Options

The Podesta Emails

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

Trump is a horrible choice, can't deny that. I can understand weighing what little good you can find from the candidates and think Hilary is the lesser evil, I get that. I weigh everything and think Trump, as horrible as he is, is the better choice, but still admit he is a horrible choice and still can't fathom how in the world he was chosen over the 16 other much more qualified candidates.
    This is directed to those who no matter what seem to stand by Hilary's side and make excuses for her or blame the repubs for making mountains out of molehills.
    I don't get how anyone can ignore all of the scandals or give the impression they are fabricated.
    I'm not as concerned that she used a private server as I am she destroyed evidence AFTER a subpoena was issued to hand it over, and everyone, including the FBI seems okay with that. That's just one example among the dozens listed here and elsewhere. If you're going to vote for her, can you at least admit she is also a terrible candidate, just the lesser of the two evils in your mind?

30 years of mudslinging political theater and nothing has stuck. I'll repeat that: not. one. thing. She has been smeared so repeatedly that there is the appearance of scandal where there is none. The people see through it and are tired of it. Is she Obama perfect? No. But she certainly is more qualified by any and every measure. To consider her the lesser of two evils is insulting. I saw a sandwich analogy somewhere that goes like this:

Voters: Hello Subway sandwich artist, can I have a ham sandwich.
    Artist: I'm sorry. We ran out of ham yesterday, how about a delicious turkey sandwich instead?
    Voters: I'm so angry you don't have ham, I'm just going to eat this sh*t sandwich for 4 years instead.
    (Trump is the sh*t sandwich)
    You really think this is just mudslinging, made up accusations?
    No one made up the fact she was served a subpoena, that's fact. She deleted tens of thousands of emails after the subpoena, that's fact. She lied to the FBI during the investigation, that's fact. What part of that falls under mudslinging?
    People are in jail for far less that what she's done, that's also fact. Any one of those can lead to jail time, and would have if her name wasn't Clinton.
    "She" didn't delete emails. The firm that she hired to clean up her server deleted the emails.

She didn't lie to the FBI. They clearly said that she didn't lie....some of the statements that she made ended up not being correct or accurate. That isn't necessarily lying....which is why the FBI said it wasn't going to prosecute.

If I go fishing and tell you "damn I caught a 24 inch fish" and we measure it and it turns out to be 23" I didn't lie....I was just wrong.
    So you're saying if I hire someone to go kill someone else, I'm not responsible for that? I didn't do it, it was just someone I hired to do my dirty work. Of course not. Maybe Hilary didn't delete it herself, but she still didn't hand them over and hired someone to do it for her.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited October 2016
    tonifig8 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

Trump is a horrible choice, can't deny that. I can understand weighing what little good you can find from the candidates and think Hilary is the lesser evil, I get that. I weigh everything and think Trump, as horrible as he is, is the better choice, but still admit he is a horrible choice and still can't fathom how in the world he was chosen over the 16 other much more qualified candidates.
    This is directed to those who no matter what seem to stand by Hilary's side and make excuses for her or blame the repubs for making mountains out of molehills.
    I don't get how anyone can ignore all of the scandals or give the impression they are fabricated.
    I'm not as concerned that she used a private server as I am she destroyed evidence AFTER a subpoena was issued to hand it over, and everyone, including the FBI seems okay with that. That's just one example among the dozens listed here and elsewhere. If you're going to vote for her, can you at least admit she is also a terrible candidate, just the lesser of the two evils in your mind?

30 years of mudslinging political theater and nothing has stuck. I'll repeat that: not. one. thing. She has been smeared so repeatedly that there is the appearance of scandal where there is none. The people see through it and are tired of it. Is she Obama perfect? No. But she certainly is more qualified by any and every measure. To consider her the lesser of two evils is insulting. I saw a sandwich analogy somewhere that goes like this:

Artist: I'm sorry. We ran out of ham yesterday, how about a delicious turkey sandwich instead?
    Voters: I'm so angry you don't have ham, I'm just going to eat this sh*t sandwich for 4 years instead.
    No one made up the fact she was served a subpoena, that's fact. She deleted tens of thousands of emails after the subpoena, that's fact. She lied to the FBI during the investigation, that's fact. What part of that falls under mudslinging?
    People are in jail for far less that what she's done, that's also fact. Any one of those can lead to jail time, and would have if her name wasn't Clinton.
    "She" didn't delete emails. The firm that she hired to clean up her server deleted the emails.

