Options

Temple Of The Dog 2016 Poster Artists

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Im still upset i missed out. Great poster and such a limited run.

I'd like to think that almost all of these will be in the hands of fans. That's promising.
    I hope. Only 2 showed up on eBay so far.
    Usually 10% end up on the bay so expect another 2 then you might not see these at all.
    I agree, you won't see many more AP's show up for sale on fleabay, unless a few are waiting for them to have it in hand before selling.

What's really shocking, is not one of the ones given out to the select people hasn't shown up for sale on fleabay yet. You'd figure, out of the 400, that a few would have popped up for sale already.
    I would bet that a lot of the people don't know. They probably just were like, "Cool a free poster from I band I don't know." My friend, who worked Saturday's show said she didn't see any, but she wasn't looking either.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I'd like to think that almost all of these will be in the hands of fans. That's promising.
    Usually 10% end up on the bay so expect another 2 then you might not see these at all.
    I agree, you won't see many more AP's show up for sale on fleabay, unless a few are waiting for them to have it in hand before selling.

What's really shocking, is not one of the ones given out to the select people hasn't shown up for sale on fleabay yet. You'd figure, out of the 400, that a few would have popped up for sale already.
    I would bet that a lot of the people don't know. They probably just were like, "Cool a free poster from I band I don't know." My friend, who worked Saturday's show said she didn't see any, but she wasn't looking either.
    Still, in this day and age, I don't buy it that people don't know or wouldn't try and do some research about the item, or just a few throw them up for shits and giggles on ebay to see if they could make a dollar or two. 400 is still a lot of posters to be handed out, and not to see at least one pop up someplace for sale.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Still, in this day and age, I don't buy it that people don't know or wouldn't try and do some research about the item, or just a few throw them up for shits and giggles on ebay to see if they could make a dollar or two. 400 is still a lot of posters to be handed out, and not to see at least one pop up someplace for sale.
    Could be the rarest pj related poster then?

I've got one and I'm stoked!
  • Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

+1
  • Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Not going that far yet. It will be a hard one to get in the future though, that's for sure. Glad I have one on the way as well.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Possibly rare, but the demand won't be there cause it wasn't a PJ related show sanctioned print. They obviously allowed the venues to do this, but I don't see it as any different than fan art.

Doesn't take away from the quality of the print or how happy some of you should be to have it in your collection, but those who bought it expecting it to be worth thousands of dollars I think will be disappointed.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    edited November 2016
    scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Possibly rare, but the demand won't be there cause it wasn't a PJ related show sanctioned print. They obviously allowed the venues to do this, but I don't see it as any different than fan art.

Doesn't take away from the quality of the print or how happy some of you should be to have it in your collection, but those who bought it expecting it to be worth thousands of dollars I think will be disappointed.
    so the missing links are fan art then? Or how about Hatch prints?

I don't care either way. I like it.
  • Options
    The pj in Amsterdam 2014 as also prints that where not available at the show. Only at the pj pop-up shop
  • Options

The pj in Amsterdam 2014 as also prints that where not available at the show. Only at the pj pop-up shop

Was that the cartoonish figure one? Refresh my memory please.
  • Options
    Could have sworn those were posted in the shop here, no?
  • Options
    Those posters where only for sale in.the pop up shop
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

That's all that matters Chris, not trying to suggest you would feel otherwise.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

That's all that matters Chris, not trying to suggest you would feel otherwise.
    My man!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    I wonder if the Paramount Theatre will have promo posters to give away.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

If it's a Billy Graham production it just might.
  • Options

demetrios said:

I don't know. Kinda hope so.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

U going?
  • Options

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

U going?
    Yep. Both nights. I stopped by the Paramount Theatre a few hours ago. Now ready to Ride the Ducks of Seattle.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,765
    I hope they do, then I will have a shot and having a good poster from my show.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

U going?
    Yep. Both nights. I stopped by the Paramount Theatre a few hours ago. Now ready to Ride the Ducks of Seattle.
    Cool man. Have fun! Hopefully you'll get a surprise guest!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

It has nothing to do with Another Planet Entertainment ( which is who took over for Billy Graham Productions ). Paramount Theatre is part of the Seattle Theatre Group, nothing to do with APE at all. Doesn't mean they don't do something though, as the Tower Theatre isn't affiliated with any of them either. And they gave out a nice exit post/print. But they have done that for a long time at select shows at the Tower Theatre for many, many years.
  • Options
    goatgoat Posts: 90
    edited November 2016
    Why do some venues get 2 posters?
    Post edited by goat on
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    goat said:

They didn't, at least not from the band. Philly had a free poster handed out after the shows by the venue. SF apparently had those free posters by the concert promoter, and the artist also did an AP sale.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,514
    Caught a bit of a glimpse of the Seattle poster tonight at easy street. It is the third (middle) poster in an Ames trilogy sf/sea/la. Looks to be Andy's face wearing a crown of thorns which spills into the other two posters. Still not a fan of the other posters, especially the writing, but at least they had a vision. Will be interesting to see it uncovered tomorrow.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    mwplum said:

Caught a bit of a glimpse of the Seattle poster tonight at easy street. It is the third (middle) poster in an Ames trilogy sf/sea/la. Looks to be Andy's face wearing a crown of thorns which spills into the other two posters. Still not a fan of the other posters, especially the writing, but at least they had a vision. Will be interesting to see it uncovered tomorrow.

I can wait to see it. I didn't care for the SF poster, mostly because of the color. I got the LA poster, to me it had a Zeppelin vibe.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

goat said:

They didn't, at least not from the band. Philly had a free poster handed out after the shows by the venue. SF apparently had those free posters by the concert promoter, and the artist also did an AP sale.
    It seems somewhat wrong that another artist can make money off a show poster that the band didn't commission.
  • Options
    goat said:

Suziemay said:

goat said:

It seems somewhat wrong that another artist can make money off a show poster that the band didn't commission.
    Don't bet on the band not signing off on it. We don't know what all was in the contract between the band and promoter.