Options

Pearl Jam 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame DVD & Blu-ray Release

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,831

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but will there be any form of live stream for this other than the one at the HOF museum?

Nothing else that I've heard of yet. Crossing fingers there will be a few periscope feeds on the Pearl Jam segment.
  • Options
    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/03/rock_hall_2017_revisiting_pear.html?

Rock Hall 2017: Revisiting Pearl Jam, Neil Young's 1993 MTV triumph

Eddie Vedder, left of Pearl Jam performs with Neil Young, right, during the Bridge School Benefit concert in Mountain View, Calif. (Tony
    Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com

on March 13, 2017 at 7:01 AM, updated March 13, 2017 at 7:06 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - For music fans who found themselves glued to everything alternative rock during the early 1990s, the 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony will seem like deja vu.

Neil Young is set to induct Pearl Jam, continuing the long running friendship between the two iconic acts.
    VETTER MCCREADY YOUNGPearl Jam and Neil Young at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards.Kevork Djansezian

Young and Pearl Jam have hopped on stage together and joined forces in the studio before. But their most legendary collaboration came at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards.

At the time - Sept. 2, 1993 - Pearl Jam was pretty much the biggest rock band in the world. The band would win four awards that night, including Video of the Year, for the groundbreaking clip "Jeremy."

Eddie Vedder and company were also set to perform, which they did, delivering "Animal," the third single from their massive album "Vs." What followed was one of the most memorable moments in VMAs history.

Young joined the band on stage with his guitar and shared a microphone with Vedder for a performance of Young's "Rockin' in the Free World." It went on for more than seven minutes.

It's hard to overstate just how monumental such a performance was and still feels. Sure, the Grammys often bring together big name artists - old and young - for "once in a lifetime" collaborations. But they rarely seem natural.

Pearl Jam and Young had been friends for a while before the 1993 VMAs. But their performance marked the first time their musical love affair hit the mainstream.

The fact someone like Vedder, whose personality has been rumored to go from warm-hearted to volatile, and Young, who can be ornery if you push him, were friends somehow seems almost stunning. Then again, it almost makes perfect sense.

These are two acts who never really seemed to give a crap what people thought of them. They were always about the music, an attitude that sometimes portrayed them as villains to haters, but made fans love them even more.

The 1993 VMAs performance concluded with a barrage of guitars and Vedder obliterating the mic stand. The performance created a vibe in the arena that's representative of a bygone era when guitar-savvy rock ruled the earth.

But fans in attendance at the Rock Hall Ceremony in Brooklyn, N.Y. on April 7 will find themselves in a bit of a time warp. It's all but guaranteed Young will join Pearl Jam for "Rockin' in the Free World," probably at the end of the show.

Fans have already penciled it in as the night's standout moment. And despite it being more than two decades after that legendary VMAs showcase, there's no way it will disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRwD886m90
  • Options
    @ Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Which Pearl Jam television appearance ended with Eddie Vedder revealing the hand drawn "K" on his shirt as a tribute to the late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain? See more personal items from the band this Friday when the Class of 2017 Inductee Exhibit opens. #RockHall2017
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    do we think PJ will be closing out the evening?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

do we think PJ will be closing out the evening?

99.9% they will close off the evening.
  • Options
    Will the Tupac hologram perform?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited March 2017
    my2hands said:

Will the Tupac hologram perform?

with the James Brown wig!!

and maybe the Dave A hologram will sit in too.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    demetrios said:
    No surprise PJ listed on top. But Tupac second? I'm cool with that- just surprised.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    edited March 2017

demetrios said:
    No surprise PJ listed on top. But Tupac second? I'm cool with that- just surprised.
    How they listed the names it looks like it's shape as the holy grail.

For all musical artists, a place in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is the Holy Grail.

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    It just keeps getting better!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    ccollccoll Posts: 34
    So do we know for sure that PJ will be the last inducted? Also, any clue how this thing will play out live- is there a host, will the ceremony start at seven on the dot, is there a curfew?

I checked out the HBO broadcast of 2016 and it was like 2.5 hours. I think there were fewer inductees though. It also looked like it was edited for broadcast- parts cut out- like transitions between artists
  • Options
    ccollccoll Posts: 34
    derbydave said:

Great. Maybe he can also play American woman or music from the hunger games!
  • Options
    ccoll said:

derbydave said:

Maybe that daughter Zoe will show up. She looks fantastic on Big Little Lies
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    ccoll said:

derbydave said:

He could play Prince part from Evenflow.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    I hope Kravitz doesn't take time away from PJ's time
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    1 week to go! :)
  • Options
    Ice Cube & Snoop playing for Tupac?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,773
    Any idea on a schedule?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Steve Perry probably will not perform. I wanted to see that. One of the greatest rock voices ever talent wise.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Steve Perry probably will not perform. I wanted to see that. One of the greatest rock voices ever talent wise.

You MAY get your wish...

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I switched to DirecTV and had it installed January 27th. With it, I got 3 months of all the premium channels. So yeah, my HBO will gone on April 27th. Ugh...
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 537
    This will be my 30th Pearl Jam show and my last show before becoming a dad for the first time. Lots of emotions to say the least. I played Release on headphones on my wife's belly today. Only a few weeks to go after the r#r hof ceremony. I can not wait for this. So lucky to have a ticket!
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    rival9500 said:

This will be my 30th Pearl Jam show and my last show before becoming a dad for the first time. Lots of emotions to say the least. I played Release on headphones on my wife's belly today. Only a few weeks to go after the r#r hof ceremony. I can not wait for this. So lucky to have a ticket!

Please don't name the kid Eddie, Vedder or Jeremy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Can you order this if you don't have HBO? I have comcast and i know I can order HBO boxing matches, but not sure about this one.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    edited April 2017
    You can get an HBO 7 day free trial om Amazon. http://amzn.to/2jvAz7r
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517

Can you order this if you don't have HBO? I have comcast and i know I can order HBO boxing matches, but not sure about this one.

Call Comcast customer service and politely mention you've been thinking about adding HBO to your account but weren't completely sold. Then mention you wanted to know if you could have a trial period for X amount of days at no charge. They should accommodate your request as a one-time exception.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    igotid88 said:

You can get an HBO 7 day free trial om Amazon. http://amzn.to/2jvAz7r

100 Pacer said:

Call Comcast customer service and politely mention you've been thinking about adding HBO to your account but weren't completely sold. Then mention you wanted to know if you could have a trial period for X amount of days at no charge. They should accommodate your request as a one-time exception.
    Thank yinz for the ideas.
  • Options
    rockhall - He's no stranger to the Rock Hall's induction Ceremony stage, but this Friday is his first chance to be honored as an Inductee. Watch vintage performance's of @pearljam frontman Eddie Vedder. #rockhall2017