She didn't lie to the FBI. They clearly said that she didn't lie....some of the statements that she made ended up not being correct or accurate. That isn't necessarily lying....which is why the FBI said it wasn't going to prosecute.

If I go fishing and tell you "damn I caught a 24 inch fish" and we measure it and it turns out to be 23" I didn't lie....I was just wrong.
    This guy is stil not convinced of anything!! Hahaha!!
    She's an angel and you're just trying to smear her, JC!
    Holy fuck this is comedy gold right here!!
    He makes a distinction between lying and saying something that is false.

Hilliary didn't lie about landing under sniper fire she made a false statement about taking photos and greeting children.
    Hilliary didn't lie about using only one device she made a false statement about using 13 devices.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

So you're saying if I hire someone to go kill someone else, I'm not responsible for that? I didn't do it, it was just someone I hired to do my dirty work. Of course not. Maybe Hilary didn't delete it herself, but she still didn't hand them over and hired someone to do it for her.
    No...that would be completely unrelated to what we were discussing

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

Hilliary didn't lie about landing under sniper fire she made a false statement about taking photos and greeting children.
    Hilliary didn't lie about using only one device she made a false statement about using 13 devices.
    I can't believe the amount of excuses I'm reading on this subject. Not even the fucking White House has challenged the authenticity of these emails. The words are coming directly from Clinton and yet that isn't enough. Talk about being delusional, man.

There simply is no fucking excuse.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

We weren't talking about the sniper fire. Maybe that was a lie....I don't know, I haven't looked at it.

Did she use 13 devices at one time? What's the lie there?

• Options
    part 4 cometh!
  • Options

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

We weren't talking about the sniper fire. Maybe that was a lie....I don't know, I haven't looked at it.

Did she use 13 devices at one time? What's the lie there?
    Nuff said!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

Only if you hadn't measure it when you caught it. She is a liar. The lies may not be that big a deal to you but she is a liar.

You are also very naïve to think that every guilty person is prosecuted and every innocent person is not. If there was ever any pressure not to prosecute Hillary it would be when prosecuting her would put Donald Trump in office.
  • Options
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5616

Re: Happy New Year

From:john.podesta@gmail.com To: donna@brazileassociates.com Date: 2016-01-03 19:33 Subject: Re: Happy New Year

Thanks Donna. Holed up in the bunker and miss seeing you. On Sunday, January 3, 2016, Donna Brazile wrote: > As soon as the nomination is wrapped up, I will be your biggest surrogate.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

No it isn't. You're whole defense to the argument was that she hired someone to delete the emails and she didn't do it herself. So what? She still had subpoenaed emails deleted. And it was weeks later, not like later the same day where maybe you'd have a very small argument that she were already being deleted by the time she got the subpoena. No, it was weeks later, so if she didn't hire the person AFTER the subpoena, which is most likely, she at least had multiple opportunities to stop the destruction of evidence. Hiring someone else to do your dirty work is never an excuse.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

Only if you hadn't measure it when you caught it. She is a liar. The lies may not be that big a deal to you but she is a liar.

You are also very naïve to think that every guilty person is prosecuted and every innocent person is not. If there was ever any pressure not to prosecute Hillary it would be when prosecuting her would put Donald Trump in office.
    Whatever....HRC has been subjected to absolute bullshit. The real abuse of power has been what the GOP has done to her.

