Options

Verizon text messaging at yesterday's show.

Comments

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    This is America and he's the black guy in the band... they couldnt get rid of him if they wanted to at this point!

Wow!! that was some intelligent insight.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I don't believe he called Boom Illiterate...Just because you can't read English doesn't mean you are Illiterate.

Comprehension really isn't your strong point.

With a name like 3-input-chick you must be popular with the frat boys...

LOL..... yes Gonzo... I am. This is an expensive city.... a girls has got to eat and drink.
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    LOL..... yes Gonzo... I am. This is an expensive city.... a girls has got to eat and drink.

Is it one for each orifice, or do you double up in one?
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    wow, this thread just took a left turn
    ~~How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.

2003 Tampa, Atlanta, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Albany, Buffalo, State College, Bonner Springs, Council Bluffs, DC, Camden I & II, MSG I 2006 Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, 2008 Hartford, Mansfield I
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    scpjfan wrote:
    Is it one for each orifice, or do you double up in one?

:eek:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LOL...
    depends on the day!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    LOL...
    depends on the day!

I love you.
  • Options
    I'm leaving work now....

I'll see you at tonights show! Watch the text board Gonzo...
  • Options
    scpjfan wrote:
    I love you.

Just for the record, I am totally kidding here, just trying to lighten up a thread that started to get a little too serious with all the bickering.

Have fun at MSG II everyone!
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    the first of my texts made it on, but none of the remaining 6 did. They were mostly anti-yankees or pro-sox so i thought they were being filtered for that reason but I even did one "who here is from the message pit?" and that never showed up either.
  • Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    'play with arms wide open" at wpb was pretty funny. i have prob the best one that i will upload after i get back home from being with my dad at the hospital.
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    Just got back from MSG2. I tried to get this one up there, but either it didn't go through or they censor for some reason.

Biggest Wave has better seats than you.

I only tried to get that up on the text message board because in case you haven't already read, I hit the lottery with my 10C tickets for 10th row, Mike's side. Am I gloating? FUCK YEAH!
  • Options
    Addicted wrote:
    'play with arms wide open" at wpb was pretty funny. i have prob the best one that i will upload after i get back home from being with my dad at the hospital.

I saw that one. It actually took a second to kick in. One of the best of the night.

Ooops. Better be careful here. Maybe the band read that and will take it personally. What on Earth would we do?
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I thought it was so cheesy letting people text.. and show it on the big screen.

The funniest one was "Play Bugs... seriously..."

E-A-G-L-E-S???????? Fuck the Eagles. Enough with the Giants and the SB.. and the 18-1 texts..

WHAT??!!! U guys were able to texxxt and show it???! DAMN!!! My texxxt woulda said "MIKE McCREADY IS THE MASTER!!!!! PLAYEVENFLOW WITH NO DRUM SOLO!!!" :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    WHAT??!!! U guys were able to texxxt and show it???! DAMN!!! My texxxt woulda said "MIKE McCREADY IS THE MASTER!!!!! PLAYEVENFLOW WITH NO DRUM SOLO!!!" :D

The drum solo actually wasn't too bad tonight. I've seen it done at other shows and tonight's was one of the better ones.
  • Options
    The drum solo actually wasn't too bad tonight. I've seen it done at other shows and tonight's was one of the better ones.
    thats good. I still prefer my FLOW with no drum solo. Im more of a Master McCready kind of fan! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Sen, they had up screens on the side of the stage and you could send a text and they were showing them.
    Oh,
    and Mikey? He DESTROYED it tonight. he was jumping up and down like he was possessed (In a good way)
    and
    ACE FREHLEY. It was insane.
    OH
    and they did Inside Job. I was getting a little verklempt!

somebody got that Play Arms Wide Open up there again, too, btw
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    .... I still prefer my FLOW with no drum solo.

I can't disagree with that.
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    Sen, they had up screens on the side of the stage and you could send a text and they were showing them.
    Oh,
    and Mikey? He DESTROYED it tonight. he was jumping up and down like he was possessed (In a good way)
    and
    ACE FREHLEY. It was insane.
    OH
    and they did Inside Job. I was getting a little verklempt!

somebody got that Play Arms Wide Open up there again, too, btw

ALLIE!!!! I KNOW!!! My AWESOME friend gotz_id who i FREAKIN LOVE right now, called me right when The Master took the mic and i got to hear THE ENTIRE SONG!!!!! i was crying. DAMN GOOD SHOW TONITE!!!!!

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ALLIE!!!! I KNOW!!! My AWESOME friend gotz_id who i FREAKIN LOVE right now, called me right when The Master took the mic and i got to hear THE ENTIRE SONG!!!!! i was crying. DAMN GOOD SHOW TONITE!!!!!
    I am so excited that you got to hear it! YAY! It was incredible. I can't wait till you see the pictures and clips. He was truly on fire. He messed up the intro to Marker and he was like 'damn, I wrote it and I f-ed it up' and I shouted out: "It's OK Mikey!!!" I was too far away for him to hear me though
    :(

The EvenFlow solo was quite good also. I think he played behind his head at the end of it.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Okay...I understand you don't like Boom or Boom's contribution to the band...so what.
    But why do you have to be such a dick about it?

What you did was insulting...it wasn't needed.

I don't know if you play an instrument, or play in a band, or have ever gone on tour...but that kind of shit actually does hurt; especially when you're out on tour for a month in the summertime working your ass off.

Just Imagine for a second being up there on stage and having some jackass send a message like that on the giant screen for everyone to read.

You may not believe it...but it is a job...and it can be difficult.

Boom's a good musician, he's earned his place in Pearl Jam and personally I think his contributions live and on record have been amazing.

He belongs on that MSG stage and he doesn't need some cocksucker punk kid in the crowd sending asshole messages about him on the screen.

You may has well have thrown a bottle.

They are all professional musicians. Criticism is part of the game. This was just a joke (kinda)

Do you think the band huddles in the corner and cries if Pitchfork gives them a bad review?

Do you think Stone is trying to cut himself because he hasn't gotten to sing yet this tour? :rolleyes:

Christ-Almighty!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    It wasn't. It was just a joke. I laughed. So did most of the people around me, who have no ill-will toward Boom. It was just a funny thing to text in the midst of all the other insipid texts that flashed on the screen.

I'll bet Boom doesn't take it nearly as personally as you do.

I think its one of the funniest things Ive seen on the pit. Classic stuff

And for the record - I love Boom
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    The way I see it is, it's a low blow to Boom, but I probably would have laughed if I saw that posted up there, since it seems pretty random......and this is coming from someone who wants Boom out there on tour.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    this whole thread is why i don't post here anymore. what a joke. everyone gets up in arms over stupid shit.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    this whole thread is why i don't post here anymore. what a joke. everyone gets up in arms over stupid shit.
    YAY!
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    inmyrvm wrote:

Thanks for making a rare appearance to let us know this. I was having
    trouble sleeping at night not knowing when we would see another post
    from you.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389

OMG! That is awesome!! What balls you must have to say what so many of us have been thinking.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    YAY!
    I'll say hello to you too!

LOL!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    I sent a text that read NO MORE NO MORE but it didnt make the cut.

I did get my clap if you are 30 up on the board!
    YAY!
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I sent a text that read NO MORE NO MORE but it didnt make the cut.

I did get my clap if you are 30 up on the board!
    YAY!

I was going to send that as well..Don't think any of my attempts made it, but then again I was pretty drunk and sitting behind the screens :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'