Options

Verizon text messaging at yesterday's show.

Comments

• Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Ok, that's your opinion and you're entititled to it, as am I.

would you stop spelling that word incorrectly. it's pussing me off!!!!!!
    I keep getting visions of ta ta's when I read it. which is not a bad thing, actually.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Ok, that's your opinion and you're entititled to it, as am I.

Punk Kid? That's funny. If you only knew how old I was.

Yeah...and your actions really show your age.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    share wrote:
    would you stop spelling that word incorrectly. it's pussing me off!!!!!!
    I keep getting visions of ta ta's when I read it. which is not a bad thing, actually.

I guess I just like the word TIT in the middle.
  • Options
    share wrote:
    pussing

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    I don't think the intent was to be malicious, it was to be humorus, which isn't a bad thing. But I think to some it came off as malicious. Boom is one of the most polarizing topics of discussion here (along with Republicans vs. Democrats, Atheists vs. Believers, and of course NY vs. Boston). So, you can't say anything negative about Boom without pissing someone off - and especially when it's said in a public arena like at the show. Biggest Wave is right, we're all entitled to our opinions and have the right to voice them. We should leave it at that and move on...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Okay...I understand you don't like Boom or Boom's contribution to the band...so what.
    But why do you have to be such a dick about it?

What you did was insulting...it wasn't needed.

Again, I like Boom and love what he brings to the band. But you're being patently ridiculous.

He didn't say Boom was bad. Just "unnecessary." Which is just a funny choice of words.

Seriously, how do you managed to get through the day, if you're going to flip out because someone called the organist for a rock band with which you have no affiliation "unnecessary?"

Frankly, I don't think Boom would take this perceived "insult" nearly as badly as you seem to be taking it on his behalf.

Boom doesn't need you to defend him. Lighten up.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Yeah...and your actions really show your age.

Like you should talk you called him/her a cocksucker, so who is name calling again?

Get off your high horse.
  • Options

It was a Phoeeble attempt at humor. I admit it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

your name seems to always be attached to the lamest posts lately.....3 years 405 posts? You should consider going back to not posting at all and sparing us...

That was way harsh! :eek:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    That was way harsh! :eek:

I'm sure that you can find harshest on this thread than my answer... besides this person has been posting for a few days but he/she loves to push buttons and just be plain obnoxious..

I'm usually very nice to everyone here but this gal/guy is pretty annoying..

Check this response out... all of his/hers responses seem to be as "nice" and "confrontational" as this one :rolleyes:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5574854&postcount=9

I mean really is you are going to post only for tour time and are going to be a sour grape with most of their responses why even bother posting at all?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Again, I like Boom and love what he brings to the band. But you're being patently ridiculous.

He didn't say Boom was bad. Just "unnecessary." Which is just a funny choice of words.

Seriously, how do you managed to get through the day, if you're going to flip out because someone called the organist for a rock band with which you have no affiliation "unnecessary?"

Frankly, I don't think Boom would take this perceived "insult" nearly as badly as you seem to be taking it for him.

Boom doesn't need you to defend him. Lighten up.

I just thought it was a stupid punk ass pot shot to take at Boom.

What I found even more absurd is that this person is so proud of themselves for making this text...Like a kid making fart noises with their armpits and looking around desperatly for someone to laugh at them. "Hey look at me..I made a funny".

So I guess I'll pull up my "Big Boy Pants" and "Try to get through the day".

Maybe Tonight you guys can all get together and laugh while you put a bunch of text messages up there tonight telling Eddie that his "Voice Sucks" or how you feel about "Riot Act" and "Avacado"

Enjoy the show...and I hope for your sake, the band doesn't take this shit personally.

Later
  • Options
    Check this response out... all of his/hers responses seem to be as "nice" and "confrontational" as this one :rolleyes:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5574854&postcount=9

and I stand by that statement
    I mean really is you are going to post only for tour time and are going to be a sour grape with most of their responses why even bother posting at all?

Because my opinion differs from yours I'm being a sour grape?
  • Options
    and I stand by that statement

Because my opinion differs from yours I'm being a sour grape?

No not because your opinion differs from mine... but I have noticed your posts lately and it seems like you get a kick out of arguing with people... and pissing people off .... today I get to post more than usual just because I'm home (can't access the board from work) otherwise I probably wouldn't be posting on this thread, but I don't know maybe people that like to post just to piss people off don't really have my sympathy.. and I consider you one of those...

I think we have made it clear that we agree In My Tree could use not bringing Boom out, so I dont see how our opinions are so different...

I just think you post certain things just to get a rise outta people (probably like the one you are getting outta me right now) and I just wonder why?

