Options

PJ Emek Charlotte HOLY GRAIL fundraiser: update! we have a winner and totals!

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,081

Did I win yet?

yep, a lifetime supply of Vancouver wolf man posters coming your way!
  • Options

Did I win yet?

yep, a lifetime supply of Vancouver wolf man posters coming your way!
    Aaaaaaaaargh!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Seriously everyone. Do you really want chocolate smears on your posters while Dave rolls them in tubes after eating passing out candy tonight for Halloween... patience!!! (Dammit Dave, where's my prize already!!). :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Seriously everyone. Do you really want chocolate smears on your posters while Dave rolls them in tubes after eating passing out candy tonight for Halloween... patience!!! (Dammit Dave, where's my prize already!!). :rock_on:

Seriously! OYR gets over 5000 lbs of candy and I will be swimming in it like donald duck by this weekend
    With that said, let's give it an hour and pick the grand prize winner...
    i answered a lot of PMs this morning about asking how to donate so if anyone winds up donating after 2:30 pm EST, we will just add them to the pool but obviously they would only be elig for prizes that are still left etc.
    Be back in an hour with our first winner!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    SD48277 said:

congrats to today's daily surprise winner! its a very rare and amazing item that she won!!

The prize arrived today! I am incapable of posting pics (yeah, yeah...I know...photobucket, copy and paste URL in the little picture box here, click on "post comment"...I still have issues). I received an old school PJ gym/duffle bag. Green and gold. Sturdy cloth (not that plastic-y stuff). Good for stuffing plenty of merch. :smiley:Thank you, elwayvedder! You are awesome!!!!!!!
    wow. that's awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    Amazing work done by an Amazing guy. Thanks Dave for all you do.
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

PP193448 said:

Seriously! OYR gets over 5000 lbs of candy and I will be swimming in it like donald duck by this weekend
    With that said, let's give it an hour and pick the grand prize winner...
    i answered a lot of PMs this morning about asking how to donate so if anyone winds up donating after 2:30 pm EST, we will just add them to the pool but obviously they would only be elig for prizes that are still left etc.
    Be back in an hour with our first winner!
    Woah, that's a lot of sugar!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Good luck everyone and excellent job of helping OYR and GTL. :lucky:
  • Options

Good luck everyone and excellent job of helping OYR and GTL. :lucky:

ditto!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    Good luck everyone and great job organizing this
  • Options
    before we get to the grand prize winner, who will have their pick of any of the prizes listed on the first 2 pages, I need to ramble on for a bit.
    Never in my PJ fandomness have I seen this level of giving, support, love and friendship. Never and there has been a lot. TRUST ME. A LOT.
    This has blown away all things in the past. Whether it was the help and donations in 2009 in closing out the Spectrum (happy 7th anniversary SPECTRUMMMM!!)..or any of the other fundraisers and things done here in the forums since then...this has been the top one. I am just blown away.
    I mean the level of giving here was just off the charts. So much so that at one point, I was turning down people offering donation items simply because I wouldn't be able to keep up with everything and i would be drawing winners until next year...but then the financial donations kept coming in so i decided i owed it to everyone to start accepting prize donations again and voila, they just kept coming in...

So here we are...drum roll please...
    Before expenses of buying prizes, shipping those prizes, paypal fees (when we had to start incurring them) and so on, are you sitting down?
    DRUM ROLL MR CAMERON....

For OYR & GTL, to be split 50/50 after expenses, we grossed well over $5K!!!
    WOW!!
    Unreal. My expectations were blown away. This helps (your help) in so many ways, I could go on and on all day. So thank you everyone. To the people who bumped and cross posted on facebook, to the people who offered prizes, to the donors, to those who came up with incentives to get more donations, and so on....we are all winners thanks to you....
    Last but not least, we have so much love here that there will be even more random prizes drawn and sent out to anyone who doesn't win anything. I will keep drawing names and send out prizes until I am out of everything!! So hang in there...if you don't hear from me, it may take weeks or months, but you may still hear from me...
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU GIVE & NOTHING THAT YOU TAKE...
    and now to the 1st grand prize winner where they have their choice of any prize on the list including the 96 Emek:
    Congrats go to:
    ldent42
    ...you are on the clock to pick!!
    Thank you everyone! More to come, be patient with me as I go back and forth drawing winners, getting addresses and getting things shipped out from me or from others who donated prizes.
    "The love he receives is the love that is saved"

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Boom!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,933

before we get to the grand prize winner, who will have their pick of any of the prizes listed on the first 2 pages, I need to ramble on for a bit.
    Never in my PJ fandomness have I seen this level of giving, support, love and friendship. Never and there has been a lot. TRUST ME. A LOT.
    This has blown away all things in the past. Whether it was the help and donations in 2009 in closing out the Spectrum (happy 7th anniversary SPECTRUMMMM!!)..or any of the other fundraisers and things done here in the forums since then...this has been the top one. I am just blown away.
    I mean the level of giving here was just off the charts. So much so that at one point, I was turning down people offering donation items simply because I wouldn't be able to keep up with everything and i would be drawing winners until next year...but then the financial donations kept coming in so i decided i owed it to everyone to start accepting prize donations again and voila, they just kept coming in...

So here we are...drum roll please...
    Before expenses of buying prizes, shipping those prizes, paypal fees (when we had to start incurring them) and so on, are you sitting down?
    DRUM ROLL MR CAMERON....

For OYR & GTL, to be split 50/50 after expenses, we grossed well over $5K!!!
    WOW!!
    Unreal. My expectations were blown away. This helps (your help) in so many ways, I could go on and on all day. So thank you everyone. To the people who bumped and cross posted on facebook, to the people who offered prizes, to the donors, to those who came up with incentives to get more donations, and so on....we are all winners thanks to you....
    Last but not least, we have so much love here that there will be even more random prizes drawn and sent out to anyone who doesn't win anything. I will keep drawing names and send out prizes until I am out of everything!! So hang in there...if you don't hear from me, it may take weeks or months, but you may still hear from me...
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU GIVE & NOTHING THAT YOU TAKE...
    and now to the 1st grand prize winner where they have their choice of any prize on the list including the 96 Emek:
    Congrats go to:
    ldent42
    ...you are on the clock to pick!!
    Thank you everyone! More to come, be patient with me as I go back and forth drawing winners, getting addresses and getting things shipped out from me or from others who donated prizes.
    "The love he receives is the love that is saved"

:clap: Simply amazing, nice to see how much was raised for such a great cause. Thanks again to Dave and Tom for all that you guys do.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited October 2016
    Congrats ident42 :heart:
    Wow Dave thanks for sharing, that figure is awesome for 2 great organisations. Let's give Dave, Tom and everyone involved a big cheer....hip hip hooray :joy:
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options
    WOW!!!! That is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GJ125369GJ125369 Canada Posts: 40
    Awesome to see there was so much support!! Truly amazing work by all involved!
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2016
    that's a lot of $$$ going to great charities! awesome!
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 625
    Holy schnikees. That's awesome. This was my first crack at this and it's been a hoot!!! Good luck everybody and if something like this comes up again let's see if we can't better ourselves!!!! Cheers everyone!
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    :clap:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Great work to everyone who has donated in any way to this and to Dave, as always, for organizing!

and congrats to @ident42
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    Congrats ldent!!!

And great job, Dave & Tom!!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    That is so awesome!! Congrats to everyone, I love these so much :)
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    and things just keep getting more amazing...
    Ident42 has selected the Emek holy grail 96 poster
    and HAS DONATED THE POSTER BACK to OYR/GTL. Ident now wants OYR/GTL to benefit even further and has asked that it be sold to a great fan here on Lost Dogs (if not, then ebay or Facebook etc). We will start a new thread soon with the poster for sale benefiting OYR/GTL!!!"
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,496
    holy shit. super generous
  • Options
    pearljim...you are on the clock...PM coming. You are up next to pick from the prize list (everything but the emek!)
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    Wow, that is a lot of money. Kudos to everyone.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Live footage of me reading the PM from elwayvedder: https://youtu.be/_3PUu88nOcw

Seriously though OYR & GTL are really great organizations and you guys are just awesome, "pillars of the community" as they say - really glad I can contribute in a small way and I'm SUPER stoked to hear those donation figures!!!

Thank you for organizing the great raffle and prizes!!

Happy Halloween everyone
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    Is this real life...? LOL This is seriously one of the most kick ass things I've seen in a long time.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    :bow: Shoulda picked this up the night of bump... Posters... who knew? :wink:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,877
    Congrats to OYR, GTL, & Ident42 :clap:
    A warm & fuzzy reminder of the large number of good peeps we have here :smiley:
    Looking forward to watching this one play out!