Options

Obama also lied about Hillary's Server

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Racism is by partisan only difference is Dems are covert and GOP overt.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

Why the pres using 'fictitious name used by an author to conceal his or her identity;' to communicate with his Sec of State?

this^^^^^

not pertaining to the quote above that I want to comment on:

and for the record to the comments above about disrespecting the office, there was NO ONE more disrespected that Bush during his term as president

secondly the racism argument is a complete and utter joke when saying that Repubs wanted Obama as a one term president, people who use the racist card lack the reasoning to conduct a valid argument

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

Why the pres using 'fictitious name used by an author to conceal his or her identity;' to communicate with his Sec of State?

this^^^^^

and for the record to the comments above about disrespecting the office, there was NO ONE more disrespected that Bush during his term as president

secondly the racism argument is a complete and utter joke when saying that Repubs wanted Obama as a one term president, people who use the racist card lack the reasoning to conduct a valid argument

Yea, sure.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

this^^^^^

Make a valid argument that the birther movement wasn't racist.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,020

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

this^^^^^

I think the birther movement was a weak attempt at trying to indicate he wasn't qualified to be pres.
    Doesn't Hilary have a list of things about Trump and visa versa? It's politics, slander and degrade your opponent, its nothing new unfortunately.
    Even republicans had a weak attempt at overthrowing Trumps nomination. It happens to every candidate, just because a candidate is black doesn't make it racist.

If Obama has a bad week in the media he blames it on race (you can easily google examples if you don't know what I'm referring to).Where were his comments when the Black Panters stood in front of voting booths in full military attire displaying weapons and shouting racial slurs? There seems to be a bigger deal that a member of the opposite party didn't want Obama as their president than actual black panthers turning away voters. No, Obama didn't organize it, but I'm just pointing out the little bit of racism that does exists exists on both sides and not just one party. And in my opinion a very small, insignificant portion of society falls under that umbrella.
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

this^^^^^

Republicans impeached Bill Clinton.
    Republicans accused Obama of not being born in the US.
    Republicans want to disqualify for Hilary for email practices.

The pattern has nothing to do with race or gender. The pattern is Republicans don't like Democrats.
  • Options
    Dude, that can be explained away with the fact they are racist against saxophone players, and wives of a saxophone player. Common logic.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Excuse me...at least they had a reason to impeach Clinton. They had something to hang their hat on.

The bullshit on Obama was manufactured. His birth certificate was presented and it was not accepted by birthers/Trump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,568

Excuse me...at least they had a reason to impeach Clinton. They had something to hang their hat on.

The bullshit on Obama was manufactured. His birth certificate was presented and it was not accepted by birthers/Trump.

If his name had been Robert O' Brian and was Caucasian they wouldn't have challenged his heritage.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641

If his name had been Robert O' Brian and was Caucasian they wouldn't have challenged his heritage.
    Exactly.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No, but they would have attempted some other claim as to how he is ineligible.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

this^^^^^

Republicans impeached Bill Clinton.
    Republicans accused Obama of not being born in the US.
    Republicans want to disqualify for Hilary for email practices.

The pattern has nothing to do with race or gender. The pattern is Republicans don't like Democrats.
    There's a lot of truth to this, but let's not forget that many of these politicians are buddies and play golf together. To add to your last statement about republicans don't like dems- let's not forget that many of us who supported Obama don't like dems and especially Clinton! It's not just the republicans that don't like her
  • Options
    I don't think Hilary herself was involved, but I do think I remember Hilary supporters also joining the Birther movement to try and secure her nomination. Its about if you kick the other guy down enough, you can win.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Ill side with you on this point, but I don't think it was race based I think it was butthurt Repubs or whoever not accepting a crushing defeat from an unknown

• Options
    I think it's both, actually. Some butt hurt people, some with racial meaning.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

Ill side with you on this point, but I don't think it was race based I think it was butthurt Repubs or whoever not accepting a crushing defeat from an unknown

