1235»

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

The bullshit on Obama was manufactured. His birth certificate was presented and it was not accepted by birthers/Trump.

Ill side with you on this point, but I don't think it was race based I think it was butthurt Repubs or whoever not accepting a crushing defeat from an unknown

That was their motive, but their actual actions were racist. None of that would have ever happened if Obama weren't black with a Kenyan dad. If they'd been butthurt about a white democrat beating them it's not like it would have occurred to them to try and say that the person wasn't a real American. Not in a million years. Not even if his father were a foreigner.
    You don't know that.
    Do you say that because you think there is even a minute chance that they would have?? Even if you said that is what you think, I'm not sure I'd buy it.
    Republicans would use any angle they could to get at a Democrat. Whether it is cheating in office, whitewater, pneumonia, citizenship, emails, etc... they would use it. They have proven they have no limits so why would you think a white guy with a French dad and a possibility of being born outside the USA would be off limits?

Again, you say they are sexist with Hillary, and racist with Obama, but they actually impeached a white guy from the south. Argument over. Just spiked the football in the end zone.
    Right... so a bunch of other things they did, justified or not, didn't stem from underlying racism. That doesn't mean they didn't do some other thing that did.
    His dad was from Kenya. Why is it racist to try to claim he was born in Kenya? What remote tie to racism is there? There are millions of black people in the USA and no one suspects they were all born in Africa so there isn't any line of thinking that Obama is black so he must have been born in Africa. Also, what is the negativity to being born in Africa? Is it an insult? No, it wasn't and insult or a racist play. It was an opportunistic play to try to prove he wasn't a legitimately elected president.
    Just like claiming he is a Muslim isn't an insult? It shouldn't be but to many Americans that is the worst thing they've ever heard.

It would be one thing if they tried to delegitimize or disqualify him from running because of where he was born but the birthers kept at it for years even after he was President.

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

Crooked Hillary is taking everyone down with her. Shady.

Seems Trump is moving on from "Crooked Hillary". Shouldn't you follow him?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,644
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

The bullshit on Obama was manufactured. His birth certificate was presented and it was not accepted by birthers/Trump.

Ill side with you on this point, but I don't think it was race based I think it was butthurt Repubs or whoever not accepting a crushing defeat from an unknown

That was their motive, but their actual actions were racist. None of that would have ever happened if Obama weren't black with a Kenyan dad. If they'd been butthurt about a white democrat beating them it's not like it would have occurred to them to try and say that the person wasn't a real American. Not in a million years. Not even if his father were a foreigner.
    You don't know that.
    Do you say that because you think there is even a minute chance that they would have?? Even if you said that is what you think, I'm not sure I'd buy it.
    Republicans would use any angle they could to get at a Democrat. Whether it is cheating in office, whitewater, pneumonia, citizenship, emails, etc... they would use it. They have proven they have no limits so why would you think a white guy with a French dad and a possibility of being born outside the USA would be off limits?

Again, you say they are sexist with Hillary, and racist with Obama, but they actually impeached a white guy from the south. Argument over. Just spiked the football in the end zone.
    Right... so a bunch of other things they did, justified or not, didn't stem from underlying racism. That doesn't mean they didn't do some other thing that did.
    His dad was from Kenya. Why is it racist to try to claim he was born in Kenya? What remote tie to racism is there? There are millions of black people in the USA and no one suspects they were all born in Africa so there isn't any line of thinking that Obama is black so he must have been born in Africa. Also, what is the negativity to being born in Africa? Is it an insult? No, it wasn't and insult or a racist play. It was an opportunistic play to try to prove he wasn't a legitimately elected president.
    How many other presidents had fathers or mothers who were born in a foreign country? Do you know off the top of your head? Of course not, because nobody cares about the white immigrant parents.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

How many other presidents had fathers or mothers who were born in a foreign country? Do you know off the top of your head? Of course not, because nobody cares about the white immigrant parents.
    I don't know off the top of my head. Hillary's surrogates haven't emailed reporters with that info. Obama's dad is from Kenya so I am struggling to see how it is racist to ask if someone was born where his dad is from.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,644

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

I don't know off the top of my head. Hillary's surrogates haven't emailed reporters with that info. Obama's dad is from Kenya so I am struggling to see how it is racist to ask if someone was born where his dad is from.
    The point is that no one else is asked. There is a reason why Barack Hussein Obama in particular was the only President where his father's home country was an issue and his American right to be President was brought into question. That reason is... wanna guess? ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

The point is that no one else is asked. There is a reason why Barack Hussein Obama in particular was the only President where his father's home country was an issue and his American right to be President was brought into question. That reason is... wanna guess? ;)
    On a smaller scale (smaller scale because it didn't take off as well), isn't that essentially what Trump accused Cruz of? If Cruz was black and from Africa, they'd be calling it racist. But white Canadian/American its just politics.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

Oh Jesus Christ..... Now we're getting the old "no one said the N word, so it's not racist" bullshit. Forget it, dude. You can't fix the massive issues going on in some minds. People can rationalize anything, and that's exactly what's going on here.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

On a smaller scale (smaller scale because it didn't take off as well), isn't that essentially what Trump accused Cruz of? If Cruz was black and from Africa, they'd be calling it racist. But white Canadian/American its just politics.
    Cruz was actually born in Canada, though. No one ever even disputed that. The question was more a about whether his mother renounced her citizenship prior to his birth. That said, no one with a brain (see your comment about trump making the claim) actually lent that any credence.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    Gtilley8 said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

Cruz was actually born in Canada, though. No one ever even disputed that. The question was more a about whether his mother renounced her citizenship prior to his birth. That said, no one with a brain (see your comment about trump making the claim) actually lent that any credence.
    Yeah I realize he was born there, but still under circumstances that make him a US citizen. I do believe 2 things: if he was another color some would call it racist, and the reason the rest of the GOP didn't jump on board with it was because Cruz was their best shot at beating trump
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

Oh Jesus Christ..... Now we're getting the old "no one said the N word, so it's not racist" bullshit. Forget it, dude. You can't fix the massive issues going on in some minds. People can rationalize anything, and that's exactly what's going on here.
    Wow, you must really be a racist if you assume every black person could have been born in Africa because that is what you are implying by saying that the birther movement that dealt with Obama's dad living in Kenya (color has not yet made an appearance but for you it has) had to be racially motivated.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Gtilley8 said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

Yeah I realize he was born there, but still under circumstances that make him a US citizen. I do believe 2 things: if he was another color some would call it racist, and the reason the rest of the GOP didn't jump on board with it was because Cruz was their best shot at beating trump
    I think that's a huge false equivalency, but whatever. You can think that if you want. I disagree.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    I had a boss who used to say "not stolen, but borrowed with pride":

The Republican Party has been privately butt hurt over the impeachment of Nixon since the 1970s. And no matter how much they try, they can't move past it. They thought they had Bill Clinton, the first Democratic President since the 70s, and they went after him with a vengeance. And kids, I am telling you, they were crazy about going after him, Hillary and everyone associated with them.

They finally were able to find one thing they could get him on- lying about an affair with another adult, who happened to work for him. They impeached him for that. It had NO impact on public perception of the man and he has had some of the highest marks for an ex President. People still love Bill Clinton.

The GOP haaaaates this. Their victory was hallow. On the heels of the Clinton presidency, the GOP put in a President that is widely considered to be one of the worst in the history of this nation. 2 awful wars, failed policies with terrorists and torture, economic policies that produced the fewest jobs of any President in decades, tax cuts that moved money from the middle class to upper classes, and an economic crash that very nearly caused permanent damage to the United States of America. His legacy is abysmal. There is a reason you never see George W Bush as the face of the Republican Party.

Barack Obama has restored some of this prestige. He has succeeded despite the Republican attempts to question his citizenship status, his legitimacy as a candidate and President, while shutting down the Government time and again in order to cause further economic damage to the country. They have failed to ruin the President.

Along comes Hillary Clinton. She was part of the committee that researched Nixon and had all the evidence that showed him to be guilty. That committee recommended impeachment. On this, Nixon resigned. She was part of that 90s cabal that the Republican Party tried so hard to destroy- in the name of getting revenge for Richard Nixon's demise. Privately, they are impressed by her and find her to be better than they are. For this, they resent her. Publicly, they've unleashed everything to find anything so they can do this:

Questions regarding a break in at a Washington DC hotel- Watergate- surfaced during the election of 1972. Soon it was suggested that the Republican Party and the White House was involved. President Nixon downplayed all this as political mumbo jumbo and he went on to win the election. After this, evidence and people involved began to come forward. Nixon's second term was derailed by this and it ended his Presidency.

The Republican Party wants this to happen to Hillary. They are pretty sure she is going to win, so they are setting it up in hopes of bringing her down the way she helped bring down Richard Nixon. They are desperate to do this. The thing is, she isn't guilty of anything that would qualify her for impeachment. Here's the stupid details that no one is able to talk about- because it really would embarrass our nation:

The email system is outdated. It could not handle modern security cyphers, technology or phones. For this reason, several Secretaries of State have used non Government email systems to do their work. Hillary was given information on this and was then given advice from former Secretary of State Colin Powell. In response, she set up an email server to allow her to use modern technologies, more secure connections and modern phones to communicate within and without the State Department. This isn't any conspiracy and if full details of these environments were released, it would embarrass the Government and basically let all other Governments and rogue groups (ISIS) know how bad the environment has been.

So while the Republican Party is screaming how evil Hillary is for doing this, the FBI Director won't give them anything because there is nothing to give. My advice to those screaming is "fix your damn computer problems, assholes."
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020