Options

Pearl Jam 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame DVD & Blu-ray Release

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    every band this old ends up on those radio stations. that demographic grew up with them, and that's who is listening to their station. but their sound is not classic rock by any means.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Just saw that the day after the ceremony, the Nets are playing the Bulls. Maybe Ed & Jeff will hit up the game! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    samjam said:

Just saw that the day after the ceremony, the Nets are playing the Bulls. Maybe Ed & Jeff will hit up the game! :)

Fuck? The way the Bulls are playing they might ask Jeff to suit up.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    We've got big news! http://eepurl.com/cudOqf #PearlJam
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    edited December 2016
    demetrios said:

We've got big news! http://eepurl.com/cudOqf #PearlJam

A limited number of pre-sale tickets will be available for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame members in advance of the public sale date. To be eligible for the member pre-sale, you must be an active Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member by December 31, 2016. Additional public ticket details and presale offers will be announced in the future.

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846

isn't it interesting how most people think the RRHOF is a joke......until their band gets in?? :blush:

I will readily admit I never cared until this year haha. Especially because the ceremony is in Brooklyn home of the isles and nets.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options

isn't it interesting how most people think the RRHOF is a joke......until their band gets in?? :blush:

I will readily admit I never cared until this year haha. Especially because the ceremony is in Brooklyn home of the isles and nets.
    I cared when Nirvana got in, and I sorta but not really care about this. Anything to do with PJ interests me, but in the big picture, I don't see the Hall as some great honour. I consider it more of a novelty than anything else.

that being said, if I was being inducted, I might feel quite differently!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am not spending money to see this..........
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394

wish it were at MSG
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I had to set this guy straight in the comments section of the RNR HOF inductee story over on cleveland.com. Enjoy heh heh

dave123
    1 hour ago

No power rock bands on this inductees list. Very lame. If the committee doesn't like your politics, forget about getting inducted. You have to be PC to be accepted. Ted Nugent sold more stadiums out and had more influence than the majority of these inductees, but he'll never get in with his conservative politics and rebellious attitude. It's a mystery bands like Bad Company, Boston, Foreigner, Motley Crue and the Scorpions are not even considered. Pearl Jam is the most overrated and overhyped band ever. How many albums did they make? Pearl Jam is just a PC media darling.
    FlagShare
    3GoCavs2017trident111KolachiGuyLikeReply
    cold_ronald
    cold_ronald
    1 hour ago

@dave123 I love The Nuge, and you are 100% right. He's probably shooting dinner in the Michigan woods right now.

The Crue, well what can you say except to quote Tommy Lee ... "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".
    FlagShare
    1dave123LikeReply
    hoipolloi
    hoipolloi
    13 minutes ago

@dave123 If a band continues to tour actively 30+ years after it was founded, it counts against them.
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    cold_ronald
    cold_ronald
    4 minutes ago

@hoipolloi @dave123 lol. It was Keith Richards birthday yesterday ;-)
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    jcrisan
    jcrisan
    4 minutes ago

@dave123 FYI, Pearl Jam has released 10 studio albums, a greatest hits album, and live bootleg recordings of every one of their concerts since the year 2000. Five of their ten studio albums debuted at number one on the Billboard charts, including their last album, Lightning Bolt (2013). They, along with Nirvana and Soundgarden, were one of the pillars of grunge music, which, thankfully, helped save rock and roll from hair metal bands like your beloved Nuge. As far as selling out stadiums, Pearl Jam sold out two dates in August in Fenway Park and two more dates in August at Wrigley Field THIS PAST SUMMER. They are living legends that change their setlist EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, and usually play three hour shows with two encores of six or seven songs each. Overhyped? Man, learn something about music before you make ridiculous comments like that.
    LikeReply
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Congrats, PJ! Well deserved! What a joyous day indeed!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242

On the flip side, it's more interesting when people think a band is a joke until they get in to the RRHOF and then they are a life long fan.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

I had to set this guy straight in the comments section of the RNR HOF inductee story over on cleveland.com. Enjoy heh heh

dave123
    1 hour ago

No power rock bands on this inductees list. Very lame. If the committee doesn't like your politics, forget about getting inducted. You have to be PC to be accepted. Ted Nugent sold more stadiums out and had more influence than the majority of these inductees, but he'll never get in with his conservative politics and rebellious attitude. It's a mystery bands like Bad Company, Boston, Foreigner, Motley Crue and the Scorpions are not even considered. Pearl Jam is the most overrated and overhyped band ever. How many albums did they make? Pearl Jam is just a PC media darling.
    FlagShare
    3GoCavs2017trident111KolachiGuyLikeReply
    cold_ronald
    cold_ronald
    1 hour ago

@dave123 I love The Nuge, and you are 100% right. He's probably shooting dinner in the Michigan woods right now.