That was their motive, but their actual actions were racist. None of that would have ever happened if Obama weren't black with a Kenyan dad. If they'd been butthurt about a white democrat beating them it's not like it would have occurred to them to try and say that the person wasn't a real American. Not in a million years. Not even if his father were a foreigner.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

That was their motive, but their actual actions were racist. None of that would have ever happened if Obama weren't black with a Kenyan dad. If they'd been butthurt about a white democrat beating them it's not like it would have occurred to them to try and say that the person wasn't a real American. Not in a million years. Not even if his father were a foreigner.
    I removed my comment because it was kind of dumb.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.
  • Options

Thy would have if they thought Obrian was not born in the USA.
  • Options

So what if manufactured? My point was that the republicans will try to throw anything to the wall and make it stick regardless of the Democrats race or gender because....wait for it ...... They have done it recently to a white male, a black male, and a white woman recently.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.
    Do you say that because you think there is even a minute chance that they would have?? Even if you said that is what you think, I'm not sure I'd buy it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.
    Do you say that because you think there is even a minute chance that they would have?? Even if you said that is what you think, I'm not sure I'd buy it.
    Republicans would use any angle they could to get at a Democrat. Whether it is cheating in office, whitewater, pneumonia, citizenship, emails, etc... they would use it. They have proven they have no limits so why would you think a white guy with a French dad and a possibility of being born outside the USA would be off limits?

Again, you say they are sexist with Hillary, and racist with Obama, but they actually impeached a white guy from the south. Argument over. Just spiked the football in the end zone.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Gtilley8 said:

BS44325 said:

Gtilley8 said:

mace1229 said:

Gtilley8 said:

Gtilley8 said:

unsung said:

Ran on the promise of hope and change and being the most transparent administration.

Turned out to be the most corrupt administration and non-transparent.

I hear this from my alt-right friends....."most corrupt." Please elaborate with facts.

Also, I never once heard them say the same thing about the Bush administration for lying about the reasons to go to war with Iraq. Not saying you're doing that, but I find the "most corrupt" camp generally forgets the bush administration's lies.
    oh man here we go again......"FACTS" take a little time of your own and dig into the trusty interweb and you will
    find all the "facts" you need or in your case, don't need.
    I hate to be the one(sorry that's a lie) to break it to you but the guy is as transparent as mud and has set our country against each other
    more than anybody in my life time anyway, so much for "change we can believe in" I said from the start he was not the man for the job and he's proven that so many times.

Godfather.

Nice term....interwebs - choice word of trolls everywhere. I've seen the facts of the last 8 years, and I'm in a much better place than I was during the bush years. I saw on day one of the Obama presidency, the speaker of the house cone out and say it was the Republicans job to make sure he was a one-term president. That, to me, was maybe one of the most racist things we'll see in our life times. Deplorable, if you will. So, pardon me if i ask for actual facts, which you can't seem to provide - I mean, if there's so many that you think the way you do, then you should be able to make a list a mile long, right? And pardon me if I immediately write off a good majority of Obama haters as either overt racists, or low IQ voters.
    I don't see how that is racist. If the republicans wanted Obama to stay in office, they wouldn't have registered republican. Has nothing to do with him being black.
    You think if trump wins there won't be democrats saying they need to make him a 1-term president? Of course they will. Some of them might even be black, doesn't make them racist. If Hilary wins they will say the same about her. When bush ran for a second term they said the same about him. I just don't see the leap from a republican not wanting Obama to be president to therefore he is racist?
    For the speaker of the house to come out on day one, of the first black president, and make the comments he made, yes, that was unprecedented. I'm going to go off bit of here, but to think about the heightened sense of poor race relations in this country lately - and not atribute that solely to actions of the right - that's just not having any common sense at all.

