Options

The Podesta Emails

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3990

Beyond this Hillary should stop attacking Bernie, especially when she says things that are untrue, which candidly she often does.

Right now I am petrified that Hillary is almost totally dependent on Republicans nominating Trump....she has huge endemic political weaknesses that she would be wise to rectify

John Kasich would be beating her by 8 points right now if he was the Republican nominee. She lucked out.
    Disagree. Trump is only in the running because he stirred the racists out of their holes. Kasich wouldn't have done that.
    Independents don't like Hillary but will vote for her because she is not Trump. These Podesta emails are going nowhere due to Trump's shenanigans, but I think these emails would have put the nail in her election coffin if someone like Bush or Kasich were running and the media would actually cover them more than just a 5 minute conversation after 55 minutes on Trump's tape.
    The leaks give insight to how politics in general work. It's not specific to democrats and the DNC, it happens on both sides. They also prove what some have thought all along but were labeled nuts or conspiracy theorists. What I find most interesting is the reaction to these leaks, ignore and act like they don't exist, shoot the messenger, big whoop no news here, everybody already knew this and etc.
    Because she's right . . . Politics is like making sausage. I eat sausage. I know how it's made. I don't need to watch it.
    Do you think people have a right to know how politics are made? They can then choose not to vote or vote someone else if they don't like how it looks.
    I compare it to GMOs, I'd prefer to know if what I'm eating is GMO free simply because I we don't know the effects of it. Just tell me if it's GMO and I'll take my voting dollars elsewhere.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited October 2016

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Beyond this Hillary should stop attacking Bernie, especially when she says things that are untrue, which candidly she often does.

Right now I am petrified that Hillary is almost totally dependent on Republicans nominating Trump....she has huge endemic political weaknesses that she would be wise to rectify

John Kasich would be beating her by 8 points right now if he was the Republican nominee. She lucked out.
    Disagree. Trump is only in the running because he stirred the racists out of their holes. Kasich wouldn't have done that.
    Independents don't like Hillary but will vote for her because she is not Trump. These Podesta emails are going nowhere due to Trump's shenanigans, but I think these emails would have put the nail in her election coffin if someone like Bush or Kasich were running and the media would actually cover them more than just a 5 minute conversation after 55 minutes on Trump's tape.
    The leaks give insight to how politics in general work. It's not specific to democrats and the DNC, it happens on both sides. They also prove what some have thought all along but were labeled nuts or conspiracy theorists. What I find most interesting is the reaction to these leaks, ignore and act like they don't exist, shoot the messenger, big whoop no news here, everybody already knew this and etc.
    Because she's right . . . Politics is like making sausage. I eat sausage. I know how it's made. I don't need to watch it.
    You like being lied to then? You have no problem with Hillary telling you that she won't vote for the TPP when she knows that her private policy position is to sign it into law? Just politics? Wow. Way to set the bar low.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

You like being lied to then? You have no problem with Hillary telling you that she won't vote for the TPP when she knows that her private policy position is to sign it into law? Just politics? Wow. Way to set the bar low.
    If she says she won't vote for it, gets elected, and then votes for it you will have a position to stand on.

Until then you don't.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,018

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

You mean both are lined with the same material that crap flows through, but spice it up a little and pretend its not made from a shit tube?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    unsung said:

I'm sort of wondering at this point what Clinton has to do to lose support...

Clearly her supporters don't have backbones or principles, she's basically a neo-con aside from some social issues, and on those she flip flops depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Is it just the pure hatred of the nevertrump crowd? I just don't see any redeeming qualities.

Perfectly stated

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Do you think people have a right to know how politics are made? They can then choose not to vote or vote someone else if they don't like how it looks.
    I compare it to GMOs, I'd prefer to know if what I'm eating is GMO free simply because I we don't know the effects of it. Just tell me if it's GMO and I'll take my voting dollars elsewhere.
    Of course people have a right to know. That's not the subject of dispute.

I'm just surprised that people act like this country was founded on anything but unsavory deals, starting with the writing of the Constitution itself. Each historical moment works out its kinks and then we move on. The sky hasn't fallen yet. We survived the Civil War that Lincoln politicked his way through. We'll survive Clinton.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yawn.
    Are you two new to politics?

This is just same old same, and pretty tame really.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

I agree, and I would very seriously be considering my first vote for a Republican candidate! HRC sucks, and Kasich isn't a total nut like most of the GOP nowadays, I'm pretty sure he even believes in evolution! :how_interesting:
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I'm just surprised that people act like this country was founded on anything but unsavory deals, starting with the writing of the Constitution itself. Each historical moment works out its kinks and then we move on. The sky hasn't fallen yet. We survived the Civil War that Lincoln politicked his way through. We'll survive Clinton.
    Agree100% we would survive trump too. It's why I don't understand the hysteria. I asked previously which I never received an answer, what would happen if Trump is elected? Sky fall?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Agree100% we would survive trump too. It's why I don't understand the hysteria. I asked previously which I never received an answer, what would happen if Trump is elected? Sky fall?
    We do now have the spectre of nuclear war to worry about, and he has made mention of using our nuclear weapons on a number of occasions, with great immaturity.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Considering Trump believes that Climate Change is hoax brought on by the Chinese, yes. There is a legitimate concern that the sky will actually fall.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

We do now have the spectre of nuclear war to worry about, and he has made mention of using our nuclear weapons on a number of occasions, with great immaturity.
    Who would start war with Russia? T or C
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Considering Trump believes that Climate Change is hoax brought on by the Chinese, yes. There is a legitimate concern that the sky will actually fall.
    Hilliary is such a environmental champion she has zero record on it other then promoting worldwide fracking!

