Options

Verizon text messaging at yesterday's show.

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I thought it was so cheesy letting people text.. and show it on the big screen.

The funniest one was "Play Bugs... seriously..."

E-A-G-L-E-S???????? Fuck the Eagles. Enough with the Giants and the SB.. and the 18-1 texts..
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,569

E-A-G-L-E-S???????? Fuck the Eagles. Enough with the Giants and the SB.. and the 18-1 texts..

i caved and sent a text message last night at MSG, likely too late though as it never appeared, m'eh it's *hopefully* just another $.50 charge on my cell bill ;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    vluggagevluggage Posts: 69

Wow! Your so cool! I am in awe of you.
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • Options
    inmytree0991inmytree0991 Posts: 122

haha i was the one that put "play bugs...seriously". and yea its really just another way money in verizon's pocket. but atleast it keeps my impatient mind at ease while i have to listen to ted leo and wait for pearl jam
  • Options
    1/2 Empty wrote:
    Wow! Your so cool! I am in awe of you.

No need to be, but thanks. I appreciate it.

and that would be YOU'RE
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696

Good Job Asshole !!
    You should be really proud of yourself for looking like a fucking ass clown in front of thousands of people. I'm sure both Boom and the Band enjoyed your intelligent comment.

Idiot.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Wow...that was nice.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,741

LAME. Especially considering Boom's contribution on this tour to Reign O'er Me...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    that text messaging is one of the greatest inventions ever.. it made sitting through the setup tolerable and kind of funny
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Good Job Asshole !!
    You should be really proud of yourself for looking like a fucking ass clown in front of thousands of people. I'm sure both Boom and the Band enjoyed your intelligent comment.

Idiot.

Yes. Because everyone knows that it was me that did it and they probably know where I live too.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    DeLukin wrote:
    LAME. Especially considering Boom's contribution on this tour to Reign O'er Me...

Come on, it was pretty funny...and we have all thought it before ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:

Ok. Name something else he contributes to. I can't.

Just my opinion. You're entitiled to your own.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,741

Wasted Reprise. CHECKMATE!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    Yes. Because everyone knows that it was me that did it and they probably know where I live too.
    I think it was funny, and I'm sorry that these jerks cant see that!

Do it again tonight!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    vluggagevluggage Posts: 69
    No need to be, but thanks. I appreciate it.

and that would be YOU'RE

I think you should change your name from "Biggest Wave" to "Biggest Douche Nozzle".
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    So many angry PJ fans today......

I'm sure the band was sitting and reading the screens the entire time they were backstage.
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Good Job Asshole !!

Idiot.

I thought name calling was against the posting guidelines here?

I see nothing wrong with the text message. I'm sure Boom and the boys
    could really give a rodent's tuchus what anyone thinks.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Wasted Reprise. CHECKMATE!

again. matter of opinion.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,569
    So many angry PJ fans today......

I'm sure the band was sitting and reading the screens the entire time they were backstage.

what? angry? what would they have be angry about after the great show we got last night? hehe ;):D

you're right, though, while backstage the band actually does read some if not all the Verizon text messages that are broadcast at each venue,...hence eV starting the "let's go Rangers" chant :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options

No.
    But you've kind of let us all know who you are now.

So...I'll say it again.

Nice Job Asshole
  • Options
    spoman1211spoman1211 Posts: 28
    what a fuckin asshole this guy is
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

:rolleyes:

your name seems to always be attached to the lamest posts lately.....3 years 405 posts? You should consider going back to not posting at all and sparing us...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424

I booed that one.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    No.So...I'll say it again.

Nice Job Asshole

Thank you. I will be appearing again tonight.
  • Options
    spoman1211 wrote:
    what a fuckin asshole this guy is

where did I ever say I was a guy?
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176

Uh.....Crazy Mary?
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    Uh.....Crazy Mary?

Terrible what Boom did to it. When I hear Crazy Mary start I know it's pee break time. When I heard it start at Camden 1 I knew it was time to hit the road.

Again. Matter of opinion.
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    I did like the texting last night. Not that I agreed with all of the texts, but it passed the time while waiting for the setup. I acutally thought the song requests were falling on deaf ears, so you might as well say something funny or whitty.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    Thank you. I will be appearing again tonight.

Good for you.
    I'm glad that your so proud of yourself.

Maybe you can meet up with the meathead that took a piss in the aisle at yesterdays show...You'd be a perfect couple.

Keep aiming low.
  • Options
    :.....3 years 405 posts? You should consider going back to not posting at all and sparing us...

Sorry that I can't sit here 24/7 like some of you do. I really only come here when they tour. Some of you people really need to lighten up a bit. It's a fucking text message. It's not like I threw something on stage that nearly hit someone. Oh that's right. When that happens the person gets defended and security is the asshole. I think some of you need to get your priorities in order.