Why come to a place your barely post in to try and get under people's skins?
  • Options
    Why come to a place your barely post in to try and get under people's skins?

That's not my intent at all. I just think some people are a little too sensitive about things and they over react. Most of what I do, although is truely my opinion, is done for fun. Maybe I should show you all of the PM's that I get saying how funny I am and to keep it up. Again, apparently different opinions than yours. You just need to lighten up a bit. Our stay on this planet is temporary. Have fun with it, live on the edge a bit.
  • Options
    Maybe I should show you all of the PM's that I get saying how funny I am and to keep it up.

Pm's from yourself and your cats don't count.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    "Can't we all just get along??"
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Just Imagine for a second being up there on stage and having some jackass send a message like that on the giant screen for everyone to read.

I just imagined this. I think what I would do is take my portion of each $75 ticket, $30 t-shirt and $25 poster. I then would go to bed, sleep well and wake up. Once I wake up, I would probably go about my day until it's time to go back to work and make more money.
  • Options
    That's not my intent at all. I just think some people are a little too sensitive about things and they over react. Most of what I do, although is truely my opinion, is done for fun. Maybe I should show you all of the PM's that I get saying how funny I am and to keep it up. Again, apparently different opinions than yours. You just need to lighten up a bit. Our stay on this planet is temporary. Have fun with it, live on the edge a bit.

pushing people's buttons is not my idea of fun... but with that I guess I'm proving your point as far as having different opinions...
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I just thought it was a stupid punk ass pot shot to take at Boom.

It wasn't. It was just a joke. I laughed. So did most of the people around me, who have no ill-will toward Boom. It was just a funny thing to text in the midst of all the other insipid texts that flashed on the screen.

I'll bet Boom doesn't take it nearly as personally as you do.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    LOL @ this thread still going.

Boom is checking his account balance and laughing. We can call him anything we want.... at the end of the day he's cashing a pay check!

Tonight texts from me will include

Ed.... at 90.00 a ticket cant you buy a few shirts for the tour

Stone.... get a hair cut

Mike.... who cares if you can play over your head

Jeff... shave you dirty guy!

and Boom- What Biggest Wave said!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    It wasn't. It was just a joke. I laughed. So did most of the people around me, who have no ill-will toward Boom. It was just a funny thing to text in the midst of all the other insipid texts that flashed on the screen.

I'll bet Boom doesn't take it nearly as personally as you do.

Yeah...I'm sure Boom had a real big chuckle.
    Being told that you're "unessasary" is just so funny.
    Ha Ha...LOL
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Ha Ha...LOL

The truth is Boom can't actually read english so in the end
    it doesn't really matter what it said.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Ha Ha...LOL
    You are making my day. Boom never even saw the board.... dont you work?
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    share wrote:
    The truth is Boom can't actually read english so in the end
    it doesn't really matter what it said.
    Oh man, Gonzo is going to be so mad when he sees you called Boom an illiterate! Think Booms gets sad when they play WMA?
  • Options
    LOL @ this thread still going.

Boom is checking his account balance and laughing. We can call him anything we want.... at the end of the day he's cashing a pay check!

Tonight texts from me will include

Ed.... at 90.00 a ticket cant you buy a few shirts for the tour

Stone.... get a hair cut

Mike.... who cares if you can play over your head

Jeff... shave you dirty guy!

and Boom- What Biggest Wave said!

Yeah...Boom's all about the money!!

He probably goes back to his hotel room and sleeps in a big pile of cash.
    He's probably so rich that he doesn't have to care about his performance or his place in the band.

He probably has a big chuckle when the Pearl Jam fans tell him he has no place in the band.
  • Options
    You are making my day. Boom never even saw the board.... dont you work?

You're one to talk
    You've doubled my posts honey
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Ha Ha...LOL

If i was Boom I would laugh. Why? Because the only opinions that matter are the five other guys in the band & as long as they think he's "nessasary" who gives a shit what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    You're one to talk
    You've doubled my posts honey
    I have a great job where I can post! (honey)
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Yeah...Boom's all about the money!!

He probably goes back to his hotel room and sleeps in a big pile of cash.
    He's probably so rich that he doesn't have to care about his performance or his place in the band.

He probably has a big chuckle when the Pearl Jam fans tell him he has no place in the band.

This is America and he's the black guy in the band... they couldnt get rid of him if they wanted to at this point!
  • Options
    Oh man, Gonzo is going to be so mad when he sees you called Boom an illiterate! Think Booms gets sad when they play WMA?

I don't believe he called Boom Illiterate...Just because you can't read English doesn't mean you are Illiterate.

Comprehension really isn't your strong point...is it?

With a name like 3-input-chick you must be popular with the frat boys...