• Options
    Phony environmental groups.
    A cabinet position will be filled by someone that is concerned with UFOs aliens and space war.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hopefully neither, I don't see any evidence to suggest Clinton would, but Trump can be easily goaded into agression by mere words.
    Who acts without prior consideration? T or C?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I've said before we would survive Trump. But I am not interested in giving the far right wing full control of all three branches of our government at this point in time when we have fought for and won progress on so many issues. Congress is too close to call. The Supreme Court sits for a lifetime. The policies they would put in place and the likely court decisions coming out of them would have a long-term effect that I don't care to see for our country. Survivable, yes. Desirable, no.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I've said before we would survive Trump. But I am not interested in giving the far right wing full control of all three branches of our government at this point in time when we have fought for and won progress on so many issues. Congress is too close to call. The Supreme Court sits for a lifetime. The policies they would put in place and the likely court decisions coming out of them would have a long-term effect that I don't care to see for our country. Survivable, yes. Desirable, no.
    I don't either but be honest there isn't effective 3 branches of government. The executive branch has morphed into empirical branch and that's what scares people. What's the saying reap what you sew.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hopefully neither, I don't see any evidence to suggest Clinton would, but Trump can be easily goaded into agression by mere words.
    Who acts without prior consideration? T or C?
    You know no more about what a trump presidency would be like than a Gore presidency or a Mondale presidency.
    Lucky for the sky it will never know either.
  • Options
    I think it's reep what you sow. Just ask Bernie. He knows, he lost. He's a loser.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2016

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

If she says she won't vote for it, gets elected, and then votes for it you will have a position to stand on.

Until then you don't.
    Well, Trump said he is going to wipe out ISIS. I guess when we vote we should vote assuming he will wipe out Isis and then hold him accountable if he doesn't even though we know he doesn't have a plan just like we know Hillary will pass a TPP law that is bad for American workers but good for the elites.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

And if we are here by a chance explosion (big bang) and the mutation of cells and organisms over time (evolution) what would it matter if the sky fell? Nothing is right or wrong. Just part of evolution.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

I agree, and I would very seriously be considering my first vote for a Republican candidate! HRC sucks, and Kasich isn't a total nut like most of the GOP nowadays, I'm pretty sure he even believes in evolution! :how_interesting:
    Actually, evolution doesn't really exist. Elon Musk claims we are just part of some matrix style simulation. I really enjoy the fact that our future is in large part dictated by the unelected few (Google, Facebook, Amazon).
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I don't either but be honest there isn't effective 3 branches of government. The executive branch has morphed into empirical branch and that's what scares people. What's the saying reap what you sew.
    The executive branch has morphed because our government has been divided between parties since forever, and radicalized wings of Congress have refused to work together because of their endless campaign cycle. Voters have sowed this by continuing to support incumbents who get nothing done instead of rewarding those who compromise. The electorate is equally responsible for this current mess.
  • Options

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Actually, evolution doesn't really exist. Elon Musk claims we are just part of some matrix style simulation. I really enjoy the fact that our future is in large part dictated by the unelected few (Google, Facebook, Amazon).
    Who says that simulation isn't evolving? lol :wink:
    Not much different than the old days when it was the oil, coal, and railroad tycoons, or the recent days when it was the financial tycoons, now it's shifting to the tech tycoons.
    Such is life.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

And if we are here by a chance explosion (big bang) and the mutation of cells and organisms over time (evolution) what would it matter if the sky fell? Nothing is right or wrong. Just part of evolution.
    I guess some people just want to watch the world burn...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Who says that simulation isn't evolving? lol :wink:
    Not much different than the old days when it was the oil, coal, and railroad tycoons, or the recent days when it was the financial tycoons, now it's shifting to the tech tycoons.
    Such is life.
    Yeah. Unfortunately the tech tycoons are leaving behind a world where if I step outside my house I will be filmed at all times. I know I'm posting on a website and have a smartphone, but I hate where technology is taking us. That may sound like a "get off my lawn" comment, but just how I feel.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

To the universe it wouldn't matter at all, but it would matter to my baby boy and that's enough for me!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

To the universe it wouldn't matter at all, but it would matter to my baby boy and that's enough for me!
    I just want my son to see the jays win the world series in a couple of weeks and then I pretty much don't care what happens.
  • Options
    Wow, I thought you would have wished for your son to see the US invade Iran. For the record? Cubs win the World Series.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.