The Crue, well what can you say except to quote Tommy Lee ... "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".
    FlagShare
    1dave123LikeReply
    hoipolloi
    hoipolloi
    13 minutes ago

@dave123 If a band continues to tour actively 30+ years after it was founded, it counts against them.
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    cold_ronald
    cold_ronald
    4 minutes ago

@hoipolloi @dave123 lol. It was Keith Richards birthday yesterday ;-)
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    jcrisan
    jcrisan
    4 minutes ago

@dave123 FYI, Pearl Jam has released 10 studio albums, a greatest hits album, and live bootleg recordings of every one of their concerts since the year 2000. Five of their ten studio albums debuted at number one on the Billboard charts, including their last album, Lightning Bolt (2013). They, along with Nirvana and Soundgarden, were one of the pillars of grunge music, which, thankfully, helped save rock and roll from hair metal bands like your beloved Nuge. As far as selling out stadiums, Pearl Jam sold out two dates in August in Fenway Park and two more dates in August at Wrigley Field THIS PAST SUMMER. They are living legends that change their setlist EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, and usually play three hour shows with two encores of six or seven songs each. Overhyped? Man, learn something about music before you make ridiculous comments like that.
    LikeReply

why the hell even try to reason with a guy who thinks motley crue and the scorpions should be in?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

I hope Ed takes the mic, looks out into the crowd, scratches his head, and says:

"I don't know what this means, I don't think it means anything"
    and then Stone thanks Dave A, Mike gives him a weird look, and they all walk off.

LMAO!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Congrats to the best band on the planet!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mfc2006 said:

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    my2hands said:

mfc2006 said:

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Pretty much every article about the induction that I have seen has the guys as the main picture. Good stuff
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011

Pretty much every article about the induction that I have seen has the guys as the main picture. Good stuff

Very good stuff
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    edited December 2016
    Apologies if it has already been said in this thread (or in any other), but I am STOKED that Dave Krusen is being inducted as well. I can't even imagine seeing all five founding members together on stage once again.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    So proud to see that Pearl Jam was elected as a 2017 inductee! Very cool considering this was their first eligible year.

I like this year's list - perhaps my age is showing - lol. But this list is the soundtrack, for the most part, of my coming of age and I may have been at one these concerts with the high school versions of the Pearl Jam members.

ELO was my first concert - at MSG and they were a mainstream part of the progressive music scene. They were a visually and musically amazing band in concert.

Yes, who was my second concert, also at MSG, followed by many more shows, including Yes, Not Yes (when Jon Anderson left for a brief time) - are giants of progressive rock. I loved each of the members of the band individually - they were masters of their crafts. Rick Wakeman was a marvel to watch on keyboards. Their induction is symbolic to me also as the ultimate progressive rock band, ELP has lost both Keith Emerson and Greg Lake within the past 9 months. I love YES.. And I love that they are being inducted the same year as Pearl Jam. I was amazed to see they hadn't been inducted already. My high school yearbook quote was a line from a Yes song.

Joan Baez is a folk legend. What else needs to be said.

Journey was a hugely successful band in the late 70's and 80's and their music continues to resonate in popular culture. They were pioneers of arena rock.

Tupac was an important part of the hiphop/rap progression. He was part of the story of the East Coast and West Coast rap scene and holds a Jim Morrison type magical place in the hearts of those who are part of that genre's base. My dislike for rap doesn't take away my knowledge that he is am important part of that genre. Criminality is part of some rappers' lives - esp during this period of rap - there are bad eggs in every musical genre - but they are rewarded for their impact on music as a whole.

I am so happy for Pearl Jam - it is a great honor and who knows how they feel about it, but as a fan, it feels good. I am so proud of the boys.

My like or dislike of certain genres of music is so subjective, but I appreciate that all genres are honored in the Hall of Fame. I try not to argue about music because my love of a certain movement or dislike of a genre is irrelevant to anyone but me and people who agree with my opinions about what I like. And my musical tastes span many genres , over many generations. It is an eclectic list. But it is based soley on what touches me. And no one but a fellow fan of a band - like all of you fellow Pearl Jam fans, are the only ones who understand the appeal. Who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks. They don't feel it. They feel something else. And that is cool. But to fight about who has the corner on what music is the best is futile.. We all be thinking with our different brains.