Luckily there are more people like me than you. We'll watch out for you.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

No it isn't. You're whole defense to the argument was that she hired someone to delete the emails and she didn't do it herself. So what? She still had subpoenaed emails deleted. And it was weeks later, not like later the same day where maybe you'd have a very small argument that she were already being deleted by the time she got the subpoena. No, it was weeks later, so if she didn't hire the person AFTER the subpoena, which is most likely, she at least had multiple opportunities to stop the destruction of evidence. Hiring someone else to do your dirty work is never an excuse.
    There is a leaked email dated after subpoena that says this not sure if I posted.

Just get a third party to take care of the server.

Reply: already done
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options

mace1229 said:

CM189191 said:

mace1229 said:

Whatever....HRC has been subjected to absolute bullshit. The real abuse of power has been what the GOP has done to her.

Luckily there are more people like me than you. We'll watch out for you.
    At least admit she is corrupt, but still a better choice than Trump. That at least makes some sense. But to say she did nothing wrong by ignoring a subpoena and destroying evidence is just not true.
    The GOP didn't make her lie about her emails, she did that. They didn't make her destroy evidence and not cooperate, she did that. What exactly is the GOP making up and subjecting her to in this email scandal?
  • Options
    DNC insight, illustrates how dnc could car less about voters. Not "earth shattering" but it gives "normal people" interesting perspective. I'll get to the normal people in a moment.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5423
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Through internal discussions, we concluded that it was in our interest to: 1) limit the number of debates (and the number in each state); 2) start the debates as late as possible; 3) keep debates out of the busy window between February 1 and February 27, 2016 (Iowa to South Carolina); 4) create a schedule that would allow the later debates to be cancelled if the race is for practical purposes over; 5) encourage an emphasis on local issues and local media participants in the debate formats; and 6) ensure a format that provides equal time for all candidates and does not give the moderator any discretion to focus on one candidate.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5688#efmASYAcT

Just run of the mill democracy stuff!
  • Options
    No intent! Isn't honesty the best policy?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5711

Sorry to miss the 10. Was on with HRC. I'm very nervous about doing the screw up line by paper. That has to come from her.

Attaching here two versions of this statement, one for delivery and one for paper. I'd also like to focus our attention on the key lines about the server, which may need work: "Right now, different government agencies are debating what might possibly now be declared classified, and what’s appropriate to release to the public. Different federal bureaucracies handle these questions differently. So it’s no surprise that many Americans find this all pretty confusing. I hope the State Department and other relevant authorities will sort it out as quickly as possible and release as many emails as possible, as unredacted as possible. *In the meantime, I want to set to rest any questions about the current security of these files. So I’m handing over my email server and a thumb drive with copies of all the emails already provided to the State Department..." * On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Dan Schwerin wrote: > Circling back to this. John, you said you might have ideas on how to edit > the server sentence? Brian just floated whether we should say "I messed up" > instead of "this was a screw-up." What do folks think about that? Other > edits we should make? And then what are next steps here?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Sorry to miss the 10. Was on with HRC. I'm very nervous about doing the screw up line by paper. That has to come from her.

Attaching here two versions of this statement, one for delivery and one for paper. I'd also like to focus our attention on the key lines about the server, which may need work: "Right now, different government agencies are debating what might possibly now be declared classified, and what’s appropriate to release to the public. Different federal bureaucracies handle these questions differently. So it’s no surprise that many Americans find this all pretty confusing. I hope the State Department and other relevant authorities will sort it out as quickly as possible and release as many emails as possible, as unredacted as possible. *In the meantime, I want to set to rest any questions about the current security of these files. So I’m handing over my email server and a thumb drive with copies of all the emails already provided to the State Department..." * On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Dan Schwerin wrote: > Circling back to this. John, you said you might have ideas on how to edit > the server sentence? Brian just floated whether we should say "I messed up" > instead of "this was a screw-up." What do folks think about that? Other > edits we should make? And then what are next steps here?

nothing here....are you just trying to increase your post count?