I've said I'm not completely happy with everything the guy did. The bottom line is, are you better off now than you were 8 years ago? If you own a home, did you essentially gain back everything you lost since the housing crisis? Yes. If you were able to buy low in 09 - 13, have you gained 10-30K? Yes. Has your 401K gained back everything + more? Yes. When you talk about the 2 main things that affect the overall financial well being of the middle class, your home and your 401K are front and center. Those are far better, exponentially, than they were 8 years ago.
    You called the speaker of the house a racist. That is wrong and based on just as little fact as when others called Obama "the most corrupt President in history". The state of race relations are also not "solely" attributable to the actions of the right. That is also a statement based on no fact. You have spent the last few posts demanding facts from others so feel free on this issue to do the same.
    I'm calling what Boehner said unprecedented. Do I believe that Boehner is a racist, I think the jury is out. That's an opinion.

And I'll absolutely say that recent (last 8 years) actions by the right have allowed a guy like David Duke to gain traction in a Senate race, as well as having the son of a former Klan "associate" (that's putting it lightly) win the spot on the Republican ticket for president as evidence to support my argument. Look no further than that. It says everything you need it to say.
    The jury is out?
  • Options

How was Bush treated "poorly at times?" What did he endure that exhibited an insult to the office? That was so blatantly overt? Other than the shoe being thrown at him in Iraq and Angela Merkel recoiling at his massage attempt at the EU or NATO summit?

A movie was made about his actual assassination. How soon we forget.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

How was Bush treated "poorly at times?" What did he endure that exhibited an insult to the office? That was so blatantly overt? Other than the shoe being thrown at him in Iraq and Angela Merkel recoiling at his massage attempt at the EU or NATO summit?

A movie was made about his actual assassination. How soon we forget.
    And here's what the current democrat candidate for president said at the time, and rightly so. Nice try though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/12/17/forget-sonys-the-interview-this-award-winning-movie-imagined-the-assassination-of-george-w-bush/

And it's a British film that pulled in a whopping $800K at the box office. More a reflection on your crown, no?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

this^^^^^

His own literary agency listed him as being born in Kenya in error.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp

The problem with that error is that it put fuel on the birther fire. Conspiracy theorists at this point could legitimately question his birth place without being racist. It isn't always racisms.

As an aside I bet none of you Americans are familiar with the current "birther" issue we are experiencing up in Canada. A woman who claimed to be the first Afgani member of parliament has now been found to have been born in Iran.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/12136822

I don't believe most Canadians actually care although there are some who insinuate that she new what her actual heritage was for many years. To question her backstory at this point is not "racism" as the initial error can spark the conspiratorial mind.

McCain's citizenship was questioned. Cruz's citizenship was questioned. It's not always racism.

• Options

McCain's citizenship was questioned. Cruz's citizenship was questioned. It's not always racism.

That's true, but in no fashion were either as pursued or implied as President Obama's.

• Options

That's true, but in no fashion were either as pursued or implied as President Obama's.

Agreed but that still doesn't mean it was racism.
  • Options
    What would you call it? I believe that TO SOME, it was totally racist. Maybe a slight majority. However, I think there are some that truly just bought into the hype around birtherism and there was no racism to it.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.
    Republicans would use any angle they could to get at a Democrat. Whether it is cheating in office, whitewater, pneumonia, citizenship, emails, etc... they would use it. They have proven they have no limits so why would you think a white guy with a French dad and a possibility of being born outside the USA would be off limits?

Again, you say they are sexist with Hillary, and racist with Obama, but they actually impeached a white guy from the south. Argument over. Just spiked the football in the end zone.
    Right... so a bunch of other things they did, justified or not, didn't stem from underlying racism. That doesn't mean they didn't do some other thing that did.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't know that.

Right... so a bunch of other things they did, justified or not, didn't stem from underlying racism. That doesn't mean they didn't do some other thing that did.
    His dad was from Kenya. Why is it racist to try to claim he was born in Kenya? What remote tie to racism is there? There are millions of black people in the USA and no one suspects they were all born in Africa so there isn't any line of thinking that Obama is black so he must have been born in Africa. Also, what is the negativity to being born in Africa? Is it an insult? No, it wasn't and insult or a racist play. It was an opportunistic play to try to prove he wasn't a legitimately elected president.