Way to go Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Mike and Boom!!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited December 2016

I hope Ed takes the mic, looks out into the crowd, scratches his head, and says:

"I don't know what this means, I don't think it means anything"
    and then Stone thanks Dave A, Mike gives him a weird look, and they all walk off.

This is an awesome comment.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883

It seems like pj is listed next to last on everything I see.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited December 2016
    njnancy said:

So proud to see that Pearl Jam was elected as a 2017 inductee! Very cool considering this was their first eligible year.

I like this year's list - perhaps my age is showing - lol. But this list is the soundtrack, for the most part, of my coming of age and I may have been at one these concerts with the high school versions of the Pearl Jam members.

ELO was my first concert - at MSG and they were a mainstream part of the progressive music scene. They were a visually and musically amazing band in concert.

Yes, who was my second concert, also at MSG, followed by many more shows, including Yes, Not Yes (when Jon Anderson left for a brief time) - are giants of progressive rock. I loved each of the members of the band individually - they were masters of their crafts. Rick Wakeman was a marvel to watch on keyboards. Their induction is symbolic to me also as the ultimate progressive rock band, ELP has lost both Keith Emerson and Greg Lake within the past 9 months. I love YES.. And I love that they are being inducted the same year as Pearl Jam. I was amazed to see they hadn't been inducted already. My high school yearbook quote was a line from a Yes song.

Joan Baez is a folk legend. What else needs to be said.

Journey was a hugely successful band in the late 70's and 80's and their music continues to resonate in popular culture. They were pioneers of arena rock.

Tupac was an important part of the hiphop/rap progression. He was part of the story of the East Coast and West Coast rap scene and holds a Jim Morrison type magical place in the hearts of those who are part of that genre's base. My dislike for rap doesn't take away my knowledge that he is am important part of that genre. Criminality is part of some rappers' lives - esp during this period of rap - there are bad eggs in every musical genre - but they are rewarded for their impact on music as a whole.

I am so happy for Pearl Jam - it is a great honor and who knows how they feel about it, but as a fan, it feels good. I am so proud of the boys.

My like or dislike of certain genres of music is so subjective, but I appreciate that all genres are honored in the Hall of Fame. I try not to argue about music because my love of a certain movement or dislike of a genre is irrelevant to anyone but me and people who agree with my opinions about what I like. And my musical tastes span many genres , over many generations. It is an eclectic list. But it is based soley on what touches me. And no one but a fellow fan of a band - like all of you fellow Pearl Jam fans, are the only ones who understand the appeal. Who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks. They don't feel it. They feel something else. And that is cool. But to fight about who has the corner on what music is the best is futile.. We all be thinking with our different brains.

Way to go Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Mike and Boom!!

I applaud njnancy!! :clap:
    Her comments...
    especially the "perhaps my age is showing" line really hit home for me too!!
    From the day my mom (I was 13) took me to my first show...
    to see KISS on the Destroyer tour in September of '76,
    I've loved seeing live music!!
    I was lucky enough to see 4 of the bands in the "Class of 2017"
    Saw Journey 4 times...once in March of 1977,
    BEFORE Steve Perry joined the band.
    They opened for Boston & Manfred Mann's Earth band this year,
    Manfred Mann blew the headliner away...
    Boston was not a very good live band!!
    Also saw 3 Journey shows with Steve Perry in '78 & '80 in Louisville, KY and in Indianapolis in '82.
    I got to see YES at Freedom Hall in Louisville on the "In The Round" tour in April of '79,
    And saw Electric Light Orchestra in November of '81 on the TIME tour at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, IN
    This was the tour they started off inside the space ship,
    and the roof opened up while they were playing the first song.
    Hall & Oates opened for ELO at this show too!!
    It's fun to look back on how our taste in music evolves,
    I didn't get to see PJ for the first time until '96...
    and Wrigley 2 was my 30th show.
    Seeing the band we all love take their place in the Hall Of Fame is an incredible honor,
    and the fact that these other bands are going in with them,
    the bands that I grew up with...
    makes it even sweeter for me!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    " PLEASE NOTE: If you are making a membership purchase from outside the United States .. https://tickets.rockhall.com/public/membership_list.asp "
  • Options

Let's hope what ED say's will not be edited out on the HBO broadcast.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    demetrios said:

Let's hope what ED say's will not be edited out on the HBO broadcast.
    hope not, it's HBO not that "regular ass" tv.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore