PJ Emek Charlotte HOLY GRAIL fundraiser: update! we have a winner and totals!

Comments

• IamTom said:

I've been away from this for a few days and come back to this pure epic amazingness.

This is incredible in so many ways and means so much.

Dave, I'm currently acquiring RSI from tipping my cap repeatedly and hoarse from yelling thank you...Jersey can you hear me!!!

On a purely GTL note we've had a couple of applications come in recently -

A youngster with learning difficulties wants to see Take That or Robbie Williams.

A mum applied for her 15yo daughter who has autism, depression, significant physical difficulties to see Black Veil Brides when they tour.

After listening to mum and learning she's a longtime single parent, that her daughter doesn't get respite care at all or the necessary support for her depression we thought mum should have something as well. It took mum a few days to even remember what bands she likes (carers often forget about themselves so entirely they forget what they enjoy) and came back with a list. We're also taking mum to a show, possibly a festival, definitely whatever she chooses it's a couple of nights for her and any friend she chooses. Her brother has offered to take her daughter but I've also said that if necessary GTL will fund respite if necessary. Her response...'it's like I'm going to have a holiday.'

That is awesome!
  • I just wanted to say thanks and congrats to everyone for making this a huge success. I'm amazed by how much was raised and by all the very generous donations. Incredible job by all.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
    2022: San Diego, LA1
    2024: LA1
  • IamTom said:

I've been away from this for a few days and come back to this pure epic amazingness.

Dave, I'm currently acquiring RSI from tipping my cap repeatedly and hoarse from yelling thank you...Jersey can you hear me!!!

A youngster with learning difficulties wants to see Take That or Robbie Williams.

A mum applied for her 15yo daughter who has autism, depression, significant physical difficulties to see Black Veil Brides when they tour.

After listening to mum and learning she's a longtime single parent, that her daughter doesn't get respite care at all or the necessary support for her depression we thought mum should have something as well. It took mum a few days to even remember what bands she likes (carers often forget about themselves so entirely they forget what they enjoy) and came back with a list. We're also taking mum to a show, possibly a festival, definitely whatever she chooses it's a couple of nights for her and any friend she chooses. Her brother has offered to take her daughter but I've also said that if necessary GTL will fund respite if necessary. Her response...'it's like I'm going to have a holiday.'

That is awesome!
    I love reading these stories, Tom keep up the excellent work. So many people in need of your help. It's been wonderful to be a part of an awesome team that's helped you.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    IamTom said:

Amazing job well done again Tom. I am so glad to have been a part in giving to these organizations that just never seize to amaze. I love to hear these stories, and see what an amazing experience Tom and the rest of the GTL crew can bring to some of these individuals, and bring them a little bit of healing through music. Keep up the amazing work Tom.
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Posts: 1,401
    edited November 2016
    dankind said:

VedderMTL said:

blood red mosquito
    you up! PM!

When is it my turn :anguished:
    you already won and picked...it was the Ames Hartford poster
    Slam dunk!
    :(

Doesn't look at all like the Emek :blush:
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,110
    back to picking winners...next winner is Adam R who will be getting an email from me..
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    edited November 2016
    So, you're wonderful generosity will be going to help more of this happen...

GTL photo B0959664-3F98-45D8-9230-B21458BE4486_zpslxgkjxem.jpg
    Post edited by IamTom on
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    IamTom said:

So, you're wonderful generosity will be going to help more of this happen...

GTL photo B0959664-3F98-45D8-9230-B21458BE4486_zpslxgkjxem.jpg

Joshua! :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
    our next winner was messaged on Facebook and he picked the Mike Mad Season signed vinyl
    Next winner with a pm coming is Greed! Congrats Greed
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

our next winner was messaged on Facebook and he picked the Mike Mad Season signed vinyl

nice! I was secretly hoping that one would stick around! haha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:

So was I!
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,877

mfc2006 said:

So was I!
    same here
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    edited November 2016
    Anyone want a new RHCP album download code? Make a $5 donation to OYR and it is yours!
    and Greed selects an XL GTL Hoodie!
    Ray J. T. congrats! you are on the clock!
  • greedgreed Posts: 171
    Congrats to all involved with this successful event, great to see!
    :rock_on: Awesome, I am in for the Shadow Vinyl + Mad Season Red Vinyl. And with that being said, I will be making another donation for this amazing cause. Again not enough thanks that can be said to Dave and Tom for all the amazing work you guys do. Keep it up.
    next up is WASHED!
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Awesome! Thanks Dave! I'm going with the Love Boat Captain himself, 48) Rosie's GTL Wrigley poster
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
    Washed said:

Awesome! Thanks Dave! I'm going with the Love Boat Captain himself, 48) Rosie's GTL Wrigley poster

Phenomenal choice. I can tell you personally that this print looks so much better in person. (Pictures don't do it justice) I was able to get myself one before Wrigley thanks to Tom. Congrats @Washed
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Ray J. T. said:

Washed said:

Phenomenal choice. I can tell you personally that this print looks so much better in person. (Pictures don't do it justice) I was able to get myself one before Wrigley thanks to Tom. Congrats @Washed
    Thanks Ray! This was actually my favorite Wrigley poster and I was at that show so was excited to grab it. It will be hanging on my wall soon. GTL is great and I hope to see Joshua on the next tour!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
    edited November 2016
    Washed said:

Ray J. T. said:

Washed said:

Thanks Ray! This was actually my favorite Wrigley poster and I was at that show so was excited to grab it. It will be hanging on my wall soon. GTL is great and I hope to see Joshua on the next tour!
    Same here, hope to see Joshua and the Fam on the next tour as well. Btw only 10 of those posters were printed! A true one of a kind.
    edited November 2016
    Just sent another donation your way! Thanks again @elwayvedder and @IamTom
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Ray J. T. said:

Awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ray J. T. said:

Washed said:

This. I have one as well, amazing!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    back to selecting winners...moelculardreaming
    pm on the way!
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Ray J. T. said:

You rock!

Thank you so much.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    Congrats to all the winners so far. So incredible what was raised!! Such great generosity by such great people!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2