Fillmore.
    Did not know that about Fillmore. Glad they kept the tradition going. Time for a PJ residency.
    That's a great idea - a Pearl Jam residency at the Fillmore. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did it in 1997 and again in 1999.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    I wish I knew about these earlier. My friend was working the Saturday show and probably would have been able to get one, if they were given to workers.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

shecky said:

Still available!

So are night 1 as well. Think Ames will have trouble moving 330 of either of these show editions, especially when they'll most likely have all three available together as a set after the Seattle show as well.
    I'm not sure why Ames would offer them in a set seeing that they will probably still be available as singles - people can order one of each.
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    edited November 2016
    If anyone got one of the free Matt leunig posters that they want to trade. I got a mad season poster to offer.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    EM194007 said:

Suziemay said:

They were only given out by the promoter to select people, might be a hard one to come by. It wasn't handed out like the Philly one.
    Sadness :(
  • Options
    shecky said:

EM194007 said:

shecky said:

Still available!

I'm not sure why Ames would offer them in a set seeing that they will probably still be available as singles - people can order one of each.
    I might be wrong, but still say they offer a 3 poster set. Could be a uncut version, who knows what they actually have planned though, time will tell.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

shecky said:

EM194007 said:

shecky said:

Still available!

I might be wrong, but still say they offer a 3 poster set. Could be a uncut version, who knows what they actually have planned though, time will tell.
    Yeah, time will tell. Don't think they could do an uncut sheet of all three regular versions, though - it would be 54" wide!
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'll pay cash to anyone wanting to get rid of the Matt Leunig poster. Wanted to get one for my brother but immediately got shut out at 1 Central and never had a chance. Even kept refreshing hoping some would release from carts.
  • Options
    Posted by Matt Leunig

November 15, 2016 by Scraped Knee

The band had their own which was present at the Merch booth. This poster was commissioned by the promoter/venue which they do for Sold Out shows and was more of a backstage poster given to the band, those who worked the show, sometimes VIP and honestly who know where else it ended up.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    i got a matt leunig poster today via the online onsale...cost $40 US plus shipping. you could only buy 1 and it was really specific that anybody who ordered more than one would have all orders cancelled.
  • Options

i got a matt leunig poster today via the online onsale...cost $40 US plus shipping. you could only buy 1 and it was really specific that anybody who ordered more than one would have all orders cancelled.

They were $50 plus shipping
  • Options
    oops my bad
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,927
    $50 plus a shipping charge of only $15 to Canada.

• Options
    Shipping rates are better than ames
  • Options
    Im still upset i missed out. Great poster and such a limited run.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I'd like to think that almost all of these will be in the hands of fans. That's promising.
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:

I'd like to think that almost all of these will be in the hands of fans. That's promising.
    I hope. Only 2 showed up on eBay so far.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Usually 10% end up on the bay so expect another 2 then you might not see these at all.
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Usually 10% end up on the bay so expect another 2 then you might not see these at all.
    Yea. I hate to do it but I might have to consider splurging on this one.
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I agree, you won't see many more AP's show up for sale on fleabay, unless a few are waiting for them to have it in hand before selling.

What's really shocking, is not one of the ones given out to the select people hasn't shown up for sale on fleabay yet. You'd figure, out of the 400, that a few would have popped up for sale already.