• Options
    Can't make this up.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2488

Folks -- a terrific addition to the HHS team would be Dr. Susan J. Blumenthal. She's the wife of Rep. Ed Markey, a crucial Hill ally. She retired from the HHS Public Health Service as a Rear Admiral. I pulled the bio below from the Center for the Study of the Presidency. She'd obviously be especially terrific looking at the PHS, NIH, Women's Health. She knows a lot about where bodies are buried. Pretty important to include her somehow. OK? Please let me know. I'm having dinner with Markey on Monday.
  • Options
    Hey JC, could you please find 30,000 deleted emails about weddings and yoga? Thanks!
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Yeah didn't think of that...I'll summarize later.
    Question: would you classify someone that makes $110,000 per year as "struggling"?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

JC29856 said:

That's what I keep trying to figure out. 10's of thousands of emails leaked. And everything I've read that is supposed to be controversial, pretty much just looks like the boring internal emails of a campaign for Presidency. If someone leaked my work emails, it might be nearly as boring: "So, we've selected a vendor we know and trust; press release scheduled for Tuesday". "OMG Hillary is coordinating her campaign!!!" They're really grasping at straws here. Reeks of desperation.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Question: would you classify someone that makes $110,000 per year as "struggling"?
    depends....where do they live? Were they used to making $200,000 and now, due to circumstances, have to live on half their income?

A person making that could be struggling until they have time to adjust (i.e. move to a cheaper house, etc.)

• Options
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

That's what I keep trying to figure out. 10's of thousands of emails leaked. And everything I've read that is supposed to be controversial, pretty much just looks like the boring internal emails of a campaign for Presidency. If someone leaked my work emails, it might be nearly as boring: "So, we've selected a vendor we know and trust; press release scheduled for Tuesday". "OMG Hillary is coordinating her campaign!!!" They're really grasping at straws here. Reeks of desperation.
    Yeah I don't get it. Maybe there will be a smoking gun but I won't get too excited about these until there is.

• Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

depends....where do they live? Were they used to making $200,000 and now, due to circumstances, have to live on half their income?

A person making that could be struggling until they have time to adjust (i.e. move to a cheaper house, etc.)
    Ok just curious. I'll buy it.
  • Options
    If you look at these emails with some expectation then I can see the no big deal point, if you have no expectations and take them for what they are, insight to politics without making any assumptions as to the political awareness of US voters then a different story.
    Like I said before I put much more into the reactions or non reactions to the emails then the emails themselves.
    I like this stuff so I dive headfirst in, to each there own.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

If you look at these emails with some expectation then I can see the no big deal point, if you have no expectations and take them for what they are, insight to politics without making any assumptions as to the political awareness of US voters then a different story.
    Like I said before I put much more into the reactions or non reactions to the emails then the emails themselves.
    I like this stuff so I dive headfirst in, to each there own.

I didn't mean that as a criticism. I just didn't see anything there.

I tend to let the media sort it out. If there is anything juicy they will let me know.

Trump has already distorted one of the emails to be something it isn't.

• Options
    Some may not care that Arkansas Bill rubbed his penis on his 3rd cousin while she was watching little Chelsea. I don't either
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

Serious question.

Are you reading the leaks that JC is posting on this thread? If you referred to your Native American colleague as Pocahontas, would you be in trouble? I'm sure you had zero issue when there was images of monkey named Obama being passed around you just thought it was silly. I'm sure those images had no damaging effect to anyone.

The leaks are informative and are speaking volumes to the garbage candidate that is Hillary R. Clinton. Our country deserves better and people like you are only dumbing us down and empowering these politicians.

Read the leaks. Don't be delusional.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

Serious question.

Are you reading the leaks that JC is posting on this thread? If you referred to your Native American colleague as Pocahontas, would you be in trouble? I'm sure you had zero issue when there was images of monkey named Obama being passed around you just thought it was silly. I'm sure those images had no damaging effect to anyone.

The leaks are informative and are speaking volumes to the garbage candidate that is Hillary R. Clinton. Our country deserves better and people like you are only dumbing us down and empowering these politicians.

Read the leaks. Don't be delusional.
    It doesn't matter what our country deserves. It's either going to be Trump or Clinton.

I prefer Clinton.

This discussion has been closed.